Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Past and Present Meetings ❯ Ryou and the Ring ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: *extreme happiness* I got another review! YAY!! XD Thank you!

Joey: They love me!

*pets*

Joey: ^^

Anyway...*enormous sweatdrop*...this chapter's about Ryou. I don't know if you wanted more Joey and Seto, but they're just gonna have to wait! *dodges tomato* Gyah! I'M SORRY!

~*~*~*~*~*Ryou and the Ring*~*~*~*~*~

`This sucks. This really really sucks.'

"Don't worry Ryou, we're gonna have a better life here." His father sees the look on his face and tries to reassure him.

"I know." He replies softly.

"Come on, I'll help you unpack your things."

"I've got it." He picks up his bags and trudges upstairs to his new bedroom, a little more than irritated with his parents. `They never even asked me if I WANTED to move to this stupid town.' He shuts the door, drops his bags, and falls roughly on the bed. Okay, maybe it's the bed that's rough. …stupid furniture. `What was it, three days ago? Yeah, three days ago I was informed we were moving. Haha, very funny. Give your son three days to pack up his life and say bye to all his friends.' He frowns. `…well, maybe not the friends part.' Ryou hadn't been the most popular boy at his old school and he was a little nervous about going to a different one…especially since he'd never been in a public school before. `I just hope it's not like the stories I hear from Mom and Dad…'

He shudders. `I don't think I could take all those kids in one hallway. Not saying that I wouldn't like to make a friend or two, but I'm not exactly what most people would call cool.' His eyes begin to water. 'See,' he wipes them off and turns over on his side. `I'll never make it in there. I gotta toughen up a little.' Tears run down his cheeks. `But I can't help it…God I'm miserable…' He curls up tighter, hugging his knees. `I wish I was stronger…just a little stronger…'

The sheets around him move, as if blown by a wind. He suddenly feels cold. `Ugh, it's freezing in here!' He crawls off the mattress and makes his way toward the window, muttering something about "it should be warm, it's summer". He lifts his head momentarily to pull down the window, but there's a slight problem.

"The window's closed? Then why were my sheets moving!?" He mumbles something else. "Pfft. It's probably a fan or something."

He starts to turn around when something catches his eye. `Gyah! What was that!?' He looks around, a tad shaken from seeing something move in the room he was ALONE in. `I'm going insane…' He looks back at the window and freezes.

Someone else was in the room. How could he tell? Well, they were standing right behind him. "Who…are you? What are you doing in my room? Why do you…you look like…me?" He asks the window shakily, too afraid to turn around.

The figure only stares at him, a grin on its face. It reaches out to touch him, but frowns.

(Not enough strength…yet.)

The hair on the back of Ryou's neck stands on end. How was he hearing that voice? The boy's mouth wasn't even moving!

(But soon the time will come.)

"The ti-time? S-s-soon?"

It steps forward, now only inches away from his back.

(Yes.)

It snaps its neck to the right, suddenly interested in something outside.

(Sooner than I thought.)

"Huh?" He looks in the direction the other was watching intensely.

(Don't try to see it just yet. It will come to you in time.)

"What are you talking about!?" He turns around, desperately wanting an answer.

Nothing there.

"What the…?" He instinctively reaches a hand up to his chest. He feels something…hard. And smooth. "What's this?" He looks down. "What the hell is going on?!" Hanging from his neck on a chain was a golden ring, an Egyptian symbol and five smaller ornaments dangling from it. "Where did…who was…how is…"

*KNOCK* *KNOCK*

He looks up, a little dazed. "Y-Yes?"

"Are you okay in there?"

"Yeah Mom."

She peeks her head inside. "Who were you talking to?"

He crosses his arms quickly, trying to cover up the necklace. "No one Mom."

"Alright. Just try being a little quieter. We don't want to disturb our neighbors the first night we're here!"

"Okay Mom."

"Goodnight sweetie."

"Night."

She shuts the door.

He lets out a deep breath. `That was close.' His arms unfold and move along his chest. "Huh?" Nothing was there.

He sits there in silence for a few minutes, trying to sort out what just happened. "…I give up." He walks tiredly over to his bed and flops down. `I'm just gonna sleep on this…'

He closes his eyes. `Just try not to think about anything.' He feels himself slowly slipping away.

`Almost there…' His hand slithers its way up to his neck. `A chain? ...eh, screw it.' And with that Ryou fell asleep.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

A/N: There ya go! Kinda short and boring, but I had to introduce him. ^^;; Um, the next chapter's gonna be with Ryou and Yugi and some other guys. *is hit in the face with another tomato* Ugh. I'll put Joey and Seto in there later.

Ryou: Please review!

*grabs and cuddles*

Ryou: O.O