Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Past Reborn ❯ Chapter One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter One

Kayla!” Yugi screamed as he sat up in bed, sweat covering his whole body. This had been the fifth time he had, had the same dream for the past week. What was it about this girl he kept seeing that haunted him so and why did she seem so familiar? He was pulled out of his thoughts when his bedroom door burst open and the figures ran in.

“Are you okay Yugi?” A short old man with gray hair and beard asked.

“Yes Grandpa, I just has a nightmare that’s all.”

“That’s the fifth time this week little one, are you sure you’re all right?” A taller version of Yugi asked.

“Yes Yami I’m fine.”

“Well if you’re sure you’re all right then I’m going to go back to bed.” Solomon, Yugi’s grandfather said.

Yugi decided it was now or never to ask the question that had been bugging him for the past few nights about the strange girl. “Grandpa who’s Kayla?”

Solomon stopped and turned around to face his grandson.

“She’s your sister.”

“My sister? Grandpa why wasn’t I told I have a sister and why isn’t she living with us?” Yugi asked in complete shock.

“It’s too long of a story to go into now and it’s late. You should go back to bed now because you have school tomorrow and I’ll tell you everything you want to know tomorrow when you get home.” Yugi’s grandfather then turned around and left.

Yami too was about to leave when Yugi called out his name causing him to turn around. “What is it little one?”

“Well this dream I’ve been having I think it’s more than a dream I think it’s a memory I think it’s a memory but there’s this one part that I can’t tell if it’s just a dream or a memory like from a previous life.”

“Well what was this part about?” he asked hoping that what his little look alike had was nothing but a dream.

“It’s really strange I’m three years old and calling someone who looks exactly like Kayla mommy. You’re in it as well and you and this person act all lovey-dovey around each other. But the really strange thing about it is that this all takes place in ancient Egypt.”

Yami just stood there too shocked to say or do anything. How was it that Yugi had seen him with his wife and son, who everyone had said looked like his little clone? There was no way Yugi could have seen them it had to be a dream. It just had to be! There was no way that Yugi could be his little boy, yes granted they looked alike but he figured it was just so when he was still in the millennium puzzle no one would know the difference when he took over Yugi’s body.

“Um Yami are you all right?” Yugi asked bringing him out of his thoughts.

“Yes I’m fine. What you saw is just part of a dream. Now you should go back to bed you have school tomorrow.” He then left and went to sleep himself not noticing a female figure watching him from the window.

She had long raven hair, amber eyes, dark skin and she wore a long dark purple gown. “Don’t worry my Pharaoh, everything will make sense soon.” Then in a blink of an eye she disappeared.