Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Past Reborn ❯ Chapter Three ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter Three

She looked just like the girl from his dreams.

“Kayla?” He asked not sure as how this girl was going to respond.

The young woman looked up from where she was sitting and smiled.

“Yugi!” She exclaimed as she got up and hugged him. “Oh I missed you, so how’s my little prince doing?” She chuckled as she saw the confused look on his face. “When we were little you used to love to play make-believe and would always pretend to be a prince so I would just call you my little prince.” She explained.

Yugi nodded and smiled. “I used to dream about you all the time and never knew who you were then last night Grandpa told me that you were my sister.” He then turned to his grandfather. “Speaking of which you said that you would explain why I never knew about her and why she’s not living with us.”

Solomon nodded but before he could explain anything the doorbell rang.

“I’ll get it. It’s probably the others.” Yugi said as he went to answer the door.

“The others?” Yami asked.

“Yami don’t tell me you forgot that I told you the gang was coming over today.” Yugi giggled.

Yami thought for a bit and remembered that Yugi did tell him. “You’re right.”

Yugi opened the door to reveal the whole gang standing there. “Hey guys come on in. There’s someone I want you to meet.” He led the others into the living room when two certain boys had the shock of their lives.

“Kayla/Sissy!” Seto and Mokuba exclaimed at the same time.

“Squirt, Chibi!” Kayla grinned. “I thought I’d never see you two again.”

“Hold up how do you three know each other?” Malik asked.

“Yeah and how come Mokuba called you Sissy?” Joey asked.

“It’s a long story and in order for it to make sense Grandpa would have to tell his story first.” Kayla explained as she sat back down on the couch.

Solomon motioned for everyone to take a seat before he began his explanation. Malik and Marik sat on the floor along with Bakura, Ryou, Joey and Tristan. Mai sat on a smaller couch next to Serenity; Tea sat in a chair and Seto sat on Kayla’s left while Yugi sat on her right with Mokuba sitting on her lap. Once everyone was comfortable Solomon began to explain what had happened thirteen years ago.

Solomon was in the kitchen making popcorn for a movie he was going to watch with his two grandchildren.

“Grandpa hurry up, da movie’s about to start.” Six year old Kayla said from where she was sitting next to three year old Yugi on the couch.

“I’ll be there in a minute.” Solomon chuckled as he took the popcorn out of the microwave and walked into the living room.

“The three of us sat together and watched the movie but halfway through the two of them fell asleep.” Solomon explained.

“Then what happened?” Malik asked.

“Well then…”

The doorbell rang and Solomon carefully got up from where he was sitting so as not to wake the two children. He opened the door to reveal two police officers standing there with grim looks on their faces.

“We’re sorry to bother you at this hour but we have some bad news pertaining to your son and daughter-in-law.”

Solomon’s face paled fearing the worst. “OMG what happened?”

“They were in a severe car accident and were killed instantly.”

“The hardest part was telling the kids and when I did they both began to hysterically cry and they were like that even after the funeral.”

“Oh man that’s so sad, but why were Kayla and Yug’ separated?” Joey asked as he grabbed a tissue and blew his nose.

“After the funeral Abigail, Seto and Mokuba’s mother, and I were talking.”

“I’d hate to separate the kids but I just can’t afford to take care of them both, and there’s no way I’m going to send them to an orphanage.” Solomon told Abigail as they sat down on a couch in his living room as the children played outside in the backyard.

“Those poor children losing both their parents at such a young age. I have an idea why don’t I take care of Kayla and you take Yugi that way they don’t have to go to an orphanage. I mean it’s the least I can do for Victoria.” Abigail offered.

“I appreciate the offer but I just can’t bring myself to separate the two. I mean they’re so close to each other that I’m afraid separating them would permanently destroy them.” Solomon explained.

“I understand where you are coming from but understand where I’m coming from, if each of us took one kid yes they would be separated but they would still see each other and could visit where as if you put them in an orphanage they could be separated and never see each other again which would be even worse.” She explained.

Solomon agreed and that day Kayla went home with a young Seto and his parents while Yugi stayed with his grandfather.

“That’s just awful losing your parents at such a young age and then being separated in a time of need.” Mai said as she wiped away her tears.

“Yeah but it’s not like we never saw each other even though Yugi was to young to remember.” Kayla explained.

“I’d still like to know how Seto and Mokuba know Kayla?” Marik asked.

Malik smacked him upside the head. “Did you not hear what Yugi’s grandfather said? He said that she went to go live with Abigail and her husband who were Seto and Mokuba’s parents you moron.”

“Yup and for six years it was just the five of us, me, Aunt Abigail, Uncle Seth, Squirt and Chibi.”

“You can’t call me Squirt anymore Kayla.” Seto smirked.

“Hey you may now be taller than me but I can still call you Squirt if I want too.” She stuck her tongue out at him and he returned the gesture. “And you,” she turned her attention to Mokuba who was still sitting on her lap, “don’t get any ideas you are and will always be Chibi; so don’t get any ideas of arguing with me about it.” She grinned as she tickled him on his sides causing him to burst out laughing.

“Um sorry to interrupt but I believe you were going to tell us what happened with you three.” Yami said.

“Oh yeah sorry about that. Like I said before we were all living together for six years and then one day, just like mom and dad, Aunt Abigail and Uncle Seth died in a car crash and these people sent Seto and Mokuba to an orphanage for boys and they sent me to an orphanage for girls and that was the last we saw of each other until now.

“Hey I’ve got an idea why don’t we go out and celebrate the reunion of Yugi, Seto, Mokuba and Kayla.” Serenity suggested.

“Sounds like a plan, so does anyone have any ideas where we should go?” Tristan asked.

“I know let’s go to Club Outlet.” Kayla suggested.

“I never heard of that club.” Tea said.

“That’s because it only opened up about four weeks ago. This club is just for teenagers and it’s really cool. I got a friend that works there and I think I could get her to let us in for free.”

“Really? Cool I say lets go.” Malik grinned.

There were various agreements heard throughout the room.

“Is it all right if we go Grandpa?” Yugi asked.

“It’s all right by me but just make sure you’re all back by midnight.” Solomon said as he got up and went back to the game shop to reopen it after his break.

“Well lets get going then shall we.” Bakura said as he got up and headed towards the door. The others followed and soon they were all headed towards the club in three years.

Kayla, Yugi, Yami, Malik and Marik were in Kayla’s Explorer; Mai, Joey, Serenity and Tristan were all in Mai’s Saturn and Seto, Mokuba, Tea, Ryou and Bakura were all in Seto’s Jeep.