Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Paybacks are fun! ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 1

Yugi's P.O.V

I sat in the window seat on the plane. Looking out the window I put on my ever-fake grin and waved to Seto Kaiba and his girlfriend, Serenity.

I was going to America. Kaiba had given me 1 million dollars out of his own personal money.

~*~ Flashback ~*~

"Are you sure you want to do this Yugi? I can tell already you do. I would want to too!" Kaiba gave me a fake smile.

"If you must do this at least let me help you, I have about 2 billion dollars saved up, I am willing to give you 1 million of that. It should help you get an apartment, food, some furniture. Remember to enroll in your local high school. Email me regularly or you will regret it. Good bye Yugi, we will miss you, Serenity and I."

~*~ End Flashback ~*~

I was leaving because of… them. They were the reason I was leaving. After Yami got his own body they had all shown their true colors. Joey had felt he had owed me something, that is the only reason he was my friend, Tea too. Tristan had only been my friend because Joey had convinced him too. Yami… Yami only pretended to care. He didn't give a crap about me. He only used me so he could get his body, and get out of the millennium puzzle.

Seto had been pretending too. He had only pretended to hate me because he hated Yami. He learned that Yami and I were two separate people when Yami got his own body.

As time passed Joey and Tristan started to pick on me more than before. They had never truly hurt me, at least not physically. They had merely held my bag over their head, out of my reach, just an annoyance in my life. Now they actually hit me.

Yami encourages them. Tea smirks and giggles hanging on Yami's arm. (=p I don't like Tea very much…)

Grandpa… Oh, grandpa, he had just been fulfilling his beloved son's last wish. `Take care of Yugi' That was it. In my grandfather's eyes 15 was more than old enough to take care of yourself. He had still let me live in the game shop, still fed me, but if I needed anything like new shoes or paper, or whatever else I had to get it myself.

I shake my head coming out of these thoughts. It is best not to think about the past. I have a new life.

LATER! (Still Yugi's P.O.V. until I say otherwise!)

I had an apartment and a phone, food in my fridge and a bed, couch, T.V., a small stereo, and a closet full of clothes.

Today was my first day of American school. I decided when I left Domino that I would not trust anyone, at least not easily. Yes, I trusted Kaiba and Serenity. But now I would trust no one else. I looked at the clock. 7:25. I had to leave in five minutes. School started at 7:50, It was a good fifteen minute walk to school. I glanced at the full-length mirror on my closet door as a passed toward the living room.

I was wearing a red shirt with the words, Trust Nobody, on it. I wore black jeans and a pair of tennis shoes. I left walking down the street of Manna, Michigan. (No, this isn't an actual town… at least I don't think it is!)

The walk like I said, was a fifteen minute walk.

I entered the school building and went to the office. The secretary handed me a note and a schedule. I walked to the first class. (This is everyone's freshman year!) Everyone was staring at me. I didn't care. Walking to the teacher's desk I noticed his name was Mr. Gatral. (Pronounced Gay Troll… That's HOW IT'S PRONOUNCED!)

"Alright everyone, this is Yugi Mouto. Would you like to say anything else, Yugi?" he asked.

"My name is Yugi Mouto, that is all you have to know." I said. Everyone looked at me funny, I just stood there until the teacher directed me to sit by an `Ash Chizu.'

"Don't touch me I don't bother you, got it?" She whispered.'

I didn't answer just yawned and continued with the notes I was writing. Ash smirked. "That's what I thought."

I just ignored her writing my notes. This seemed to make her mad. She sat beside me fuming. I knew she was just acting; she was probably the most social, popular girl in school.

Ahhh, lunchtime. I sat on my own, eating my lunch at a table in the back corner of the room.

I frowned as Ash came and sat across from me. No one followed her though. "I'm sorry about in class. We had a new student last month, he tried… pulling some moves." She explained.

I glared at her and returned to my ham sandwich.

2 YEARS LATER! Hmm Yugi would be a… Junior I think…

I had grown to trust Ash. She was my girlfriend. "Yugi, when we win nationals you HAVE to come to my party! If you don't… I'll… I'll…" She was searching for something to add in there.

"Keep your shirt on Ash, I'll come, it would be kind of Rude to not come to my own party.

I was on the soccer team. Star player, I made sure everyone got a chance at the ball… on our team anyway. This year we were going for nationals. We had gone state last year, but had not had enough money for busses or anything to go nationals. This year we were hosting the final national game.

Yami P.O.V.

I had just been at the Kaiba World when I saw the note taped on the door to Yugi's bedroom door.

Yami Grandpa,

Sorry I was such a bother to you, it doesn't matter anymore. See you… NEVER!

Yugi

I laughed reading this. He would be back in a day, two at the most. That little runt couldn't fight his way out of a wet paper bag. It doesn't matter.

2 years later.

I smirked at what grandfather had told me. We were moving to America. Joey, Seto, Tristan, and Tea were coming too. Joey's dad didn't care, Tristan and Tea had some how talked their parents in to letting them go. Seto could do what ever the heck he well pleased.

We were supposed to meet with the principal of the Manna High School, in Michigan. Grandpa had been a friend with him for a while. Yami wanted to see America; he had only ever seen Japan, and maybe Egypt.

1 month later.

We arrived in America greeted by the principal. "Hello everyone! I thought to start the night off we could go to the national soccer match my school is hosting. I have to go because, well, I'm the principal. You guys might enjoy it!" he said shaking everyone's hand.

"We would love to," grandpa answered.

7 O'clock that night.

"Now to get this match started we will have our band play the Manna fight song!" the announcer blared over the loudspeaker. We were facing the field. A soccer ball was painted in the middle. In the middle of the soccer ball was a real soccer ball.

The band filled into the field and began the song, people around them chanted:

CHEERS, CHEERS FOR OLD MHS!

TO HER GREAT NAME WE'LL ALWAYS SAY YES!

SING HER PRAISES UP ON HIGH,

SHAKE DOWN THE THUNDER FROM THE SKY!

WEATHER THE ODDS BE, GREAT OR SMALL OLD MHS WILL WIN OVER ALL

AS HER LOYAL STUDENTS GO MARCHING ONWARD TO VICTIORY

RA! RA! RA!

"NOW LET'S BEGIN THE GAME! ASH CHIZU LEADS THE HOME TEAM'S CHEERLEADERS!

The cheerleading squad then yelled out,

HEY, HEY, YO, YO,

GO MUSTANGS, MUSTANGS LET'S GO! (that's there mascot by the way)

BIG BLUE TO THE HOUSE LET'S GO!

"THE MUSTANGS OPOSE THE REDCATS FROM NORTH CAROLINA! PLEASE SHOW GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP, NOW WITHOUT FURTHER ADU, THE REDCATS!" the opposing team ran out onto the field taking their places, their center stretching in the middle of the field. "NOW, THE MUSTANGS!!!!!!" a large cheer went out as the mustangs ran onto the field.

My P.O.V. (this means that its normal!)

That wasn't what caught our Japanese friends faces though. The Mustang's center took his place stretching a bit before glaring at his opponent. The boy was about 5'10 with bright blonde bangs, long black hair tied in a low pony tail, red tipped the bottom of the ponytail. He had vibrant violet eyes. He was wearing the navy blue shorts and t-shirt, on the back in bold red letter it read: MOUTO

05

Yami's P.O.V.

Is that Yugi? The little pipsqueak has grown. HOLY CRAP, HE'S GOOD! I thought.

My P.O.V.

Yami watched as Yugi kicked the ball to the player to his right not breaking eye contact with his opponent. Yugi then ran left as the ball was passed to him. He trapped the ball then kicked it left. The player over there got it, passed it to another player, (I don't really know how soccer works… just bear with me!) After more passes Yugi gained control of the ball passing it once more right through the goalie box to a player there, the player then kicked the ball into the goal.

"SCORE FOR THE MUSTANGS!" the loudspeaker blared.

The cheerleader chanted:

1 WE ARE THE MUSTANGS

2 A LITTLE BIT LOUDER

3 WE STILL CANT HERE YOU

4 MORE, MORE, MORE, MORE

1 WE ARE THE MUSTANGS

2 A LITTLE BIT LOUDER

3 WE STILL CAN'T HERE YOU

4 MORE, MORE, MORE, MORE, SCORE!

(This cheer is yelled rapidly only pausing to start back at 1 again.)

Whenever the game ends ^^'

The home team was filtering past us when the principal stopped Yugi.

"Mr. Mutou (Sorry, I just looked his name up in my Yugioh card guide.. It is spelled Mutou.) do you have a moment?" the principal asked.

Ash, sensing Yugi's uneasiness near the people with the principal stepped in just then, "No, he doesn't I made him promise to come to my party, don't want a stinky idiot there do we? YUGI GO TAKE A SHOWER BEFORE I START TO CRY!" Ash said pushing Yugi who was all to willing to go.

"Oh, yeah! Were you going to be a chaperone for my party tonight?" Ash asked the principal as an afterthought.

"Solomon, would you and your grandson and his friends like to go to an American party?" the principal asked.

"We would love to."

My P.O.V.

Yugi danced with Ash for a while. Then went over to one of his friends and started talking. Do not get me wrong, Yugi doesn't trust this friend, just tolerates him, after all, he IS the most popular guy in the school. Yugi watched as the principal, his grandfather, Yami, Tea, Tristan, and Joey walked in.

"Ash, I'm going to go home now, I'm tired," he explained to his girlfriend catching a quick kiss and slipping out the door, Yami noticed this and wanted to follow him just for the sake of picking on him. (Of course Yami didn't notice the changes… except that he was faster)

Yami ducked out the door noticing Yugi pull out his keys at then end of the hall and enter the apartment.

Monday morning 7:30 a.m. "Yugi!" a girl ran and grabbed onto her friend's arm, "who are you're frie…" she trailed off getting a good look at the guy who's arm she was holding. "I'm terribly sorry, you looked just like my friend Yugi! I'll just… THERE HE IS! HEY YUGI WAIT UP!" the girl ran off.

Yami P.O.V.

My friends and I were walking to school when we heard a cry of "YUGI!" Someone grabbed my arm; it was a girl with dark brown eyes, medium length chestnut hair pulled up into a ponytail. She was wearing a red shirt that said `I don't mean to be rude… Actually, yes I do!' and a pair of blue jeans. "Who are your frie… I'm terribly sorry! You looked just like my friend Yugi! I'll just… THERE HE IS! HEY YUGI WAIT UP!" yelled the girl running across the street where none other than Yugi Mutou.

Yugi was wearing a pair of baggy black jeans and a cerulean colored t-shirt. He spun around upon hearing his name Yami saw that purple and black dragons were decorating the front of his shirt.

Yugi put his arm around the girl and walked off.

Yugi P.O.V.

"YUGI," I heard my name called spinning around. Ash was there.

"Hello Ash," I said putting my arm across her shoulders.

"Are you coming with Becky and I to the beach this weekend? Sesshoumaru is coming too," she explained. Becky and Sesshoumaru weren't completely trusted, but almost there.

Sesshoumaru was a quiet guy. He had a half moon tattoo on his forehead and two horizontal stripes on each cheek. He has thigh length snow-white hair, why you ask, who knows. Sess takes and gives good advice, he HATES his little brother, but then again, so do we. His eyes turn from gold to red when he is angry and he doesn't make friends easily.

Becky is the complete opposite of Sess. She has really thick light brown hair, usually pulled back and secured with a hair tie. Becky has eyes that change colors and glasses. She is hyper and outgoing and sometimes she never shuts up.

This is going to sound crazy, but her and Sess are going out. Weird huh?

^. ~ Class - Period 1 ~. ^

I sat in my seat across from Ash and waited for the teacher, Mr. Gatral.

"We have four new students today. Tea Gardner, Seto Kaiba, Yami Mutou, Tristan Taylor and Joseph Wheeler. (Kaiba hacked the school computer and got them all in the same class.) Do you have anything to say guys?" the Gatral asked.

"My name is Yami, I can beat anyone at duel monsters, or anything else for that matter," Yami said.

"Bet you can't beat Yugi, he is the best at Duel Monsters, Soccer, and not to mention the martial arts," Becky said smirking.

"I'm Tea and Yami can beat a worthless twerp like Yugi anyplace anytime," she growled out.

"Well, Tea, I ever see you in my apartment again I'll call the police, and no, Yami the idiot can't," Ash added her two cents.

"Nah, dat lil' idiot wouldn't be able ta beat Yami!" Joey growled out.

"Seto, long time, no see," Yugi said to Seto who was glaring at everyone but Yugi.

"Um… okay people let's get this lesson going," Gatral said.

A/N: I don't think that totally sucked… I don't know you tell me! Review please!!! I would be FOREVER grateful.