Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Pranking ❯ Elevator ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

The funniest things to do on an elevator

Scene: An empty elevator. A day at the mall has just started. Yugi walks in with a massive grin on his face. He takes a piece of chalk out his pocket and carefully draws a square around his feet. He stands there and waits for the next person to come in.

Jou: Hey Yugi! How are ya doin'?

Jou steps towards Yugi and unknowingly steps inside the square. Yugi frowns and roughly pushes Jou away.

Yugi: Jou! This is my personal space! Go away!

Jou looks confused and glances down. He sees the square and looks back up.

Jou: Ah, you've been checkin' out those `top ten lists' again, haven't ya? Well, two can play at this game.

A stranger walks in. As soon as Jou sees him, Jou starts humming like a racecar. The stranger looks at them strangely and gets on. Jou quietens down and looks at Yugi knowingly. They both stare at the stranger, giving him the evil eye. The stranger ignores them and looks decidedly at the buttons. He raises a hand to push, but Jou swats it away.

Jou: Can I push it? Huh, huh, huh. Puh-lease???

The stranger looks confused but nods hesitantly. Jou smiles and starts to push random buttons without waiting for the stranger to tell him which floor he wanted to get off at. Even worse, Jou starts singing `Mary had a little lamb' in time to him pushing. The stranger steps even further away and accidentally steps into Yugi's chalk square.

Yugi: Get out of my personal space! Jeez, how many times do I have to tell people?

The stranger looks frightened and gets out of the elevator as soon as it came to the next floor. Jou starts to emit racecar noises once again as the stranger gets off. The stranger looks behind him, but doesn't say anything. Yugi and Jou watch him go through the window.

Yugi: Well, that was fun. Let me try this time.

Yugi steps out of his square and carefully leans against the button panel. He made sure that he didn't touch any, but that no one could see them. A woman approaches. Jou once again starts humming like a racecar. She stares at him, but doesn't say anything. Once she gets on, she looks around for the buttons. She sees that Yugi is leaning against them.

Woman: Um, excuse me..

Yugi: (Looking suspiciously at the woman) Yeah?

Woman: Do you mind? I would like to use this elevator and you are in the way.

Yugi sighs sceptically and steps away and stands in his box. He winks at Jou Yugi sighs sceptically and moves away and stands in his box. He winks at Jou and the three stand in silence for a while. They go past one floor and Jou produced a loud `ding' in time with automatic voice on elevator. They pass another floor. Jou repeats the exercise at each floor. The woman ignores him and opens her bag. She takes lipstick out and starts to apply it on her lips. Yugi starts making smacking noises with his lips and Jou starts gaping noiselessly like a fish. The woman gets annoyed and puts the lipstick away.

Woman: What are you looking at?

Yugi and Jou say nothing but they look at each other disapprovingly. The elevator comes to a stop and a businessman walked in. Jou makes the racecar sound, but then walks over to him and holds out a hand in greeting.

Jou: Hello! No need to be shy! Just call me Admiral.

Jou grabs the stranger's hand and starts shaking it enthusiastically. The businessman looks surprised but carries on shaking. Jou lets go and salutes him. The woman starts laughing softly at the look on the man's face. Jou looks over at her, surprised as if he had just noticed her and also grabs her hand.

Jou: Hello there to you too! I am deeply sorry that I had not the chance to meet you. Just call me Admiral!

The woman frowns and takes her hand away as Jou hand bent over to try kissing it. The businessman was now sniggering and Yugi was just standing in the corner not saying anything. The elevator came to a stop and Yugi took the liberty of saying `ding'. Both the man and the woman walked off and Jou grinned at Yugi and, in harmony, made the car noise once again. They didn't stop, even as a whole crowd of people walked in. There wasn't much room in it. Jou and Yugi are now in the very back of the lift. It's silence. Jou breaks it by starting to whistle. All heads swivel round in their direction. Jou whistles the same begging notes of `It's a small world' over and over again. Yugi carries on with saying `ding' at every floor. Some people get annoyed and start chatting loudly to each other. Jou stopped but Yugi reaches into his bag and grabs a harmonica.

Jou: (Whispering) Whoa, Yugi. I didn't know that you played that.

Yugi smiles and brings to his lips. He plays a loud out of tune melody. The other passengers place their fingers in their ears and Yugi only played louder. Even worse, Jou starts singing.

Jou: ON TOP OF SPAGETTTI, ALL COVERED WITH CHHEEESSSEEE. I LOST MY POOR MEATBALL, WHEN SOMEBODY SNEEEEZZEEEDD!

It went on for several minutes, the passengers trying to ignore the sing-a-long they were holding in the back. Jou even paused during the song to add `ding' at each floor level. The crowd begins to file out and Yugi and Jou quieten down. They look at each other.

Yugi: So, what do you want to do now? It's almost lunch and there aren't going to be a lot more people…

Jou: Let go… HAVE SOME FUN WITH TELEMARKETERS!!!

They both leave the elevator and head over to the Turtle Game Shop.