Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Puppy Love ❯ Confessions ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Wow, first of all, sorry for the wait.  My computer has been in the shop and needless to say, this story has been sorely neglected.  Sorry for all of the wait and I really hope I haven’t lost any fans on this one.  Now this fic has been taken off of hiatus.  It’s active again and I’m alive and updating!

So, anyway, here is the latest chapter of Puppy Love, hope you enjoy it!

Chapter 8: Confessions

“ To accomplish great things, we must dream as well as act.” - Anatole France

It had been several weeks since Yugi and Anzu had met again.  All the time, Yugi had been working diligently helping Ginger walk on her three remaining legs, and growing quite fond of the big brown furball known as Ginger.

Yugi had felt a sense around her, much like he did when he was around his friends, but his friends were so busy with their current lives that they barely saw each other as they had when they were in school.

It seemed that their bond has held up though, through the years they had kept their promises to remain friends no matter what, especially Yugi and Anzu.  Over the course of knowing each other, Yugi and Anzu had always had a deeper bond then the others.

A special bond, that seemed to reach further then the boundaries of friendship.

Yugi had often thought of Anzu as a best friend, but he felt as if there was something more to their friendship.  Or, could there be something more to their friendship.

After all, he wouldn’t mind if they were more then friends, or maybe that’s what he wanted. 

The spiky haired teen figured that he would have to think this one over a considerable amount.

The next morning, when Yugi woke up, he got dressed and walked into the turtle, Ginger was sitting at the doorway, her tail was thumping in a lazy but steady pace as she smiled her typical doggie smile at little Yugi.

“Hi there, Ginger.” The young boy replied cheerfully, upon seeing his three legged friend in the doorway and he reached down to give her a few pats on the head. 

Soon after, he went over to the dog food and put some in her bowl, as well as replenished her water supply for the day.

After Ginger ate, Yugi began to play with her.  The two of them were engaged in a game of wrestling when Yugi’s grandfather stumbled upon the two.

“Well, who’s winning?” The old man asked jovially as he scratched his head.

The spiky haired boy, who was pinned to the ground by the large brown dog, looked up at his grandfather.  “Oh, hi grandpa.”

“This came in the mail for you.” Solomon handed Yugi a letter.

The young boy sat up, on the floor, clutching the letter.

“For me?”  He questioned, as Ginger peered over his shoulder.  “It’s from Anzu.”

Slowly and surely, Yugi tore a hole in the top with his fingernail and slowly drug his finger across the top of it, opening the envelope and revealing the letter inside.  Slowly, the small boy opened the parchment in his hands, and it was, indeed from Anzu.

He began to read the letter.

“ Dear Yugi,

How have things been?  I’ve been as busy as always, looking after the animals that come into the ASPCA and rescuing many animals, of course.  Ai and I have been busy!  We had 4 cases in one day before! Whew! Being an officer to a lot of work, but seeing the ones that go in good favor is well worth it.

By the way, how has Ginger been?  I hope she’s recovering well.  I can’t wait to see her again.  I plan on visiting tomorrow.  I hope your ready for me!

I can’t wait!  It’ll be great to see you again!

Tell your grandfather to take care!

Much love,

Anzu. “

Yugi walked behind the counter, where his grandfather was waiting for any duelist to pick out a card.  He turned to Yugi.  “What did it say, if you don’t mind my asking?”

“Anzu’s coming over tomorrow to check on Ginger.”  Yugi replied.

“Oh, that’s nice.  It’ll be good to see her again, won’t it?”

“Yeah, it’s been a long time.”

“A long time since a couple of weeks ago when you two went to the shop and were drinking those fancy drinks.” Solomon joked.

“Grandpa!”

Solomon simply chuckled in response.  “ I was joking Yugi.  Perhaps you should take her out to eat.  She might like that.”

“I can, really?”

“Of course.  My treat!”

“What about you?”

“I’ll tend to the card shop.”

“Okay.”

The next day, Anzu walked into the card shop, wearing a white, spaghetti strapped dress that came to her knees.  It had bright yellow hibiscus flowers on it with the occasional green leaf.  She wore a flashy hat with a yellow flower on the side and white lace-up high heels.

“My, don’t we look nice today?” Solomon gave her his usual happy smile.

“Thanks!” Anzu beamed and cocked her head.  “So, where’s Yugi?”

“He told me to give you this.” The old man held out an invitation to meet Yugi at a semi-fancy restaurant. 

“An invitation?”

“Yes, he decided since it was going to be one of the few times you came about, that he was going to do something nice for you.”

“Awww…That’s really sweet of him.” Anzu replied with a slight blush flushing her cheeks.

“You’d better go.  You wouldn’t want to be late would you?” Yugi’s grandfather asked while working the register.

Anzu nodded and said her goodbye, then headed towards the restaurant.

At the restaurant, both young adults sat across from each other at the table.  They exchanged small talk and a few friendly conversations back and fourth.

They both ordered their food, and sat in silence, eating what they had ordered.  There was a long silence, aside from the occasional comment on how good the food was, or the occasional giggle of a stray piece of food being stuck to a body part.

After their dishes were cleared and the waitress came by, picking both them up and the money which was paid in full, Anzu and Yugi just sat and talked.  The spiky haired boy had finished his drink, and Anzu sipped gingerly on hers every once and a while.

“I have a confession to make, Anzu.” Yugi said after Anzu had brought up a move she had recently saw called “The Confession”.  It was an appropriate conversation, Yugi had thought and now he was looking very shy at what he was about to say.

“What is it, Yugi?” Anzu asked.  “The money’s not counterfeit, is it?”

Anzu gave a little giggle at her own joke.

Then came the sentence that would change Yugi’s life.

“I love you, Anzu.”

Chapter 9: Puppy Love

“ Hope is a waking dream.”- Aristotle

Well, that was a long!  I ran an entire page over!  So there you all have it!  Compensation for my horrendous deed of not updating because my computer was broken.  Anyway, please R&R!  Even if it is one word, I would really like all who read to review.  It means a lot to me!