Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Puppy Love ❯ Commitment ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Well, here is another chapter of Puppy Love!  I guess I would have considered chapter 10 the middle of the fanfic.  I think this will be a 15-20 chapter fic.  Thanks for the over 200 reviews!  I’m so lucky to have such great fans!  Anyway, this chapter will show more of Yugi and Ginger’s relationship.

For all of you who know, this is the 3rd fanfic I update, according to reviews!  If you want to sign on to a mailing list for my updates, go to my bio page for the list.  I’d be happy to have more people interested in my updates.  This fanfic has officially moved up in the rankings.  It is now the 3rd that I update

Anyway here is chapter 11.  Read, review and enjoy!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.< /b>

Puppy Love

Chapter 11:  Commitment "The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig was 'committed'." - unknown

>>>>>>>>>

After a few weeks of going places with Anzu between her jobs with the ASPCA, Yugi decided to spend some time with Ginger.  Yugi had been really committed to the dog ever since he had gotten her from Anzu.  Being a sergeant parent wasn’t so bad.  Many weeks had passed and Yugi was able to rehabilitate Ginger wonderfully.  She was showing great improvement and walking on 3 legs didn’t seem to be a problem for her.  The spiky haired man made sure that the dog had all of the right things to live her life as happy as possible. 

As a request to him, Yugi walked her around Domino every now and then, to socialize her well.   Ginger loved it.  Yugi figured she would, if she loved the people in his grandfather’s card shop, then she’d love the people of Domino as well.

Many weeks passed and Yugi and Ginger’s bond began to grow.  Anzu would call every day and give Yugi the status on the dog and her court case.   So far, there had been no luck.  No one was found that could be charged as guilty, but she wasn’t going to give up.

Yugi never gave up either.

It did seem that the time they were spending was running short.  Yugi knew that he would eventually have to give Ginger back up to the ASPCA so she could go to a shelter to be adopted.  The young man really didn’t want to give her up tough.  There was just something about this dog that he had admired.  He didn’t know what though.

Was it her courage to face her problems, and cope with her past?  Was it her courage to never give up on walking when no one, not even Yugi himself thought she could?  Was it her strength in times of toil?  He wasn’t sure; perhaps it was all of it combined.

The fresh out of high school male now had someone that would be there for him and provide him with unconditional love.  All of his friends were busy and a dog would be such a nice idea.  Even his grandfather seemed to be growing fond of Ginger.

He supposed that he would make every moment last and perhaps think of a way to eventually owning Ginger.

>>>>>>>>

Anzu worked all that day, there were several cases:  abandon puppies, a cat stuck in a tree, cracking down a cock fighting arena, some abused horses, a neglected hamster and a few abandon cats.  This was definitely one of the over times for the ASPCA.  Anzu and her partner, Ai was busy for most of the day, and rarely had any time to rest.

It seemed like as soon as they had an opportunity to rest, they got called back to the office.  The receiver in their squad car went off so many times that Ai threatened to smash it or throw it out of the car.  Anzu just chuckled at Ai’s comments.

Through half of the day Ai seemed fine, the she started muttering incoherent things to herself, then she started to complain about moving around too much and climbing over fences and other things.  Anzu sweat dropped at all of her statements.

‘Poor Ai…’  Anzu thought.  ‘She’s had such a hard day…I just hope she can actually make it through the day.’

The rest of the day seemed to be going as planned in the ASPCA.  Ai complained, but she lived.

There were no casualties in the missions that they went on that day, which was a good thing in an organization that hands out missions at random, each, in which, you never know what your going to get yourself into.

>>>>>>>>>>

Yugi looked at the calendar; Anzu was due back to check up on Ginger and see if she would be suitable or in suitable condition to go back to the ASPCA with her and to go back to the shelter to see if she is going to be adopted.

How he dreaded that day.  He had remembered when Ginger first came to him, and what horrible condition she was in, compared to how she is now.  There was sadness in her eyes, and her physical condition was overall horrible.  Yugi thought that she might die.  He never lost hope in her, and, at the time, he admired her fighting spirit.  He took care of her all of this time as a favor to both Anzu and the ASPCA…

He should be able to keep her…

Right?

After all, it was his commitment that kept her alive.

Commitment…

It was the one thing that Yugi had shown this entire time.

He was committed to what he has done, and now, like in many of the duels he once attended, it will be put to the test yet again.  The other thing that is precious will be put to the test as well…

His heart…

Well, no matter what, Yugi would make absolute sure that his heart would remain strong, just like Ginger’s had been this entire time.

He wasn’t about to let his loyal friend down.

He was committed and that was all it took!

Yugi decided that he would rise above all tests to see Ginger happy and his, with him as an owner, she would never have to face another cruelty again.

>>>>>>>>>>

Chapter 12:  Dedication

“Oh, what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to believe.” –Laurence Peter

>>>>>>>>>>>

Well, that was the end of chapter 11.  I hope you all enjoyed it a lot.  I look forward to bringing you a whole lot of new chapters.  Who knows, maybe this fanfic will end sooner then I thought.  This chapter was kinda blah, but it helped clarify things for the viewers/reviewers.  This is the last Yu-Gi-Oh fic I’ll do for a while.  I need to finish some of my other fanfics so I can go on with some other fanfics that I have.   I’m thinking about making another Roba fic, but it’s still a thought and who knows what will sprout from that.

Anyway, please drop me a review, no matter what you think.  I’ll be happy to hear any and all reviews…But be forewarned, DO NOT FLAME…  I will not tolerate it and it will be sent in to

So please make a kind review!