Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Puppy Love ❯ A Happy Life With You ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Here is chapter 13!  Too many people are superstitious of this number and all.  Anyway, I’ve been steadily updating on this and I’ve confirmed that it will, in fact, end in 15 chapters!  I’ve got names for all of the chapters and things of that nature.  I just need to figure out how I’m going to divide the story up into each chapter!  Since this is the second story that I update, now that two of my other stories are completed. 

I’d say this is light Anzu/Yugi since it’s minorly in the story in a couple of chapters!

Well here is chapter 13!

>>>>>>>>>>

Puppy Love

Chapter 13:  A Happy Life With You

"People are so quick to form an opinion of you when you're in my position. They want to figure you out in five minutes." Jennifer Lopez

>>>>>>>>>>>>

As Yugi was walking down the bustling streets of Domino, and his three legged companion Ginger walked along side of him.  It was a busy day, as usual and there were many people of all shapes and sizes walking through the streets.  Some of them gave Ginger strange looks for only having three legs, some asked what happened and some just ignored it and kept walking.

Some little kids would run up to Yugi and Ginger and ask to pet her.  He always enjoyed the company of little kids and his big, brown companion did as well.  Ginger would smile her usual smile and wag her tail in delight at the site of anything that would evoke human contact.  She loved it when the kids played with her and gave her attention.  What three legged dog wouldn’t.

The walk went along as usual; people walked along, every once in a while, they would pet Ginger and play with her.  They turned the corner, but who would have thought that it would be a one-way collision course for disaster.

An older Mokuba was skating down the street with his new fangled skate board.  He was really flying down the sidewalk, dodging in between people and objects with no problem.  He enjoyed the feel of air through his long, black, shimmering hair.  He closed his eyes for a moment.

“Wow, I’m really flying down the street!” The boy said aloud, to no one in particular.  “This is awesome!”

As the young boy was gliding down the sidewalk, Yugi and Ginger were turning the corner.

Bluish gray eyes opened.

Purple eyes widened.

Bluish gray eyes widened.

Mokuba was on a one-way collision course with Yugi and Ginger.  The dog ran out of the way, in the process, her lead rope wound around Yugi’s legs and he tried to dart off in the other direction, so he fell, and Ginger bolted forward, dragging the screaming spiky haired man  a couple of inches.

Mokuba, on the other hand, was screaming and trying to sway his skateboard, or skid to a stop.

‘I’m not going to make it!  I can’t stop in time!’   Mokuba thought.

Before Mokuba could do anything further, he flew off of his skateboard and collided with a mailbox, landing up against it with a thud and a crash. 

Yugi lay on the ground, moaning in pain, and so did Mokuba.  After about two minuets of rest and realizing that his friend almost became one with the mailbox, the spiky haired teen got up and ran over to his friend.

“Mokuba?  Mokuba are you all right?”  Yugi shook the boy’s shoulders.

“Eh…Oh, hi Yugi.”  The half lidded teen replied.

“I hope you’re okay.  Did you hurt yourself?” 

“Nah, I just had a major wipe out.”  Mokuba replied.

“Thank goodness.”  Yugi sighed in relief.

“I was just trying out my new skateboard…Guess I got too carried away.”  Mokuba said as he walked over and picked up the skateboard. 

“Huh?”  He looked confused for a while as he noticed Ginger standing there, wagging her tail. 

‘ Since when did Yugi have a dog?’ 

“Hey, what’s with the dog?” The boy pointed to the said dog.

“Oh, I’m taking care of her for Anzu.  You know, one of her ASPCA cases.” Yugi explained.

“Ah, I see.  It’s nice to see you again.  How is Anzu doing?”

“She’s great.  And Grandpa and I are fine too, he’s still his usual perky self.”  The spiky haired teen replied.

“Well, that’s good, give him my best wishes.” 

“Of course.”

“Well, I’d best get going!”  Mokuba waved behind him.  “I’ve got to get back to Nii-sama, before he worries too much.”

“Give Kaiba my best.”  Yugi waved.

“All right!”  The teen waved as he got on his skateboard and waved one final time.  “Bye, Yugi!”

“Bye Mokuba!”  Yugi yelled after his friend.

He watched Mokuba disappear over the paved horizon and started to walk down the sidewalk once more, with Ginger following happily behind him.  They both walked for a while, with no interruptions.  Yugi was glad to see Mokuba once more.  My how he’d grown, he was barely recognizable from when he last saw the younger Kaiba brother.

“Well, Ginger.” Yugi looked down at his smiling companion.  “Let’s go back to the card shop and see what Grandpa is doing, ok?”

The dog barked and wagged her tail in agreement.

The young man smiled at the dog.   They both advanced down the streets full of bustling people.  The two of them walking side by side, seeming to have such a happy life together as owner and pet.  But how long would it last?  Time was running short for Yugi to be with Ginger, and that time would come in only one week.

What would become of his companion?

>>>>>>>>>>>>

Chapter 14:  For Keeps

"The secret of success is to know something nobody else knows."- Aristotle Onassis

>>>>>>>>>>>>

Yeah, this chapter was clearly for comical purposes.  It’s funny sticking Yu-Gi-Oh characters in these types of situations.  In the next chapter, there will be more of a discussion on Yugi, Ginger and Anzu’s predicament with the dog and the ASPCA.  There are two more chapters to come, so stay tuned.  Oh, and leave me some reviews, I enjoy reading them!