Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Reborn The Monster ❯ Lost Chances At Love? ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter Three: Lost Chances At Love?

"Whadya mean none of you have a seat wit me?" Joey whined.

"Well we're all around you, but no one seems to be sitting with you." Bakura said looking at everyone's ticket.

Joey stuffed his ticket back into his pocket and leaned back into the plastic airline seats. "Yeah whatever." He mumbled with a sheepish grin. "You guys'll be jealous when I'm sittin' next to a supermodel."

"I doubt you'll be-" Tristan who put his hand over her mouth quickly cut off Tea.

"Let him dream." Tristan said giving Joey an eye roll.

Yami squirmed uncomfortably in the waiting room chairs. "Something wrong?" Yugi asked.

Yami looked down at him wondering if he should mention what he saw in the pamphlet. He was about to when he thought the better of it and shook his head no. "These seats are just a bit uncomfortable that's all." Yami stated standing up.

Flight 108 to Egypt is now boarding. Flight 108.

"Dat's us!" Joey said picking up his carryon bag. "Supermodel here I come." Joey cried out heading toward the gate.

Everyone else stood behind them shaking their heads. "Again, let him dream." Tristan mumbled.

*

Joey quickly plopped down in his seat across the aisle from Yami, Yugi, and Bakura. "Eh guys whadya think do the headphones make me look more mysterious and sexy?" Joey said giving a sappy pose with the headphones on.

"Joey-" Yugi started but was interrupted when a fairly large woman poked Joey in the arm.

"Excuse me I believe this is my seat." She grunted.

"That would be no ones sitting in it." Joey snapped back giving her an odd look.

"I do say young man that your mother didn't teach you any manners." She snarled.

Joey was about to say something extremely nasty to the woman but then thought of a better respond. Joey quickly hung his head and responded in a weak voice. "My mother died while delivering me." Joey began to sniffle a little bit. "My dad blames me for it everyday and beats me." Joey peeked up from the blonde bangs shrouding his face. The large woman next to him had turned ghostly pale.

"I-I-I I'm sorry I had no idea." She said looking frazzled.

From behind Tea kicked Joey seat hissing at him to stop making the poor woman feel bad. The woman dabbed her eyes with a tissue. "You know young man I had a father just like that." She yanked Joey and began to hug him close to her breasts. "Don't worry I'm here for you."

Behind him Tristan was having a fit of hysteria. "Joey sure let his mouth get him into trouble this time."

As soon as the woman released him Joey quickly scrambled up against the window. "Uh I think dat bein' alone is the best medicine for me right now an' uh I got my friends yeah they helped me through it I'm alright now."

"I was denial once too." The woman cooed. "You know what if you ever want to leave that horrible father of yours you can come and live with me."

Joey winced and took a look at the addresses she stuffed into his palm. The woman gave him a sweet smile. "You know you're what sixteen?" She said scooting into the middle seat. "We're only thirty years apart. I think we could be good for each other."

"I already have a girlfriend her name is Mai Valentine!" Joey blurted.

Tristan nearly went to tears laughing. "Really Joey? I don't think Mai's heard about this yet."

"Shuddup Shuddup!" Joey pleaded.

"Speak of the devil." Bakura said glancing wide-eyed at who was coming down the aisle.

"Crrraaaaapppppp." Joey muttered slinking back in his seat.

"How dare you!" The woman next to Joey yelled. "You open up to me and come on to me and shoot me down!"

"Oh God!" Joey muttered covering his face as Mai got closer. "Listen lady I'm not interested."

"Hey Mai." Tristan said giving Joey a mocking glance.

"Oh so this is the floozy you date?!" The woman growled beating Joey with her purse. "Am I not good enough for you?!"

"Date what?!" Mai said looking horrified. "Joey?!"

"Eh Hey Mai was up? I didn' know you were going on dis trip."

"This is better then an in-flight movie." Bakura said nudging Yugi.

Yugi couldn't help but find his friend's current predicament a bit amusing, but Yami's current distance kept drifting into his mind.

"Mai why didn't you tell us you and Joey were dating." Tea said smiling. "I think you make the cutest couple."

"You know I think when Joey blurted out your name it was just wishful thinking." Tristan laughed.

"Joseph Wheeler you better not be having little fantasies about me in your head!" Mai screamed.

Too late Joey thought.

"Well Miss. Valentine was it? You can take my seat I refuse to sit with this scumbag! And if I were you I'd teach him to be more faithful he was coming on to me." The woman got up in a huff and stormed over to the seat Mai had been assigned to.

Mai plopped down in the seat next to Joey. "Mai listen I can explain-"

"Joey I don't even want to know why you told that woman I was dating you. I just don't. Let's just try to get through this plane ride and this trip without having to talk or interact with each other okay?"

Joey swore he felt his heart break right there. Nice first move stupid. He thought to himself. I really pictured the moment I saw you again to be a bit more romantic. Joey stood up and made his way into the bathroom.

Yugi quickly stood up. "Where are you going?" Bakura asked.

"Joey's got to be crushed." Yugi explained. "I better go talk to him."

*

"Why oh why did that have to happen?" Joey said kicking the cramped bathroom door. The door swung open and Yugi nearly dodged it. "Sorry man. You gotta go?" Joey asked pointing to the toilet.

"No." Yugi said shaking his head. "You wanna talk?"

"Well," Joey said looking around. "Yeah, but not here alright I mean if people saw us come out of the bathroom together-"

"Yeah okay I understand." Yugi said pointing to two empty seats in the very back of the plane. "How about here?"

Joey slumped down. "What juss happened Yug?" Joey asked. "Did I juss lose any chance I had?"

"I don't know." Yugi said patting his friend on the back. "That was just a bad move. I'm pretty sure you'll be able to come back from behind."

"Yug' this is a girl I'm talkin' about not a duel monsters match!" Joey whimpered.

"I know Joey and I'm serious." Yugi sighed. "You're one of the most caring guys I know you only act like a goofball and if Mai can't see that then your too good for her."

"Thanks Yug' now you sound like my mother." Joey said smiling weakly.

"Sorry." Yugi laughed. "The only advice I'm going to give you is don't let her intimidate you the rest of the flight, just be yourself. In fact ignore her you know how Mai is it'll drive her crazy."

Joey laughed as he stood up. "Yeah Yug' your right. Thanks man."

"No problem Joey."

*

Meanwhile Yami figured it was best if he got some rest. Yami walked through a dark cave covered in thick mist. "Pharaoh" A voice called from the shadow. "Come Pharaoh come and play."

"Mira." Yami growled spinning around trying to pinpoint her location.

"I'm coming back you cannot stop it. I'm coming back for everything you love and cherish. I want revenge."

"Bitch!" Yami spat. "Show yourself."

A figure of a woman appeared in the mist she reached out and punched Yami in the stomach. He doubled over in pain and looked back up at her eyes full of fury. She yanked him by the neck and pulled out a dagger. "Good-bye Pharaoh." She said thrusting the icy cold dagger into Yami.

Yami woke up with a start. A cold sweat ran down his face. Yugi sat back down after his talk with Joey. "You alright?" Yugi asked.

Yami's eyes raced as he panicked could it be true, could she be freed? Yami closed his eyes and realized no matter what he couldn't tell Yugi, not yet. "I'm alright." He lied. "I'm not used to this flying thing."

Yugi nodded. Somethings wrong with him, but why won't he tell me?

Yugi Yami thought to himself. If she comes back she may hurt Yugi. Whatever it takes I cannot let her be freed. My life, his life, everyone's life depends on it.

Author Note 2: Yay for a little impending Mai x Joey! Leave a review please and I'll put the next chapter up real soon.