Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Reborn The Monster ❯ Premonitions Begin ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter Two: Premonitions Begin

The night before they were set to leave Yugi began frantically packing. "Why did you wait for the last minute?" Yami said sitting crossed legged on Yugi's bed.

"Do you think I should bring my disposable camera or my regular one?" Yugi asked avoiding the question.

Yami shrugged. "I really couldn't tell you," He muttered. "I don't even know the difference."

Yugi shrugged his shoulders and stuffed both into the side compartment of his suitcase. Then as if on second thought he pulled the disposable one out a flung it into his carryon bag. "You're going to take pictures on the plane."

Yugi smiled and then yawned. Yami turned his head over to the digital clock on Yugi's nightstand. The red numbers blared 2:09 a.m. "Don't you think you need some sleep?" He asked watching Yugi rustle through the closet.

Yugi poked his head out. "I haven't finished packing yet." He protested.

"How much more do you need little one?" He said standing up to look over Yugi's shoulder. Yugi slumped back and went into (an oh so adorable) thinking position.

"Well I need some socks, a couple more shirts, and some things to use on the plane."

Yami looked over at the clock again. "And what time are we picking Joey up to go to the airport?"

"Five." Yugi chirped stuffing a shirt into his suitcase.

Yami sighed and gave up there was no way he was going to be able to convince Yugi to get some sleep. He reached for the pamphlet on the dresser. 'Might as well do some light reading.' "What's this?" He asked opening the pamphlet.

"Oh, that's just information about what were doing when we get there and some ideas of things we can do in our free time." Yami raised an eyebrow as Yugi disappeared back in the closet. Pyramid Tours, Amusement Parks, Nile River Rides Yami passed through the pages looking confused. 'Pyramid Tours?' He snarled. 'What the hell do they think they're doing opening the tombs of kings to the public. Just what he would have wanted his remains to be preserved in a glass case for people to gawk at and take pictures' "Who is James P. Finglemyer?" Yami asked stopping on the last page.

Yugi's voice sounds drowsy. "He's the guy who set this up for the students. He's really famous for the work he's done on ancient artifacts or something like that."

Yami looked at the picture of a small round man. The guy had very little hair on the top of his head and his bottle cap glasses where crocked on his pudgy face. Helping the past come alive was written under his picture.

Yami began to close the pamphlet but by a bizarre twist of fate something caught his eye. 'Finglemyer's Recent Discoveries' There where three pictures lined neatly up under the bold heading each with a small caption. There was a ring, a chalice, and was looked like a misshapen rock. Yami's eyes darted as he scanned the caption. Mr. Finglemyer discovered this buried deep beneath the Nile River. He believes that it is some piece of an ancient relic. Yami's stomach lurched as he shut the pamphlet and stuffed it into Yugi's carryon.

Yami raised his head and peeked into the closet. He hadn't heard any noise from Yugi in the last couple of minutes. 'Just as I thought' Yami thought with a slight smile. Yugi was curled up on the ground sleeping with CD's spread on the ground next to him. Yami gently lifted the small boy onto the bed and tucked him in. 'Three o' clock.' Yami thought to himself. "I suppose I should wake him at four." He stated aloud. He took a deep breath and began gathering up Yugi's CD's and putting them into the travel case. His eyes kept turning back to the neatly folded pamphlet poking ominously out of Yugi's carryon.

Yami's hands shook as he dared to open it again. "It can't be." He muttered. "I thought I-I didn't think that anyone would ever find them." Yami slowly calmed himself down. 'Just because some stupid scientist found these things doesn't mean he has any intention of using it. Besides he only has one out of three.' Yami folded the pamphlet back up and sighed. "I'm probably getting worked up over nothing huh?" He said picking up a stuffed cow Yugi had gotten for his eighth birthday. Yami stared at the pig for a while as if it was answering him. "You're probably right," He said setting the pig under Yugi's arm. "There's nothing to worry about. Only one out of the three has been found, they don't know that there are other pieces." Yami yawned and picked up one of the pillows and rested his head on it. "It's taken them this long to find one….and…..they….never…find….the others." Yami said drifting off to sleep.

*

Yami Bakura caressed the pamphlet with glee. "One!" He cackled. "And it's in the best condition I could have asked for." He paced the floor glaring at his sleeping host. "It's only a matter of getting the other two with out that pharaoh noticing me. This kid's stupid friends will surely notice he's missing so I can't just use his body…ARGH but I can't just walk around myself either." The moonlight flickered in the devious Yami's eyes as the idea came to him. "I hope you weren't planning on sleep my pawn." He sneered at Bakura. "For we will have some busy nights."

*

It was four in the morning and Joey had just rolled out of bed. "Man, Yugi's gonna be here in an hour and I haven't even packed." Rubbing the sleep out of his eyes Joey yawned and flung open his closet. "Lesee I'm probably gonna need…" Joey rummaged through pile of clothes on the floor of his closet. "Pizza?" Joey questioned looking at the stale piece that he had pulled from the bottom. "Too bad." He mumbled. "I coulda ate dat."

Joey realized that searching for things in particular wasn't going to work. He quickly pulled his suitcase down from his closet shelf and shoveled the pile into the suitcase. "Hehe packin's easy." He said kicking the bag to the door. "Now to get me some breakfast."

Joey's mouth was dribbling cereal when Yugi knocked on the door. "Who's dere?" He asked wiping his mouth and opening the front door. "Oh hey Yug'"

"Joey are you ready to go we have a flight to catch." Yugi reminded him.

"Yeah my stuff's by the door." Joey said throwing the empty bowl in the sink. "Oh hold on I left my stuff to bring on da plane upstairs." Yugi nodded and brought the suitcase out to the car.

"Is he not ready yet?" Yugi's Grandfather asked.

"He left something upstairs." Yugi said heading back. "We'll be right over." Yugi leaned in the doorframe.

"Heads up!" Joey yelled. Yugi ducked narrowly avoiding being hit by Joey's carryon.

"Joey!" Yugi said from his crouched position.

"Oh sorry bout dat Yug' I din' know you'd be stanidn' dere."

Yugi stood up and dusted himself off. "Well come on we're going to be late."

"Eh' Gramps mind if I drive." Joey said leaning forward from the backseat.

"Joseph how many times did you fail your driving test?"

"Ah four." Joey said. "Why?"

"Maybe some other time. We're in a hurry." Joey slinked back in his chair.

'Yeah I know what dat means.' He thought to himself. 'Dere ain't no way in hell you're driving my car.'

*

Bakura sank in his seat on the city bus. His thoughts couldn't help but to wander back to what his Yami and why he wanted to go so badly. 'He's up to no good, and as always I'm powerless to stop him.' Bakura closed his eyes tightly reminding himself that he promised himself if things got out of hand he would get help at any cost.

//…//

Bakura snapped back to reality with the interruption of his Yami. /Yes?/

//What are you thinking about?// The malevolent voice sneered.

/Nothing./ Bakura gulped. Could he know that he planned to get help when things went crazy?

//You better hope it was nothing./

/I'm quite sure./ Bakura whined back. The only thing Bakura wasn't quite sure. He still didn't know what do to about his situation.

*

The airport reeked of cabbage and dirty gym socks. Yugi crinkled up his nose as he wave good-bye to his grandfather. "Eh It smell familiar in here." Joey said sniffing the air around him.

"It probably smells like your room Joey." Tristan said punching his friend in the arm.

"Eh wiseass watch it." Joey shot back.

"Hello guys." Bakura said trying to be cheerful.

"Hi Bakura." Yugi said. Yami smiled and nodded at the white haired young boy.

"Eh, Tea's not here yet. Less get outta here before she shows up." Joey chuckled picking up his bags.

"You'd better take that back." Joey cringed as he turned around and came face to face with Tea.

"I knew you were behind me. I was just kiddin' you know." Joey said.

"Well come on," Tristan said checking the tickets. "Our plane leaves in an hour so we might as well wait in the waiting section."

Yami felt a silent chill run down his spine as he sat down on the hard plastic waiting room chair. He closed his eyes hoping that it wasn't a sign of things to come.

Author Note: Hope your enjoying this so far. Anyway next chapter we'll be flying and arriving so look out for that. Hopefully with in the next two days!