Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Reborn The Monster ❯ When The World Begins to Fall Apart I'll Be Here to Catch You ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Author Note: Thanks for the reviews! I really appreciate them. Anyway hope I didn't leave you hanging to long. I took me awhile to get a good layout for this story. I hope you like it.

Chapter Five: And When The World Comes Crashing Down I'll Be Here To Catch You

"Bakura!" Yugi quickly knelt down beside his friend. Yami clinched his fists and growled. Yami Bakura must be long gone by now. He knelt down next to Yugi. "Is he alright?" Yugi asked Yami chocking back tears.

"He'll be fine." Yami said assessing Bakura's bruises and cuts. "Just some minor injuries nothing major." Yami slowly picked Bakura up. "We'll take him back to the hotel room. Maybe he knows where his Yami is heading maybe that's why he ended up in this condition."

Yugi slowly nodded. /Yami?/ He asked making a mental connection with his friend. /Do you know why Bakura's Yami stole whatever that was?/

//I have an idea. It's not one I want to be so, but it's the only possible idea//

/What is it?/ Yugi looked over at Yami with a pleading glance when Yami didn't answer. /Yami!/ Yugi cried out getting more frustrated. /I think I have a right to know what's going on./

"You're right." Yami replied out loud in a sad tone which caused everyone to send a startled look in his direction. "You do deserve to know."

*

"Seto!" Mokuba whined trying to drag his brother away from the Duel Monster card vendors on the small market streets. "You promised that this whole week you wouldn't even mention dueling or your latest project. You promised Seto!"

"Mmm." Seto nodded. "I promised I wouldn't mention it. Looking at cards doesn't count."

"Yes it does!" Mokuba said looking distressed. "You promised this whole would be just you and me. Seto! Seto are you listening to me?"

Seto picked up a card and looked at it. "How much?" He asked the vendor.

"Seto!" Mokuba said looking upset.

"I'm kidding." Seto chuckled. "Now come on what is it you want?"

Mokuba was no longer paying attention he was staring off at a white haired boy threatening a vendor. "Isn't that Bakura?"

Seto looked up. "If you know what's good for you mortal you'll hand over that relic now or suffer the consequences!"

"Something tells me that isn't Bakura." Seto said his face hardening.

Mokuba shook his head in agreement. "But who-"

"I warned you! You ignorant fool!" Yami Bakura snarled. "Now Man Eater Bug attack this disgusting mortal."

"What the-?" Seto shield his eyes from the bright light unable to see or hear anything but the vendor's screams and Yami Bakura's laughter.

"I warned you." Yami Bakura said as the light faded and Man Eater Bug finished off the vendor. Yami Bakura wrapped his fingers around the relic and sauntered off. "Mortals these days…think they know everything."

Seto and Mokuba looked speechless. "Did he just-?"

"Make a card come to l-life?" Mokuba shuttered finishing his brother's sentence.

"I don't know what's going on here Mokuba but I have a bad feeling about all this." Seto growled.

*

"Hey Bakura how ya feelin'?" Yugi asked as Bakura slowly began to stir.

Bakura gratefully took the glass of water Joey handed him. "I'm alright." He said placing the glass down. "I-I'm sorry." He said down casting his eyes.

"Why?" Yugi asked stealing a glance towards Yami.

"I really tried to stop him." Bakura said directing his comment toward Yami.

"Bakura." Yami said gently. "Do you know why you were stopping your Yami?"

"I-" Bakura cut himself off thinking for a moment. "I don't know really. I just could tell whatever he was up to wasn't good. I-I just don't know."

Yami nodded. "It's alright. He will be stopped."

"What is he doing?" Bakura asked meekly.

"What?" Yami said looking over at the battered youth.

"What is he going to do?" Bakura repeated.

Yami looked down at the floor and sighed. "I believe he is trying to restore Mira." Yami stated.

"What's a Mira?" Tristan asked.

"Not what, Tristan, who." Yami replied. "Mira was a dark and powerful sorceress in my time. The sad thing though was she wasn't always bad."

"What happened?" Tea asked clutching a pillow.

Yami shook his head. "She was an entertainer in my court. Though after about a year when new auditions started up she felt threatened. She was a jealous and selfish girl. She quickly turned to darker magic and used it on the other people. She killed some of them and what's worse she destroyed some of their souls."

Yugi gulped and scooted closer to Yami for comfort. Yami gave a small smile to Yugi and continued his story. "I couldn't just let her get away with that. I banished her from the kingdom at the time. I was still fairly young and hadn't yet begun using harsher punishments on those sorts of people. Years passed and I figured I had been rid of her, but all the while she had been getting stronger in her magic. She raised an army and attacked. She killed many innocents to get to my palace. Fortunately she was defeated right outside my palace gates, but that still wouldn't bring back those innocents. I took away her soul, but for some unexplainable reason I didn't send it to the shadow realm. I locked it inside a tomb and sealed it with a key. The key was broken into three parts representing 'mind' 'body' and 'soul'. Once the three keys are put together and the tomb is open….Mira will be free again."

"Is that what my Yami is trying to do?" Bakura said shakily.

"I think so." Yami said in response. "I can't let that happen."

"We can't let it happen." Yugi said standing up.

"Yugi?" Yami said looking at Yugi confused.

"I'm not going to let you do it alone." Yugi said confidently.

Yami couldn't help but smile at the young boy standing next to him. "Thank you." He said softly.

"We'll all help." Joey spoke up. The others around him nodded confidently.

"Are you sure your up to Bakura?" Yugi asked.

"Yes, I'm sure. Besides he's my Yami I feel some what responsible." Bakura said quietly.

Yami shook his head. "It's not your fault."

Bakura shook his head. "I just can't help feeling that it is."

"Well we don't have time to worry about dat now!" Joey said standing by the door. "We have a psycho to stop don' we?"

"Joey's right." Yami said. "Let's go."

*

Yami Bakura snickered as he tapped his pocket. Three shapes bulged out. "The time is now." He grinned to himself. "And soon that puzzle shall be mine." Yami Bakura stopped and kicked up some sand with the top of his foot. He smirked as a solid layer of rock began to appear. He slowly knelt down and began to brush away the sand with his hand revealing three small holes, just about the same size as the three key pieces he had found. Without a word he began to insert each piece in its place. As he finished a dark green smoke began to arise from the ground.

*

"Yami!" Yugi said skidding to a stop a few feet behind Yami. Yugi pointed a small-terrified finger at the green smoke rising in the air. "What's going on?"

Yami glared up at where Yugi was pointing. "We're too late." Yami said punching his fist into his hand. He growled and then waved the others on. "Come on we have to get over there quick."

Moments later they all arrived in front of Yami Bakura, but he wasn't alone. "I knew you'd be coming." The woman beside Yami Bakura spoke.

"Mira." Yami growled.

"Awww," Mira pouted. "I get the feeling you don't like me very much. Well know this pharaoh you may have succeeded in locking me away but that only made me stronger. Watch and learn!" Mira flung her hands out and emitted a black energy that wrapped itself around Yami. Yami looked like he was in a state of panic unsure of what this mad woman was up to. Mira's eyes meet Yami and she smirked lifting her hand in the air. Suddenly the black energy began to squeeze tightly around Yami. "Bastard!" Mira screamed. "All I ever wanted was to please you! Then you go and put me out! You obviously didn't know who you were messing with."

Yami quickly found it hard to breath. Mira laughed. "Let him go!" Yugi screamed tears flowing down his face. Mira turned to him and blinked in confusion. "Let him go!"

"Amusing." Mira purred realizing a now unconscious Yami from her grip. Yugi quickly knelt down and lifted him up.

"Yami?" Yugi cried. "Yami are you okay?"

"Thank you." Yami said slowly standing up.

Mira stood there soaking it all in. "Whose the kid?" Mira asked Yami Bakura.

"He protects the young one…his name is Yugi." Yami Bakura said staring at Bakura.

"Yugi is it?" Mira said walking towards the boy. "I see you and the pharaoh are rather close."

Yugi whimpered as she closed in on them. "Awww why are you afraid now? You obviously didn't mind screaming at me earlier."

"Leave him out of this." Yami coughed.

"And spoil all my fun?" Mira hissed. "Never." She raised her hand up slowly. Yugi flinched waiting to be hit by some attack, but nothing happened.

"What da heck?" Joey said disbelieving what he was seeing.

Yugi cracked an eye open. "My cards." He gasped watching his deck floating in midair. Mira reached out and took them in her hand. Slowly flipping through them.

"Nice deck you've assembled here." She said. "The Dark Magician." She gasped and then began to laugh. "Could I really be this lucky?"

Yami stood there unsure of what Mira's next move was to be. Though still feeling a bit weak he pulled himself in front of Yugi guarding the young boy.

Mira placed her finger on the Dark Magician card. "Hmmm you guard your cards well." She said not bothering looking up at Yugi. Yami squeezed Yugi's shoulder in anticipation. She looked up and smirked at Yami. "No matter though." She placed two fingers on the card and engulfed it in a black energy. At her feet a staff began to fade in and out her eye's narrowed as she concentrated harder. Finally the staff fully materialized in front of her. Yugi recognized it immediately. It was the Dark Magician's staff. "You can have this back." She said throwing the card at Yugi and Yami's feet. "I don't need it."

Yugi bent down and picked the card up. He shivered. The card felt colder now. He looked down and gasped. In the picture the Dark Magician's staff was no longer there. Mira had it and she was twirling it happily in her hands. "Now pharaoh this is where it all ends." She laughed rising in the air pointing her staff at Yami…or was she?

Yami braced himself as he heard the attack leave the staff. A light engulfed the area but he didn't feel a thing. A painful scream rang in his ears. Am I screaming? He thought. The light faded and Yami opened an eye he was still standing. He smirked up at Mira wanting to see the shocked look on her face when she found out she missed. He looked up, but Mira wasn't shocked she seemed happy. Then he noticed it…the staff hadn't been pointing at him. It was pointed at Yugi.

Author Note: Okay Okay another cliffhanger I know!! Hehe I just couldn't bear to give you more. You do want more don't you? Well leave a review!!!