Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Reborn The Monster ❯ Brave Little Soul ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Author Note: This is just a bit messed up, format wise, because my stupid computer is having problems and oh well...hopefully I'll get it fixed.

Chapter Six: Brave Little Soul

Yugi could feel the pain surging through his body as he screamed in protest. His violet eyes glistened in despair as he dropped to the ground. His friend's called his name as he struggled to maintain consciousness. The last thing he saw was Yami before finally slipping away.

"Oh man Yug'" Joey said leaning over Yami.

"He's still breathing." Bakura said almost in tears. Oh this is all my fault he thought has he watched Yugi take in a few labored breaths.

Yami glared at Mira who was now making a haughty stride towards them. Despite the arid climate her presence sent chills down Tristan's spine. "Direct hit." She sneered. "Cocky bastard. Thought I missed huh?" She laughed.

Yami snarled pulling Yugi closer to him. "I won't let you hurt him."

"Bit late." Mira snickered. "Thanks for the tip." She called over to Yami Bakura. "Hurting the little one does him harder."

Bakura flinched as he saw the mixed look of pain and anger in Yami's face. Frustration and hurt over took Bakura and in a sporadic moment he screamed. "Bastard!" Bakura quickly gasped covering his mouth. Even his friend's stared at him wide eyed.

His eye burning with a fiery anger Yami Bakura's fist slammed into Bakura's cheek.

Bakura stumbled backward into Tristan who steadied him. "Next time keep your mouth shut!" Yami Bakura snapped.

Bakura allowed a few silver tear drops to roll down his bruising cheek. "Why did you do that? Tristan asked softly.

Bakura painfully sunk to his knees. "You just don't understand!" he whimpered. "I see my face when I look at him! I see me! Like I'm doing all this horrible stuff." He began to sob softly. "It hurts." Bakura said quietly.

Tea gave a weak smile hoping to comfort Bakura. "Don't worry." She whispered. "Yami can stop her."

*

Seto and Mokuba had seen the green smoke earlier, but weren't sure what to make of it. "Seto?" Mokuba said trotting along side his older brother. "Do you think that green smoke had something to do with that guy in the market place?"

Seto stopped for a moment and looked at his brother. "Maybe, but I don't think we should get involved."

"I just feel," Mokuba said staring off. "That I don't know. Oh Seto we have to go see what happened."

"I'm sure it was nothing." Seto noiced this did little to convince Mokuba. "Look if it makes you feel better we can rent a jeep and check it, but it would just waste-."

"Get a jeep." Mokuba said flatly.

"Ok." Seto said patting his brother's head.

*

"Pharaoh do you remember the terms of my punishment?" Mira asked eyeing the battered and unconscious Yugi.

Yami narrowed his eyes and growled. "Why does it matter?" He snarled. "I don't intend for you to be here much longer."

"Exactally!" Mira said with a snap of her fingers. "You could perform the spell and send me back, but if I sacrifice one of pure heart I may switch places with him. Having his mind, body, and soul locked away and I'll be at full power."

"She wants Yugi!" Joey gasped.

"Smart boy." Mira purred. "The young one is the one I plan to use and when I reach my full power, pharaoh, it's all over for you!"

Yami clutched Yugi tighter. "You're not getting anywhere near him! You won't have a chance!" Yami put his hand out to perform the Mind Crush.

"Don't think so!" Mira laughed thrusting out both her hands emitting a blast of her own. Before Yami even had a chance to defend himself he was hit full force by Mira's attack. Yami screamed it was like thousands of needles jabbing into his body. He began gasping for breath as the pain writhed through him. He collapsed depleted of all strength agony shaking his body as he struggled to breathe. Mira smirked, closing in like a vulture, she kicked Yami hard in his side as she picked Yugi up. "Some much for protecting him." She spat.

Tears rolled down Yami's cheeks damping the dry sand. Tears not from the pain lingering in his body but for his failure to save Yugi. "Yugi-I-I-am sorry." He said through his tears.

Mira laughed as she lifted herself and Yami Bakura into the air. Joey, Bakura, Tristan, and Tea could only watch helplessly as she flew off with Yugi.

Joey and Bakura slowly approached the fallen Yami. "Hey man s'okay we'll stop her." Joey said.

"We'll get you back to the hotel to rest up. You need your strength back." Bakura said giving Joey a pained look.

Yami looked at them weakly eyes clouded with tears. "Thank you." He said softly.

"Can you stand?" Joey asked.

Yami stood up shakily but quickly began to collapse again. Bakura managed to catch him. "Easy." Bakura said placing Yami's arm over his should, Joey did the same.

"S'lright we gotcha." Joey said as he and Bakura helped Yami along.

"I let her get away." Yami said weakly.

"Save your strength." Joey said placing a hand behind Yami to comfort him.

Tea and Tristan smiled weakly as Joey and Bakura slowly lead the way with Yami supporting himself on their shoulders.

*

A small dark underground tomb with winding passages, in a main hall a small boy is curdled up in a corner of a cell.

YUGI!

Yami snapped awake looking around he realized he was in the hotel laying on the bed. A low murmur of voices filled the room.

"And that's what happened." Tristan said lowly.

"Thanks again for the ride back Kaiba." Tea said.

"Yeah we were really worried when Yami passed out. We weren't sure if we'd make it." Joey added.

Yami slowly sat up with a groan from the pain still throbbing in his head. "Hey man you alright?" Joey asked looking over at Yami. "Here drink." He said handing Yami a cup of water.

Yami gratefully took the drink. "I know where she took Yugi."

"Really?!" Joey's eyes lit up. "How?"

"I just felt it." Yami explained. "Like Yugi was calling out to me.

"Right." Joey said narrowing his eyes. "Are you feeling up to go after dat bitch?"

"How do we know she hasn't already sacrificed Yugi's soul?" Tea asked.

"She couldn't have." Yami stated. "The ritual she wants to perform has to be done at midnight."

"So we have till midnight?" Seto spoke up.

Yami blinked. "Are you sure you want to involve yourself and Mokuba?"

"You and Yugi have saved us before and now we want to return the favor." Seto responded.

"So where is she Yami?" Joey asked.

"In an underground tomb. The one she used to use to practice her magic." Yami answered.

"Then let's go!" Tristan called out.

I'm going to make a difference this time Bakura thought as they left.

*

Yugi rolled over in his confined space and gazed up at the dark gloomy ceiling. Where are you Yami? He thought running his fingers along the Millennium Puzzle. "What the hell do you mean I can have the puzzle yet!?" Came a deafening screech from the other room. Yugi quickly recoiled balling up in the corner.

"I told you already!" A female voice spat. "You can take that damn puzzle until I perform the soul ritual!"

"Stupid bitch." Yami Bakura said entering the room where Yugi was now pretending to still be out cold. "You know that damn pharaoh is going to come for him."

"So what if he does?" Mira crooned. "There is no way he is going to stop me in time. First he doesn't know the damn ritual to lock me back up the almighty pharaoh had some stupid palace sorceress do it last time."

"Pathetic." Yami Bakura sneered losing some of his patience with Mira.

"Don't even." She snarled. "Even if he wanted to perform the spell he doesn't have the book does he?" Her eyes flashed at Yami Bakura. "You did take care of that book after I was locked away."

Yami Bakura looked pale. "What do you mean take care of?"

"Did you burn the blasted thing you bastard?!" She screamed looking a bit annoyed.

"No." Yami Bakura said flatly. "It's in this tomb."

"You INCOMPTENT FOOL!" She screamed. "He'll find it I just know it! How do you propose we stop him if he gets to that book!?"

"Well you domineering bitch that's your problem isn't it?! All I give a damn about it that puzzle! I'm still stuck with my god damn fate." He said tugging at the Millennium Ring. "Do you have any idea what it's like to be stuck with some bratty kid?"

"Shut your mouth!" She snapped looking deep in thought. "I have a plan to stop the pharaoh and the others." She sneered.

"Really?" Yami Bakura mocked.

Mira just smirked. "How do you feel about catching up with some of our old followers?"

Yami Bakura's eyes lit up. "I think I know what you mean."

*

/ ….Ya…mi? / A faint voice whispered in Yami's mind.

// Yugi! // He quickly responded. // Yugi are you all right? Please hang on we're on our way. //

/..Yami….be…be careful…she's talking about….her…her followers / Yami cringed he could hear Yugi fading in and out he knew he wouldn't be able to keep this conversation going much longer.

// Yugi you just hold on I'm not going to let her take you. //

/…Please be careful…/

// I will // Yami promised.

/ Yami? / Yugi said as he faded out for the last time. / The book's in the tomb /

"Yugi." Yami whispered aloud.

"What?" Joey asked.

"Yugi I heard him he was speaking to me."

Seto raised an eyebrow looking skeptical but didn't say anything when Tristan shook his head in assurance that Yami hadn't gone insane.

"Well what did he say?" Mokuba asked looking curious.

"He said Mira said something about her followers but I have no idea what that means, but then, right before we lost connection, he told me the book is in the tomb."

"Are you sure Yug' hasn't lost it?" Joey asked.

"No I understand what he's trying to say." Yami quipped. "The book with the spell to seal her up. It's in the tomb that he's in."

"Well then I guess we should split up when we get there." Seto spoke up.

"Why?" Tea asked looking fearful.

"If all of us went for the book we'd be stopped, but if half of us went to find Yugi and the other half the book she wouldn't be able to stop us both." Seto shrugged.

"Good idea." Yami said squatting in the sand drawing out a picture. "See here," He said pointing to what he drew "When you enter there is a path going straight. That's where Yugi will be it's the main corridor. Then there's one going left and one going right. I don't know which one the book will be down. So Bakura and Joey you go right and Tristan and Tea you go left."

"What about us?" Mokuba said looking up at Seto.

Yami's eyes narrowed. "You'll come with me."

AN2: Well that's it for Chapter Six! Please leave me a review and I'll hurray with the next chappie!