Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Retribution ❯ One-Shot

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Part:  1/1
Spoilers: Duelist Kingdom
Warnings: Shonen-ai, male/male pairing
Pairings:  Yami no Yugi x Yugi Mutou
A/N:  "text" = speech, 'text' = thought, /text/ = hikari to yami mindlink, (/text/) = yami to hikari mindlink

O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O

I scared him.

I lost control.  Was willing to kill to win.

It nearly cost me my hikari.

He was so afraid of me.  Not that I could blame him.  I betrayed his trust and earned his fear.  But amazingly, not his hate.

Somehow, my savior, my light, my world . . . he forgave me.  And together we triumphed.

I don't deserve him.

x-x-x-x-x

He's brooding again.

He's been doing that a lot lately.

To be fair, so have I.  I mean, we'd never really talked before.  We were barely aware we were two separate people before Pegasus took Jichan(1).  Then that whole duel with Kaiba-kun forced us into contact . . . .

And that's where the problem is.  He still feels guilty about what happened.

But I forgave him.  I trust him.

x-x-x-x-x

The soft creak of a heavy iron door alerted Yami no Yugi to his hikari's presence just seconds before his gentle voice called out.  "Mou hitori no boku, daijoubu ka? (2)"

Turning to face his light, Yami no Yugi smiled at the smaller teen.   "Aa, aibou.(3)"

Yugi sighed mentally, not fooled in the least.  He knew his other was going to be difficult. Moving as close as possible, the small teen wrapped his arms around his yami.  Resting his chin on the other's chest, he looked deep into his darkness' eyes and unleashed one of his best weapons, "puppy eyes".

"I wish you'd forgive yourself."

Scarlet eyes widened fractionally at the hikari's perceptiveness, he thought he'd hidden it better than that.

Pleased his darkness wasn't trying to deny it, Yugi plowed on, "You wouldn't do it again, would you?"

Yami no Yugi looked appalled, "Never!"

"Then Stop.  Feeling.  Guilty."  The small teen ordered, lightly poking his yami's nose with each word.  Unused to and confused by such contact, Yami no Yugi's nose scrunched up during Yugi's poking and his eyes nearly crossed trying to focus on Yugi's small finger.  It was too much for the tiny light to stand.  Still holding onto the spirit, Yugi broke into a fit of laughter.  His yami looked completely adorable!  On impulse, the small teen stood on his tiptoes and kissed the spirit on the nose.  It wasn't until he'd pulled away that he'd realized what he'd done and in a fit of shyness, buried his face into his yami's chest, praying he hadn't upset his darker half.

Blinking in shock, Yami no Yugi was brought back by the trembling figure in his arms.  When had he wrapped them around his light?  Pushing that aside as unimportant, the yami moved one of his hands to tilt Yugi's face back up to face him.   Amethyst eyes stared trustingly back up at him.  Despite his fear of rejection, Yugi was leaving himself completely vulnerable to his darkness.  It left the spirit awestruck and infinitely grateful.  Maybe he couldn't forgive himself for his own sake, but for Yugi . . . he could do anything.

Still holding his hikari's gaze, Yami no Yugi bent down until their lips were nearly touching.  "Yugi.  Hikari.  Arigato, for believing in me," he breathed, closing the distance between them in a proper kiss.



12/26/06

O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O

1 - Grandpa (informal)

2 - Other me, are you all right?

3 - partner

O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O

Disclaimer:  Here we go.   Yu-Gi-Oh and all it's characters are the property of Kazuki Takahashi, Shueisha, Konami, Toei, and unfortunately, 4 Kids Entertainment.  I'm not making any money off of this, I'm just having fun.  Suing me would be largely pointless as I am just a poor college student that works for the school system.