Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Return of a Master ❯ Unexpected Rescue ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

~I'm sorry I didn't update this story earlier…I completely forgot about it. This story is completely finished, so I'll put the rest up now. Enjoy!~

Part Two

"Aww, man...what do you guys want now?" Tristan moans as the Hunters surround them. "Yugi just got done clobberin' this guy!" He motions toward Arkana, who is still unconscious on his shoulder.

"Actually, that's the main reason we came!" The lead Rare Hunter smirks. "Although our master would have liked to punish this fool by sending him to the Shadow Realm, since he is still alive, he can still be of use. Grab him!"

Three of the Hunters move closer to make sure no one escapes while the largest easily snatches Arkana from his perch. "Hey!" Tristan shouts. "You won't get away with this!" He struggles, trying to pull him back. "I'm not going to let you guys take him back to that rat hole you crawled out of!"

"Nice try, squirt, but there's nothing you can do about it!" the leader cries, laughing cruelly. "And now...to the other order of business." He snaps his fingers, and another of the Hunters yanks the old man out of the group, producing a knife and holding it to his throat. "Yugi--hand over your Puzzle if you value this old man's life!"

"Grandpa! Noooo!!!" Yugi screamed.

Uh-oh, I think. I can't let this happen to the boy...but I also can't blow my cover. As I watch, the evil Hunters close in on him. No! I have no choice...I have to save him!

I take a step forward, but just then, I notice that Bakura's chest is glowing. The Millennium Ring! He must have decided to reveal himself too...though I'm sure his concerns are not for the boy or his grandfather.

Bakura takes a step forward, and is just about to speak, when suddenly, a shout comes from the other side of the street.

"Let the old man go!" The Rare Hunters snap their heads around to face this new threat. A man in thick brown robes, with his face hidden, is pointing a curved golden object at them. "If you will not leave now, you had better prepare to face the power of my Millennium Bow!"

It's Nebamun! I realize. What excellent timing! But I hope he knows what he's doing...if they challenge him, he'll have no defense!

The Rare Hunters hesitate. He holds the Bow out farther, and its center begins to glow. Shocked, they step back, releasing Yugi's grandpa.

"This isn't over, cursed meddler!" they threaten as they back off into the shadows, taking Arkana with them. "Our master does not take kindly to interference. We will be back...and then your Bow will be ours as well!"

"I'll take my chances," Nebamun replies calmly, with no audible trace of that lovely tenor voice I had taught him to hide. Hanging the Bow from his neck, he hurries toward the stricken hostages.

Be careful, friend, I think. They must not find out who you really are!