Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Return of a Master ❯ Millennium Duel, part 3 ( Chapter 10 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Part Ten

"PEGASUS?!!?"

He smiles at the outburst. "Indeed, it is I, Maximillion Pegasus."

Despite his short, black hair and eye patch, the crowd could tell it was really him. Not only was his voice a perfect match, but the way he stood there, arrogant as ever, was a dead giveaway. I shake my head, grinning. It's about time...

Yugi breaks the stunned silence. "What are you doing here?"

"I think we'd all like to know that," Kaiba adds, not looking at Yugi.

Pegasus just grins. "Well, I could tell you, but I daresay Bakura would get a trifle angry with me if I did that. It's a rather long story..."

"I don't care how long it is! You're breaking my tournament rules and I demand an explanation!!!" Kaiba roars.

Chuckling, Pegasus glances over at Bakura, as if asking for his permission. Although the youth seems agitated, he stays silent, and gives a curt nod.

"Very well," Pegasus replies, a smirk on his face. He turns back to Kaiba, not bothering to hold back his laughter at Kaiba's obvious irritation.

He begins his story with a quick summary of the events of Duelist Kingdom, then moves on to the shadow game with Bakura. As he reaches the part where he loses the game, he brings his hand up absently, touching the eye patch. Anyone could see how badly he missed the Eye.

"Okay, so you lost your precious golden eye," Kaiba sneers. "And let me guess-now you're here to get it back, so you can torture all of us again. I don't think so."

"No, no, you've got it all wrong," Pegasus protests. "I don't plan to do anything like what I did at Duelist Kingdom this time. I only want my Eye. I promise, after this duel is over, I will go back to my castle and leave all of you alone."

Kaiba, along with the entire crowd, looks rather skeptical. Then he smiles and says, "You still haven't given me a good reason not to disqualify you right now."

"Well, he is using a light deck now...and decks tend to reflect their owners' personalities..." Yugi mutters uncertainly.

Kaiba pays no attention, and strides forward, his intent obvious. But he only takes a few steps when, without warning, Bakura appears in front of him. "Don't take another step," he snarls.

Startled, Kaiba freezes for a moment. "What do you think you're-"

"This battle will continue," Bakura hisses. "I suggest you obey me...or must I resort to more extreme measures?"

"Like what?!?" Kaiba sneers right back at him.

"Hmm...perhaps Tristan could fill you in on my powers...?"

Kaiba looks back at Tristan questioningly. "What is he talking about?"

"Oh...well, back at Duelist Kingdom...he, uh..." Tristan stumbles over his words, and his eyes briefly settle on Mokuba again. He quickly clamps his mouth shut, and a worried look crosses his face.

"Just spit it out already!" Kaiba says. "I'm aggravated enough as it is!"

But Bakura answers him instead. "Heh heh...apparently the experience still has him tongue-tied! For your information, I sent several mortal fools to the Shadow Realm when they disobeyed me. Would you like to join them?" He steps forward, and his Ring begins to glow threateningly. "If you're afraid, maybe I should send your brother there with you, to keep you company." His eyes narrow dangerously, and he steps closer. "Well? What will it be?"

"Uh...." Kaiba, alarmed, stares at Bakura for a moment; but he stays where he is.

Bakura smiles disdainfully. "A wise idea. Now, Pegasus, shall we continue?"

Pegasus pauses briefly to compose himself, and then lifts his head smugly. "Of course! The show must go on!"

With that, the two return to their original positions, and the duel continues.

"It's my move," Pegasus calls out, drawing a card. As he looks down at it, a triumphant smile breaks out on his face. "Excellent! It looks like you won't be attacking me directly, after all!" He places a card on his disc, and as a brilliant light washes over the field, he cries, "The time has come for my wizard's revenge! I will now sacrifice the souls of my Hoshimagen and my Shining Abyss in order to call upon the spirit from heaven, the Soul of Purity and Light!"

Two ghostly images, recognizable as Hoshimagen and Shining Abyss, materialize from the patch of light in the middle of the field. Then the light increases, and reforms into the transparent image of an angelic spirit.

"Whoa...he sacrificed their souls?" Joey gasps.

"I've heard of this card! It's one of the new elemental ghosts! They're really powerful, and can only be summoned by sacrificing the souls of defeated monsters!" Yugi exclaims.

"That's right," Pegasus smirks. "And when used in the right way, she can be unstoppable! And here's your first taste of her power!" He takes another card from his hand, sliding it into the disc slot. "I play the magic card, Luminous Spark! It not only illuminates your aggravating door, thus destroying it, but it also raises the attack power of all LIGHT monsters on the field by 500 points!"

Bakura grimaces, preparing for the heavenly being's attack.

Seeing this, Pegasus begins to gloat. "And that's not all! When my angel attacks a DARK-type monster, she gains 300 more attack points!" Smiling broadly, he points at Bakura and cries, "Attack now! Dazzling Sunshine!" The angelic lady lifts her arms, and the sun's rays increase a hundredfold. Zomybra holds up his arms to fend off the attack, but the light hits him directly, shattering him instantly.

As his life points drop to 2600, Bakura groans. "This duel still isn't over! I will win!" He draws a card. "Hmm...I will place a monster face-down, to defend my life points. Go ahead and attack!" he says confidently.

"Nice try, but I'm not going to fall for such a lame bluff," Pegasus retorts. "Attack, my angel! Destroy his last defense!" The Soul raises her arms again, and sends a beam of light directly at the face-down card. But when a grotesque tomato-like monster roars in pain, he cries, "No! Not the Mystic Tomato!"

"I told you not to attack," Bakura taunts. "Now I will activate his special ability! Since he was destroyed in battle, I get to summon a DARK-type monster directly from my deck! And I choose the Meda Bat!" A tiny bat with only one eye soars onto the field, shrieking defiantly at the spirit hovering in front of Pegasus.

Pegasus growls, "You think that midget can help you? He won't even be able to scratch her!"

"No, I know that. I'm not a moron," Bakura sneers. "But, as it's my turn now, I will now sacrifice him in order to summon a beast that can!" A wild howling sounds out as Bakura plays his next card. A flash of a sword is seen, and the bat vanishes instantly. Then a rabid creature leaps out of the card, and he positions his swords for an attack.

"The Beast of Talwar?!?" Pegasus exclaims. "That's one of the most powerful fiends there is!" As the beast sneers at him, he mutters, "But he still can't defeat my angel...."

"Oh, really? Well, watch this!" Bakura cries. "Go, Heavy Storm!" The wind picks up, and clouds cover the sky, blocking out the sun's rays. Pegasus shields himself as his magic card explodes. "Heh heh...now your angel is vulnerable! Attack, my beast!"

As the beast leaps forward, Pegasus says, "At least her power makes it so I only lose 100 life points." He flinches as his angel vanishes and his life points drop to 2900.

"Wow. I can't believe Bakura has such a powerful card," Tristan murmurs. "You'd think he'd be in the tournament, with all his skills!"

"Yeah," Joey says. "I wonder if Pegasus can defeat him?"