Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Return of the shadow realm ❯ Intro ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Top of Form 1

Bottom of Form 1

Authors Note: This is my first Yu-Gi-Oh fan fic. It's an AU crossover with the Mummy/Mummy Returns. Instead of 7 items, there are 8. Also, there is a new character to be introduced: Pegasus's daughter (I figure he couldn't have been married without having a kid). I hope you all enjoy it.

Prologue

Years before the golden age of Egypt, a dark game was created called the Shadow Games. The Pharaoh had grown tired of these Games and had been attempting to put an end to them. His main opposition was his High Priest, Imhotep.

His High Priestess, Biset, was also against him but had sided with Ryou, the tomb robber. Ryou was once a wealthy and respected man. Soon it was discovered how he made his fortune. The Pharaoh was repulsed by what he did and banished him from the land. However, Biset was deeply in love with Ryou, and he with her. She took him in as a servant, despite the Pharaoh's whishes. In the end, the Pharaoh gave in, for he too loved her. Now they plotted against him, making him wish he had not been so foolish.

All three had Millennium Items, mystical items created to be used in the Shadow Games that gave their owns great power. There were eight of them in all. Biset controlled the Millennium Necklace, the powers of which ran along the line of Ryou's Millennium Ring. Both could be used to track down other items and could displace souls. Any other abilities the items had were a mystery, and the Pharaoh dreaded the day he would find out. Imhotep controlled the Millennium Eye, which could read people's minds. It also had the ability to capture souls. The more souls that he captured, the stronger he became. The Pharaoh himself controlled the Millennium Puzzle, the strongest of all the items. It gave him the ability to send people into the Shadow Zone, the dimension where the Games were played.

The battle soon reached its climax and the Pharaoh locked the souls of the Millennium Item holders into their items. Unfortunately, a part of the souls were not locked into the items. These parts were to be reincarnated. The spirits would be complete only if the corresponding item was obtained.

Imhotep was reincarnated hundreds of years later, during the reign of Seti. There, he became the High Priest of Osiris and fell in love with Seti's concubine Anck-su-namun. By this time, the Games had been forgotten and Imhotep did not know of the Eye. As in his previous life, he possessed great power. He and Anck-su-namun murdered Seti but Seti's daughter Nefertiri, who happened to be the reincarnation of Biset, witnessed the murder and called the Med-jai. Having been caught, Anck-su-namun made Imhotep flee and killed herself. Imhotep took her body to Hamanaptra and attempted to use the Book of the Dead to bring her back. He was stopped. As punishment, he suffered the worst curse created, the hom-dai. He was mummified alive and his name was erased from history. If he were ever resurrected, he would be a plague upon the Earth.

Thousands of years later, Hamanaptra was once again discovered. Evelyn Carnahan and Rick O'Connell, reincarnations of both Biset and Ryou, discovered the mummy and accidentally released it. With the help of Ardeth Bay, part of the Med-jai tribe that guarded Hamanaptra, they were able to defeat him. Then, about 10 years later, Imhotep arose once again. Evelyn and Rick, who were now married with child, followed him to the Lost Oasis of Ahm Shere to stop him from resurrecting the Scorpion King. If Imhotep killed the Scorpion King, he would gain control of the Army of Anubis. After a difficult battle, Imhotep was banished to the pits of Hell. Evelyn and Rick lived happily together after.

Decades later, the Items began to reappear. They were found by the reincarnations of their original owners except for one. A man named Maximillion Pegasus found the Millennium Eye while on a trip to Egypt. The evil of the Eye consumed him and he resurrected the Games in the form of a card game, which he called Duel Monsters. He believed that the combined powers of the Items would be able to bring back his dead wife. He held a tournament, the Duelist Kingdom, in order to draw out the owners.

It was during this time that a young boy named Yugi Mutou solved the Millennium Puzzle and reawakened the Pharaoh. Pegasus soon discovered this and stole the soul of Yugi's grandfather in order to get him to go to the tournament. With the help of his friends, one of which was the owner of the Millennium Ring, defeated Pegasus.

A year has passed since the tournament. Yugi and his friends are going about their daily lives. But very soon everything is going to change. Darkness is fast approaching and wants the eight Items so that he may finish what he started thousands of years ago. Imhotep will walk the Earth once more.