Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Ryou Bakura: Chaos Master ❯ Appeals of a Job ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

DISCLAIMER: I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh. Takahashi does, and though he thinks Ryou would do well in college, he said a spin off show for Ryou wasn't possible.
 
Ryou woke up bright and early the next day, and looked at his clock. It was just after six in the morning, and he knew Sami wouldn't be up for quite a while. Quietly, he got out of the chair he'd slept in and went to the bathroom, where he quickly dressed himself in a pair of jeans, a t-shirt, and a light jacket. He tiptoed out into the hall and down the stairs, careful not to wake Katt up as he went. He stopped at the dining room. The sun was bright despite the early hour, lighting the room up and washing the first floor from the tension created from the previous night. Ryou snorted, wondering just how long it had been since he was up before Sami. He doubted it was ever, and the very thought made him chuckle as he passed by a small table in the hallway.
 
“I suppose I'd better leave a note,” Ryou suggested, grabbing a piece of paper and jutting down a quick note to Sami, “She might worry if I'm gone too long.” He left the note on the table, and then slipped outside, closing the front door. The air felt brisk, and the sunlight was strong from the Autumn weather. It promised of a beautiful day, and Ryou felt that was just as well. He needed a cheerful day for what he set out to do. He smiled, until he heard a snort. He looked over, and surely enough, Bakura was asleep on the porch chair, shotgun in hand once again, despite it being broken.
 
“Damn mockers…” Bakura mumbled. Ryou rolled his eyes and walked down the steps and onto the sidewalk. He looked up at the sky as he walked, wondering if anyone else would be up at this hour. The sky was a pale blue, the edges of the puffy clouds pink with the early sun. The horizon was still a hazy orange, giving Ryou the sense that he was in some sort of dream-like world. He smiled again as the sun shone on his skin, revealing him to be much paler than he thought.
 
“No wonder Sami worries about my getting sunburned,” Ryou commented, remembering that he had spent most of the summer indoors. Stuffing his hands into his pockets, Ryou continued down the silent road. He didn't notice when someone called his name, until that person actually grabbed his arm, stopping him. Ryou blinked and then turned around to face a black haired boy, who was wearing a red jogging suit. His eyes shone a resilient red in the morning sun, and his grin was easy and wide. It was obvious this boy had smiled a lot, and his attitude told Ryou he was right.
 
“Morning Ryou!” he said cheerfully, “I didn't think I'd see you out so early!” Ryou smiled as he remembered who was speaking to him. It was his classmate, Shimbou. They had met about a week ago during college callbacks, and though they didn't have the same schedules all the time, they became quick friends regardless. That had lessened Ryou's nervousness about starting the school year, and assured him that he wouldn't be stranded alone for the whole year. He chuckled.
 
“Hello, Shimbou,” Ryou replied, trying to be just as cheerful, “I'm just getting ready to look for a job.” Shimbou raised a confused eyebrow, as though the thought were as foreign to him as baseball was to Malik. Ryou wouldn't have been surprised if that were the case.
 
“Why're you getting a job? College is hard enough,” Shimbou stated, and then smiled, “Wait, I know. You wanted those new disks Kaiba Corp is coming out with. I hear you.” Ryou chuckled. Though that was true, he had no intention of spending any more money on games for right now. Not until he had a steady income, anyway.
 
“No, that's not it. I need to start working so my roommate doesn't kill herself from exhaustion,” Ryou replied casually, as they began to walk down the road together, “She insists that I focus on school, but I know she's getting upset with the finances.” Shimbou's smile faded and he looked up at the sky. He had dealt with similar problems before, but was unsure of what he could say to help Ryou out. Technically, his `roommate' was his mother, and she basically insisted she handle the problem, too.
 
“My mom's the same way,” Shimbou commented, “Does your friend have school, too?” Ryou snorted. Sami going to school would've been as bad as Domino being bombed; the outcome would've yielded explosions left and right.
 
“No. She said she doesn't need to go,” he replied, grinning, “So she handles the finances and getting everything paid for.” What he didn't say was how much like a housewife she was. But his expression might as well have spoken for him. Shimbou just stared for a long moment, and then looked away before Ryou noticed too much.
 
“Wow, sounds tough!” the younger boy finally said, deciding it best not to comment, “Anyway, good luck. My cousin said that there's a game store around here that's hiring. It's not the best, but it does pay.” Ryou nodded, and Shimbou clapped him on the back encouragingly. Ryou just grinned, truly appreciative that Shimbou was so willing to help him out. He was turning out to be a very reliable friend.
 
“Thanks. I'll keep it in mind,” he said gratefully, “What do you have planned?” Shimbou looked a bit confused about the question, and took a minute to think about it. Ryou snorted, guessing he had no true plan; if he did, he wouldn't have taken so long to think about it.
 
“I'm just taking a jog before school starts,” Shimbou finally replied, and then laughed, “Mom wants me out of the house, too. She says she can't afford to keep making me my usual four eggs and two biscuit breakfast, so I might just sneak in a few doughnuts before the day, too.” He grinned widely, and Ryou couldn't help but laugh. It was no wonder Shimbou jogged so much. He didn't want his mother to know what he ate, so he'd just burn it off if he could. Not that he needed to. Ryou saw some of Shimbou's lunches some days, and was impressed with how much the boy could eat and still not gain weight. He just shook his head in amusement.
 
“Good luck with that, Shimbou,” Ryou said through a chuckle, “Hey, if you get any spares, I'll eat them if I see you later.” Shimbou nodded vigorously, beginning to jog in place to warm himself back up. He gave a half-salute.
 
“Sure thing, buddy. I'll ask around later and find you then!” Shimbou exclaimed, and then he jogged off. Ryou watched him go until he vanished around a corner, and then continued on his own path. He thought very carefully about what he could try, but nothing came to mind, and as he went through the shopping district, nothing appeared to be open yet, either. He scanned his brain to find what his best strengths were, but aside from making games and a small hobby of ironwork, nothing presented itself. He'd have to wing it.
 
“I could try to be a doctor, but the medical schooling alone,” Ryou whispered, sitting on a bench, “A lawyer makes a lot of money, too, but again, the schooling would cost us too much.” Sighing, he got up and walked down one of the roads through the city's center. He passed a building with a large “Help Wanted” sign, and grinned. He walked in, determined to get the job until a girl with hideously blue eyes stopped him in his tracks, mortified. Her blonde hair shone perfectly in the light, and her red fingernails were long enough for Ryou to assume that they were fake. And her makeup was too thick, making Ryou shiver as he thought of the women who lived downtown, a place he solely avoided unless Sami went with him and had a very distinct reason to go. She smiled when she saw Ryou.
 
“What can I do for you, sweetheart?” she purred, and Ryou backed toward the door, eye twitching with fear as he realized just what this place was. The smell of perfume was thick, threatening to choke him, but that wasn't nearly enough to scare him. No, what truly scared him was what he heard coming from the hall.
 
“I… I thought about getting a job, but…” Ryou didn't get to finish his sentence as the girl's grin widened to an unusual size, and she jumped out of her desk. Ryou wanted to throw up, especially as she grabbed his wrist, attempting to drag him off.
 
“You'll be just perfect for me, honey!” she exclaimed, “Now, you'll need to get out of your clothing, but…” Ryou screamed out the rest of her sentence, ripped his hand free, and ran out as fast as he could, not caring if he managed to break the door or not. He ran as far as he could before he had to stop. His lungs threatened to burst apart, and he panted for dear life. He had never run that fast, and he regretted going into the building at all. Letting his body rest, he leaned against a telephone pole, sighing.
 
“Okay, so that was a dumb idea,” Ryou said, gasping, “But I'll find something… hopefully.” After a minute of getting breath back into his lungs, Ryou stood up and continued down the road, where shops were slowly beginning to open. And, he was determined to look in each and every one. The first one looked promising.
 
“Sorry, son, but we just hired a new stockperson last week,” the owner of a bookstore said when Ryou walked into the shop. Dejected, he walked into a diner and talked to the manager there, who frowned when Ryou went to inquire about the sign.
 
“We're not hiring anymore,” she said crossly, and Ryou promptly left, heading next into a convenience store, but again, having no luck. Today was turning into a pretty bad day already, by the looks of it.
 
“Sorry, buy. We just filled the position,” the shopkeeper informed him, and Ryou began to get very depressed at that point. No one appeared to want to hire him, and as he began to walk back home, he noticed a store called Mecca Doomers. It was a gaming store, and it took Ryou a minute to realize that it was the store Shimbou told him about. And, it had the “Help Wanted” sign on it; very convenient, Ryou quickly decided. His spirits rose to an incredible height as he walked inside. The store was small, but from what he saw, it was well-stocked. And it was in a good district. If he played his cards right, so to speak, this had advantages. He immediately spoke with the owner of the store, who seemed to actually consider him for the job.
 
“You want yourself a job, eh?” the man asked, and when Ryou nodded, he narrowed his eyes, “You're not just here for a few weeks, are you? We need a committed worker, son.”
 
“I'll stay as long as I can, sir,” Ryou replied, “I just need a job. See, I'm having trouble, and I'll take anything. I'll work hard, I'll…” The boss laughed, and clapped Ryou's shoulder. This man obviously had a good sense of spirit to him, and seemed to take Ryou's answer to be genuine. He smiled calmly at Ryou, walking him over to a small table in the back room.
 
“Easy, boy! I didn't discount you,” he laughed heartily, “In fact, I'll consider you! But you'll need to fill this out. For formalities, of course.” He handed Ryou a piece of paper, and Ryou sat down to fill it out. It was a standard form, one that he'd gotten used to filling out back when he was looking for a summer job, just to be able to get away from Bakura. When he was done, it was as such:
 
Name: Ryou Bakura
 
Age: 19
 
DoB: September 2nd, 1986
 
Gender: Male
 
Nationality: Japanese
 
Education: Domino High (graduated)
 
Occupation (past and present): Student, owner of Domino Museum
 
Name of Legal Guardian/relation: …
 
Ryou froze when he came to that question. His father had died, and though Bakura was much, much older, he didn't think a spirit counted as much of a guardian. He asked if the question was necessary, and when he was told it was, he racked his brain. The only person he could think of was Sami, but that wouldn't be accepted. A roommate was no guardian, no matter how old she was. Biting his lip, he shakily began to scribble her name down. He had just one way for her to be a legal guardian.
 
Name of Legal Guardian/relation: Sami K. Winchester (wife)
 
He knew that if she found out, she would kill him, but he handed the form in when he was finished, praying that the boss wouldn't ask him about it, and praying even more that Sami would never know about it. The boss looked it over carefully, and raised his eyebrow at the last question. Ryou certainly didn't look old enough to be dating let alone being married. Ryou was sure he was done for.
 
“You're married, son?” the man asked, and Ryou nearly choked, “Why're you looking for a job here if you've got yourself a woman to support?” Ryou's cheeked were flushed with crimson, and though Bakura wasn't with him, he heard a snort from inside his mind, and realized Bakura had been spying on him. Damned spirit.
 
“I… I… I,” Ryou stammered, unable to form an answer. The boss shrugged and put the paper down.
 
“No need for me to know, I guess,” the man said, smiling, “At any rate, Mr. Bakura, you've been officially hired, so go talk to Nanisaka about your uniform.” He shook Ryou's hand forcefully, nearly knocking the boy into the desk.
 
“T-thank you, sir,” Ryou said, as Bakura continued to laugh. The boss smiled.
 
“You're welcome, boy,” he replied, “Oh, and call me The Boss. Everyone else here does.” Ryou nodded, and walked out of the office toward the front of the store again. He saw a young girl sitting in a chair, wearing an outfit for a character to Dead or Alive, and assumed she was Nanisaka. When he asked, he found that she was.
 
“So, you're the new kid the boss hired to help me run this dump, eh?” she asked, and when Ryou nodded, she tossed him a uniform, “Well, put this on.” Ryou unfolded it, horrified to find that it was an outfit for a comical schoolgirl with a cat-hat. He blinked, wondering if anyone could actually make him wear it. He decided to try his luck as he handed the suit back.
 
“I can't wear this,” he said, and Nanisaka stared at him, slapping her magazine down on the counter in annoyance. Obviously, she was going to be one of the more irritated co-workers Ryou would be dealing with. He held his breath, not liking where this could be leading as she stood up.
 
“Why not?” she asked, though she was disinterested in the actual answer. That gave Ryou just a bit of relief, and he continued his point.
 
“I'm not a girl!” Ryou exclaimed, “And this outfit is clearly for women!” Nanisaka rolled her eyes and shoved the hat onto his head, earning a scream from Ryou as he tried to wriggle out of it. But, it didn't budge. Whatever Nanisaka did, the hat stayed on his head, and miserably, he knew he had lost the argument.
 
“You look like a girl to me, so just shut up and put the uniform on before I shove it up your little ass,” Nanisaka said. Ryou grew red with anger, and stormed into the bathroom. He shoved the uniform on furiously, cursing himself for his bad luck. He hated to have to wear such a stupid costume, but the thought of making someone like Nanisaka angry was much worse. When he zipped up his shirt and finished with the bottom half, he turned in the mirror, eye twitching. He looked just like a girl. A very flat-chested girl, and he wanted to punch the mirror in for it, too. Clenching his teeth, he stormed out of the bathroom, intent on surviving his first day on the job and praying Sami's day was going far better.
 
---
 
Sami slowly sat up in her bed, looking at the clock. It was near ten in the morning, definitely much later than she was used to sleeping. She blinked, and her vision cleared, but was still blurry, even when she slipped her glasses on. Reaching over, she looked up, half expecting to see him standing over her, watching to make sure she didn't punch him for waking her up. Not that he had, and not that he could; he wasn't even there. And that wasn't normal. She blinked again, though considering the time, she wasn't entirely surprised. For all she knew, he had school. She bit her lip.
 
“Ryou?” she called, and looked at the door to the hall. She didn't hear him out there, either. Grumbling, she rolled out of bed and went to the bathroom, throwing on her uniform, which consisted of a black dress with a white hair piece, with a smaller white apron down the front. Then she washed her face, looking at herself. Still the same person she was three years ago, and not a line of age to show for it. She frowned. Sometimes, being non-human sucked. Ryou was already aging a bit, and if she didn't do the same soon, he'd become an old man and she'd still look like she was in her twenties. Then again, she did have about twenty more years before she worried about that. She snorted.
 
“I'll worry about it when I take care of getting us out of debt,” she decided, and left the mirror, grabbing her keys off of the sink. She walked out of the bathroom, left the room, walked down the stairs, into the bright hallway. She passed the table and went straight into the dining room, where Katt was currently eating a bowl of cereal.
 
“Hey, sis!” Katt exclaimed, waving cheerfully. Sami nodded, and picked up her bag, though Katt noticed she was distracted. She looked at her sister, her spoon dangling from her mouth. Sami caught the more than quizzical look, and slung her bag over her shoulder. It was heavier than she last remembered.
 
“Katt, have you seen Ryou?” Sami asked, peeking into the kitchen. Still no sign of the boy. Katt tilted her head, and then handed Sami a piece of paper. Sami took it and read it. Her eyes hardened, a true sign that she was not happy. Katt's lips thinned, expecting that kind of reaction. Before Sami had a chance to blow, she explained the situation.
 
“He says he's looking for a job and that he'll see you later tonight,” Katt stated as Sami read, and then sighed. Of everything, this was something she hoped to avoid. Now there was nothing she could do to talk to him, as she was already running late for her own job. She folded the note and stuck it in her pocket, shaking her head. To her, he was being a bit of an idiot.
 
“I told him not to worry about this. Why would he rush out and find a job?” she asked, and Katt bit her lip. Sami looked at Katt, and knew that her sister was hiding something. Her eyes narrowed further, and Katt paled. She knew she couldn't lie to Sami; the woman was a pro at finding lies. Nothing would slip past her.
 
“I told him what you told me last night,” she replied quickly, and Sami glared angrily, her eyes becoming even harder. Katt gulped, realizing she made a huge mistake. Sami's ears lowered, and Katt felt a ripple going up her spine. Sami looked downright scary when she was angry with something, and she was definitely angry with this as she walked threateningly towards her sister.
 
“…do not ever tell him anything I confide in you unless I tell you to,” the older woman said grimly, and then opened the front door, “I'll see you later. I'm late for work.” Katt stood up, running to the front hallway as Sami almost closed the door. She couldn't spend the whole day worrying that she pissed the wrong person off.
 
“I'm sorry! Sami, he was worried,” Katt pleaded, “I had to!” Sami looked down at the floor, and then at Katt. Then she shut the door and left without so much as a goodbye, leaving Katt to stare at the doorway for a minute before returning to the table, staring at her breakfast in silence. For a reason she wasn't surprised with, she was no longer hungry.
 
---
 
Ryou endured most of the day by reminding himself that he was doing this job to support Sami, but by the time two in the afternoon rolled around, Ryou found that he would've just liked to jump off a cliff instead. Many people had made fun of him for wearing a girl's uniform, and Nanisaka didn't help to lessen the load at all, even when a father angrily yelled at Ryou for charging nearly two hundred dollars on a gaming system.
 
“I hope you go out of business, thief!” the father angrily spat, storming away. Ryou shivered, ready to break down from the stress, and Nanisaka's only approach to his torment was to tell him to go on break, which he had done three times already. His torment was worse when a boy came in, demanding a booster pack for Duel Monsters. Reluctantly, Ryou filled the order, though the boy's attitude made him wish he had borrowed Bakura's shotgun.
 
“You know, you're a pretty hot girl,” the boy said mockingly, and as Ryou bent down to get a pack that had fallen, the boy added, “Nice ass.” His friends laughed, and Ryou yelped, standing up and blushing crimson. But in a flash, he saw that someone gripped the boy tightly and spun him around, and a familiar grim voice growled angrily.
 
“Get out before I remove you myself,” Ryou's heart rose when he heard Sami scold the boy, who ran out in terror from her dark expression; he probably thought she was a monster. Or a mercenary. His friends followed, and Sami leaned on the counter, looking at Ryou very sternly. His smile faded, but that didn't lessen his relief. It also didn't lessen the thought that Sami might very well think he looked ridiculous. Which, of course, he did. But he didn't care. He was just happy to see her.
 
“Sami!” he exclaimed, hugging her, “What're you doing here?” He looked at her face, and actually frowned. She looked very unhappy, and he had a feeling he knew why.
 
“Bakura told me where you were, so I wanted to make sure you didn't get into too much trouble,” she replied as she pulled away, “Looks like I'm too late, though. You honestly thought to work here?” Ryou nodded, looking away. He didn't want to tell Sami what he knew, but if she already figured that out, he was cornered either way. There was no sense keeping the truth from her.
 
“I found out about our finances,” Ryou said, and Sami's frown deepened, “Katt told me last night. Sami, why didn't you tell me?” Sami's lips thinned in disapproval before she gave him her answer. Not that it was an overly decent one; they'd gone through this once before, and her answer hadn't changed.
 
“Because I didn't want you going through this,” she replied flatly, “Now, get in the car. We're going home. We have a party to get ready for.” Ryou smiled, as he had completely forgotten the party, and was eternally glad that Sami had come to bring him home. He nodded, but a figure at the door stopped him from moving before he could get to the bathroom to change. Even Nanisaka froze in place, and Sami slowly turned to find that once again, Ushio had plagued them. Her ears lowered as he stepped in. She remembered him from a while back, and patted Ryou's arm to steady him. He became twice as pale, and Sami was partly worried he might collapse.
 
“Well, well, well, once again, Ryou Bakura has proven that he's a better woman than his little friend,” Ushio commented smugly, “How flattering, huh?” Ryou looked away, wishing he really had something to shoot either himself or his customers with. Sami, however, raised her chin, and Ryou had the distinct impression that she'd either succeed in ridding the place of Ushio, or in getting a very black eye. He glanced at her with panic, and found that indeed, she was going to engage the bully again.
 
“Buy something or leave,” Sami stated calmly, “Otherwise, I will remove you from the store myself. Terrorizing the employees here is against the law. It counts toward harassment, and I don't think the police will appreciate seeing you again.” Ryou's mouth dropped as Sami spoke. She had absolute confidence and didn't seem to care that Ushio was easily a foot taller than her. He bent down, his eyes glaring into hers threateningly. But, she didn't falter in the least. Ryou prayed she wouldn't get hurt.
 
“Are you messing with me, bitch?” Ushio asked, and Nanisaka let her magazine drop, looking over at Sami with a mixture of actual respect and controlled fear at the situation. With that tone, any sane person would've dropped dead. But Sami wasn't entirely sane.
 
“Seriously, lady, that's not a smart move,” Nanisaka commented, but Sami ignored her even as she warned, “We don't sell insurance. Just back away.”
 
“Sami, let's just go home,” Ryou said, but again, Sami ignored him. She kept her gaze locked on Ushio, an internal stare-down brewing between them. Ushio broke it to glance at Ryou, snorting in amusement.
 
“What's wrong, Ryou? Afraid I'll pound her into little bits?” Ushio asked, and this time, Sami snorted, earning a sharp glare from the bigger man.
 
“I'm sure he's afraid I'll set you ablaze and char your innards,” Sami spat, “But that's not nearly satisfying enough now.” Ryou bit his lip, just wishing he could take Sami and run away before either of them were sent to a hospital, but Ushio beat him to speaking. He bared his teeth menacingly at Sami.
 
“Shut up, bitch,” Ushio demanded, and before he could respond, Sami slammed him right in the face, sending him flying right out the window, hurtling toward a dumpster and rolling down the hills behind the store until he finally fell right into the river that cut across the city. Sami stared just a moment longer to make sure he wouldn't come back, and when he didn't, she turned, took Ryou's wrist, and promptly strode to the door.
 
“We're leaving,” she commanded, and without protest, led Ryou out of the store and into their car. She drove in silence, as Ryou processed what had happened. He had never seen Sami attack someone so quickly, and yet she silenced not one, but two bullies within ten minutes. He had barely dealt with two successfully in his entire life. The strength at which she spoke inspired him somewhat, but the fear she instilled was far stronger. She didn't carry herself with the normality of being a twenty-three year old woman. He glanced at her, wincing when he saw her fury hadn't yet subsided.
 
“Thank you,” he whispered, but Sami didn't smile. Instead, she looked at him and said the honest truth.
 
“You need to grow a backbone,” she said, and a pang of rejection hit Ryou, “I can't keep picking those insolent little bastards off of you. Ryou, why did you take that job?” Ryou didn't answer, having been too ashamed of himself at that point. Sami felt a bit of sympathy, and didn't press the question further as she pulled into the driveway. They got out of the car as Bakura shot at a crow, and it fell to the ground, dead. Sami blinked just once, unable to decide how she should react to that, but Ryou couldn't control himself. He finally snapped.
 
“What the hell?” Ryou blurted out, and Sami laughed, taking his arm and walking up to the porch, only to find Bakura cheering about his incredible accuracy, with Katt shaking her head in utter disapproval. It was obvious that she had tried to stop him, and ended up failing. Sami wasn't surprised for that, either. Nothing would stop Bakura or his bouts of utter insanity.
 
“He's moved onto crows now,” Katt sighed, sitting on a stair, “Sami, this is getting ridiculous.”
 
“I agree. Bakura, what are you doing?” Sami demanded. Bakura scowled and stood up, discarding the dead bird as he threw it over the fence. He turned to face Sami, his expression both grim and proud at once, if that was actually possible.
 
“Killing the true mockers,” Bakura growled, “Pigeons are nothing compared to these bags of shit.” Ryou took off his hat, laying his head against Sami's arm as she glared at Bakura. She was close to snapping at the old thief, and Ryou could sense it was taking every ounce of her reserve to not do so. He decided to speak up, if only to let her calm down.
 
“What did they do to you?” Ryou asked gently, though in actuality, he knew he didn't care. He just wanted to go inside, wash up, and get the party over with before Sami… or himself… went insane from the day. Considering what had happened, that seemed inevitable. So it was almost ironic that he asked Bakura for an explanation.
 
“Well, I was waiting for the bus so I could get downtown and replace my gun, right?” Bakura asked, and when Ryou nodded, he continued, “Well, I heard something, and when I looked up, three of these little crapbags were cawing at me. AT ME! They were laughing! It was like some sort of sadistic mental language only their birdly senses could understand! It was pure mockery, so I decided to take them all down before they overran us!” Ryou rolled his eyes, and Sami continued to stare in complete disbelief, even as Bakura grinned when he shot another bird out of the sky, only to land in one of Sami's bushes, knocking it to the ground.
 
“You need to be admitted to the asylum,” Sami stated, and then turned to Ryou, “I'm going to bathe. You should change too, and make sure Bakura wears something acceptable or he's not coming.” Ryou laughed, and Sami walked inside and shut the door. Bakura glared angrily as the woman left, and Ryou raised an eyebrow, wondering just what could've been going through Bakura's insane mind. At that point, it was probably consisting of banishing Sami.
 
I'M NOT A CHILD, YOU KNOW!” Bakura roared, but Sami either ignored him or didn't hear. Ryou let him storm inside, and then Katt went in. He looked out over his yard, and then sighed as he saw ten other dead birds lying in it. Bakura would be a real problem, but he'd pull himself together if Ryou threatened him. And Ryou planned to do everything within his power to stop Bakura from making a fool of himself. Tonight was important to Sami, and if Bakura ruined it, Ryou promised himself to take a gun to Bakura's head and personally see that the spirit had a new `home surgery' that night. Lips pursed, he walked up the stairs, making a mental list of what needed to be done before the party. It was daunting.
 
“I'd better get started…” With that, Ryou walked inside of his house, closing the door. He had only a few short hours, and a lot of talking to do, before he could leave his house again.
 
-----------------------------(End Chapter)
 
And so, not only does Ryou have a job, but now he needs to get ready for Kaiba's party as well. Can he help get Bakura under control, or will Sami blow her blood vessels on the old thief? And what is Kaiba's party about? Who will be there, and what shocking news will Kaiba uncover? Find out next chapter, so click that Review button!