Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Ryou Bakura: Chaos Master ❯ Not Exactly a Hiking Trip ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

DISCLAIMER: I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh. Takahashi does. He thinks Rex would make a great detective, too.
 
Seto Kaiba had watched the ordeal from his own window. How long he stood there, he didn't know, but he'd seen it all. He watched the sky darken from noon onwards. He watched, even as Mokuba had come in to give him the phone. It had been Ishizu, the very bane of his sanity. And when she told him what she knew, of the magic, of the disturbance, of everything, he didn't believe it then. But now, with the sky nearly pitch black, the clouds a thick purple above, he wasn't so sure he could discount it. Magic rarely was potent enough for the simplistic human nose to detect it, but that afternoon, Kaiba felt just a spark of that horrible substance. And when he finally tore his eyes away from the sky, he saw the old station wagon rumbling down the road toward the distant mountain ranges. Just what he needed to see; morons heading right to the slaughterhouse.
 
“Ryou Bakura again. I swear he gets himself mixed up in this on purpose,” the man growled in irritation, “Magic. What a load of bullshit.” He turned from the window quickly, intent on just drawing the curtains back. This was no concern of his, so why Ishizu felt the need to warn him was a mystery not worth solving, in his mind. Right then, the door creaked open. His eyes narrowed. But, it was just Joey. He brought in a tray with some iced tea, his skin paled. Unlike Kaiba, Joey had worried a great deal when he saw the dark clouds overhead.
 
“Hey, buddy. Tea's getting worried about you, so she sent me up with a drink,” Joey said quietly, setting the tray down, “Man, the news is in hysterics. Another satellite was blown off! Tristan just told me…” Joey stopped when he realized Kaiba wasn't paying attention. Something about the outside kept distracting him. Lips pursed, Joey asked, “Something wrong?”
 
“…do you actually believe in magic?” Kaiba asked quietly, his voice nearly shaking. Joey frowned. For Kaiba to be asking that meant that something really was very wrong in the world. Kaiba didn't believe in magic, and he wanted everyone to know it, too. Joey hummed, considering his answer. He himself didn't know what to believe. Magic existed. And it nearly killed him.
 
“Well… I know it's real,” Joey replied, “Why?” Kaiba sighed and pointed out the window. Joey looked, and his eyes widened. The clouds were purple! The grass below started changing color, as well. And the streetlights were dimming rapidly. This spelled trouble. No wonder everyone was freaking out. Joey shivered just looking at the scenery. There was a sense of dread he wasn't used to.
 
“All I need is a look out there to know something bad is going on,” Kaiba told him grimly, looking around the room, “I want to go out there and investigate, but I'm not leaving Tea or Mokuba here. The fact that your idiot of a friend, Ryou, is heading there right now makes it even more curious. That crazy friend of his nearly killed us two years ago.” Joey frowned, but didn't look over at the older man. The outside drew him in. Everything looked crisper, clearer. Somehow, the darkness gave the shapes out there more definition. And the little bits of color that penetrated such a scene were rich. It was hard to imagine such a state, but it was right before his eyes. He barely heard what Kaiba said, though the name `Ryou' snapped him out of it.
 
“Ryou's heading up there?” Joey asked, and sighed, “Makes sense if he's taking Sami with him. If she's going, something's definitely happening up there. What do you think it is, though? Sorceress?” Kaiba just snorted. To assume it was even human was a dumb idea. He might not have believed in magic, but he wasn't dumb. Humans possessed only a spark of magic. No human was powerful enough for this sort of storm. He shook his head, a smirk forming on his otherwise gaunt face.
 
“Don't be a moron, Wheeler. This is much worse than any card trick a sorcerer could pull,” he said in amusement, taking a deep breath, “If anything, it's something Winchester will be taking care of, and that's good enough for me.” Joey's frown worsened. Sometimes, Kaiba's inability for compassion really grated on his nerves. Kaiba might've had a point, but Ryou was his friend.
 
“Yeah, but if it's killing people, we'd better go and help them,” Joey reasoned, “Come on, Kaiba. I know somewhere, you think this might actually be something worth checking out.” Kaiba just let out an annoyed sigh. Joey was right; Kaiba did want to see what was going on. But he certainly wasn't about to admit that. If anything, he'd just humor Joey. Tea, however, would be much harder to fool. As would Mokuba.
 
“I don't, but we probably should go,” he replied, shrugging slightly, “Wheeler, go down and get Tea and Mokuba. I'm going to shut off the computers before this storm knocks them down, too.” Joey nodded, and left the room at that. Kaiba unplugged his machines, and then looked out the window again. The grass was entirely purple now, the looming mountains in the distance gray against the black sky. Houses and roofs seemed to have lost their color in the gloom; aside from the occasional flicker of light, Kaiba could barely see them. He sighed. This was definitely from magic. Taking a pistol from his desk, he hid it in his coat and went downstairs quickly. In the five minutes he'd been alone, Joey had managed to assemble both Tea and Mokuba. All three of them were worried when they saw Kaiba walking in, and it was Mokuba who spoke first.
 
“Seto, what's going on?” he asked, standing up as his brows creased in agitation, “Joey's acting weird, and Tea's really scared of something. What the hell's happening?” Seto's eyes narrowed flatly. Tea, he understood. Weird things were going on, and their wedding was getting closer as well. But Joey? He wished Joey were better at keeping his terror out of his demeanor. It'd make this easier to deal with. He placed his hands on Mokuba's shoulders, and found the young boy was shaking terribly.
 
“Calm down, kid,” Kaiba said reassuringly, and looked at everyone in the room, “Listen. Something is going on, but I'm not sure how bad it actually is. Ishizu Ishtar called me, and I'm going to head down to Mt. Domino and see what's happening down there.” Tea looked up at him, her eyes wide at the news. It was written all over her that she didn't want him going. Mokuba just hummed in annoyance. He didn't want Kaiba going, either, but nothing rarely stopped his brother. There was only one problem in Mokuba's mind right then.
 
“You're going to make us stay here,” he grumbled, “Great. Just great. You get to go out and throw your life off a cliff, and we have to stay here. Let me guess. It's for my own safety, too, isn't it!?” Kaiba just snorted. Mokuba was acting like he wanted to do this, and Kaiba would've loved nothing more than to push it aside. But Ishizu had been right when she used Mokuba to sway his opinion: he'd be putting the kid in even worse danger if he didn't do something. So, out of love, Kaiba agreed. But even so, that didn't get rid of the initial problem. Either way, whether he was left here or not, Mokuba was still in danger. Whichever one would prove worse off was something Kaiba didn't know. Nor was he willing to test it. Risking himself was one thing, but risking Mokuba was another. He smirked again.
 
“Well, it would've been if I actually told you to stay here,” the older man replied slyly, “But I think you might be worse off if you didn't come with me, so I think I want you all to join me. So, get in the car. And if I tell you all to keep your asses seated, you'll do it or you'll die.” Mokuba nodded, and both he and Joey ran to find a weapon for the journey. Kaiba looked over and saw Tea's face had paled considerably. Frowning, he asked, “What's wrong?”
 
“Seto, I… I don't know if I want to go,” she replied nervously, “What use am I in a fight?” Seto's frown worsened. To him, it wasn't about use. Sami was going up to the mountain, and with her insanity with weaponry, he doubted any of them would actually need to do anything. He walked over and put his hands on her shoulder.
 
“If you don't go, you're going to die here,” he reminded her, “And I'm not letting that happen. Not even to Joey. So get in the car. You'll be fine.” Tea nodded, but Kaiba saw she didn't truly believe him. He'd have to let that go. He let go of her, and she walked to the front door, slipping on her coat just as Joey and Mokuba came back. Joey was wielding a metal rod, but Mokuba decided to take a chef's knife instead. Kaiba just grumbled. He was obviously spending too much time at Ryou's house; Sami and Bakura had an affinity to knives.
 
“We ready?” Joey asked, and Kaiba nodded. Tea opened the door, and they all walked out, practically running toward the car. They got in, and Kaiba immediately set off down where he saw Ryou's station wagon head. He had no idea what he should've been expecting, but he could take a few well-educated guesses. Magic did a number of screwed up things, including distorting space. And if he'd have to drive in loop-de-loops in order to end this problem, so be it. Anything to drive magic away and keep his life as normal as possible.
 
---
 
Wind blew harshly in all directions as Rex Raptor walked down the road, holding his Sherlock Holmes-style cap to keep it from being blown away. It'd only been his third day in the paranormal investigative unit in the Domino Police Force, but already, he smelled a huge case. He'd heard that Sami's life had been risked; he received the report on it personally. And what a coincidence that had been. He was her friend, so he decided to check it out. And now, he was being steered toward an even worse case. Magic was slowly treading back into the city, and this was right up his department's alley. And if it somehow tied to Sami's attack, which he was sure it did, he'd be promoted again. Sometimes, he was glad he joined the police force. It definitely beat losing duels all of the time.
 
“And here I thought I'd have been pushing papers all day. Go figure,” he mused, as he trudged down the lonely, dark road, “Okay, theories aside, all I know is that this started almost immediately after Sam was shot. I don't know why, but that's a bit too coincidental for my taste. Call me cynical. Honestly, though, the woman doesn't have an enemy save for those Mystics! Why would anyone shoot her if they didn't want her dead?” He looked down at the notes he managed to take when he went back to Flamenco's to ask around, since that had been close to where the shooting took place, and it'd been the last place Sami was beforehand, “According to Pierre, he did hear a gunshot. But he didn't see anything. It couldn't have been a hit and run, because it happened in an alley, and near the abandoned graveyard underground. Someone knew where she'd be. But why would a Mystic use a gun?” That was the part that didn't make much sense to Rex. During his training, officials from the ESB had come to talk to his group about the dangerous races involved in magic. Mystics had been the first priority, and they had enough magic to wipe out his world. So why use a gun?
 
“…maybe they didn't want her dead,” he concluded, and nodded, “It'd make sense. These Mystics sound like real bastards. They don't like just seizing control. They need a game to make it more interesting. Right now, Sami's the only one who's actively in their way. They want to see what she'd do nearly dead. They're sizing up how bad a threat she is.” His lips thinned as he began to cross a large street. This was becoming a very interesting case, and now he felt he was getting onto something, “Yeah… that shooting had to be a warning. And this new magical bullshit? This has to be their idea of the game.” He looked up and off to the distance. Already, he could see the looming ranges behind the city. The thick ring of clouds his boss wanted investigated were spreading from there. So, it'd make sense that he'd have to drive there. Except that he hated driving in the dark. But he shrugged. A job was a job.
 
“Doesn't matter. I have to go up there and start poking around. If there's a Mystic, they'd have to be up there,” he concluded, and sighed, “I just hope Weevil can figure out a way to clear those clouds. I don't want to live in six years of darkness…” He yelped as a pair of headlights flashed over him, and as he looked over, he shielded his eyes. A car was speeding towards him, honking their horn furiously. Rex had to dive out of the way to avoid being slammed, and as the car passed, he saw the driver's window being rolled down.
 
“Hey! Watch where you're going, you freaking idiot!” the driver yelled, flipping Rex off. Rex's eye twitched, and he dropped his notebook as the car sped past.
 
“Don't make me ticket you, asshole!” Rex yelled back, and smiled with satisfaction when the guy continued to yell, only to smash into a tree a minute later from lack of watching where he was going. Rex chuckled as he made his way to his squadron car, climbing in. Then, he became serious again. As he started the car, he looked up at the distant ranges. It'd take an hour to get there, perhaps even more. Especially if those clouds decided to spout magic and create its own obstacles. Rex wasn't versed in magic, but he'd seen enough from Sami, Katt, and his own boss to know that magic was a pain in his ass. He began the long drive through the dark city, shaking his head.
 
“I'd better find something good, or I'm going to be pissed,” he said to himself, “Especially since I could've been looking at a shooting! A real, live shooting! I'd rather be doing that on my day off, than investigating magic.” And with that, he weaved through the abandoned streets toward the mountain.
 
---
 
Sami had been right. Ryou hated when she was right, but she was right when she said the drive would be hell. It was. He could deal with the rain that started, obscuring what little light the streetlamps offered, and he could deal with difficulty in keeping a good grip with the car. But what he hated was when monsters started jumping out of nowhere and tried to kill them. Sami neither looked surprised or afraid when she saw this. She had expected it, and she was skilled with the car, too. She weaved and swerved, revving the engine when she knew she'd be able to vector the monsters with the car, or at least tear some of their limps apart. It was a brutal, bloody scene, and she added even more damage when she flashed the headlights on them. Many of them screeched in agony; obviously, light was their mortal foe. As was Sami herself. Ryou counted up over thirty dead monsters within just five minutes, and the piles kept growing. Sami was such a crazy bitch sometimes. And Ryou was glad he let her drive this time.
 
“Jesus Christ, Sami, be careful of the car!” Ryou exclaimed after she nearly slammed into a large, black mantis, only to break and send out a large blaze of fire toward it with her own magic, “It's flammable, just like everything else!” Sami looked over at him flatly. Clearly, that didn't appear to concern her.
 
“Good. Maybe we'll get some decent gas mileage if we set it on fire,” she joked, charging forward as she shredded the wheels against the body of the mantis, “This piece of shit won't be much use after I'm done with it.” Ryou's eyes widened in terror. This was his father's car! And Sami was destroying it! Ryou twitched as he heard the cross between an orange being peeled, and a very disturbing slicing noise. He glanced out the window and nearly threw up. Black blood was spewing from under the tires. Sami clearly was going for an overkill.
 
“First of all, what are those things?” Yugi asked, as Sami sped away, dragging one of the monster's arms with them as she did so, “Second, are you absolutely sure this is the only way to kill them!?” If Sami didn't have to pay attention to the road, she'd have looked back at Yugi as if he were criminally insane. She didn't want to remind him that she was the expert warrior here. Not that it was doing them any good. She technically wasn't personally blowing the crap out of these monsters. Their car was. And, it was their car that Ryou noticed was beginning to smoke. He threw open his door, and Sami screeched to a stop as he jumped out. And she soon saw why as Yugi and Yami quickly followed. Right after, the car burst into flames, with Sami still in it. Ryou screamed until he saw her fly right out, slamming into the ground beside him. He bent down to help her, but she pushed him away. Standing up, she took one look at the car.
 
“…FUCK!” she screamed, and Yami just laughed, “Damn it! Damn it to hell, why did this piece of shit break now!?” Ryou never knew Sami to curse so much in a single sentence unless she was absolutely tanked. Which she wasn't. She was currently trying to douse the flames with magic, but for once, the fire was more powerful than her. All she ended up doing was wasting magic. So, in the end, she simply told them they'd have to continue on foot. Which was something no one wanted to do. But if they didn't, there was a good chance they'd end up dead, and the library wasn't too far away. At first, Ryou couldn't understand why Sami would want to head there first. Then she explained: she needed to see if there were records on this. And if there were, it'd explain how to get rid of it, too. It was a fine idea to Ryou, except that they were in serious danger and would end up dead if they didn't move it. So, they went on.
 
The library was easily the scariest building in the city at night. Not only was it bigger than most of the buildings on the street, being nearly four stories high, the entrance was also obscured in shadow from the huge pillars adorning the front of the building. The steps, however, stood in stark contrast. The moonlight began to pierce the overcast sky, and thin rays shined on the marble, making it glow white. That was probably the only reason Sami even saw the building. Signaling to the others, she ran up the stairs and went to open it. It was locked. Frustrated, and worried, she simply blew the door apart with a spell and rushed inside. The other three quickly joined her, though Yami stopped to use his own magic to repair the door. They had to keep the monsters out somehow.
 
“What were those things?” Yugi asked her again, as he heard Yami behind them, trying to catch up. They ran to what seemed like the back of the library. But in the dark, everything looked absolutely the same. They could've been anywhere inside the building. Sami finally stopped at one shelf filled with huge tomes and old volumes. It smelled faintly of mold there.
 
“Monsters, but they're definitely not from your world,” she replied, digging through the volumes, “I've no idea where they're from, but we're bound to find something here. I doubt this is the first time this has happened.” Ryou frowned. That was a rather vague answer. But Sami was good at giving those, so he didn't complain. She finally took out an ancient, haggardly book that looked absolutely ready to crumble to ash, and placed it on a long table. Opening it up, she grinned and found that it was exactly what she needed. Except that it was in a language only she could read; it was the Esper language. Yugi looked at it oddly, trying to find some way to decipher it. There was none.
 
“What's it all mean?” he asked her. She adjusted her glasses, and lit a small candle for them to see. In the wane light, her face looked gaunt again. But clearly, she was in a good mood.
 
“According to this, this has happened before,” she replied carefully, reading, “And in your world, too. But… something's wrong here. Really, really wrong.” Ryou noticed her voice was getting quiet as she read. Something was bothering her now. Her skin was beginning to look white now.
 
“…what's wrong?” Ryou asked her, after about three minutes of dead silence. Sami read just a bit more, and when she spoke, her voice was shaking.
 
“This happened three thousand years ago, and the only way they stopped it was by using five forbidden spells and sealing those spells into five orbs and scattering them throughout Oblivion,” she explained, “But then… there's nothing. After that, it says that the Espers seemed to have vanished without a trace from either side of the war of the Espers.” Her voice was even worse now. Ryou frowned. This held some kind of meaning, but what it was, he didn't know. Nor did he ask. He doubted she'd know of it.
 
“You were around back then. Yami, did you know about this?” Yugi asked, and everyone turned to the spirit. He flushed in embarrassment, and then slowly, he nodded.
 
“…yes, but not much,” he replied, “All I know was that Egypt was involved in a slight struggle between a very evil Esper, but we destroyed her. This must've happened sometime after I died.” Unfortunately, that didn't help them. Sami hummed and went back to reading the rest of the article. That was, until Ryou stopped her again, sitting down next to her.
 
“What are these orbs you mentioned?” he asked her, “What of the spells?” She looked up, the candle throwing disturbing shadows across her face. In that light, she looked almost evil herself.
 
“The orbs? They hold the five spells that could possibly wipe out entire worlds when used irresponsibly,” she replied calmly, “They were made when two Espers nearly destroyed Oblivion with the spells in question…” She winced, and Ryou caught it. It was a painful look, but then it faded almost as quickly as it came. Sami's expression smoothed and she finished with, “It's rumored that one of them died… while the other was exiled.” Ryou's lips thinned a little, and he remembered faintly on what Katsaiga had said to him before she'd died. `It happened so long ago that she can't remember.' He remembered the look on her face, just a second ago, as she read the passage. Was her mind registering something?
 
“…sometimes I wish Katsaiga were alive,” he mumbled, and when Sami stared at him, he said, “She said what happened to you happened so long ago that you couldn't remember. Think this could have anything to do with it?” Sami blinked quickly, and looked back down at the volume. Ryou caught her wince. For a split second, her face contorted again. Something was definitely making a connection inside of her, but it kept falling short. And she obviously couldn't feel it. She shook her head.
 
“I doubt it,” she finally said, “If it does, then that'd make me over three thousand. Do I look that old to you?” Ryou snorted. If she was a non-human, it wouldn't matter how old she looked. But she seemed to be past whatever was going on with her, for she returned the old tome. Then she blew out the candle. She must've found whatever it was she happened to be looking for. She led them out of the back section and toward a shelf that held many different artifacts. But only one, she picked up. It was a necklace; the chain was made of silver, and the center piece was made of a blue metal Ryou couldn't identify. In it was a small, clear orb. She held it for a moment, and then handed it to Yugi, for he looked curious about it. He grinned as he slipped it on his neck.
 
“So, you know how to disperse those clouds now?” he asked her as he fingered the jewel in the center of the necklace. Sami hummed, and shook her head grimly as she picked out another artifact. She studied it for a few seconds before replacing it again.
 
“If I did, I'd have done it by now,” she replied gravely, “I was looking for any records of this happening before, and I've found them. They're useless as of now, but we still have other places to go to. Here, take this.” She handed Ryou a bracelet. Like the necklace, it had a silver chain and a clear orb in its center. He eyed it carefully. It was crafted with utmost care.
 
“What is it?” he asked her, as she began to walk to the front of the library. She stopped and turned to him. The look on her face was stern.
 
“Katsaiga's jewels,” she replied, “She was on our side, and it protected her from the evil magic of Oblivion. It'll protect you both as well.” Ryou blinked, but before he could answer, she was already out the door. Yami was walking quickly to keep up as well. Not wanting to be left behind, Ryou ran after them. Outside, the wind calmed down and the rain stopped, but the darkness hadn't lifted yet. Ryou wasn't surprised. But what he did notice was that there was nothing else on the road save for them, either. He blinked. All of the bodies and blood Sami had managed to rack up disappeared. It was like nothing had happened. The car, however, was still destroyed. Ryou walked down the steps to where Sami stood, observing the road toward an even thicker darkness. She was looking for something.
 
“Are they gone?” he asked her quietly, and she jumped. She turned to him, at first unable to understand what he was referring to. Then she got it. He was asking about monsters. Grimly, she shook her head and pointed down the road, but she didn't say anything. She was purposely being very quiet. Ryou squinted his eyes to see, but he couldn't see very far at all. Sami must've had amazing night vision, or perhaps she simply smelled something off. He looked at her questioningly, but she simply pointed down the road again. Was he supposed to go down there first? Yugi came up, tapped her shoulder, and pointed to the scraps that used to be Ryou's car. It no longer spouted smoke or flames.
 
“Want me to fix the car?” he asked her, “I got a B in mechanics. I can probably do it.” Sami looked at him in amusement. Probably wasn't good enough. Even definitely didn't look like it'd make the cut for how badly in shape the poor car was in. But they did need something to travel safely in. And by `travel safely,' Sami meant `ram the monsters and kill them with.' If Yugi wanted to give it a crack, she wasn't about to stop him. She certainly wasn't going to get herself fried trying to handle the tools needed. Not that they had them. She smirked.
 
“If you want to kill yourself, go for it,” she replied simply, “Makes my responsibility go way down.” Ryou frowned. He didn't like the threat implied, but it was real. And he had a huge feeling Yugi didn't actually know what he was doing. The small boy walked over to the car and opened the hood. Smoke flooded out, but that didn't deter him. He waved it away and tugged on a wire. And if he'd even picked up a car manual, he'd have expected that oil would've come spurting right at him. He yelped and fell backwards. Obviously, he hadn't expected it. Yami just sighed, walking up and lifting Yugi to his feet.
 
“That'd never work,” he stated smugly, “I've seen this on television. This will.” Yugi raised a brow as Yami walked to the car, wondering just what show Yami could've seen that'd allow him, who had never even operated a vehicle until Yugi solved his puzzle, to fix one. Let alone even drive it. Yami took a deep breath, and then slammed his foot into the side of what used to be a door. The car rumbled, and then the door fell off and the rest of the scrap heap exploded right on him. He jumped back, eyes widened in utter bewilderment. He was so sure that anything on television would've worked! After all, Ishtar had sworn to him that Walker, Texas Ranger solved everything. Now, Ishtar was going to die if Yami ever saw him again.
 
“Yeah, like that was any better than my attempt!” Yugi exclaimed sarcastically, smacking Yami over the head. The disgruntled spirit fell over, and then he started yelling back. Of course, both thought the other was dead wrong. So it wasn't even remotely surprising when they started arguing. Ryou and Sami stood there, watching. Neither could tell if they should've been flabbergasted or not, but both were equally as speechless about it. Here they were, stranded in the middle of nowhere, where monsters might come and kill them, and their friends were arguing like children! Sami turned to Ryou after a few minutes, and he didn't need to see her to know her expression was as flat as half the ale she drank.
 
“I feel sorry for Domino right about now,” she stated simply, her voice just as flat as her expression, “If we're the heroes, we're going to get our asses kicked soundly. At this rate, Rath won't even need to do a damn thing.” Ryou just snorted. That part was very well true, only because only Sami and Katt seemed strong enough to take her down. Lay aside that fact, and Ryou really was lucky to be alive at all. He looked at Yugi and Yami again. They didn't seem likely to stop, and they seemed completely oblivious to their current situation: getting away from the monsters first and foremost. That was probably the worst circumstance to be in, and Ryou knew that if it came down to running for their lives, Sami would probably leave them behind if she couldn't stop them. And when it came to arguing, rarely anything was able to stop them.
 
“Should we do anything?” Ryou asked her, as Yugi and Yami finally stopped trying to beat each other up. They were panting heavily from their scuffle. Sami just looked at them in amusement, and then turned a sly smile to Ryou. Something told him she wasn't really concerned for them. And when she spoke, he found he was right.
 
“I'm content to let them beat the shit out of each other,” she replied, “Or stab them. It depends on how much they annoy me.” Ryou's expression froze as he examined Sami's expression. Just how serious was she? He didn't think she'd actually kill his friends, but with her, he never knew just quite what to expect. He'd just have to hope. And, as he watched the two before them continue with their argument, he did just that. He hoped, both that Sami wouldn't harm them, and that they'd wise up and shut up before she did.
 
-----------------------------(End Chapter)
 
After getting some information at the library, despite its lack of use, Ryou now needs to head to the mountain. In what looks like another Mystic attack on his world, he has to find the Esper living at the top of the range, and he now hopes they can help Sami stop this attack. Will that Esper be alive? And will they get to the mountain, hopefully with both Yugi and Yami alive as well? Find out next chapter, so click that Review button!