Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Ryou Bakura: Chaos Master ❯ Amber Casts X-Borgen ( Chapter 24 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

DISCLAIMER: I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh. Takahashi does, and he says he's glad someone sees Ryou for his true strength. Little does he know that this is what fanfiction is for.
 
It'd been an uncomfortable wait for all of them, but Ryou felt quickly that it was pressing down on him the hardest. It was bad enough that Amber might very well be on her way down there already, but to have the blonde man there, too, with the very last orb was just too nerve-racking. And then Sami was angry with him, too. Today really just wasn't his day. Then again, it hardly ever was. He'd taken to waiting with Malik and Yugi, who stayed in a corner further from the door as Sami went along the walls, looking for any sign of a door or crevice that might lead to another room. There was but one; it was locked, and she doubted even Bakura could've opened it. The only other exit was the window, and the blonde man was camped there currently. Every time Sami passed it, he merely leaned back against the frame and grinned. Ryou wanted to wipe that grin from existence.
 
“Okay, this blows,” Malik finally said, shattering the silence, “Sami, is she even here!?” Sami turned to him, a flat expression flitting across her face. Malik forgot how much he actually missed that expression.
 
“Don't be an idiot. We all know she's here,” she stated sharply, “The question is where. Besides, why the hell are you so eager to fight? Are you looking for a quick death?” Malik just snorted and shook his head. If he was going to die, he didn't want his last memory to be of Sami being bitchy to him. But Katt wasn't with them, so he'd have to make do with her sister. He simply shrugged as Yugi glanced at the older woman. He'd kept quiet since he came back, but now with her being so short, he risked his questions. She had never said what she was doing about Amber.
 
“If Amber really does release those spells, how are you going to seal them back up?” he asked her, and she froze. She really hadn't thought of that. Mainly because she didn't actually know how to. But she understood it'd probably involve death. Namely, hers. She didn't want to die, but only an Esper could properly seal them. And she was one. She felt eternally damned with that memory.
 
“That most probably will come to me when I need it,” she replied as calmly as she could. Then she turned back to the wall. There was nothing left to examine, but she had to do something to keep herself occupied. Waiting for Amber was more tiring than fighting her directly. Then again, fighting was one thing Sami actually enjoyed. As she tapped the hilt of her sword, she caught Ryou staring at her. She looked up and asked, “Yes?”
 
“Well… it's just… I'm not sure I understand how this will work,” he said quietly, almost carefully, “Sami, how do Espers die? You said only old age kills them, but what will this seal do to you? Will you really die?” Sami frowned. It was true that very little could kill Espers, but this was one thing she wasn't sure of, either. There had never been a recorded sealing of spells before, because the last one happened so long ago that only the oldest of Espers remembered it. But then, why did Sami know? She couldn't have been that old… could she? Ryou shuddered to even think of her actual age. It was better to assume she was twenty-three. Or twenty-one. Or however old she said she was.
 
“I don't know, because this has never happened before,” she replied softly, “The sealing will, at the very least, exhaust the rest of my power. I may lose it for thousands of years, or even forever. And I may even suffer amnesia from the strain. The problem is that a lot of negative side effects may happen. This is dangerous magic, Ryou, and not all of it will harm Amber. A good amount will hit me, too.” Ryou couldn't suppress a shiver. He didn't doubt that it'd hurt her at all. But she had never spoken of the forbidden spells, or their consequences, until recently. In fact, he'd have guessed she had never even known. Except that she had. And he wanted to know, too.
 
“But will it kill you?” he asked, this time rephrasing, “Will you live?”
 
“Most probably, I will live,” she replied, but her tone sounded grim again, her eyes narrowing, “And chances are, if I'm not killed for it, I'll be forced to head back to Nesce.” Ryou and Yugi both looked at her at the same time. Neither knew what Nesce was, but the name seemed familiar. And likewise, both Yami and Bakura reacted to it. Only Malik seemed the least bit unaware of the name.
 
“What is Nesce?” Yugi asked her. She stopped, and looked over at him. Something in her face changed. She seemed… sad. Ryou took note of it. Then, she looked down again, and her eyes softened further.
 
“Nesce is the world of the Espers,” she told them softly, sadly, “It may be in ruins now… but all Espers eventually return there. I do not know why. But if I go… I might never be able to see you again. I have this feeling, that if I were to ever get there, it would be the end of me.” Ryou's shoulders fell. For once, there wasn't the usual grim undertone to her voice. For once, she seemed almost scared. Ryou bit his lip. Then he put a hand on her shoulder. It caused her to jump, just slightly.
 
“What if we went with you?” he asked her, “What if you didn't have to go alone?” Sami blinked, quickly at first, and then she began to understand what Ryou was getting at. She chuckled, and then she just laughed. It sounded harsh against the metal walls, ringing all around them. Then, she shook her head.
 
“Planning to die with me, eh?” she asked, and smirked, “Ryou, sometimes you're an even bigger idiot than I thought. There's no way you would do this.”
 
“How would you know!?” he demanded, and he found he was harsher than he meant to be. He softened his voice, “Sami… you're one of my closest friends. How can I let this happen to you without doing anything about it? You're crazy if you think I wouldn't go, too.” But if he thought that'd ever discourage her, he found he was wrong. Her smirk just grew, and again, she shook her head. Not because she didn't believe Ryou, but because she knew he was serious. And she didn't approve of it. She doubted she ever would.
 
“You all seem to think I'm insane, so here we are,” she replied, “You want to die, I won't stop you. Just don't expect me to help, either. It's your choice, after all. Now, anyone have anything else to say about it?” Ryou rolled his eyes, but refrained from speaking. Malik just snorted, shrugging as he turned toward the wall. But Sami noticed Yugi wasn't as calm as the others. He seemed tense, and she turned toward where he was gazing. At the doorway. She glanced at him, guessing what might have been wrong. And when he spoke, she found she was right.
 
“I think she's here!” he whispered. Sami just grumbled something incoherent. She should've known as much. Quietly, she motioned for Ryou and Malik to get their weapons ready. She didn't even need to say why, and they obeyed quickly. Then, they all turned toward the door. Nothing stirred, but they heard faint footfalls down the corridor. Which way it was, they couldn't say. But they were sure it didn't matter. Amber was close. Unfortunately, she wasn't close enough for Malik's liking, for he broke the silence soon after Sami motioned for them to stay silent.
 
“Where is she!?” he demanded. Sami growled and clamped his mouth shut with her hand, her sword aimed for the doorway.
 
“Shut up,” the older woman said, and Ryou glanced when he felt a surge of power behind him. When Sami whispered `Weislager,' he understood what that meant. The air in the basement chilled instantly, and then Amber screamed. They heard a crackling of ice, and then a loud crunch that echoed off every wall until it shook the room. Amber rushed in, knowing fully who would do such a thing to her. Only one person in that room, aside from herself, used magic. Her rage went instantly to Sami, who seemed adequately satisfied that she had hit her target. It only doubled when she saw that her spell managed to slash a nice wound across Amber's once-flawless face.
 
“You… little… bitch!” the red-haired girl screamed furiously, eyes gleaming, “You rotten, disgusting, stupid, ugly bitch! I'm going to murder you for that!” Ryou noticed Amber sounded exceedingly exasperated, but Sami didn't appear to care too much. She laughed, and smirked at the young girl. Malik wanted to say she was insane to be so confident, but somehow, he had a feeling at least a little of the woman's smugness was warranted.
 
“Good luck, because not much can kill me,” Sami replied easily, her smirk growing cocky, “Come and get me, you spoiled, little brat!” Ryou didn't think she should be daring that after finding out Rex had been nearly killed, but then again, this was Sami who was speaking. He was pretty sure that, even if Amber used all five spells, Sami might still be standing. She certainly didn't seem concerned, and Amber didn't hesitate. She rushed at Sami furiously, but the older woman easily deflected her attacks and sent her flying across the room with one shot. Amber smashed into the locked door, and Sami's sheer strength blew the door apart, the chains binding it snapping instantly. And as light filtered through, her mouth dropped open. There was one of the orbs, sitting right on the pedestal. Ryou heard her murmur, “Deugverniig.” And Malik simply gasped when he saw the orb.
 
“It was right there!?” he exclaimed, looking at Sami, “We could've smashed it to bits and it was right there!”
 
“You seem to forget who we're dealing with,” the woman replied with a chuckle, “Of course it'd be close by. Now the question is stopping her.” She looked over at Amber, and saw that the girl was on the verge of an absolute panic. Her face paled, her eye twitching as she scrambled up and turned toward the newly accessible room. Sami did so much more than just break the door; she exposed the orb and the machine it was on all at the same time. And she probably broke quite a few other things, too. Amber lost it immediately.
 
WHAT!? No! NO! Not the orb! I have to secure it!!” she shrieked, running into the room. What she was doing, Ryou couldn't say, for he heard nothing but Amber's screams of obscenities toward Sami, and he shook his head. If this was what Rath had thrown at them, it was little wonder she had failed so many times before. Likewise, Sami seemed just as incredulous. But her expression turned serious as she looked at the three of them. She pointed stiffly to the door.
 
“Now's our chance to get the orb. I'll distract her, you go in and grab it,” she said, her voice almost flat, “And by gods, if we fail, it'll be because I used an overly powerful spell to murder her.” Obviously, any threat Amber was supposed to pose was discounted. Ryou just snorted, taking his two friends to try and sneak inside as Sami patiently waited for Amber to come out. The girl stalked out, shaking her head and muttering to herself.
 
“Stupid humans and their stupid resources! Their electricity content isn't strong enough for these orbs!” Amber growled angrily, and then noticed that only one person remained now. And that very person was laughing. Amber's fists clenched as she asked, “What the hell are you laughing at, Winchester!?”
 
“You,” Sami replied simply, her grin growing smug again, “You call yourself a Mystic, yet you've failed multiple times to kill me. Me. I'm not that hard to destroy. But it appears that whatever power you do possess is voided entirely. I'd say with certainty that you're a disgrace to Mystics. Perhaps even to your own mother.” If Sami was hoping to get Amber mad, that definitely did it. Amber's eyes went red, her fangs growing slightly larger as she glared at the older woman. Her hand was shaking as she pointed.
 
SHUT YOUR MOUTH, YOU STUPID IDIOT!” she screeched, eyes gleaming, “AT LEAST I HAVE A MOTHER!
 
“You did, anyway,” Sami corrected, “Rath killed her, remember?” Ryou saw Amber was just about ready to lose it now. He snorted, turning away to help Yugi disconnect something behind the machine. Sami glanced for only a second, and couldn't help but grin further. They were making good progress. All she had to do was keep pushing Amber's buttons.
 
“At least I have a childhood! You're so old, you don't even remember yours!” Amber teased, and Sami just raised a brow, “As far as we're concerned, we know every little thing about you.” That got little to no reaction from Sami. Her grin vanished, but what replaced it was a flat line. She looked vaguely annoyed. Ryou thought that was just as well; she looked normal.
 
“Then it makes it a hell of a lot easier when I go to your world and kick Rath back to Oblivion,” Sami said flatly, and then went smug, “It sure as hell won't take long to kill you. That much, I'm positive of.” But if that were so, Ryou wanted to know why Sami didn't do it already. What was she waiting for? Was she enjoying batting Amber around? Either way, Amber took it.
 
“You're insulting my intelligence!?” she yelled. Ryou was sure Sami couldn't get any cockier. He was quickly proven wrong. Now she looked amused.
 
“I thought that was obvious,” the woman replied, “Then again, it's not like you'd be smart enough to know it. As we all saw, you couldn't even send us to the right world to meet our doom.” Malik snickered, and this time Amber did lose it. She screamed, her nails growing sharp as she lunged to try and rip the woman's throat out. Sami ducked, kicking Amber into the adjoining wall. Then she turned back and said, “NOW!” Ryou didn't hesitate.
 
“Pull!” he commanded, and the three of them pulled a very large cord until they heard a crack. The cord broke free of the wall, taking a good chunk of metal down with it. The orb went from a luminous purple to black, and Ryou took it off the stand. It felt warm, and he felt a swirl of dormant power in it. Quickly, he ran over and handed it to Sami. To her relief, it didn't suffer much damage at all. She looked up at Ryou and smiled.
 
“One orb in our possession,” she said, and then turned, “Let's get back to the blonde man and give this to him.” She half-expected an angry protest from Ryou, but a gasp behind her told her something was wrong. She spun, and her eyes went wide. Amber had recovered, and now Ryou was in her grip. The ring had been sliced off his neck, and Sami saw light gleaming from a pointed object in Amber's hand. A shard of glass. A rather large shard, at that. Sami swore.
 
“Cowardly, little brat!” she spat angrily, grabbing her sword, “Fight me if you dare!” But when she came close, Amber laughed and held the shard closer to Ryou's neck. Sami froze. She saw a drop of blood welling up. Her eyes narrowed angrily. This was definitely forcing her hand.
 
“One more step, Sith, and I'll murder him,” Amber said darkly, “Now give me that orb.”
 
“You're a coward!” Sami screamed at her, eyes blazing red with fury, “To take a hostage!? I'm absolutely appalled! Let Ryou go or I swear I'll unleash an inferno that'll take down three of your worlds at once!” Ryou winced. He didn't know how sure Sami's threat was, but he didn't want to find out. And he knew Amber was stupid enough to take her up on that offer. If only to see if she could do it. Amber moved the knife closer, and a red line appeared on Ryou's neck. He hissed in pain.
 
“It's either that orb or your boyfriend,” Amber replied coolly, “Both of them.” Sami's wings shook, but she knew she had to make a choice. And in the end, she chose Ryou. But she certainly didn't go gracefully. She threw the orb at Amber, and the girl knew it would shatter if she didn't let Ryou go. She leapt up and barely caught it before it could crash into the wall next to her. Ryou stumbled to the ground and crawled away. Sami helped him up, and for once, she looked genuinely upset. She took a deep breath.
 
“You okay, Ryou?” she asked somberly, inspecting his wound. It was a small cut, and though it was bleeding, it would heal relatively quickly. Ryou just smiled for a second. Then he patted her shoulder. She possibly made the most fatal mistake she could.
 
“Why'd you give her the orb?” he whispered, “She'll kill us now.”
 
“I don't want her killing you,” Sami replied, “Now shut up and let me think.” Ryou frowned. That was a blunt request, and honestly, the words stung him. She didn't have to be rude. He watched her pace for a minute.
 
“You regret giving her the orb,” Ryou concluded, when Sami didn't speak again. She halted, looking at him grimly. He knew he hit the nail right on the mark. Then she snorted, and shook her head.
 
“I highly doubt she knows how to unleash them, so until Rath comes here, we should be safe,” Sami reasoned, “Now, while she's cowing over that orb, let's stab her in the back for trying to kill us. Where's your sword?” Ryou blinked profusely. He didn't actually remember where he put it, but he knew he put it down somewhere. He looked around quickly, along the stacks of crates and barrels. But his sword was nowhere in sight. If Sami found out, he might as well be dead. Just then, he caught another figure entering the room. A knot formed in his stomach, as he was unable to make out who it was. But he had a very ill feeling. He backed away.
 
“I have it,” came the voice Ryou had prayed died. The blonde man entered, and the grin he wore was smug and overconfident as he strode in. His leather boots barely made a sound as he crossed the room. His grin widened as he passed Sami, and then he stopped just ten paces short of Ryou. In the shadow, Ryou barely saw the man's good eye. But he saw the grin. It looked almost feral.
 
“Give me that sword!” Ryou demanded, brows creasing. He knew he had no chance of fighting the blonde man, but without that sword, he wouldn't even have a chance against Amber. The blonde man gave a cocky smile, but he didn't hand the sword over. No, he had a much better use for it. For later, however. He just snorted.
 
“I don't think you deserve it,” he said simply, and then turned to Sami, “How're you faring, Sith?” Sami seemed almost shocked, but her face became calm again when she realized he was speaking to her. She nodded, but her expression was grim as she walked toward him. Ryou noticed he seemed to soften as she came close. His eye twitched. He would've really liked to stab the man with his sword. So it was probably best he didn't have it right then.
 
“We could be doing better, but no one's dead yet,” she replied, and the man just laughed, “Now, what are you doing? We need the sword.” Ryou just grinned. The blonde man wouldn't argue with Sami. He knew that. Except the man wasn't handing her the sword. His smile vanished. He stood the sword upright and leaned on it.
 
“What the hell makes you think Ryou's able to use it?” he demanded, so forcefully that it came as a shock to Sami, “Sith, babe, if you haven't noticed, he's not exactly the most effective person when it comes to killing these assholes.” Ryou saw Sami's mouth thin. Somewhere, she believed the blonde man. Ryou wanted to smack her across the face for it, too. He was more than capable to wield it! Didn't she say it chose him? And if it had, it should've been burning the man right then. Sami's expression softened. She walked forward and took the man's hand. His eyes widened.
 
“But you can't use it,” she told him, “I beg of you, give it to him. It will kill you.” Silence fell in the entire room. The man continued to stare, eyes widen and unblinking as he looked at Sami. Ryou couldn't be certain, but he thought the man's eyes watered. Then it was gone. His breathing quickened and he thrust the sword towards Ryou, who jumped back in surprise. The movement was quick enough to slice through him if he wasn't careful.
 
“Why… do you care if I die?” he asked, his gaze never leaving Sami. She froze. Ryou froze too. The man waited patiently, but Sami gave no answer to him. She merely shook her head and turned away.
 
Ryou had never seen Sami cry. At least, he could never remember a time he'd seen the tears. But even though she turned away from them all, he saw them fall. His fists clenched, but not in anger. Only in frustration. He had no idea how to help her; he knew exactly why she cared if the man died or not. He took a breath. He didn't want to admit it, didn't even want to think about it. But it was right there, staring him in the face. He walked over and put a hand on her shoulder. She didn't jump. But she did notice. He knew she had.
 
“Will you be okay?” he asked quietly, as to not scare her. She looked ahead, at the stone wall. Then she nodded grimly. She felt tense. But when she looked back at him, she had a weak smile on her face.
 
“It'll be fine, Ryou,” she said, “We just need to kill Amber and it'll be fine.” Sometimes, he wished she wouldn't lie. Even if they killed Amber ten times, it wouldn't help Sami in any way. But he let her leave it at that. That's just how she worked sometimes. He let go of her, and turned. Amber had come back at that point. She just chuckled.
 
“How disgustingly touching,” she spat, and any amusement she had was dropped, “But you ought not make promises you can't even keep, Sith.” Her face looked gaunt as she spoke, and suddenly Ryou had the distinct feeling they weren't fighting a young girl anymore. Likewise, Sami turned as well. She looked just as dark as she unleashed her sword. Without even an effort, there was a spray of wind that caused Ryou to stagger back from it. The blonde man caught him and kept him from falling.
 
“Use a forbidden spell and it'll be the very last thing you do before my sword's down your throat,” the older woman growled, “What are you up to!?” Ryou shivered, not only from being so close to the man he hated, but from the fury in Sami's voice as well. If Amber were any smarter, she'd have fled at that point. But it was clear she was a damned idiot. She laughed at the older woman. It was such a shrill, shrewd sound. It made Ryou's skin crawl. And it could have shattered windows, if it hadn't already.
 
“You know a lot for someone who doesn't know her own memory,” the younger girl remarked with a smirk, “And here I thought we'd all be disappointed. Do say hello to your father when I send you to…”
 
INFEIRDIM!” Sami screamed before Amber had a chance to finish. Her voice echoed off the walls, and Ryou saw the entire room redden with the fury of a thousand fires. Crates exploded, their metallic edges melting into the floor. Fires erupted all around them, growing to unbelievable sizes in alarming rates. Ryou wasn't so sure how hell should've looked, but Sami seemed to have created it. He and the blonde man backed away, until he noticed something crucial he hadn't noticed before. He wasn't feeling the sparks of overwhelming strength that he normally felt whenever Sami cast. Right then, his nose should've been bleeding. But he felt nothing unusual. Actually, the more the spell came into effect, the more he felt Sami's power ebb away. Something wasn't right.
 
And no sooner had the raging inferno started, that he saw why he felt no power from Sami. Just on the edge of vision, almost as transparent as a hallucination, he saw the formations of a portal. He squinted. He both saw and couldn't see it. But it was definitely there. And as Sami's spell worsened, it grew solid. And in mere seconds, Sami's spell was reduced to nearly nothing. The portal had reached full width. And Sami herself… looked ready to collapse. Ryou and the blonde man both ran to her, both catching her as she fell, dragging her away. The spells had done too much to her.
 
“What is that!?” Ryou heard Malik yell. But he didn't care for an answer. He knew what it was; Amber had to have unleashed X-Borgen. And without Sami, there was little to do to stop it. He held onto her. She felt frail again, just as she had when they'd first taken the crystal from her. He cursed audibly. Why was the cost of using magic so high? If he lost her, someone else would die for it.
 
“We have to move her!” he tried to call to the blonde man, who hoisted Sami into his arms. Ryou could see he was doing his best to handle her gently; her wings were already broken at that point. The man nodded, but saying was easier than doing. There was no place to go; the portal blocked all form of escape for both of them. The man's body shivered. And he breathed deeply. There was only one way to go now.
 
“Hold onto your pants and don't shit in them,” he said to Ryou, and before the boy could stop him, leapt straight into the portal. And Sami was still in his arms. Ryou screamed. He watched as the man dove into the darkness, disappearing from view. And the damn bastard took Sami with him. Ryou's scream worsened. This was unfair. He lost Sami. And it wasn't just to Amber. That horrible man just took her. And he didn't even say anything about it. Ryou suddenly stopped screaming, and his tears dried quickly. His eyes narrowed, and he came to one resolution. That man had to die. He had the means to kill him. Amber just laughed gleefully. Ryou looked up at her.
 
“Very unlike you, to want to kill another!” she commented smoothly, and clapped, “Way to go, Ryou Bakura. It wasn't my intention to let you live, but I want to see just how this battle will play out.”
 
“Where did you send them!?” Ryou demanded angrily, his voice holding a menacing tone he had never used before. But Amber wasn't affected. She smiled and pointed to the portal.
 
“In there,” she said. Ryou just growled. And then he was off. He dove into the portal, straight after the blonde man.
 
Malik had never thought himself as being screwed over eternally. He was just seventeen years old, and he knew his life was too short for him to call perfect, but he never thought he had been royally fucked. Now he knew he was wrong. Ryou had just left for who knew where, and Sami had been dragged away. And that left him with a Mystic. A crazy Mystic who wielded not just one orb, but all five of them, no doubt. And any of the orbs could've killed him right there. That was just great. He shook his head. Of all the stupid things Ryou could've done, actually listening to Amber had to be the stupidest.
 
“Damn idiot had to get angry and let that guy get into his head,” Malik huffed in disbelief, turning to Yugi, “This blows.” Yugi nodded absently, but he wasn't paying attention to his friend. He merely looked at the damage X-Borgen had done. Or lack of damage, to be more precise. The portal was still there, still whirring in mid-air, but it hadn't destroyed anything. Unlike Sami's spell, which left pretty much everything save for the two of them in crumbling piles of ash. They were lucky to even be standing. But their friends weren't. Yugi saw Ryou head right into the portal. He frowned.
 
“You don't think they died, do you?” he asked. Malik stopped speaking, and looked down. He didn't want them to be dead, but realistically, if Amber sent them straight to Oblivion, they probably were. But it couldn't have been so simple! Amber would've been celebrating. And she said clearly she was letting Ryou live. He shook his head again. No, they couldn't be dead.
 
“I think Amber's playing another game,” he corrected, and frowned, “Unfortunately, Sami's gone and none of us are good at chess.” Yugi just snorted, remembering the reference Sami had made. Malik was right, in any case. Only Kaiba was particularly good at chess, and he was at odds with Sami anyway. Not that he could've been any help. Against a Mystic, Yugi doubted he'd last as long as they did.
 
“Should we try and stop her?” he asked Malik, referring to Amber. Malik didn't even need to take a moment to think to know just how dumb that plan was.
 
“Nah. I don't feel like dying, and Sam's going to shit bricks if she finds out we decided to be just as insane as she is,” Malik reasoned, “No, we'll look for Katt and we'll do as Sami said. We'll leave Domino.” It was clear Yugi didn't like that idea, but they had no other choice. Malik was right again. They couldn't stop Amber. So, they left the room. Amber was waiting patiently for Ryou to return, and she gave no objection to their flight. Whether she did it purposely or not, Malik didn't know. But as they climbed out of the basement and ran through the kitchen, he was just glad. Only when they ran through what had once been the front doors, did they speak again on the subject.
 
“But won't that do more damage than good!?” Yugi asked, panting from how quickly they had run. Malik stopped. For once, running away started looking bad. But what else could they do? He couldn't let them both walk right into death, and Sami had said specifically to run away should anything happen to her. And a lot of stuff happened. He took a breath. This was a lot harder than he thought it would be.
 
“It's all up to Sami now,” he said sternly, “Now let's go find Rex and Joey.” He knew that even if Yugi didn't trust him, he trusted Sami. The small boy just nodded, and together, they walked out into the barren lot across the street. Whatever was going to happen, they had to leave it in Sami's hands again. But somehow, they knew they could trust her to finish the job. All they needed to focus on was getting everyone back safely. And that was all they could do. At least, Malik told himself that as they walked.
 
-----------------------------(End Chapter)
 
Just when Ryou comes close to obtaining an orb and tipping the odds into his team's favor, Amber decides to have one more show, and sends him delving into Oblivion to stop the blonde man and save Sami's life. With time dwindling with each fragile second, will Ryou be able to find Sami and bring her out to stop Amber? Or will the world fall into eternal night with the forbidden orbs? Find out next chapter, so click that Review button!