Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Ryou Bakura: Game Master! ❯ Aiding the Outcasts ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

DISCLAIMER: I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh or Final Fantasy 6. Takahashi owns Yu-Gi-Oh, and he disapproves of Malik getting over his fear. SquareSoft owns Final Fantasy, and they don't care if Malik goes through a cave.
 
“Sith, I can't believe we had to do that!” Ryou exclaimed as he carried Malik through the cave, looking up at the woman in question, “Was killing him truly necessary?” Sith watched him grimly, and nodded, crossing her arms as Bakura sat behind her, watching in amusement. Although Malik had displayed some level of bravery when they first came to the cave, it hadn't taken too long for him to want to run like a bat out of hell. And, unfortunately for him, Sith was much quicker with her orders. Ryou had been unwilling to attack his own friend, but Yugi was more loyal to Sith's cause. He had, rather reluctantly, smacked Malik over the head with the hilt of his sword, instantly ridding them of their obstacle. But neither had liked it. Sith, however, seemed indifferent to it. She was simply annoyed that Malik was there at all.
 
“No, but I thought we wanted to get you out of there,” she answered simply, without much hint to her current emotion, “It's either that or we let the little bastard run off and get himself killed by some other monster. Trust me, I'm not risking that one.” Ryou snorted, shaking his head. He couldn't really see what the difference between Sith killing Malik and a monster killing him was, but obviously it had some significance to Sith.
 
“It's still wrong,” Ryou replied, and Sith actually laughed. She gave him a sly grin, and he knew she didn't actually care if it was right or not. To her, it was right simply because it gave her less to have a headache over, and it didn't exactly hinder them in any way, either. But Sith always thought differently from the others. Even Yugi, who initially supported Sith's cause, frowned at her laughter.
 
“Yeah. If he's dead, wouldn't that improve our chances of dying, too?” he asked, and Sith stopped flat. That was true, as much as she hated to admit it. But Ryou didn't need to hear that. Unfortunately, Yami was sitting next to Sith, and he had heard. He glanced at her with concern.
 
“They won't die, will they?” he whispered, but Sith didn't answer him straightaway. Which meant that they probably already had. His eyes widened and his voice grew with alarm, “Sith!?”
 
“They've died already, and you can thank that moron of a man, Yaten Bakura,” she grumbled in reply, and Yami's mouth dropped. Yaten! That was who she chose to play with first!? Yami couldn't think of a worse partner even if he wanted to. He shook his head and crossed his arms, letting out a sigh.
 
“You honestly chose him to help you?” he asked, half amused and half unbelieving, “What in hell were you thinking!? Are you insane!?” Sith's brows creased furiously. She'd been asked that so many times, that she was certain she'd be rich if she demanded a penny for every time that question came up. If Yami hadn't been such a close friend, she'd have probably sent his head flying through the window. With or without her sword. She glared at him now, both insulted and a little hurt with the accusation.
 
“You act as though I had a choice!” she cried, exasperation masking her true anger, “What did you want me to do? Refuse!?” She snorted, and her frown turned to a cold smile, “He'd have tossed me out on my ass the second he could.” Yami wanted to yell, but at that prospect, he understood her precarious situation. Outside wasn't an entirely safe place for her, especially if a Mystic knew where she was and that she and Ryou were worlds apart, literally. Ryou himself seemed to understand now why she was more cross than usual. He frowned.
 
“He what!?” Ryou demanded, nearly dropping Malik. Sith nodded grimly, and looked down for a second.
 
“He said that if I didn't share, he'd toss me out by nightfall,” she replied calmly, but there was a tone to her Ryou was concerned with, “I actually like living with you, too.” Ryou nodded. Even though she had grown somewhat distant to him during the past few months, they still enjoyed each other's companionship. His lips thinned. If Yaten wasn't careful, Sith wouldn't be the only one leaving. He shook his head.
 
“If he does it again, leave him to me,” he told her, “I know how to deal with him.” Sith nodded, and then she moved him through the cave, heading down what looked like, to him, a narrow path that inclined and wound around a stalagmite. He felt the air cooling considerably, and the smell of earth was strong and nearly offensive. Malik, who was unconscious not some five minutes ago, stirred.
 
“What… where the hell are we?” he mumbled, opening an eye. But all he saw was darkness at first, “What the hell? And… ugh, why does my head hurt?” He tried to look around, but could only see Ryou's white hair in the darkness. But Ryou didn't speak. Sith, instead, took the liberty of answering. Considering that she had a motive to inflict pain, Malik became nervous at the mere sound of her voice.
 
“Because we needed an alternative to move your sorry ass,” the older woman grumbled, and Malik decided that was as good an answer as he should've been expecting. Ryou set him down, and at first Malik couldn't see why. Then, suddenly, torches seemed to blare and he squinted his eyes. In the light, he saw a monster creeping along the path. Ryou and Yugi already drew their weapons. But Malik was too repulsed by the creature to bother. Barely a foot high, it had the body of a furry slug with a large red eye in the center. His eye twitched. Such a thing shouldn't have been created by a god.
 
“Just what the hell is that thing!?” he demanded, looking up at Sith.
 
“I think it's a monster,” Yugi pointed out blandly, raising a confused eyebrow. Carefully, he poked it with his sword, and it made a squish sound as its body retracted. Malik's eye twitched again. He didn't know what it was ever supposed to be, but it didn't matter. It'd be dead in a few short moments.
 
“It's fucking hideous, that's what it is!” he declared, and pounded his fists together, “No worries. Let me unleash some ownage and we won't need to look at it anymore.” Ryou just snorted. Malik was only assuming the thing could even be fought, since they hadn't even gotten into a battle yet. Hana smiled warmly, and Sephira just giggled as they watched. To them, the monster looked absolutely harmless. And judging by Sith's expression, she didn't think it could hurt them, either.
 
“It's kind of cute,” Hana said, and Malik stared at her in utter disbelief. To him, that thing was a monstrosity that would never be cute, even if he spent ten million years locked up with it. His eye twitched again.
 
“Cute? CUTE!? That thing isn't cute!” he screeched, “It's hairy and disgusting and it has ONE EYE!” He pointed his finger at it, and it squished again as it sniffed his hand. Taking it away, Malik twitched and screamed, “STOP THAT!” He punched it, but his fist simply went into soft blubber. Screaming, he retrieved it. That was one reaction he hadn't expected. But Sith had. Bakura turned when he heard her laughing.
 
“What happened?” he asked flatly, knowing she knew damn well what went wrong. Her smile went sly, almost smug.
 
“Damn thing's immune to physical attacks,” she told them in amusement, “Some monsters are, but don't worry. There's got to be something that kills them.”
 
“Like what!?” Yugi cried, realizing that they had very little in their arsenal that didn't require weapons or wasn't a healing spell. Sith rose a brow, unimpressed with his worry. Ishtar seemed similarly affected, and snorted softly.
 
“Magic, for starters,” he replied flatly, “Use your fire spell, you idiot.” Yugi growled, but he did just that. And for once, Ishtar hadn't been lying. The creature shrieked in agony as flames engulfed its body. Then, it simply burst apart, spraying them with a sickly red goo that spewed from its single eye. The experience was worth it; they each gained another level, as well as twenty gold pieces. Unfortunately, the resulting spatter marred it terribly. But only Malik chose to ignore that.
 
“Burn in hell, you mutated snail!” he laughed, but a quick jerk of movement told him Sith didn't want to give him time to taunt the dead. Ryou and Yugi walked along more than willingly. The sooner they were out of the cave, the better. And for a few minutes, the trip seemed peaceful. But when they reached the second to last room, Ryou heard rumbling, and felt a tremor from some distance away. He frowned. That couldn't have been too good, but they kept going nonetheless. With Sith growing more concerned at each step.
 
“What could that be?” Yugi whispered, as the rumbling grew louder. No one answered, but the look on Sith's face was answer enough. She looked absolutely mortified. She grabbed the guide and flipped through it quickly, stopping on one page. Her face went white as Yugi asked, “What's going on?” Ryou had a feeling he didn't want to know. Nothing really scared Sith too much, but when something did, it was usually pretty bad.
 
“We're dead,” she said monotonously, and the words sounded so definite that Ryou nearly passed out at her tone, “Game's corrupting again, and that sound is the sound of a boss we shouldn't even be worrying about until much, much later.” Ryou should've known this cave had been too easy. He frowned, and Malik looked up at Sith this time. She looked worried, but there was a spark of determination to her.
 
“We running away?” he asked, and she didn't answer except to push down the O button and rush Ryou right down the path. He screamed as his body was pushed along, but he didn't try to resist. Obviously, whatever was happening scared Sith, and he didn't want to know just what it could've been. Not even three minutes later, after narrowing rolling out of the way of a boulder, Ryou, Yugi, and Malik all burst out of the cave, all three screaming, all three gasping at air as though they couldn't get enough. But there was no rest for heroes, for just as Malik looked up, he screeched and dove for the ground. Something had swooped over him, and it initiated a battle. Bakura stood up angrily, unable to believe the shitty luck Ryou was having.
 
“What is it with these monsters!?” he spat in disgust, crossing his arms defiantly, “It's like they simply wait and plot just how they plan on killing you! They're as bad as those damn mockers!” Sith proceeded to simply ignore him, as she usually did. But Ishtar started his insane laughter again, and when Bakura turned, he practically screamed, “Why the fuck are you laughing at me!?
 
“Turn around, idiot,” the younger spirit said with amusement. Bakura turned. And immediately regretted it. For Ryou was indeed in a battle: a battle against three very large, very angry-looking birds that could've easily ripped them apart. Bakura's eyes bulged at the sight. He wished he were there just so he could banish them from time.
 
I TOLD YOU! I TOLD EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU THAT THEY WERE MOCKING US!” Bakura screeched, glaring at Sith with twitching eyes, “THEY'RE GOING TO KILL US NOW! WE'LL BE OVERRUN BY THOSE…” Sith finally lost it. She stood and smacked him hard across his face, and she moved with such speed that he couldn't even react before crashing onto the ground.
 
“Bakura, shut your mouth this instant!” she commanded angrily, and Bakura was forced to obey. Whether it was out of fear or just being paralyzed from her blow, Ryou didn't know, but she did the trick. For a moment, silence reigned as she sat down. Then Sephira let out a low whistle, rocking on the couch.
 
“I feel bad knowing this'll be your family,” she commented, and realized that created more tension than relieve it. Sith stopped for a moment, and Ryou looked up at her. That same distant look that had come over her months ago, when he proposed, appeared again.
 
“…” Sith said nothing, but then continued playing. Ryou and Malik exchanged nervous glances, neither one able to understand what was wrong. Ryou looked up at her again. And again, he saw that pained face, eyes clouded with something he couldn't quite grasp.
 
“Sith, are you all right?” he asked her, and she nodded, smiling. But it felt so weak and forced. Like most of her reactions over the past few months.
 
“…yes,” was all she said, and Malik sighed until he saw something else swoop toward them. Unfortunately, Sith was so distracted, she didn't react. Bakura took her controller, more than willing to show those feathered bastards how he felt about them. But when she saw his movement, she smacked his hand away.
 
I'll deal with this,” she snapped, and it was clear she didn't want another repeat of what Yaten had done. She had Yugi blast everything with Fire until the monsters were all dead. But even then, she didn't notice as their experience points mounted up. Ryou's frown turned to a scowl. He'd been dealing with this for months, but now he had to know what the hell was wrong with her. She normally never went unfocused like this.
 
“Sith, what the hell's wrong?” he demanded with more fury than he had meant, “You're not you right now.” But Sith wasn't in the mood to talk, and her eyes narrowed. He stood practically on his tip toes, trying to hear her. She seemed to be mumbling her answer.
 
“…can't believe it myself,” she mumbled, seeming to slip in and out of the Esper tongue, “Can't believe it… wished she hadn't said that to me…” Yami and Bakura exchanged worried glances. Normally, Sith didn't mutter. She grumbled and fumed, but she never muttered. Yami looked the woman over carefully.
 
“Sith, what's wrong?” the old spirit asked gently, “Who said what to you?” Sith realized that she was muttering, and began to explain their actual situation. Ryou listening as she spoke, still unable to believe that somehow, somewhere, those damned Mystics were after her again. And when she finished, everyone had fallen silent. Her story was fanatical, but considering the state the city was in, it wasn't unbelievable. Bakura let out a long, low whistle, the only sound made in what felt like a long time.
 
“So now Ryou's stuck in a world where you can't help him,” the old thief observed, “Why do that?”
 
“Like I know,” Sith grumbled irritably, “Falnika's doing this to annoy the crap out of us, first and foremost. Then there's what I did in the past. That's enough of a reason to separate us.” Bakura nodded, but didn't comment. That part of Sith's life was still shady, because technically no one told her what she had done, and it wasn't like she remembered, either. Ryou looked up at her, and took a breath as he spoke next.
 
“Relax a little bit. There's nothing she can do that would stop us,” he said assuredly. But Sith wasn't remotely convinced. Her black brow rose, and amusement creased her smile now.
 
“Except to kill you,” she reminded him pointedly, “Which she can probably do very easily.” Ryou wished he had the guts to tell her to shut up.
 
Within five minutes on Sith's part, and four hours on Ryou's, a small town began to spring up over the horizon. That was cause for relief; the party was running dangerously low on potions, and Sith soon saw Bakura's skills in gaming were very under par. She explained briefly to Ryou what their objective in town was, and no one protested at the chance to rest up. But when Ryou entered the gates, he stopped suddenly and noticed a movement in the shadows. He alerted it to Sith, and Sephira watched as the man walked into the bar, glancing around to see if anyone had followed him. She looked at Sith.
 
“Looks suspicious if you ask me,” the younger girl replied, to which Sith simply nodded, not truly concerned about that. Bakura took that opening and snorted.
 
“Holy crap, it's a PERSON! You NEVER see those in a town!” he exclaimed sarcastically, “Well, let's follow him! He MUST be important if he's going into a BAR!” Sephira took offense, but Sith was faster. She smacked Bakura over the head, and the spirit fell over, slamming his head into the table by accident. He received no pity from it, either, as he found Sith glaring at him behind her red lenses.
 
“Actually, jackass, he's important,” she told him flatly, “Now shut up and let me concentrate. From what I remember, the objective of this game is to take down the empire that's enslaving the land. And he's one of the few who knows their secret.” As she spoke, she was already moving them toward the bar, though Ryou noticed she made them move slowly. He guessed she was being cautious.
 
“An empire? Like on Star Wars?” Yugi asked, and Sith stopped and blinked. Of all the convoluted comparisons to make, he had to pick the one she despised the most. She grumbled a bit, and then shook her head.
 
“That's a movie,” she pointed out in frustration, “This is a wide-scale organization. The two have nothing to do with the other.” Ryou wanted to remind her that they were in a game and that Yugi had a right to compare them, but he didn't. Sith was upset enough. As they entered the bar, they noticed that the lights were dim, even in the daylight. The air was also stale, too, as though a window hadn't been cracked for years. Sith rose a brow. That wasn't like a bar she'd been to before; this place seemed deserted, from the looks of the entrance. Malik shivered, looking up a narrow staircase to a floor above.
 
“I think we should just skip town and run,” he whispered. Sith looked down at him crossly.
 
“I think you need to shut up,” she replied, “Look, we need to know how badly Falnika's screwed this world up, and the only way is with information. I'm sure that man's seen something that might help us. Now stop whimpering and get moving. We've got a world to save.” Malik grumbled, but didn't argue. Even in a different world, Sith was threatening; there was still the ever-present chance that she'd shut the game off. Malik knew better than to test her thin patience.
 
---
 
Upstairs in his room, Yaten sat at his messy, unkempt desk, looking out of the window. Hours had passed by since he saw Ryou, and while Sith didn't appear to be the least bit concerned, Yaten was a different matter. He was a parent, first of all; he felt it was his sworn duty to know where his son was at every single waking moment of the day, and the fact that he hadn't even called the boy's cell phone was a huge leap back from what he'd been trying to accomplish. He stood up, and paced around whatever part of the floor wasn't littered with garbage. And when he made a full circuit, he snapped his fingers. Whether or not he had a good idea was questionable, but he felt now he had a clue as to what was going on.
 
“Aha! It's obvious!” he exclaimed, turning to the window and grinning evilly, “I don't know why I didn't see it before! My son has been kidnapped! This calls for immediate attention!” Figuring that his conclusion was indeed what had happened, Yaten grabbed the dirty telephone off of the equally dirty handset and dialed a number quickly, sitting on the messily made bed.
 
“DCPD. Officer Rex Raptor speaking. How may I help you?” came Rex's voice from the other end. Yaten's eye twitched, and quickly, he spoke of his ordeal. To him, this was worthy of the tabloids.
 
“Listen, sir, you have to help me!” Yaten cried, truly desperate to find Ryou, “My son's missing and I have no idea where he is! He's a good boy, and he never runs away like this! Sure, he used to wet the bed, and he never really liked eating oatmeal, but he's a good boy! I must know where my boy is!” It was pretty obvious to Rex that Yaten would have a complete breakdown soon. Sighing, he grabbed a notebook.
 
“Calm down, sir. What is the boy's name, and how long has he been missing?” Rex asked. Yaten breathed deeply, calming his nerves just enough so that he didn't give himself a heart attack.
 
“His name is Ryou Bakura, and he's been missing for nearly five hours now,” Yaten replied, and then began hyperventilating again, “Please, do something! My boy can't be out by himself! He's terrified of the dark!” Rex's eyes narrowed, both from having to listen to the deranged ramblings of an unstable father, and from the fact that technically, Ryou wasn't missing just yet.
 
“Mr. Bakura, I can't actually do a search unless he's been gone for more than twenty-four hours,” Rex said flatly, “Department rules.” Yaten's eye twitched and he grabbed the phone.
 
CAN'T YOU MORONS DO ANYTHING!?” he yelled loudly, not caring who heard, or if he yelled loudly enough to warrant Rex going deaf, “My son is MISSING!” Unfortunately, if he thought that'd get any sympathy, Yaten was soon to be mistaken.
 
“Look, pal, the best I can do is ask his little friends if they've seen him!” Rex retorted, equally as loudly, “You understand that I could be fired for doing a pre-limited search, don't you!?” Yaten stopped, considering that statement. He didn't really want anyone to be fired over his son, but he was worried about Ryou. Finally, he made a decision.
 
“Just do whatever you can. He's my son,” Yaten replied, sighing, “He'll never grow if I can't continue feeding him his veggies.” With that, both men hung up. Rex grabbed his long coat and cap, jumping out of his office window. He landed on a moving truck below, going off into the slowly setting sun, as evening began to fall. Now, his newest job had begun, and he couldn't… no! He wouldn't fail!
 
---
 
The entrance hadn't looked too promising, and when Ryou and his friends trudged up the stairs, any hopes they did have for the place went fleeing to the countryside. The bar had been all but shut up, and the fact that the door was unlocked was a shock no one could understand. Only a few low candles burned, and every surface seemed covered in dust. The air smelled of dust and ale, and Sith didn't trust any of the seats that were empty. The only good thing was that, amidst the ruin of the bar, all of the main characters to the Final Fantasy universe were sitting there, whether they were in the current game or not. Ryou looked around in confusion. He recognized no one, but knew this wasn't part of any game Sith had ever played.
 
“What the hell happened?” he breathed, more to himself than to anyone in particular. One woman, a green-haired girl no older than he, looked over at him dismally. She looked miserable; Ryou couldn't begin to blame her.
 
“All of our worlds are colliding with one another,” she told him quietly, almost shyly, “At first it started off as people from different worlds suddenly appearing in ours, but then massive shifts began to happen. We began losing actual landscapes, too.” She looked away and shook her head, “I'd say we're used to it by now, but that's like saying we're used to earthquakes.”
 
“We're losing a lot from these shifts, too,” said a gray-haired young man sitting next to the woman, “Houses, caves, people, loot, hell, even whole towns are collapsing from this. And what the hell are we gaining!? A bunch of people we don't even know.” He jerked a thumb toward a man in black clothing toward the back of the room, “We sent Shadow over there to investigate.”
 
“And was it Kefka who did this?” Sith asked. A young man with spiky, blonde hair shook his head as he sipped a tankard of what could've been stale beer. He barely noticed that he managed to spill its contents. He barely even seemed to notice he was speaking to her, either.
 
“Nope. None of the usual bad guys caused this crap,” he told her, “This time it was some wench in a gray cloak. Said some shit about a creature called Mystics and left. When we saw her was when all this shit happened, so I blame her fully.” Ryou wasn't sure he could trust the advice of an obviously drunken man, but Sith seemed to take the words more seriously. Her lips thinned, and when no one spoke again, the man took another big swig of his ale. Then, Sith looked down at Ryou.
 
“She's causing multiple worlds to collide,” she told him grimly, “She's going to cause Oblivion to collapse if she doesn't stop.” Ryou couldn't see how that would do anything; they were inside a game. But he didn't question Sith again, for he knew they didn't have the time to debate it. Yugi turned toward the stairs, and looked down them. Only a ray of wan light spilled from the doorway.
 
“We'd better stop her, then,” he stated, “Where do we go from here?” Sith glanced at Hana, who currently held the guide. The girl glanced down at it quickly, and then shrugged.
 
“Mt. Koltz is the next destination. Not too far a walk from the town, from the sound of it,” she reasoned. Sith nodded, and Ryou turned to follow Yugi, who had already run down the stairs. But a quick `Wait!' stopped him, and when he looked back, a bear of a man came rushing toward them, stopping just inches from Ryou. He panted heavily; he must've been training for something beforehand. Ryou rose a brow as he regarded the man.
 
“Is something wrong, sir?” he asked, slightly confused. The man took a long moment to catch his breath; Ryou couldn't help but wonder what would tire such a person out so much. Then, the man spoke.
 
“Yeah. I don't want a bunch of children up on Mt. Koltz,” he replied, crossing his massive arms, “I'm going too.” Normally, Ryou would've jumped at the chance for another party member. The man definitely looked like he could take down a couple of monster. But when he looked up at Sith, she shook her head. And many of the other patrons of the musty bar seemed against it as well. One man actually threw his spear down and motioned for the other to sit down.
 
“Sabin, what in hell you think yer doin', you idiot!?” the second man asked, “We can't go and do that, we'll just be slaughtered like the rest `o them idiots!”
 
“Cid, be reasonable for once!” Sabin yelled back, slamming a fist on the nearest table, and nearly cracking it, “Some nutjob we don't even know is causing all of our worlds to collide! Well, I'm not standing for it! I'm going, and that's final!” And that seemed to be the end of it, for no one else spoke for quite some time. Ryou risked a glance up at Sith. She seemed taken aback a bit by Sabin's words. But only a bit. Her brow rose again.
 
“Since you all seem so eager to prematurely end your lives, is it possible for me to say something?” she asked, half-amused and half-annoyed. Everyone turned to the general direction of her voice; they met a screen depicting Ryou's living room.
 
“What in the world is that!?” the gray-haired man exclaimed, nearly falling off his seat, “And who the hell are you!?”
 
“That would be the person who's going to save your sorry asses,” Malik told him smugly. Sith proceeded to ignore him.
 
“If we're going to beat the Mystic who's doing this, I don't think it's in anyone's best interest to help us out,” she explained seriously, all mirth gone from her voice, “Your worlds have few heroes left now, and I know this. We can't go killing the ones who're still alive. You can tell us what you know, but you're not coming with us.” That seemed to dampen Sabin's spirit. He opened his mouth to protest, but ended up closing it and looking down. Sith knew she had hit the nail.
 
“Damn it, the woman's right,” Sabin said in defeat, “But I'll be damned to let you go without some help. Here…” He reached into a pocket and took out a purple crystal shard, handing it to Ryou, “This'll teach you the Bum Rush. That should be able to help you.” Ryou smiled, and after a quick consort with Sith, determined that Malik should learn it. Malik took it without a moment's thought and put it in his pocket, giving Sabin a huge grin.
 
“Thanks a ton!” he exclaimed, and laughed as he clapped Ryou on the back, “Well, buddy, let's go save the world with my newfound power.” Neither Ryou nor Sith were too enthusiastic about letting Malik run the show, but neither offered an objection; for once, Malik was motivated. Sith wished the patrons a farewell, and then moved Ryou's team out of the bar. But then, she stopped, and her ears perked. Ryou glanced up; she looked gaunt, and it was clear something in his house wasn't quite right.
 
“Sith, what's wrong?” Sephira asked, as the older woman sniffed the air for a moment. Her wings twitched.
 
“I hear something… I'll be right back,” Sith replied grimly, running up the stairs, “Yami, take control for me!” Then, she was gone as she rushed up the stairs towards a noise that now was very audible. It sounded like a loud thump. Everyone blinked and murmured, wondering what it could've been, until Sephira spoke up again.
 
“But what do we…” she began, but Sith simply called back down.
 
“I trust you! I'll be right back!” she called, and then ran through the upstairs hallway. She passed Amane's old room, passed her room, then Ryou's room, and stopped at the end of the hall where a lone door stood. Yaten's room was dead ahead, and Sith narrowed her eyes in annoyance; that was where she was feeling the disturbance. Sighing, she laid a hand on the door.
 
“If you are doing anything suspicious, you are dead.” Then, she turned the knob, not entirely sure what she should've been expecting on the other side.
 
-----------------------------(End Chapter)
 
And so, with information and exposition abound, Ryou and his friends now must advance onto Mt. Klotz, where the Mystic may or may not be. But, what perils await them on the mountaintop? With Sith leaving the game in Yami's hand, can they survive any fights they have? And just what did Sith hear from Yaten's room? Find out next chapter, so click that Review button!