Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Ryou Bakura: Game Master! ❯ Freeing Aeon ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

DISCLAIMER: I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh, Final Fantasy 6, Death Note, or Castlevania. Takahashi owns Yu-Gi-Oh, SquareSoft owns Final Fantasy, Ohba owns Death Note, and Konami owns Castlevania. Not one of them approves of such a wild mix of crossovers.
 
It was hard to accept that Sith might very well have been dead. Ryou found it nearly impossible to believe. But when Matt had insisted on going ahead, Ryou knew he had no reason to argue. Sith had gone to face Atma alone; there was a good chance that she hadn't lived through it. For as old and as powerful as she was, he knew Atma was far older and far more powerful. And Atma, as well as any Esper Sith had met, wanted her as dead as Rath did. Or so he thought.
 
As they walked down one long corridor, Ryou began to wonder if there was a chance Sith did live. He hadn't actually seen her die, after all. If she did, Falnika would have thrown the world in complete chaos by now. And she hadn't yet. Maybe Matt wasn't trying to make him believe Sith was dead. Maybe he was just trying to stall for time. He had Sith's last order, after all. And in Ryou's terror of the prior incident, he hadn't heard what that order was. Maybe Sith had a few more tricks up her sleeves. She always seemed to have those.
 
“So, where the hell are you taking us?” Ryou heard Malik ask, and winced when his voice bounced mercilessly down the corridor, expanding to many times past the decibel level he wanted. But it was a valid question. For all they knew, Matt was leading them to their deaths.
 
“It isn't obvious? I'm taking you guys out of this world,” Matt replied without looking back, “Leave this shit to Sith and Mello. They can handle it.”
 
“And we can't?” Ryou asked, and suddenly stopped. Matt did turn this time, and he didn't miss the animosity in Ryou's eyes. Eyes narrowed, Ryou said, “You think we're weak.” Matt shrugged simply; it was as if this wasn't even worrying him.
 
“Actually, I think you're kind of stupid,” the red-head stated, and when Ryou's brows creased, he added, “Look, kid, I like anyone stupid enough to pick a fight with Mello. But be realistic here. Do you even have any idea what you're up against?” Ryou was about to counter him, but he realized Matt was right. What did he actually know about Rath? Not a hell of a lot, he had to admit. The only bits he knew were whatever Sith told him. And that wasn't much, either.
 
“Then tell us,” Ryou said grimly. Matt just grinned. Obviously, he didn't want to live. Except that he knew Ryou was no threat.
 
“Why? So you can go and screw that up, too?” Matt retorted, and Ryou's mouth dropped, “You have any idea how messed up this is? Ryou, I hate to tell you this, but you just get in Sith's way. You don't help her as much as she says you do.” Ryou's fists clenched and he felt his shoulders tremble. Who the hell did Matt think he was, to assume anything Sith said? Ryou turned away sharply, glaring at Malik and Yugi. They had the good sense to remain silent.
 
“We're leaving,” Ryou said angrily, pushing past them back down the hall, “Let's get Sith and go. We're not doing this.” Malik almost protested, but by that time, Ryou was too far ahead. Matt, however, wasn't ready to let him leave. He wasn't ready to let go of Sith.
 
“So you're seriously running away now?” Ryou heard Matt ask, “Man, that's pathetic. No wonder Mello hates you. Just how did you get Sith's attention?” That was pushing it too far. Ryou felt his blood boil; Matt just asked to die.
 
SHUT UP!” Ryou screamed, turning and lunging toward the older man, taking his gun out. But Matt was prepared for him. He took out a gun of his own and shot a pellet to the ground. It exploded on contact, and a thick veil of smoke rose up out of the cracked capsule. Ryou stopped dead in his tracks; it was all he could do to breathe now.
 
“You want Sith so badly? Prepare to get your ass handed to you,” Matt said from beyond the smoke, “'Cause you're going to have to fight me, Mello, and Aeon before you even get your hands on her again.” Ryou could only cough as a response. He had come way too close to Matt's attack, and the smoke was choking him. Malik was further behind, and he took Ryou's cue. He cracked his knuckles.
 
“Why?” Malik asked gravely, his voice going across the veil without difficulty, “What's going on with you three and Sith?”
 
“Why would you assholes even care?” Matt retorted. Ryou noticed there was a new level of fury to him that he hadn't sensed in Matt before. Before, the red-head had been calm, almost carefree. But now… it was as if Sith's death devastated Matt. No, it did devastate him. Malik's grim visage softened.
 
“You… you love her,” Malik said gently. Matt shook visibly.
 
“It was hard enough when she left Mel and I in the first place, you know?” he said, his voice cracking a bit, “We spent twenty years trying to find her, and what do we find? She's stuck in this shithole of a world, with some… some… with YOU!” He pointed directly at Ryou, and as the smoke fell away, Ryou saw rivulets of tears had fallen down his face. Ryou felt his insides quiver. How many enemies was he making?
 
“That's… that's not my fault,” Ryou reasoned. But it sounded pathetic, in that moment, even to his own ears. Matt's arm lowered.
 
“Isn't it?” Matt asked him, and Ryou looked away, “We all tried to tell you to back off, Ryou. Sith isn't yours; she never was. You didn't listen to Aeon, and you definitely won't listen to Mello. So listen to me, instead.” Ryou felt he should at least try to hear Matt out. He looked up. Matt looked half-destroyed already.
 
“You're going to stop the marriage,” Ryou reasoned, and when Matt nodded, he asked, “What if I go through with it anyway?” Matt swallowed hard, and took out another gun. This one was a rifle, not unlike the one Mello so lovingly favored.
 
“Then I kill you right here and now,” he said, and took his aim, “What's the choice, Ryou?” Ryou's eyes widened in fear. He was supposed to make that decision right then? How could Matt even ask that? He was about to speak - whatever he was going to say, he wasn't sure - when someone else entered the room. He turned quickly. It was Sith, with Mello right behind her. She held up her gloved hand; it was sparkling with silver.
 
“Do it, Matt, and I'll stop the bullet,” she said seriously, “This bickering ends now. This isn't the time to kill each other.” Matt frowned, and put the gun away as he walked over to meet her. He was about to pull her into a hug; he then thought better of it and simply smiled.
 
“You two get into any trouble while I was gone?” he joked, but Sith wasn't in the mood to play. She held up something Ryou couldn't quite see yet. It was a golden watch, though it was dented and cracked on one side.
 
“Aeon's here,” she stated grimly, and pocketed the watch, “And he's injured. There was blood all over the watch, and I know him. He wouldn't give up the watch without a fight or two.” Matt's grin faded. Blood meant only two things: either Aeon was close to being dead, or he had performed a spell requiring his blood. Right then, Matt wasn't sure which was true. He turned to Mello, but even the blonde nodded a grim affirmative.
 
“He doesn't have too much time left,” Mello said darkly, and turned to Ryou, “As much as I'd love to see you dead, Aeon's much more important to me. You're lucky.” Ryou growled angrily, but before he could protest, Mello turned to Sith and said, “Let's get going.”
 
“And what about us?” Yugi asked. Sith looked down at him and smiled weakly. As much as she wanted them by her side, the going was only getting tougher, and they were ill-prepared to face it without her. Even with her, they had nearly died. She shook her head, and at Yugi's further protest, she put a hand on his shoulder to stop him.
 
“I advise you three to stay behind and let us deal with Falnika from this point,” she suggested firmly. Yugi looked down sadly; he wanted to see Sith blow the Mystics apart! And Ryou wasn't about to let her walk away like that. He walked over to her and shook his head violently when Mello took out his pistol.
 
“Sith, we're going with you!” the younger boy insisted, but Sith refused again, “Why not!? Aren't we your friends!?”
 
“This is not about friendship, Ryou! This is about stopping two worlds from colliding and forming a temporal paradox!” Sith exclaimed heatedly, “That is what's going to happen, and you know this. Now, if you insist on this, against my better judgment, then so be it. But do not expect sympathy from me!” And with that, she stormed ahead. Mello glared at Ryou for a second, and then he too stalked off after the Esper. Ryou could only watch. Something was severely changing inside of Sith. He just couldn't understand what it was.
 
The corridor Matt had led them through ended abruptly at a spiral staircase leading down into a depth of pure darkness. Not even Sith's moderate blaze spell could pierce it, and with only the glow of her sword to light the way, she had to carefully pick and direct their way to the bottom level. It was cold, to say the least. But it was cold enough to kill off all traces of rot in the upper levels of the base. That had to be a good thing.
 
But throughout all of it, Ryou noticed he was getting a consistently worse feeling about this place. Not just for the sheer blackness and lack of light or life, but for another reason as well: the stagnation of the base. It was as if it had been frozen in time, and even their existence couldn't break the establishment free of it. As though the place itself were clinging to the horrible state it had been condemned to. Ryou could only stare at the darkness as they continued down, finally hitting the stony ground and the frozen air. He couldn't even see if they were in a basement or not.
 
Sith didn't even stop to comment or explain, and quite frankly, that worried Ryou a little bit. Normally, she would have at least come up with a battle plan for them to follow. But something had drastically changed her. She wasn't even willing to speak to Ryou very much. And in a situation like this, Ryou knew he needed her voice to have the strength to keep believing in her. He had to remedy the situation.
 
“Sith, where does this lead?” he asked, his voice sounding too loud for his comfort. He heard Sith stop, but couldn't see if she looked back at him or not. But he guessed she was more than just a little annoyed with him. She didn't exactly want him there, after all.
 
“We're going to the holding cells underneath the base,” she explained simply, monotonously, “If Aeon's been kidnapped, he'll be there.”
 
“Are you sure!?” Malik asked in the darkness, “I mean, I don't want to go down and find that he's not there, Sith.” He swore he heard a snort, but with no light and barely a sound, he could've made the noise up.
 
“Then you shouldn't have come period,” she replied grimly, and started forward again. Ryou could hear her boots clacking on the stone. Silently, they all followed her, none knowing where they were going or if they were making any turns. All they had to aid them were the sounds of Sith's boots, and the occasional shifting of a loose rock or two.
 
Eventually, though, Ryou realized that as they went deeper into the dungeons, the darkness began to brighten slowly, so slowly. And eventually, he could make out red candles dotting the walls on either side of them, throwing off light that, while still dim, did provide enough to see with. But the downside to that was this: the hallway looked endless. Even Sith stopped to wonder just how far they'd have to go.
 
The answer was not far at all. Matt didn't stop, and he didn't want to. And he quickly found that he should have. Not even ten paces from Sith, he collided with what looked like an invisible wall, in the middle of what should've been an empty corridor. Ryou winced as he heard a loud crack; Matt very possibly just broke his nose.
 
“Okay, tell me we're not making this up,” Malik said, walking over and putting a hand on hardened air, “Sith, what the hell is this?”
 
“An illusion. A mirrored wall,” Sith stated grimly, walking over and touching it, “Only magic can dispel it, too. But… why put this here?”
 
“To hide whatever's on the other side,” Yugi answered, and pressed his ear to the mirror, “There are voices in there.” Sith blinked, and pressed her ear to the mirror as well. She did hear something, but she couldn't understand what was being said. Yugi looked up and whispered, “You hear that? They sound like they're in pain.”
 
“I'd be pretty miserable if I were stuck with Falnika too,” Malik commented, but Sith ignored him and backed away. She turned to Mello.
 
“There's no doubt that Aeon's in there,” she told him, and he frowned, “We have to get in there.”
 
“How will you break through the mirror?” Ryou asked her. Mello stared at him, and then took out his pistol and shot into the mirror. It shattered apart, glass raining on the floor in a magnificent spray. And in its place was a solid door. It had no keyhole or knob. Yugi looked at it curiously. It looked like something out of a story book.
 
“Now what?” he asked. Sith examined it carefully, too. It was a weak door; any spell she used would destroy it. She backed up a step, and raised both her hands, folding them against her chest.
 
Seirfreug!” she cried out, and a searing blast of fire soared across the air, from her hands to the door. It lit like a match. In less than three seconds, it was nothing more than a pile of ash. Ryou could only stare. That was the Sith he remembered too well; being able to destroy any obstacle was her forte. Mello just laughed heartily. She obviously carried that trait in every world she lived in.
 
“Lovely,” he said calmly, warmly, “Now let's see you kill Falnika with it.”
 
“If she shows herself again, I certainly will,” Sith promised. And with that, she walked right through the doorway, into the dark room beyond.
 
The light from the candles ended abruptly outside of the room, so that Ryou could see nothing when he walked in. But he did hear the voices. They were muted, whispered as though afraid that their listening would harm them. What they said, Ryou couldn't make out. But for the moment, he felt glad he couldn't see them. They could, considering their circumstances, be nothing more but mutilated corpses with only speech to help them heal. The thought sent shivers up Ryou's spine as he walked alongside Sith. Carefully, he looked around.
 
“Where are we?” he asked, and winced at the echo in his voice. He heard many gasps in response, and deciding that Ryou officially blew their cover, Sith lit a spell so they could see. And there was Aeon right before her. He was chained to the wall, his normally elegant and pristine clothing stained and torn. His monocle was crushed, still clinging to his eye.
 
“Aeon!!” Sith called, running over and trying to undo his chains. But they were strong, and Sith couldn't break them. Aeon looked at her, his normally crisp and brilliant blue eyes looking faded and tired. He smiled weakly, trying to shift to get closer to her.
 
“S-sith… you've… you've come,” he whispered, and Sith pulled on the chains even harder this time, “N-no… it's no use, Sith. She's made sure you can't free me.” Sith let the chains go and stood back, looking at him through bleary, watered eyes. She had known Aeon for most of her life now; she had never seen him so beaten before, either physically or mentally. Falnika would pay so dearly for hurting Aeon. She'd make sure of it, personally.
 
“Aeon, I'm so sorry,” she said, and this time she hugged him, “I didn't think Rath would try to use you. Forgive me.” Aeon just closed his eyes, laying his head against her shoulder. He wanted nothing more than to fall asleep. He just had to hang on for a bit longer. She pulled away, and he motioned toward the other walls. Sith turned. Aeon wasn't the only one imprisoned. There were others who had been captured as well. And as Sith absorbed this, Aeon spoke.
 
“Rath is planning to revive the Light of Judgment to wipe Nesce out of existence, and sever the fabrics of time so you no longer exist, either now or in the past,” Aeon told her gravely, and Sith nodded grimly, “She's already captured some of your past allies. She plans to sacrifice them to power this light.” Sith's eyes narrowed. She'd have to stop that.
 
“But how will that end Sith's existence?” Malik asked skeptically. Aeon's mouth curled up sardonically. He looked smug.
 
“I will be the vessel for this light,” he told them all, “With my power, I can easily warp time and erase eras of it.”
 
“It would be little effort to control Aeon in his weakened state,” Sith concluded worriedly, “And with his power, even less to find my own time zone and kill me as a child, when I had very little power.” Ryou shivered again. Rath finally had a way to kill Sith once and for all, and she nearly succeeded in it. Aeon, he could see, was ready to break. As loyal and loving as he was towards Sith, he had taken too much abuse. The blood on his clothing showed it. As did the bruises. Ryou turned to Yugi and Malik.
 
“We have to get all of these people out of here,” he said, and turned to Sith, “We can do that, right?”
 
“You're not doing it alone,” she replied sternly, “Falnika expects me to come here. Aeon is the bait for it. But if she finds for a second that you're still helping me, she will kill you. You've heard her words, Ryou.” At that, Ryou had to admit Sith's worry for him was warranted. Falnika had said clearly that if he continued to help Sith, she'd have no choice but to eradicate him as well.
 
“We can't let this go on, Sith,” he said gently, and shook, “Please, as a friend, let me help you. If Aeon dies…”
 
“…” Sith turned to Matt, and he looked at her curiously, “Go with them. Free everyone here, and take Aeon back to your world. Hide him. And please, protect Ryou and the others.” Matt gave her a salute.
 
“No problem, Captain Crunch!” he exclaimed, and grinned as he walked over to Aeon, “All right, buddy. Let's get you out of here and back to Shithole Central.” Aeon just snorted as Matt took out a toothpick and picked the locks to his chains. To Sith's amazement, the feat worked. Aeon was free. But he was still weakened. As Matt picked the man up, shifting him to keep him from falling, he had Ryou and Malik break the others free, as well. Many were unconscious, to which Mello said they'd leave as soon as they'd awaken. Some, however, retained enough life to see it through. And they quickly joined Matt's ranks, some carrying the others, most too weak to carry even themselves. But in five minutes, the room was nearly cleared. Matt said one last farewell to Sith, and then he and Ryou left, Malik and Yugi leading the refugees far ahead. That left Sith and Mello alone again.
 
“So,” Mello began, as Sith took off her glasses to clean them, “We go in alone then?”
 
“I'd have liked to take Matt and Aeon, but I can't risk Aeon's health like that,” Sith admitted regretfully, and such a look of sadness came across her that it cut into Mello's heart, “He… he would have died in less than three hours. If only I'd been faster!” Mello walked to her and brought her face up to look at him. Not for the first time, he was sympathetic to her.
 
“What could you have done, Sith?” he asked her, “You had to help Ryou Bakura.”
 
“But… but Aeon… you and Aeon are in danger because I'm still alive,” Sith replied, and looked away, “Whatever I've done, revenge is not enough for them. Only my demise will bring them peace.” Mello let go of her and stepped back. What was coming out of her mouth was madness. Mystics didn't understand peace. They never would.
 
“Peace?” he repeated, and actually laughed, “Sith, there won't be peace in Oblivion if you're dead. Rath'll be free to destroy everything, and no one can put a stop to her.”
 
“Why can't Bahamut!?” Sith suddenly demanded, and Mello stopped, “He is the Esper god. If I cannot stop Rath, why can't he?” Mello's mirth ceased at once. In the harsh, dim light of Sith's spell, his skin grew cold and pale. If Sith couldn't stop Rath? That couldn't be an option; she had to. She was the only one who could. Bahamut had no chance, not with a being impervious to his magic. Slowly, the seconds ticked between them before Mello spoke again.
 
“If you can't stop Rath, then the world will end,” he said to her with such a definitive tone, she couldn't disbelieve him, “Zealacht may have been forged with Esper magic, but it has power of its own separate from yours, Sith. As its wielder, only you can kill Rath. And if you die, then no one else can stop her. Not without your sword.” Sith looked down at her blade. Did she honestly wield that much power? Just who was she? She looked back up at Mello. He wasn't discouraged.
 
“Mello,” she said, and she took a breath, “Let's go. If I'm the one who started this, then let's fulfill my terrible legacy.” Mello nodded. And with that, they left the prison cell in its silent darkness.
 
Meanwhile, Matt, along with Ryou, Yugi, Malik, and a nearly unconscious Aeon continued down a narrow, cold corridor that ran opposite to where the prison chamber had been. With Aeon's last bit of strength, he had told the leader of the other team, Simon Belmont, how to get out of the castle, how to escape from Vector period. And that meant he had to give up his watch yet again. Stained with so much of his blood, he knew it would get them all home safely. And yet, he and Sith were still quite trapped in this world.
 
But that no longer mattered at the moment. What mattered was getting Aeon to safety. But finding that safety was more difficult. They couldn't simply escape, not with Sith and Mello still fighting to find Falnika. Besides, even if they could leave, Aeon wasn't strong enough to jump across the chasm. They'd have to leave him behind, which meant leaving him to die. And they couldn't do that.
 
The corridor, after a time, ended with a small room, with two staircases on either side leading to a balcony with a single door. At this, Matt stopped and set Aeon down to rest for a few moments. Ryou skidded to a halt as well, and looked up at the door. With Sith's returning power, his own had grown significantly as well. He could sense Falnika very clearly on the other side of the door. But where was Sith? Her energy was nowhere in sense-sight.
 
“Ryou, what's wrong?” Malik asked, stopping alongside him and looking up at the locked door. Ryou's eyes never left the frame.
 
“Falnika's really close,” Ryou replied quietly, hesitantly, “But Sith isn't. How is it that we've found her faster than even Sith?”
 
“This is her domain now,” Matt reminded him, bending down to check Aeon's thin pulse, “If she wants to fight us, she can catch us without Sith around. That's why Sith doesn't want you escaping alone. She knows Falnika would ambush us.” Ryou knew this, too. It wasn't beyond Mystic strategy, anyway. But the question was, why go after them when Sith had no one but Mello? Were they that powerful together? Malik obviously didn't think so. He snickered and shook his head.
 
“Ambush us? I don't think so,” he said confidently, “We have two gunmen, a swordsman, a monk - me, of course - and a time keeper. We'll blow her damn head off!”
 
“What a fine team we make indeed,” Aeon coughed, “Your power is erratic, Yugi and Malik can barely fight, Matt is too busy caring for me, and I'm half dead. Oh yes, we'll definitely defeat Falnika!” Ryou didn't appreciate Aeon's sarcasm. He tapped his gun lightly. It wasn't a mundane one like Mello's; it spat plasma at enemies, not bullets.
 
“We have to try,” Ryou reasoned, “Besides, how bad could it possibly go?” Malik stared at him. He wanted to say that they could have died, but he felt that should've been implied. From the door, however, a harsh laugh sounded. Ryou turned quickly.
 
“I could smear you all across the walls and drink your blood,” Falnika said, appearing as the door swung open. With her hood down, Ryou saw that her skin was grey, her dark hair falling over her shoulders. One of her eyes, he saw, was slashed out and replaced with a lens of some sort. She did not look quite so evil to him.
 
“Falnika!” Yugi screamed, as Malik pointed up at her and asked, “What the hell do you want!? Sith isn't even here!”
 
“I'm not interested in killing Sith Winchester just yet,” Falnika replied calmly, walking down the stairs, “No, I have other plans.” Ryou aimed his gun at her, and she stopped, looking at him curiously.
 
“You're not fighting me,” he growled. At this, Falnika just laughed.
 
“You?” she repeated, and smirked, “I've no use for you. It's that time keeper of yours that I want.” Ryou's gun dropped and he glanced back at Aeon. That was right; Aeon held the key to ultimately killing Sith. And he wasn't strong enough to hold Falnika off. Ryou's gun flew up again as Falnika took another step.
 
“You're not getting Aeon, either,” he replied. Falnika sighed. To her, this was a simple exchange. All she wanted was Aeon. Ryou had no business even being here. He was a simple accident, no longer of importance in the battle between Rath and Sith.
 
“You would risk yourself for a man trying to take Sith from you?” she asked him, and Ryou froze at that. If Aeon did live, Sith wouldn't stay in Ryou's world for much longer. But if he didn't, Sith might still leave anyway. Falnika must've guessed his plight, for she added, “You are not my enemy, Ryou Bakura. Don't make a foolish choice.” Ryou's eyes narrowed. He knew the right thing was to save Aeon, to help Matt get him out. But then a new thought came to him: why should he? Falnika was right. They'd just take Sith away if he did. And that wasn't fair. But… Sith was the most important factor. Sith should have mattered, and he knew she'd lose her mind if he gave Aeon up.
 
“I can't let you get him,” he whispered, almost breaking that resolve. Falnika's expression softened a bit. But she was far from sympathetic.
 
“Think of Sith,” she said, “Think of your wedding, Ryou. Don't you want to be happy?” Ryou's eyes widened, tearing up at the thought. Yes, he did want to be happy. But Sith wouldn't have been. Neither would anyone else. Not if he did what he truly wanted to do. He looked away. She was just trying to taunt him.
 
“You understand that if they live, Sith won't stay in your world?” Falnika tried a different approach. Ryou glared up at her. There was, unfortunately, a level of truth to her words. Sith wouldn't stay long. There's no way she'd want to. Malik must've sensed Ryou's plight. He shouted over Falnika's voice.
 
“Don't do it, Ryou!” he cried, snapping Ryou out of his momentary trance, “Don't you get it? If she gets Aeon, Sith's dead anyway! She's trying to trick you! Don't fall for it!”
 
ENOUGH!” Falnika screamed, and turned sharply to face Malik, “When will you learn, foolish boy, that you are no match for us!?” Without even a chant, she had sent a slash of wind crashing into Malik, and the young man went flying into the wall behind him. That was more than enough to get Ryou's perspective back. There was no way he'd let Falnika win. Not after harming Malik. He took aim and shot at her. A whirling blast of plasma knocked her clear off her step, and she crashed, falling down the stairs below her.
 
“We'll learn after Sith kills you,” Ryou growled, and aimed again, “Don't make me shoot you. I want Sith to end your life.” Falnika stood up. Her lens had cracked a bit, exposing a black socket where her eye should've been. But she was far from done yet. She laughed hysterically. And then she returned her pain threefold, toward everyone. Ryou screamed as he was sent back, slamming into the wall as Malik had. He heard crashes around him and knew everyone else suffered the same agony as well. And then he heard Falnika walking toward him. He expected to be killed.
 
And yet the hit didn't come. Falnika bent down to examine him. And she frowned.
 
“You have made an enemy today, Ryou Bakura. I warned you,” she said stonily, and stood, looking toward the door, “Let us see now, if Sith Winchester can truly defeat me.” Ryou understood that he wasn't the target. He understood Falnika wouldn't hurt him again. But Sith had no such luck. Both hers and Aeon's clocks continued to wind down. And then, they would die.
 
-----------------------------(End Chapter)
 
While Sith and Mello search for Falnika, Matt's team has managed to find the mad Mystic within the entrance to the audience chamber. And they find no welcome there. But with Sith so close, will Falnika take her frustration out on Ryou, despite telling him he is not her enemy? Or will she simply kill Aeon and destroy Sith with his power? Find out next chapter, so click that Review button!