Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Ryou Bakura: Time Master! ❯ The Severing of Fate: Seth's Death ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

DISCLAIMER: I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh, Final Fantasy X, or Megaman. Takahashi owns Yu-Gi-Oh, and he doesn't approve of Ryou going through time. SquareSoft and Capcom own Final Fantasy and Megaman respectively, and they don't care much for Ryou.
 
They waited for minutes on end as the sand continued to die down. The wind from the roaring portal had ceased as the portal itself disappeared; the lightning stopped crashing onto the earth. But the skies hadn't lightened or cleared in any way, and the feeling of death all around Ryou was still too strong for them all. Sami stood staring at where Sith… where she had once stood, unable to form any word for how she felt. Ryou bit his lip, as her silence continued on, and then, he stepped forward, worried that what she saw would throw her into shock again, or possibly worse.
 
“Will you be all right, dear?” he asked, but Sami didn't respond. She continued to look forward, along the battlefield of dead soldiers, and to where Seth lay, his body seeming completely lifeless from the overwhelming power of Omega.
 
“Sami, can you even hear us?” Malik asked, raising a concerned brow. Again, she barely responded. Her wings ruffled, but nothing more than that.
 
“Sami…?” Miho asked, but she still didn't look at them. Finally, Ryou sighed. If anything would get to her, it would be her actual name now, knowing who she was. He knew silently, she accepted what she had done, as shocking as it had been to see.
 
“Sith,” he said, “Please, say something to us.” Sami looked back at him, her expression unreadable, for there seemed to be multiple feelings in her right then. Then, she turned away again, but this time, she did speak.
 
“For… so long, I've wondered… why I never felt right in being called `Sami,” she said, “I've had that name for as long as I remember… but was it simply my adopted name? Why didn't… they keep my real name? Did they know what I had done?” Ryou sighed, and stepped forward again, this time placing his hands on Sami's shoulders. He felt her shaking underneath his touch, and saw her eyes water.
 
“They couldn't have known, Sith,” he said calmly, “No one knew. No one… except you and Katt. They must've changed your name because Sith sounded so… different. Perhaps… it was Bahamut's hand in your fate. Your presence scares the Espers.”
 
“And now we know why, too,” Jou added, “She went absolutely insane!” Ryou glared at him as he spoke, and Jou pulled back nervously, now knowing he had hit a sore spot. Ryou growled, and then turned away to regain his composure.
 
“Sith did what she had to,” Ryou replied, “She wasn't insane. She had… an emotional break. We've all had it.” He felt Sami let her head fall onto his shoulder, and he heard her sniffle. Concerned, he looked at her, his own face becoming pale. She looked up at him, and smiled, though he knew she was anything but happy.
 
“And now, we have what we need,” she replied in her usual calmness, “But does this mean our journey ends, Ryou?” Ryou blinked, and then thought about that. No, there was no way it could be. Oblivion had been opened, and was possibly still open in his own time, and they had done nothing about the cataclysm of the future yet. All they had done was help Sami… or was it Sith… help herself. And while Ryou was happy to do so, that still left many unanswered questions. He shook his head.
 
“I'm afraid not, dear,” he told her, “There are still a lot of things we need to fix before we go home. We need to stop whoever controls Oblivion right now. And… we don't know where they'll strike next.” Sami nodded, but a moan behind her drew her attention. She turned around, and saw that, despite the mortal wound he had received, Seth was alive… to some extent. He crawled a bit forward, only to drop down again. Ears lowered, Sami wanted to help him, but Yami stopped her.
 
“Sith…” Seth croaked, though he was unable to see everyone in front of him; he was trying to speak to the Esper that had left him there, “Sith… I'm sorry… that I let this… happen… I was a coward… did not think… we could stop her again… I'm sorry… it ended this way… my friend…” Then, he fell once more. Sami heard him say, “Forgive me… Sith…” and then, he was dead. This time, he didn't rise, even as they waited for a bit more. But he didn't stir. He didn't even breathe. Yami released Sami, who walked over to Seth.
 
“…you and I always were… on opposing ideals and opinions,” she said softly, “I'm sorry, too, my friend. We both… did unforgivable things. But maybe now… I can set things right.” She took her sword from the ground, looking at the blade. It was stained black from Rath's blood, and she could feel an evil energy surrounding the blade. Then, she sighed as she asked, “How do I redeem myself from this?”
 
“I'd start by washing the blade,” Ryuuzaki replied plainly, “Holy water might do the trick.” Jou and Honda both laughed, but a quick glare from Sami shut them up.
 
“Be serious or do not speak to me now,” she said sternly, “I must redeem this unholy sword before it poisons Egypt with its death strike, while we still have time to do so. How much we have is not known, but do not make jokes at this hour.” Jou looked down, ashamed of what had been said, but Ryuuzaki simply bit his lip. He glanced around the wasteland created, realizing they were at the palace, but it was in ruins. There were a few walls standing, but they looked too fragile to hold for long. There was no furniture left, either; all of it had been burned by the war taken place here. The only thing that seemed to survive was a lone basin. Ryuuzaki blinked as he saw it. How it managed to remain, he couldn't comprehend, but maybe that would help them.
 
“Maybe if you wash it in that?” Ryuuzaki asked, but Sami wasn't even looking at the basin. She looked up and sighed.
 
“I said do not joke…”
 
“No, look!” Ryuuzaki pulled her over to the basin, “In here.” Sami blinked, and then seemed to be swallowed by the water within the basin. It was placid, but completely clear, with light bubbling around it. A single, small, barely visible ray of light pierced its center. As Sami looked, she felt the sense that someone… that Atemu was there with her. Unable to tear away, she raised her sword and dipped it into the water. Light spilled from this tiny ray, becoming bigger and thicker, until light engulfed the entire field. It was so pure, so bright, that it blinded everyone completely, pushing back the clouds of darkness from the land and letting the night sky twinkle from the stars above them. The light continued to brighten, and Sami felt that light enter through her, and through her sword, driving away all evil she felt she had committed. Her blade, which had turned black from being stained with blood, began to regain its soft purple glow. Finally, the light began to fade, but all of the positive effects it had still remained. Everyone slowly opened their eyes or lowered their arms, only to see Sami there, holding her sword. The basin had cracked as the ray disappeared, its water spilling into the sand.
 
“Sith!” Ryou called, “Your… your sword…”
 
“He… he's forgiven me,” she whispered, looking at her sword, “They both… have forgiven me… but why? I've gone against Seth. I've defied Atemu's wish. Have I… truly redeemed myself?”
 
“I think the fact that you tried to is proof that you already have,” Yami said, helping her sheathe her new sword, “Well, Sith K. Winchester, you've been restored. You are… a Knight with all respects. What will you do now?” Sami blinked, and then sighed. She hadn't given that thought; she simply assumed she would continue her life with Ryou. But now, she knew that though she could, it would never be the same. She glanced at him. He smiled; whatever she chose, he'd support her.
 
“…I must know who's coming after Ryou,” she said, “I must know why it connects to this. I know it does. We didn't come here just for my name; no, someone wanted us to be here. They were waiting to attack Atemu. I must see why, even if you all choose to go back to your own time.”
 
“What do you mean `back to our time!?” Jou asked her, “You're our friend too!”
 
“But it's clear that I am not from your time,” Sami reminded him, “In fact, I'm not even who you all thought to be. And yet… you still see me as a friend?” Anzu nodded as Ryou stepped back.
 
“Why wouldn't we?” she asked, “Sure, you're a knight now, and so you're a bit older than we thought, but you're still you, right? You haven't changed! You're still Sami.” Sami smiled weakly, truly thankful for her friends. She nodded, and Anzu hugged her, as did Ryou, Miho, and Yugi. Katt smiled as well, as she hugged Malik. Forte seemed to be the only one who didn't find this touching as he opened the machine door again. As they heard him typing on the machine, they all turned to see why he would disrupt them.
 
“I just thought we'd like to move our asses before something else comes along to screw us over,” Forte replied shortly, as he had Basch hold something for him, “I mean, we're already pretty screwed with my mom changing her name to Sith, but we shouldn't prolong it by staying here, right?” Kaiba snorted with amusement at the statement, but Ryou simply glanced at Sami, realizing that what she said may have been right. According to Forte, she appeared to have changed her name back. But how did he know this? She didn't voice it.
 
“…Sami, are we to call you Sith now?” he asked her. Sami, who was looking to see what Forte was doing, turned back. That question had obviously crossed everyone's ears, for they all turned to her. She nodded.
 
“Yes,” she replied, “…at least, I would like you to. That is my name, but you may still call me… Sami, if it will be easier.” Ryou smiled, and slowly, everyone else did as well. He nodded, and Sami was about to speak, until a rush of wind ripped through them all. It was so powerful, it toppled the machine and sent Forte flying a few yards ahead. Kaiba was sent sprawling on the sand, as was Miho and Honda. Jou fell backwards, not able to keep a decent balance from the sudden gale. Malik and Yugi tried to keep Katt and Anzu from slipping off, and only Sith and Ryou seemed able to stand. They heard the harsh, high laughter from inside the source of the gale, where a tower of stormy mist seemed to have gathered. Sith narrowed her eyes angrily, trying to find just who would disrupt them at this time. She was unable to see past the wall of mist.
 
If it will be easier!? My dear Sith, you make me laugh with how you coddle these humans,” the voice said, amused with what she had witness. Indeed, the voice did sound feminine. And strangely, it sounded familiar to both Bakura and Yami, but neither were able to place just who it came from.
 
“Who are you?” Sith demanded, drawing her sword again, “And more importantly, where are you? Show yourself, if you're not a coward!” The voice laughed, and the mist slowly dropped itself to reveal a stunning woman, appearing no older than thirty. She wore a tattered, gray cloak, but underneath it, her skin was silver; her hair was as white as Ryou's was. Her eyes, however, betrayed her beauty. They were cold, gray, and cruel. She lowered herself to the ground, her own smile twisted. It was Rath yet again, this time having been from Ryou's era.
 
“You do not recognize me, dear cousin?” she asked, “Surely, Sceppiro does? Or perhaps the little rats you fell into? The pharaoh and that thief, Bakura?” All four mentioned, though for Sceppiro, Katt took his steed, glared at the woman, though none placed her as someone they even cared to know. She sighed and said, “I am Rath Winchester, the third heir to the kingdom of Nesce.” Ryou's eyes widened. Sith had a cousin! She had family! But, why did she fail to tell him this? Surely, she knew? Sith herself seemed upset with the encounter, and Ryou guessed there was a warranted reason for not knowing Rath beforehand.
 
“You are no heir,” Sith said angrily, “How dare you show up during this time. What have you to do with us now? Come to strike me down again? If so, you are three thousand years too late. Nesce is already destroyed, both in this time and in the future.” Rath perked an eyebrow, and then laughed again. It was so shrill, Ryou already was on his last nerve with this woman, whatever relation to Sith she may have had. While everyone behind him recovered, Ryou saw that Rath advanced slightly, and went to take his own sword, until he realized it had been broken three months ago. He cursed; he couldn't defend or support Sith.
 
“Ah, so bitter you've become in those millennia. But I'm not here for you,” Rath replied calmly, “Nesce is no longer the strongest source of magic in this world, sad as that may be. No, Nesce has long outlived its glory, standing in your era as a monument to the death you've created, dear cousin. I seek a new power.”
 
“You'll find nothing here. Now leave us!” Sith ordered furiously, “Or be killed. I do not care for this source of yours, but I will not have you stop us.” Ryou shook as he looked at Rath. For all of her beauty, all he saw was cruelty and a mind so twisted as to stalk her own cousin for thousands of years. Rath simply smiled, amused with Sith's assumptions.
 
“You should care with all your heart,” she replied, “As it involves that little rodent you're married to now. Ryou Bakura, I believe? I knew you loved that thief, but to marry his incarnation? Well, for all you've done, you've actually helped me find this beautiful source. Through your guiding, Ryou's grown to an absolute terror.” Sith's eyes widened, stunned into speechlessness. Ryou, however, wasn't surprised by Rath's reaction at all. He had expected this the moment he and Sith were married. And, he wasn't about to let Rath get in their way. He stepped forward, as Sith looked at him with extreme worry. He simply smiled at her, until he returned his look to Rath.
 
“I suggest you do as my wife says and leave us,” Ryou replied calmly, “We've no time to deal with you.” Rath looked down at Ryou with amusement, and laughed again. Bakura growled, wanting to kill her for that terribly high laugh, which sounded fake and mocking in every degree.
 
“So the rat speaks!” she exclaimed, “So, you have grown quite a backbone since we last saw you, Ryou. Wonderful. Taking you to my world will be all the more delightful.” Ryou growled; Rath wasn't listening to a word he said. He shook his head, wishing he had his sword so he could destroy Rath right then.
 
“What part of my words do you not understand!?” he snapped, and even Sith gasped, not expecting to ever hear him say that to another, “Leave us alone! Whatever grudge you have against Sith, just give it up and leave us the hell alone! I'm not going anywhere!” His voice had risen, as all of the fury he felt for what happened previously flitted through his words. Sith gently took his arm and tried to calm him down, and then glared at Rath.
 
“You're not taking Ryou anywhere,” she said grimly, “State your intention. Are you one of the Mystics sent to fetch him?” Ryou glanced at her; that question never actually forming in his mind. He suspected it, but he simply hadn't voiced it yet. Rath looked at Sith, and laughed hysterically, her wings flapping and kicking up dust as she did so.
 
“One of them? I am their leader!” she exclaimed, making Ryou choke, “That's right, dear Ryou, I'm the one behind your abduction attempts.” Ryou couldn't believe it. Right there, in front of him, stood the one truly responsible for his past six years of life. And, he had no way to stop her.
 
“…why?” was the only question Ryou could get out now. He gripped Sith's arm. He had expected another pursuer, but had he and Sith finally exhausted enough of their best to warrant their leader going after him now? He didn't know; if he had, their numbers must've been pitiful. Rath looked at him, and smirked, crossing her silver arms.
 
“I suppose you all want an explanation? Well, I'll humor you,” she replied, “Three thousand years ago, Sith fell off of my radar, never to return again. Back then, Aeroglyph was still the most powerful source of pure energy on this planet. But, you know that eventually, magic fades. Aeroglyph has faded; it no longer has energy like it used to. Nineteen years ago, a rebirth of energy happened, one that, while we knew it existed, we thought nothing of it. Then, six years ago, we felt it prosper, and I knew it was you, Ryou. I ordered Katsaiga to send those vampires after you; I ordered Amber to reverse time on you; I even ordered Falnika to corrupt your gaming machines. All because you met this… this reject of an Esper.” Ryou looked at Sith, who seemed to become more and more infuriated, but speechless, as Rath spoke.
 
“So… you caused all of this,” Ryou said quietly, stiffly, and though he looked at Sith, he was speaking to Rath, “All of this time, I blamed Sith. I blamed her encounter on my life… and it was you? Why!? What connection to Sith does this actually have!? Is it about her destroying the fate of the world?” Rath smiled and nodded.
 
“Yes. I know all about how she tries to figure out just what she did, and now she knows it: It started when she attacked Seth,” Rath replied grimly, “When she killed him, she severed all ties Espers had with humans. Then, in a futile attempt to help her, Sceppiro split the race of Espers into two variations: Mystics, or “dark Espers,” and Chesiers, or “Light Espers.” Because of how many of us had chosen not to support Sith, we became Mystics, and flourished. Chesiers, however, are dying out, many refusing to mate with humans. Only 750 Chesiers remain on Earth, while the Mystic number climbs into the millions.” Ryou's mouth dropped open. Millions! His guess couldn't have been more wrong. There was no way they'd destroy millions of people.
 
“But what does that have to do with Ryou!?” Anzu asked the Mystic, who looked at her smugly. Rath chuckled.
 
“I'm getting to that. Bahamut saw that Chesiers were in dire peril, so he chose a select two males to help this inferior race recover. He gave them the ability to convert the energy emitted from magical races into energy humans could actually use, which would give them the ability to use magic,” Rath replied, “Ryou is one of them. His abilities opened up as soon as he met Sith. Bahamut planned it that way, the wily lizard.” Ryou's eyes widened, but Rath still had more to say, “It was slow, at first, and we didn't care much for him. I simply thought to keep him in custody… until I learned that Katsaiga, in her stupidity, had kidnapped Sith as well. That was the greatest mistake we have made; as soon as Ryou entered his prison, our fates were sealed unless we stopped him. Sith made him grow, and despite our efforts, they've done what we wanted to avoid.”
 
“You mean to get married,” Sith finished, and Rath nodded, “But that still doesn't answer why you need Ryou. Why can you not live in the world I've created?”
 
“It isn't about that,” Rath told her, “Do you not understand, Sith? Humans caused you to create such a terrible rift! Humans have drained our magic for their own use! Humans have done nothing but deter us! Do you not see what we could do if Ryou's magic were harnessed? Right now, he is just under par with you, and you frighten all Espers. Imagine his power if I commanded him! He would be unstoppable.”
 
“So in other words, you plan to use him like a puppet to get revenge on humans for abusing us, as you yourself have?” Sith asked, “How utterly selfish.”
 
“We're not giving him away without a fight!” Jou added, holding his fists up, “So get down here and let's talk like men!” Rath raised a disinterested brow at Jou, and laughed dryly.
 
“You were willing to let him exhaust himself so you could have a joy ride,” she reminded Jou coldly, who let his hands drop and turned away, ashamed. Honda growled angrily at her.
 
“That was before we knew it'd actually kill him!” he yelled defensively, “Ryou and Sith are our friends! We'd never kill them intentionally!” Rath narrowed her eyes as she paced around, staring at Honda. Then, she looked at everyone assembled.
 
“You say that now, but once you realize the power both of them have, you'll think twice about your so-called friendship,” Rath stated gravely, “I can see it so. It has happened before. Seth is a perfect example. He used Sith to overcome everyone who he thought to be a threat…”
 
“That was entirely different!” Sith yelled, drawing her sword again, its blade flashing from purple to red, “Silence yourself! You've not a clue as to what you speak! I will destroy you and your backwards thought right now!” Sith leapt up into the air, and Ryou watched her as she came crashing back down right at Rath. Bakura's mouth dropped open; he had recognized that attack movement, as did Yami. Knight Sith had used it before. However, Rath simply vanished from view, and Sith crashed into the sand. Though she landed carefully, her impact sent a ripple of sand all across the desert, like a ripple within a lake. She stood up and looked around, but no sign of Rath remained. “Where are you!?” she demanded, and soon, a laughter up above told them where Rath was.
 
“You truly amuse me, Sith,” she replied, appearing high above them all, “But I tire of this constant game of hide-and-seek. I shall see you again.” With that, she simply vanished again, and this time, she didn't return. Sith growled, and then roared with fury, unable to understand why Rath wouldn't fight her there. She also wondered just what part she now played on earth. She sheathed her sword, and Ryou ran to her.
 
“Sith, are you all right?” he asked her, as he led her back to everyone else. In truth, he knew she was a mess, but she would want to go after Rath now. He sat her down on the ground, and she finally looked up at him, and shook her head.
 
“No. I am not, Ryou,” she replied bitterly, “What has been said… was true. I have severed the fate of everyone on earth. I am… more of a monster than I ever thought.” She looked down, her face hard and grim, but she was depressed beyond words. She had never thought she was a hero, but to be called upon as though she were everything but good… it made her terrified of herself. Ryou knelt down beside her.
 
“Ignore Rath,” he told her, and she looked at him in alarm, “Ignore everything she said, Sith. Nothing has changed! So, we know you did something really, really… really shifting. So what? You are still my wife, and you are still Sith. You're still the same person. Nothing can change that, and nothing needs to change it.” Sith smiled gently, and she took off her glasses to clean them.
 
“You're right,” she replied, “But so many things are clicking together so quickly. It's as if my existence before was a hoax. I… I don't feel human any longer.” Malik gave her a quick look.
 
“Not to sound like an ass, but you never were human,” he pointed out, which earned him a sharp glare from Ryou, and a chuckle from Sith.
 
“Perhaps not, but you know what I mean,” she replied kindly, “But now, we should definitely go home. I am not afraid; but this was no good omen. She wouldn't attack this time, but she will come back. We need to know where, and when. In this time, there are no tools to help us, but in our time, we have just what we need. Ryuuzaki, are you able to get us into your office, with all of the tracking supplies?” She looked over at Ryuuzaki, whose eyes widened in surprise. He hadn't expected her to address him at all, and at first, he fumbled with an answer. Yes, he could get them inside, but he still had limited access, which he relayed to her calmly.
 
“If we're lucky, no one's in work today. What day is it, anyway?” Ryuuzaki asked, and when Jou replied, he said, “We're lucky. No one's in on a Saturday. Sneaking you guys in will be a snap!” Sith nodded, and smiled slyly as she turned to Forte. They both nodded, and Forte grinned as he typed something into the machine's keyboard, as it beeped and blipped onwards. Finally, the compartment door swung open.
 
“Does anyone have anything to say before we leave?” Anzu asked, as Miho and Ryou helped Sith toward the machine, as she was still disoriented from what Rath had said to her. No one said a thing; they all simply lined up outside of the machine. Basch took the liberty of making sure everyone got in safely, and once he himself was on, the door shut them in, and darkness covered the machine as it zapped itself to the interior of the time-space continuum. The usual feeling whenever he went through came back to Ryou, but compared to coming so far into the past in the first place, the trip was very, very short. Soon enough, the machine landed and everyone spilled out onto Ryou's lawn, either screaming or moaning as someone landed on someone else. Ryou crawled out of the dogpile, and stood up, looking around his yard. Everything appeared to be normal, though the battle tank Yaten had stolen three months previous was missing; Ryou guessed he took that to Prattlesburg.
 
“Are we in our time, Ryou?” Honda asked, helping a few others up as the pile slowly unwound itself. Ryou nodded slowly.
 
“I think we are,” he replied, though he seemed unsure of that to Sith, as she walked to his side, “At the very least, dad took the battle tank to work. You can see the tire tracks here.” He pointed, and Sith laughed. They were definitely tracks belonging to a rather large machine.
 
“Well, I suppose we should…” Sith turned as a loud bark came from the house, and then the door opened up, “…Rosco?” Rosco bounded out of the house, barking and yelping, and tackled Sith over, his tail wagging quickly as he licked her. She laughed, and when Rosco bounded over and knocked Ryou to the ground, her laughter became deeper as she said, “It looks like someone missed us, dear.”
 
“I nearly forgot the dog,” Ryou admitted, pushing Rosco off of him as he stood up, dusting his shirt off, “You'd never think he was that strong!” Sith nodded as Rosco then ran around their friends, barking and yapping at all of them. Anzu bent down to pet him, and even Yami threw a stick for him to chase, but within minutes, Sith finally had to calm the dog down so they could focus on their mission at hand.
 
“As I was saying, I suppose we should get down to business,” she said again, as Rosco whimpered, wanting to run around again, “Before we do, though, Ryuuzaki, I need a question answered. Do you have any idea where a place called Nesce is located?” Ryuuzaki raised an eyebrow. He had never heard of such a place before, and he shook his head, much to Sith's dismay.
 
“No. Why do you need to go, though?” he asked her, “Is that why you need our equipment?”
 
“Sort of. I need to be able to find Nesce,” she replied, “Rath is there. I know of it. In order to stop her madness of a plan, I need to confront her. The sooner, unfortunately, the better. The more time she has to attack us, the worse the world will be. And, because she is the leader, and is without any profane tools, the world will remain in whatever damage she does do before I kill her.” Ryou's eyes widened. He knew there would be a battle, but to hear her put it so bluntly still shocked him. He also knew, that if Sith was successful, he no longer had to run from them. He would be safe.
 
“You're going to kill your own cousin?” Jou asked her, and carefully, she nodded.
 
“I don't appear to have much choice unless I want to put Ryou through hell for the rest of his life,” she replied calmly, “I am not sure I can, though. Three thousand years is a long time, and though I am powerful, she is more-so. She didn't … warp through time, as Katt and I have. She has had time to prepare for this…”
 
“You think she knew of me before my birth!?” Ryou asked her, alarmed. Sith sighed, and looked at him gravely. He hated that look; it always meant that she had thought something indeed. She nodded.
 
“I believe she knew Aeroglyph… and Nesce… would fall long before you were born, Ryou,” Sith told him softly, “I believe she knew as soon as I left Egypt. After all, without my brother or I, there is no true heir. We must both be dead before she can claim the throne, but such a traverse through time can still wear away any magic, no matter how powerful. So, yes. I have a feeling she knew this for quite some time.” For a moment, Ryou stared at his wife in disbelief. He understood that she had regained her memory, but her insight… did she possibly know of this as well? When he asked, she shook her head and said, “No, but I also understand how magic works. Aeroglyph has faded, that much I do know. It makes sense that she'd look into other sources.”
 
“But then why is she still in that Airy place?” Jou asked, throwing his hands up in frustration, “Sith, this doesn't make any sense! If she's coming after Ryou, why the hell is she still in those ruins!?” Sith looked down. She didn't actually know why that was, but she hazarded a guess anyway.
 
“I believe… she might be trying to lure me back there,” Sith replied cautiously, “Ryou is completely protected while I'm alive, but if she can kill me, then Ryou… and all of you, are vulnerable. I believe this to be her plan from the start, as soon as she heard of my kidnap.” Jou sighed, and shook his head. No one really could completely understand what Sith was saying, but no one wanted to argue, either. They all knew they were in danger, and asking Sith to explain it any different would take more time away from protecting themselves. The only one who spoke was Bakura.
 
“You sure have a weird family, Sith,” he stated. Sith actually laughed, and heartily agreed, as did Katt. Finally, though, they both felt enough time had been wasted, for Katt turned to Ryuuzaki after a moment and said, “Should we get going?” Ryuuzaki nodded, and looked down both sides of the street, obviously trying to figure out which way his work actually was from there.
 
“Yeah. Come on,” Ryuuzaki replied, and led everyone down the street, having found his way again. Sith, however, didn't follow immediately. Rosco barked at her, but she looked down at the floor, holding her forehead. She felt a bit dizzy after what had happened, and her stomach began to ache as well. Ryou came back as soon as he noticed she wasn't following him.
 
“Sith, are you all right?” he asked her. She looked up at him.
 
“Yes. Just… dizzy,” she replied slowly, “I'm not feeling well right now, Ryou.”
 
“Do you need to rest?” he asked her, but she shook her head, “…is it another break?”
 
“No. Those… they left when I told you all that I'll be the one to decide everything,” she replied, as Ryou helped her down the road, “This must just be fatigue… or possibly central nervous shock. I should be all right.” Ryou bit his lip. He didn't like how tired she sounded, but right now, there wasn't much they could do. Their friends were expecting them. Sighing, Ryou shook his head.
 
“If you start feeling feint, you're going back home and resting,” he told her sternly, “And I don't mean sitting at the computer, pondering. I mean actually resting. This is getting very serious, and though you're healthy, I don't want to see you die of exhaustion.” Sith snorted with amusement, and then smiled, kissing Ryou on the cheek. She agreed, and they caught up with their friends, who had just turned onto a busy street. Crowds of people were walking from store to store, but Ryuuzaki had taken to ignoring them all as he weaved the group through them all. Finally, they came to a large building with a sign that read “Domino Police and Detective Agency,” and Ryuuzaki took out his key, unlocking the front door. Quickly, he ushered everyone inside of the dark building while Honda looked for a light switch. Ryuuzaki, however, told him to forget it. Everyone exchanged nervous glances, until Ryuuzaki pulled out another key.
 
“I can't risk you guys getting caught. Now wait here. I need to start up the elevator,” And with that, Ryuuzaki walked down the dark hall, leaving the rest of the group to wait for him…
 
-----------------------------(End Chapter)
 
And so, after Sith regains every memory, and title, the true mastermind behind Ryou's torment reveals herself as none other than… Sith's cousin! After explaining why she's after Ryou, and what started Sith's spiraling fate, Ryou takes his friends back to their era in order to locate the Aeroglyph ruins, so that Sith can stop her cousin from making a terrible mistake. But, what will they find in Ryuuzaki's office? Can his technology locate Nesce, even after 3,000 years of decay? How will Sith fare, seeing what could be the result of her own cataclysm thousands of years before? Find out next chapter, so click that Review button!