Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Sad But True ❯ Sad But True ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: don't remind me, I already know I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh! I also don't own "Sad but True" by Metalica. I know the plot itself is overused but if I've stolen any other ideas I'm sorry, just tell me and I'll put that on here.

Yugi, Ryou, Malik = Hikari, Yami, Bakura, Mariku = Yami

/Hikari to Yami/

//Yami to Hikari//

"Speech"

'Thoughts'

**Song**

(I'm using the English names on all the other except Ishizu, in this fic she's Isis)

Major pairings: Malik/Mariku. Minor pairings: Joey/Mai, Ryou/Bakura, Yugi/Yami

KB- I'm moving on from the Ryou faze to the Malik one, so please forgive me. I know that Mariku was created by Malik's anger when the latter was 10 but it fits better for him to have been from Ancient Egypt in this story, that way Mariku is the one that mainly holds the grudge on Yami. This takes place after "Battle City." Oh and lets have no beating of Hikaris in this fic.

Soffia- You know that the end of the song doesn't line up with the end of the fic right?

KB- ^.^ Yeah I know. It starts out all sad but then gets better. Over used plot, but instead of using Ryou and Bakura, I'm using Mali-chan!!

Saceria- you know what that means people. Fluff!!! If your like me and don't like it, "Head for the hills!!!"

KB- Forgive me if it's awful, it's my first real complex fluff fic. ("The Power of Two" doesn't count, because it wasn't as complex as this)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~

Malik's POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Hey

I'm your life

I'm the one who takes you there

Hey

I'm your life

I'm the one who cares

They

They betray

I'm your only true friend now

They

They'll betray

I'm forever there**

They think that Mariku is gone for good. That when Yami Yugi sent him to the "shadow realm" that's where he stayed. But they're wrong. A few weeks after the duel between Yami and Mariku he returned. Bakura mentioned once that it's impossible to separate Yami and Hikari for very long, but I don't think the Pharaoh's figured this out yet.

Don't get me wrong it's great having Mariku back, I felt empty without him. It's just the things he does that I could live without. He convinced me that the Pharaoh was the one that killed my father, and he almost pulled me into the darkness. Yugi and Ryou forgave me as soon as Mariku was sent to the Shadow Realm, but the rest of their group still hates me even though they think my Yami's gone.

**I'm your dream, make you real

I'm your eyes when you must steal

I'm your pain when you can't feel

Sad but true**

I walked into the classroom when I heard the teacher announce that the class had a new student. How Isis had convinced me is still a mystery. "Class this is Malik Ishtar, he comes to us from Egypt." The teacher kept talking, something about the class introducing themselves and one of their hobbies, I tuned her out. I did however hear the comments of the students and see the daggers I was getting from Yugi's gang. "No duh he's Egyptian." "He's cute." "What's that Psycho doing here?" I didn't even hear the teacher talking to me until the class started giggling and she cleared her throat, "Mr. Ishtar I asked you if you would like to tell something about you're self."

"There's not much to tell, I think you covered it all." I heard the class snicker but yet again I heard the Wheeler boy make a comment to his friends, "Well she didn't cover the part about him being in serious need to check into a mental hospital or the part about his completely insane other half."

**I'm your dream, mind astray

I'm your eyes while you're away

I'm your pain while you repay

You know it's sad but true

Sad but true**

After the incident in homeroom I pretty much decided that becoming friends with the rest of Yugi's crew was going to be an impossible feat. Yami had pretty much ruined my chances of that. I walked into the lunch room with no lunch bag and no money; I'd lost it in an early run in with the school bully that morning. I finally just picked an empty table (that was conveniently far away from the table where Yugi and his friends sat) and sat down to stare at the wall.

"Would you mind some company?" A soft voice brought me out of my thoughts. I looked up to meet twin pools of deep chocolate brown.

"Ryou?" He smiled his eyes closing, "Hai, that's my name. Do you want company or not?" His question took me a bit by surprise. 'Way would anyone that knew what I have done want to spend time with me?'

"I don't know, maybe because you don't seem that bad to me." It took me a second to release I had voiced my question out loud. I smiled at him and nodded in answer to his original question. We had a nice conversation and he even gave me half of his sandwich.

As the bell rang, signaling the end of lunch, I helped Ryou clean up the table not even noticing the two boys approaching us. "I dun't see how you can stand to be around this freak Ryou. After all 'a the things he's done." We turned to see Joey and Mai hand in hand sneering at me. "Come on Joey, he's not worth our time."

**You

You're my mask

You're my cover, my shelter

You

You're my mask

You're the one who's blamed

Do

Do my work

Do my dirty work, scapegoat

Do

Do my deeds

For you're the one who's shamed**

I walked up the stairs to the house that Isis had bought for the two of us. I fumbled with the key and went inside to find that she was probably still at the museum. I knew Mariku was out with Bakura; they were probably stealing candy from small children or tripping old ladies in the middle of the street. But whatever it was, come morning I would be the one blamed for it. I wish Mariku would stop ruining my life, at least Bakura's sorry for the things he does to Ryou, hell he loves him. The Pharaoh loves his light too it's not fair.

I wrapped my arms around my knees and pulled them towards my chest. Warm tears started pouring out of my eyes as I cried until the darkness consumed me.

**I'm your dream, make you real

I'm your eyes when you must steal

I'm your pain when you can't feel

Sad but true

I'm your dream, mind astray

I'm your eyes while you're away

I'm your pain while you repay

You know it's sad but true

Sad but true**

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mariku's POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was well after midnight when I opened the door to the house that Malik and Isis shared. Isis had worked late again and wasn't home yet so I got in the door without having to sneak around. I walked towards the stairs when a flash of gold caught my eye. Asleep on the couch was my little Hikari. I walked towards him when I heard him mumbling in his sleep. He was curled into a tiny little ball and his face was covered in tears.

I didn't have to lend down to understand what he was saying because it was broadcasting clearly over the mind link, /Why does he hate me so much?/

This angered me a bit because no one made my Hikari cry and got away with it, 'Who hates him? I'll give him a one way trip to the shadow realm.' It didn't take long for Malik to answer my question with an answer that took away my breath, /Mariku/

**Hate

I'm your hate

I'm your hate when you want love

Pay

Pay the price

Pay, for nothing's fair

Hey

I'm your life

I'm the one who took you there

Hey

I'm your life

And I no longer care**

I knew that the pharaoh and his friends disliked my light but I never imagined that he would think I hated him. My brain stopped working as this new information came through the link but it didn't take long to start processing it. I knelt down in front of the couch and gently shook Malik's shoulders.

Lazily his lavender orbs opened twinkling with the light of the moon. He looked up at me confused and he became even more so when I reached down and hugged him mumbling apologies.

He just giggled as stings of "I'm sorry"s and "I don't hate you"s came flying out of my mouth. I pulled back so I could see into his eyes, //What's so funny?//

His large lavender eyes were full of mischief and laughter, /I know you don't hate me Yami. You just don't act like the other Yamis, you're getting me into more trouble than you get me out of./ As I learned that my outburst was for nothing I glared daggers at the young teen whom in return shrank away from me, /G-Gomen ni Yami. You just act like you don't like me. And nobody else likes me because of the trouble you cause/

My gaze must have softened because he relaxed some. //I don't hate you Aibou// Whoa where'd that word come from? //And I could never be really mad at you// He looked up at me questionly, /why?/ I swallowed slightly as I wrapped my arms around him again and pulled him into a fierce kiss, //because I love you//

**I'm your dream, make you real

I'm your eyes when you must steal

I'm your pain when you can't feel

Sad but true

I'm your truth, telling lies

I'm your reasoned alibis

I'm inside open your eyes

I'm you**

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~

KB- Wahhhhhhhh!!!!! Gomen ni, it was so awful!!!

Saceria- ~is drawn back from the hills by KB's crying~ What's her problem?

KB- Wahhhhhhhh!!!! It was so bad!!!

Saceria- ~sweatdrop~

Soffia- It wasn't that bad KB

KB- Yes it was!!!

Soffia- ~sweatdrop~ Well R+R if you didn't think it was that bad. Saceria and I don't mind flames but KB will only use them to burn down her house.

Saceria- I think I heard her say something about continuing this fic if she gets a review that gives her an idea.

Soffia- ~nods~ yep that's what she said. But I think she just needs a major confidence boost.