Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Saved The Best for Last ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Hey guys this is a Joey and Tea song fic... It's set to Vanessa Williams Save the Best for Last.

Disclaimer: I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh or the song

Save the Best for Last

Sometimes the snow comes down in June
Sometimes the sun goes 'round the moon

Tea fiddle with her veil as she waited for the wedding march to sound, she couldn't believe it, today was going to be the happiest day of her life, she would finally become Mrs. Joey Wheeler. Not like she hadn't waited, she thought.

I see the passion in your eyes
Sometimes its all a big surprise

As the song played, she took a deep breath and started to walk down the aisle, her eyes set steadily on the blonde boy waiting at the altar. She saw him smile at her making his eyes light up. It was one of the reason's she fell in love with him.

'Cause there was time when all I did was wish
You'd tell me this was love

As she walked on, she couldn't help but remember all them times she spent with Joey and the gang feeling this passion inside for the hot-headed boy, but was to scared to tell him. All the time she was with him, she wanted to tell him those 3 little words or least hear him say it to her.

It's not the way I hoped or how I planned
But somehow it's enough

Tea silently laughed to herself as she remembered the day she did. It was a huge graduation party at Tristan's and everyone was drunk. Feeling the need for air, she left to take a walk outside. As she was leaning on the gate, she felt two arms wrap around her waist.

"Hey waz u doin er?" whispered Joey into her ear causing the girl to shiver.

"N-nothing just needed some air," she replied

"I see... hey cheer up tis a party and we FREE!"

Tea giggled and sat down on the grass looking up at the sky. She felt Joey sit down beside her.

"So was really up?"

"Nothing Joey."

"Tea."

"It's just that well were all going to be leaving. Everything's changing, everyone's going to change. We are no longer going to be the gang."

"Well dats life. Always changing, always screwing us, makin us adjust, but whateva happens, we always be da gang, I mean unlike most people we been through so much, I mean which group of friends can sayz dat dey saved da world?"

Tea giggled and lay down on the ground.

"Hey Joey?"

"Ya?"

"I'll always be your number one gal yeah?"

Joey laughed and laid down next to her his head next to hers.

"Course Tea," he mumbled, feeling the effects of the alcohol "I love ya."

Tea glanced at Joey and saw that he had fallen asleep, 'well it may not be true but at least I heard him say it once,' she thought as she also closed her eyes.... if she only knew.

And now we're standing face to face
Isn't this world a crazy place?
Just when I thought our chance had passed
You go and save the best for last

Tea shook her self out oh her thoughts, as she stepped up to the altar looking at the man she was going to marry. After that incident they both avoided each other Tea feeling that he had only said it because he was drunk, I mean he had Mai.........Mai,

All of the nights you came to me
When some silly girl had had set you free

Tea remembered that night when Mai left Joey. She remembered going to his house, only to find him drowning his sorrows with an endless supply of alcohol.

You wondered how you'd make it through
I wondered what was wrong with you

She felt so angry and hurt when she heard him talk about Mai and how she was the only girl for him..... the only girl who loved him. It was then and there she wanted to slap him and ask him... didn't he see?... see that she loved him?

'Cause how could you give your love to someone else
And share your dreams with me

Tea didn't understand that why Mai kept putting Joey down. Deep sown inside maybe she hadn't meant to, but every time Joey would think of going on to study mechanics, Mai would snort and say if only dreams were life. After that Joey never spoke about what he wanted to do after high school, well, at least not to Mai or anyone else, but she remembered sitting on a hill staring at the clouds in the sky with Joey next to her, telling her everything he wanted to do. Everything he dreamed about for him and his sister and maybe even for that special girl when he found her...

Sometimes the very thing you're looking for
Is the one thing you can't see

That upset Tea 'He really doesn't love me.'

And now we're standing face to face
Isn't this world a crazy place?
Just when I thought our chance had passed
You go and save the best for last.

As the priest talked about the union of marriage, Tea thoughts once again drifted to when she had decided to leave Japan for America. She had decided to try out for some dance auditions. True at one point dancing was her life..... well it still was, but as one grows older priorities change, as do matter of the hearts. Speaking of which, she looked over to the best man remembering once in her life when she had a crush on him... 'Crush?' she thought 'heck I thought I was in love with Yugi.' It's true the world is crazy always changing.

At her leaving party, she thought of what Joey told her, 'Hey Tea remember yeah no matter waz happens we always be friends me you Yug and Tristan nothing gunna change that.'

La la la, la la la la

Sometimes the very thing you're looking for
Is the one thing you can't see

Even then he didn't love her like that... Its true, sometime boys can be so dense or maybe it was because it wasn't meant to happen, maybe America was to be her life.

Sometimes the snow comes down in June
Sometimes the sun goes 'round the moon

Boy was she wrong. She told the gang not to come to the airport, she hated goodbyes, and didn't want to cry... not like they hadn't seen her before, but still she wanted to go start afresh, no more tears, no more heartache... no more Joey.

Just when I thought our chance had passed

As she was getting ready to board she heard her phone ring, 'Who could that be?' she wondered.

Answering it she soon found out.

"Tea?"
"Joey?"

"Ya tis me, listen yeah I know dis may not be the best time, or maybe was I is doin is wrong..."

"Joey I don't understand."

"But they save the best for last, so um ya remember at Tristan's party, and the whole conversation we had?"

"Um yeah."
"Well it was true."

"Huh that I was your number 1 gal Joey I..."

"No, well yeah dats true, but um what I said after dat, I know you though I waz so drunk I wudn't remember, but I knew what I waz saying I just didn't know why and I guess after everything, it took me a while, but I realised....."
"Realised what?"

"That I love you."

Tea whipped around to see Joey standing there phone in one hand, a yellow tulip half dangling down in the other. Tea smiled at this, and looked at him. 'He looks like a scared child,' she thought.

"I may not be much Tea but this is what I am."

"Oh Joey I love you too," she cried as she flung herself around him.

You go and save the best for last

The gang, although very shocked, were very happy for them... even Mai and Yugi.

Tea was a bit worried that when Mai showed up for the wedding Joey may regret his decision and fall in love again, but she didn't have to worry just like her life had changed along with her thoughts and understanding of the world and love his had too..

And so after a year and a half of dating Joey finally popped the question to which Tea agreed...

"And so I now pronounce you man and wife..... you may now kiss the bride."

Joey leaned over and placed a short but passionate kiss on her, while everyone cheered and Tristan gave a wolf-whistle.

As they were walking back up the aisle hand in hand, she thought about the expression, 'Good things come to those who wait.' It was true if she had made a rash decision she may have never seen this day, looking over at her husband 'Yes my husband,' another thought came into mind what he had said, 'They say save the best for last.'

"You were right Joey," she whispered too him.

"I waz about what?"

"You did save the best for last."

You went and saved the best for last

The End

Well what ya think I know it wasn't very good but hey I tried

Please R&R

kazxx