Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Secrets Can Kill ❯ Even In Death ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Pre: Hi ya chicca's!

Yami: So you're back then?

M: *Glares at Yami* Leave her alone.

Yami: *Glaring back* Why should I?

Pre and Yugi: *Wincing as they begin to argue * Here we go again…

Pre: *Shouts over to her muse* M do the disclaimer and leave poor Yami alone!

M: *Glaring at the snickering Yami* Fine!

Yugi: *Smacks Yami's arm lightly* Yami behave.

M: *Smirks as Yami rubs his arm* Pre does not, has not and never will own any copyrighted material used in this fic!

Pre: You didn't have to make it so final…

********************************

Bakura sighed heavily as he entered his room flopping down onto his bed he turned to face the window his gaze resting on the picture on the stand beside his bed. Yami, Seto, Marik and Jay smiled back at him. He smiled wryly to himself as he thought back to when the photograph had been taken. He hadn't long arrived at the 'Miyazaki safe house' when he'd met the four other boys but had quickly become friends and along with Jay they had become inseparable. Although the Miyazaki's were Jay's real parents they'd adopted the four boys along with several others. The Zak's (as most of the kids called it) was a safe haven for abused or problem children. Most of the kids there though didn't even remember their real parents and tended to think of Jay's as there own. Jay didn't seem to mind, in fact she just looked at them as extra brothers or sisters, even those that weren't round for very long before going back to their original parents were treated as such.

Bakura sighed again tearing his gaze away from the picture and rubbing his forehead where the headache that had been plaguing him all day seemed to be getting worse as though thousands of little men were stampeding around in his skull trying to hack their way out.

The headache had come on earlier that day while he was talking to Yami and Jay about some boy they'd saved from bullies the day before, it had started at the mention of the boy's name and had refused to leave him since.

Bakura closed his eyes leaning back against the pillows behind him as he thought back to earlier that day when he'd literally bumped into the boy in question. There was just something about the smaller boy and his friends, a feeling he got when ever he was around any of them, that he just couldn't quite place. It was as though he'd met them before that some how, somewhere, in another time and place he'd known them.

Without opening his eyes Bakura scrambled around in the top draw of his night table a small smile gracing his lips as he pulled out the bar of chocolate he'd stashed there. Peeling the wrapper back he bit into the deliciously sinful treat as, involuntarily, a face popped into his mind. An angel with long, flowing, silvery-white hair and gorgeous brown eyes, chocolate brown eyes…

********************************

Give me a reason to believe that you're gone
I see your shadow so I know they're all wrong
Moonlight on the soft brown earth
It leads me to where you lay
They took you away from me but now I'm taking you home

********************************

Bakura jerked his eyes flinging open as words he didn't recognise, yet seeming so familiar, echoed around him.

He blinked slightly eyes opening wide in confusion as they adjusted to the sudden darkness of his room. The only problem was that he wasn't in his room anymore.

"What's going on?" He whispered as the darkness began to clear. "Where am I?"

As if to answer him a beam of light shot out to reveal three hooded figures knelt before an altar.

Frowning, Bakura found himself 'floating' forwards to stop in front of the trio. He watched wide-eyed as the central figure stepped forward raising a hand to push back its hood.

"It's him." Bakura realised with a start as he stared at the captivating beauty before him.

Bakura held his breath as the boy before him raised a trembling hand, tears glistening at the edge of those chocolate orbs.

"Ryou…"

"I love you 'Kura" Ryou whispered. "Please forgive us."

"Forgive?" Bakura frowned. "For what?"

"This is for you 'Kura, for all of you." Ryou whispered as he held his hand out.

"What is?" Bakura asked in frustration.

But he got no answer as Ryou raised his other arm the knife that was clenched tightly in his fist seeming to glinter gloatingly back at him.

It was then, as Bakura jerked back in shock that he noticed the fourth figure, the figure that lay deathly still on the altar beneath him.

"This is the only way." Ryou whispered as he drew the knife across his palm.

Bakura watched in horror as the tears that had been collecting in Ryou's eyes finally fell mixing with the blood and dripping onto the altar in a crimson river.

********************************

I will stay forever here with you
My love
The softly spoken words you gave me
Even in death our love goes on

********************************

Bakura stared in horrified fascination, unable to move even if he wanted to, as the knife was passed on and the process repeated again.

Bakura sucked air into his lungs as he struggles to break free of the binds that hold him in place only to find himself trapped behind an invisible wall unable to do anything but watch hopelessly as Ryou begins to chant. The ancient tongue flowed freely around the chamber he was incased in, pulling at his consciousness as he tried desperately to break free, to stop them.

Bakura screamed falling to his knees as the three hands clasped together their blood mixing and spilling over onto the prone figure before them.

********************************

Some say I'm crazy for my love, Oh my love
But no bonds can hold me from your side, Oh my love
They don't know you can't leave me
They don't hear you singing to me

********************************

A blinding light spreads from their clasped hands as a strange ancient looking ring appears around Ryou's neck.

Blinking slightly against the tears threatening to spill Bakura glances down eyes widening as he sees the same ring appear on himself.

Awed he traces one of its points, wincing slightly as his finger scrapes against the sharp edge.

Suddenly as though feeling the slight tug of the ring Ryou looks up his eyes locking with his.

"Bakura?" He whispers hoarsely reaching a hand towards him.

Bakura nods as he tries to stand struggling against the bonds determined to hold him back.

Ryou's eyes widen in realisation as the ring begins to glow softly.

"No!" He screams. "Kura!"

Bakura smiles sadly as the ring pulls him back into its depths, chocolate locking onto chocolate one last time. "Aishteru Hikari, Aishteru."

********************************

I will stay forever here with you
My love
The softly spoken words you gave me
Even in death our love goes on

********************************

"Kura!" Ryou screams falling to his knees as the ring clatters onto the cold stone floor.

"Kura…" He whispers tears falling unheeded down his face as he reaches for the ring clasping it to him like a lifeline.

The two figures move to stand beside him, one dropping to his knees and pulling Ryou to him his own tears mingling with Ryou's as he clings to him.

"Watashi no tenshi!" Ryou sobs as the second figure drops down on the other side of him wrapping his arms around him also. "Watashi no tenshi…"

********************************

And I can't love you, anymore than I do

********************************

Bakura gasps his eyes shooting open as he struggles upright.

"Hikari!" He calls his eyes darting around his room. His room…

"Was it a dream?" Bakura muttered hugging his knees up to his chest as he struggled to get himself back under control.

Bakura stills his eyes falling to the golden ring at the bottom of his bed as it glinters in the soft moonlight filtering through the open window.

"Oh Ra…" He whispers as he loses the battle within himself for control. "What have we done…?"

Realisation sets in and for the first time in a long, long time the spirit of the Sennen ring lets his tears fall…

********************************

I will stay forever here with you
My love
The softly spoken words you gave me
Even in death our love goes on

********************************

Ryou's rests his head in his hands the soft breeze playing with his silvery-white hair as he stares up at the moon.

The ring on his chest glinters in the moonlight as he shifts causing him to glance down at it, he hadn't realised just how much he'd missed its comforting weight till it was back where it belonged, with him.

Ryou's eyes drift shut as he whispers one heartfelt sentence into the night.

"Watashi no tenshi…"

********************************

And I can't love you, anymore than I do

********************************

Pre: *Smirking* So how was that chicca's? As you can tell it was from our favorite white-haired duo's pov.

Yugi: *Pouting* But I wasn't in this one!

Pre: *Smirking again* Oh you were…

Yugi: I was?

M: Of course you were short stuff.

Yami: Hey, don't call my Aibou that!

M: *Grinning slyly* Short stuff, short stuff, short stuff!

Yami: *Starts chasing M* Ahhhh!

*Pre and Yugi sweatdrop*

Pre: Ok…ay anyway chicca's I can't be bothered to do a song synopsis every time so if you want one email/review and I'll gladly do one for you.

Yugi: So am I gonna be in the next chapter?

Pre: A little but you and Yami's pov is the most important so I'm saving that till I've done the other two couples first.

Yugi: *Pouting and turning puppy dog eyes onto readers* Please review so Pre can get to me quicker!

Pre: *Waving and taking Yugi's hand* See ya all next time!

Yugi: Bye!

*Pre and Yugi disappear in a puff of purple smoke leaving Yami and M to argue again*