Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Seeing Isn't Always Believing ❯ Meeting Fairies ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
There are a very few number of YGO fairy fics. It was in that fact that I decided to write one. This is my first fairy fic so please be nice with me. Anyway, this is an AU story that mostly takes place in a town called Littleville for good reason. The citizens are no taller than half of a metric ruler. Most of the town doesn't believe in fairies, the only citizens that do are the citizens that were rescued by fairies. This is because most of the citizens never saw a fairy. But two boys believe in faires although never seeing one. Read along to see what happens when fairies befriend these two boys.
' is thoughts





Chapter 1: Meeting Fairies

It was a peaceful day in the town known as Littleville. Peace usually didn't come easy in this town because normal-sized animals, giants to the citizens, often attacked, leaving the town in ruins. The animals also captured some of the inhabitants from time to time. Being captured by one of the animals was close to being pronounced dead because not many captured people escaped the animals.
Those who did escape would always remember how they were saved. They would always tell stories of fairies rescuing them and helping them back home. However, their stories often fell on deaf ears because almost everyone in the town didn't believe fairies existed.
The rescued people tried in vain to convince the other inhabitants that fairies did exist. One day though, they got through to two teenage boys who were best friends. These boys would eventually end up not only being rescued by fairies, but also doing something that they could only dream about right now. These boys' names were Yugi Lily and Ryou Daisy. The people of Littleville had the names of flowers for their last names.
Yugi was the oddball of his family if you will. He had black, red and blonde hair, wide and childlike violet eyes and was only two inches tall, whereas the other inhabitants were between 4-6" tall, but he was 13-years old. He was also an oddball because all but a few of his friends and his whole family didn't believe in fairies, but he did. He always hoped to meet one, but his dream was to live in a fairy kingdom. He always pretended to be a fairy because he dreamed of becoming a real one.
"Mom, dad, why does most of the town think that fairies are figments of the imagination?" Yugi asked.
"That's because the town is right. Fairies are myths and stories that help children go to sleep," Mrs. Lily said.
"I don't believe that. I believe that fairies are as real as we little people are. I always dream that I actually live in a fairy kingdom. It is also my dream to become a real fairy," Yugi said. 'I wish to be a real fairy someday,' he thought.
"Then you'll only dream then. The day I believ in fairies is the day I see one," Mr. Lily said.
Ryou, who was also 13, was Yugi's best friend. He had spiky white hair, chocolate-colored eyes and was two inches taller than Yugi. He dealt with the same problem as Yugi. He believed in fairies while his family didn't. Like Yugi, he dreamed of living in a fairy kingdom and becoming a real fairy.
In a valley far to the northwest of Littleville, a marvelous kingdom stood. This was the Fairy Kingdom. This kingdom was the most beautiful in the known world. It had been in existence since before time began. The fairies of this place had butterfly wings and very strong magic. Of all the fairies, one was far stronger than all the rest.
This fairy's name was Yami, king of the fairies. Yami had very mature violet eyes and black, red and blonde hair. He had extra bangs in the black part of his hair that resembled lightning bolts. He wore a gold and silver tiara on his head. The tiara was adorned with rubies, emeralds and sapphires. But the most majestic feature of him was his beautiful monarch butterfly wings.
Because he had the strongest magic, he had abilities that everyone else of the kingdom didn't and would never have. He could control the weather, but sometimes his mood changed the weather too, it depended on how strong his mood; he had awesome physical strength as well as magical strength, as well as the ability to share the gift of being a fairy or turn a fairy into a mortal. Yami decided whethere he wanted to turn a fairy mortal temporarily or permanently. In regard to saying this though, he was a very benevolent ruler. He had the love and respect of all of the good citizens of the kingdom.
Yami's officials were very loyal and trustworthy. He settled for nothing less than trustworthiness. He could always tell whom he could trust and whom he couldn't. His most trusted advisor was Bakura. Bakura was the head official that trained under Yami himself as far as magic. Bakura was nowhere close to being as strong as Yami was, but he was the second strongest fairy in the kingdom. He had sharp chocolate-colored eyes and spiky white hair. His wings were rainbow colored with beautiful kaleidoscopic patterns on them. Yami wasn't feeling that cheerful right now. His feeling of distress turned the clear and sunny day cloudy.
"What distresses you my king?" Bakura asked.
"It's the town of Littleville," Yami responded. "And I told you that you could just call me Yami," he added.
"I'm sorry Yami. I just forget at times. But what about that town?" Bakura said.
"Most of the citizens don't believe in us," a voice said.
Yami and Bakura looked to see Seth in the doorway. Seth then came forward. He was the second head official under Bakura. He and Yami had gone to Littleville on occasion to see how the town progressed. The fairies of the Fairy Kingdom helped to save those who now believed in them.
"They think that fairies just make good bedtime stories. I just wish that someone who never saw a fairy believed in us," Seth said.
"I'm going out. Maybe a flight will help my mood," Yami said. 'Hopefully, there is someone in Littleville that believes in us even though he/she has never seen a fairy,' he thought.
"I want to go with you. I don't get much time to myself," Bakura said. 'Maybe we can go to Littleville,' he secretly added.
Yami nodded, and the two flew out of the kingdom. He, Bakura and the others in the Fairy Kingdom wished the same thing Seth did. They didn't know that fate had already granted their wish. They also didn't know that they would meet the two that believed in fairies, although never seeing any, very soon.
Yugi and Ryou went out for a walk. They treaded cautiously because they knew that an animal could jump out at any moment. They've been attacked before, but were very lucky to get out of their situation on their own. They knew that their luck would eventually run out. They just didn't know that it would be sooner than they thought.
"Hey Yugi, you want to play fairies again?" Ryou asked.
"You know it," Yugi responded. "The ones who told us of how fairies rescued them are glad to see two teenagers who haven't seen a fairy in their lives believing in and playing fairies."
"I just wish we could meet real fairies," Ryou said.
"I know," Yugi agreed.
They found small sticks they could use for wands. Playing fairies was one of their favorite pastimes that they did everyday. They didn't know of the danger that would soon face. A flock of falcons flew in search of prey. Yugi and Ryou had fun in using their imagination to think that they actually could turn things into something else. The fun ended when they heard a loud squawk an hour later. They looked up and saw what were giant birds to them.
"Run Ryou!" Yugi shouted as he started to run.
Ryou ran along with Yugi. They attempted to get away in vain this time because this enemy could fly. They ducked just as the falcons swooped to them once. They got back up and ran again. Yugi didn't watch where he was going and slammed into a large rock. He immediately went unconscious, and one of the falcons grabbed him and flew off.
"Yugi!" Ryou cried. He managed to hide in what looked like a jungle, but it was really a patch of tall grass.
Meanwhile, Yami and Bakura flew on. Yami felt a lot better. Going for a flight always helped him feel better, no matter what mood he was in. That was until they heard the falcons squawk that is. Knowing that someone could probably be in big trouble, they followed the sound of the squawking.
"We've got to hurry," Yami said.
Just as they caught up to the falcons, they saw the falcons fly off. Then they heard someone cry out. They immediately knew that the falcons had captured somebody.
"Bakura, find the one who cried out. I'll go after the falcons," Yami said.
"Yes sire," Bakura said and flew down lower. He saw the patch of grass and magically parted it. Then he saw a boy in the now opened area. When he landed, he and the boy gasped.
"You look like me," they said at the same time. Upon a closer look, they saw the differences in each other besides the fact that Bakura had butterfly wings and Ryou didn't.
Bakura's hair was a lot spikier than Ryou's hair, and Ryou's eyes looked nowhere close to as sharp as Bakura's looked. Bakura was also about two inches taller than Ryou.
"Who are you?" Bakura asked.
"My name is Ryou," the boy responded.
"I am Bakura of the Fairy Kingdom," Bakura said.
Ryou could barely believe it. He was talking to a real fairy. "I'd never thought I'd see a fairy. I believed the stories of those who were saved by fairies. I always wanted to meet one," he said.
"You believe in us?" Bakura asked in shock.
"Yes I do, and so does my friend Yugi. Yugi! The falcons captured him," Ryou said.
"Don't worry Ryou. My friend and king is following them," Bakura said.
"Who is he?" Ryou asked.
"His name is Yami. We were just out on a flight when we heard falcons squawking. We followed their sound and saw them fly off. Then we heard you cry out," Bakura responded. He picked up Ryou and flew off to catch Yami.
Meanwhile, Yami had already engaged in a battle with the falcons. He had knocked all but one out of the sky. The one still in the sky was the one with Yugi. This falcon was very stubborn and refused to surrender or retreat. It wanted to get Yami for what he did to its friends. Yami on the other hand looked for a way to get Yugi out of its grip.
"Yami!" he heard a familiar voice shout.
Yami turned and saw Bakura carrying someone. There was no time for introductions. Ryou immediately saw Yugi.
"Yugi!" Ryou shouted. He also noticed that Yami and Yugi looked just about alike.
"We got to get him out of the falcon's talon," Yami said.
Ryou noted that Yami's voice was deeper than Yugi's. The falcon swooped for them. Yami and Bakura expertly avoided it. When the falcon came back in front of them, Yami saw something. He saw blood on the falcon's talon. He became quite angry because he knew that it was Yugi's blood. As if responding to his mood, thunderclouds started building up. He sensed that Yugi was hurt bad enough without the falcon's adding to the injury.
A lightning bolt struck the falcon's head. The falcon screeched in pain and dropped Yugi. Another lightning bolt struck the falcon dead on before the skies cleared. Yugi plummeted towards the ground.
"Oh no! Yugi!" Ryou screamed.
Yami dove after Yugi. He soon caught Yugi and flew back up. The falcon left a long deep cut on Yugi's torso. But Yami sensed that there was a lot more to Yugi's injury than the cut.
"What do we do now?" Ryou asked.
"Let's land first. I'll take care of Yugi so don't worry," Yami responded. He and Bakura landed. "Who are you young one?" he added.
"I'm Ryou. You look a lot like Yugi," Ryou said.
"And you look a lot like me," Bakura said.
Yugi began to wake up. He completely opened his eyes and tried to sit up. "Aaahhh!" he screamed in pain. He began to fall back to the ground, but he felt strong arms around him before he hit the ground. He looked up to see someone who looked almost exactly like him.
"Who are you?" Yugi asked.
"I am Yami little Yugi," Yami responded.
"How do you know me?" Yugi asked.
"Yami and I were out for a flight when we heard falcons squawking. We rushed here and heard your friend Ryou cry out your name when the falcon's flew off. Yami trailed them," Bakura started.
"All the falcons except the one with you fought against me. I overpowered them. I got really angry when I saw that the falcon had cut you. I deal with it with a little help from Mother Nature," Yami finished.
Yugi got a better look at Yami. Yami had red, black and blonde hair, but had lightning bolt-looking bangs in the black part of his hair. He also had violet eyes, but they were much more mature than Yugi's eyes. Yami was also about four inches taller than Yugi. The obvious difference was the butterfly wings Yami had. Yugi tried to sit up again but fell back into Yami's still outstretched arms.
"Stay still for a few seconds little one. I'll take care of your injury," Yami said. He put his hand on Yugi's chest and concentrated his magic. He healed Yugi's injuries and helped Yugi stand up.
"How did you do that? I hurt myself a lot when I ran full force into a large rock," Yugi said.
"We fairies have the power to heal," Bakura responded.
"You're fairies?" Yugi asked in shock and excitement.
"Yes we are Yugi. I'm the king of the Fairy Kingdom, and Bakura is my head official," Yami responded.
"I'm excited to meet you. My friend Ryou and I would always pretend to be fairies. We believed those who told us about being rescued by fairies. It made us want to meet a fairy more," Yugi said.
"We're glad to meet you and Ryou too Yugi. We've always wished that someone in Littleville who never saw a fairy would believe. Our wish evidently came true," Yami and Bakura said.
"Let's get you back home," Yami said, scooping up Yugi.
Bakura scooped up Ryou, and he and Yami flew for Littleville. They arrived in fifteen minutes. Then Yami and Bakura put Yugi and Ryou down. They prepared to return to their home. Yugi and Ryou stopped them for a few more moments.
"Will we see you again?" Ryou asked.
"We plan on it Ryou. If we don't catch you before you head out into the forest, we'll see you in the forest," Yami responded before he and Bakura flew off on the long trip back to the Fairy Kingdom.
Yugi and Ryou stopped by one of their friend's house. A fairy saved this person so she would willingly hear their story. Yugi knocked on the door, and the person answered the door. She smiled and let them it.
"Hello Yugi, Ryou," the person said.
"Good afternoon Mrs. Wildflower," Yugi and Ryou said.
"What brings you here today?" Mrs. Wildflower asked.
"You're one of the very few that will believe our story so we came here," Ryou responded.
"Oh, and why is that?" Mr. Wildflower asked. He also had a fairy encounter.
"Yugi and I were just going for our daily walk. We pretended to be fairies for a while. Only an hour later, falcons attacked us. We ran deeper into the forest. Yugi ran into a large rock and fell unconscious, giving the falcons the opportunity to grab him.
I could only watch helplessly in the patch of giant grass as the falcons flew away with him. Then the grass around me suddenly parted, and a fairy landed in front of me. I was shocked because he looked a lot like me. His name was Bakura, and he told me that he was from the Fairy Kingdom. He also told me that he and his friend and king Yami were out for a flight when they heard me cry out Yugi's name after he[Yugi] got captured. Bakura picked me up and flew to catch up with Yami.
When we got to where Yami was, I saw that he looked a lot like Yugi. We only saw the falcon holding Yugi still in the air. It zoomed towards us, but Yami and Bakura got out of its way. It somehow gave Yugi a deep cut because Yami got very angry. More amazing still, the weather clouded up as if responding to his mood. Lightning struck the falcon twice. It struck the falcon in the head to make it let go of Yugi, and then a direct strike. Yami caught Yugi and landed. Yugi had hurt himself when he slammed into the rock in addition to the falcon hurting him, but Yami healed him. Then Yami and Bakura brought us back here," Ryou responded.
"Whoa, those falcons had to be a terrible experience. But you're lucky that Yami and Bakura were nearby Yugi," Mrs. Wildflower said.
"Yes I am. I owe my life to Yami. I wouldn't have made it back alive without him," Yugi said.
Meanwhile, Yami and Bakura had made it back to the Fairy Kingdom. Seth waited outside for their return. He was very glad to see them back safe.
"What happened that you were out this long?" Seth asked.
"We helped a young boy from Littleville out of a deadly situation," Yami responded, telling Seth the story.
"I'm glad that he's okay. I'm also glad that fate granted our wish about having someone believe in us without even seeing one of us," Seth said. "I look forward to meeting them."
"Maybe you will next time," Bakura said.
Yami was so caught up in his story that he failed to sense a sinister presence nearby. This presence was once a fairy himself. But he somehow became corrupt and terrorized the kingdom. In an effort to save the kingdom, Yami stripped this fairy of his powers permanently and banished the once fairy now turned mortal. The former fairy threatened that he would get his revenge. Now he had just the opportunity to get it.





End of chapter 1. Well, what do you think? Preview for Chapter 2: A Foe's Return: One of Yugi and Ryou's butterfly friends takes them flying. But the flight turns dangerous when the winds pick up to dangerous levels. Also, a retelling of how the former fairy became corrupt.