Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Seeing Isn't Always Believing ❯ Theft in the Night ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Recap: Yugi and Ryou had had the unfortnate pleasure of meeting Samuel.  But Yami and Bakura prevented a potentially very bad thing that could've happened.  But the next day, Yugi and Ryou had the same frightening vision.  The vision was of a big animal attack that happened the very next day.  While trying to protect Yugi and Ryou from the animals, Yami and Bakura got seriously injured.  But very unbelievably, Yugi and Ryou healed Yami and Bakura.
/ is Bakura mental talk
// is Yami mental talk
' is thoughts





      & nbsp;                                  Chapter 4: Theft in the Night

It was a pretty hectic day.  First, Yugi and Ryou have a vision of a bad animal attack that ended up happening.  Then Yami and  Bakura came to prevent two birds from capturing Yugi and Ryou but were badly hurt.  Very amazingly and incredibly, Yugi and Ryou healed Yami and Bakura.  That was a very impossible thing because Yugi and Ryou were ordinary mortals while Yami and Bakura were fairies.

Yami and Bakura then realized that Yugi and Ryou had a very good chance of becoming fairies somewhere down the line.  Yami left the kingdom to his advisors Seth and Maria while he and Bakura left for Littleville.  Yugi and Ryou led them to the Wildflowers' house, and found out that Yami was the one who saved the Wildflowers 15 years ago.

Yami and Bakura were currently resting in the Wildflowers' house.  Hey, even fairies have to sleep.  The Wildflowers were also asleep in their bedroom.  The next morning, Yugi and Ryou went to the Wildflowers' house to greet Yami and Bakura.

"Good morning young ones," Yami said.

"Good morning Yami, Bakura.  How are you?" Ryou asked.

"We're fine.  How are you two doing?" Bakura asked.

"We're fine Bakura," Yugi responded.

"I still can't believe that you and Yugi were able to heal Yami and Bakura," Mr. Wildflower told Ryou.

"I still can't grasp that either," Ryou admitted.

"Bakura and I can't either," Yami added.

"Well, that goes triple for me," Yugi said.

"Did you have breakfast before you came here?" Mrs. Wildflower asked.

"No, and we're starved," Yugi and Ryou responded.

"Well then, let me conjure up something for you boys," Mrs. Wildflower said.  She was one of the best cooks in the town.  She would sometimes cook for the entire twon since the town was pretty small(A/N: I don't mean the literal size this time.  I'm talking about the overall area the town occupies).

After enjoying a good breakfast, Yugi and Ryou just hung around for a little while.  "Thanks Mrs. Wildflower.  You're a very good cook," they said.

"We agree.  The chefs in the Fairy Kingdom are pretty good at cooking, but your cooking is even better than theirs," Yami said as Bakura nodded.

"It was no problem," Mrs. Wildflower said.

"Do you want to go flying?" Yami asked.

"We sure do," Yugi and Ryou responded.

"May we come along too.  We can ride our pet butterflies,"  Mr. and Mrs. Wildflower said.

"Very well," Yami said smiling.

They all went into the backyard.  The Wildflowers had taken the ropes from off of the butterflies and boarded their butterflies.  Yami picked up Yugi, and Bakura picked up Ryou.  Then the butterflies took off.  Yami and Bakura made themselves, Yugi and Ryou invisible to all except the Wildflowers and the butterflies.  Then Yami and Bakura spread their wings and flew off.  They soon caught up to the butterflies.  When out of the town, Yami and Bakura took off their invisibility cloaks.

"So Yami and Bakura, how are things like in the Fairy Kingdom?" Yugi asked.

"It's something that we can't describe Yugi.  Hopefully, you'll be able to see it for yourself.  It's probably something that you haven't experienced in your wildest dreams," Yami responded.

"Can we see it?" Ryou asked.

"I'm afraid not Ryou.  Only fairies can see the Fairy Kingdom.  The Fairy Kingdom's fairies all have strong magic, and it is that magic that keeps it hidden from mortal eyes.  Even though Yami is the strongest of the fairies, all of us useed our powers into keeping it hidden from mortal eyes.  That way, it will take more than one fairy to undo the magic," Bakura responded.  'Hopefully, you'll become a fairy,' he secretly added.

'Yugi, you and Ryou are on the road to becoming fairies.  I would love for you to see my kingdom,' Yami thought.

"That's too bad.  I would've really loved to see what the kingdom looked like," Yugi said.

"So would I," Ryou said.

"If fate wants you to see our kingdom, you will," Yami said.  For now, let's just take things one step at a time."

Yugi and Ryou nodded.  Then they resumed enjoying the flight as Yami and Bakura flew on.  But the peace and quiet didn't last because a flock of vultures came toward them.  Yami put Yugi on with Mrs. Wildflower, and Bakura put Ryou on with Mr. Wildflower.

"Get Yugi, Ryou and the Wildflowers to safety.  We'll catch up as soon as we can," Yami and Bakura told the butterflies.

The butterflies nodded and took their passengers out of the line of battle.  The vultures already knew that in order to get to Yugi and Ryou, they would have to take Yami and Bakura out.  They squawked in readiness to battle.

"Well, they're ready to do battle," Yami said.

"You can tell that Samuel sent them just by looking into their eyes," Bakura added.  "Let's take care of them fast so we can catch up to the butterflies.  Something tells me that Yugi, Ryou and the Wildflowers weill have to deal with other animals."

Yami nodded, and he and Bakura prepared to do battle.  The only thing that they thought about was making sure to keep their friends safe.  Bakura was right.  More predator birds headed for the butterflies that Yugi and Ryou were on.  The butterflies tried their hardest to ditch the birds.

"We have to hurry," Bakura said.

Yami nodded.  He and Bakura sensed that Yugi, Ryou and the Wildflowers were in deep trouble.  Yami charged up for a powerful attack that would combine electricity and fire.  He sent a ball of electrical fire straight up into the clouds.  The clouds gathered together and fired down about five fiery lightning bolts.  Every vulture got struck and fell from the sky.

"Let's catch up to the butterflies," Yami said before streaking through the sky, Bakura right next to him.

They could only hope that they were in time to save their friends.  Meanwhile, the Wildflowers' pet butterflies were tiring pretty quickly.  They couldn't stay in the air for much longer, making the Wildflowers, Yugi and Ryou sitting ducks for the birds of prey.  They could only hope that Yami and Bakura were on their way.

"The butterflies are going to have to rest soon.  We'll have to hold out against those birds on our own," Yugi said.

"We won't be able to hold them off forever," Mrs. Wildflower said.

"You won't have to," a familiar deep voice said.

Yugi, Ryou and the Wildflowers looked back and saw Yami and Bakura quickly approaching.  The birds of prey set their sights on Yami and Bakura now.  But Yami didn't feel like dilly-dallying and easily drove off the birds with a well-fired icy blast.  The butterflies couldn't stay in the air any longer, but it was a long way down.  Sensing the problem, Yami went under one butterfly.  Then Bakura went under the other.  Yami and Bakura then put their hands on the butterflies' bellies and gently guided them down to the ground.  After putting the butterflies gently on the ground, Yami and Bakura also landed.

"Thanks Yami and Bakura.  That would've been a long drop if not for you," Mr. Wildflower said.

"Anytime," Yami and Bakura said.

The Wildflowers, Yugi, Ryou, Yami and Bakura just stayed where the were so the butterflies could rest.  An hour later, the butterflies were fully rested and ready to head back home.  The Wildflowers got on their butterflies while Yami picked up Yugi, and Bakura picked up Ryou.  Then Yami, Bakura and the butterflies flew back to Littleville.

Meanwhile, Samuel was back at the late sorcerer's cave.  He was trying to find someway to take Yugi and Ryou without anyone even knowing.  He searched through the spell book for a capture spell that would accomplish just that.  He finally found it five minutes later.

"Aha, I've found it.  This is going to be fun.  Not only will Yugi and Ryou be captured, but even Yami, Bakura and the citizens of Littleville won't know about it until after it has been done," Samue said before bursting into maniacal laughter.  He would have to wait until nightfall to use the spell because it wouldn't work otherwise.

Fortunately, there was a flaw in the spell.  This flaw was that it could only be used once in every 1,000 years.  It had been 1,000 years since the spell was last used.  So Samuel couldn't use the spell again for a very, very long time.  But Samuel believe that one time would be enough to exact his revenge against Yami.  Meanwhile, the Wildflowers, Yugi, Yami, Bakura and Ryou were all back in Littleville.  Yami and Bakura became invisible to all eyes except Yugi, Ryou and the Wildflowers.  While invisible, they landed and went back into disguise.  Then they became visible to all again.

"What's wrong Yami?" Bakura and the Wildflowers asked.

"It's just that I can't shake the feeling that something terrible is going to happen before the night is out," Yami responded.

"Does it involve Ryou and me?" Yugi asked.

"I'm afraid it does," Yami responded.

"You can stay at our house if you'd like," the Wildflowers offered.

"Thanks Mr. and Mrs. Wildflower, but we'll be okay.  We'll come by if we need to," Ryou said as Yugi nodded.

"Okay, but be very careful.  Samuel will try anything to capture you," Bakura said.

Ryou and Yugi nodded before going to their homes.  Yami couldn't help but look on with deep worry in his eyes.  He knew that they should've taken the Wildflowers' offer.

"They should've taken your offer Mr. and Mrs. Wildflower," Yami said.

"I know.  The best way to deal with this situation is to have at least one of us be within earshot of them," Bakura agreed.

"We can only hope that you two can help if Samuel succeeds," the Wildflowers said.

"We'll do our very best," Yami said as Bakura nodded.

The day went by quicker than anyone would've hoped, especially Yami.  He knew that something bad was going to happen to Yugi and Ryou tonight, he just didn't know exactly what.  Meanwhile, Samuel was ready to perform the spell.

"The time has come to perform the spell.  Now to make sure that the town is sleeping," Samuel said.  He learned how to use the crystal ball inside the cave.  He spied on the town.  He saw that everyone was indeed asleep.  "Perfect, now to take Yugi and Ryou right from under their friends' noses."  He disappeared out of the cave and reappeared in the forest.

The first part of performing the spell was that the caster had to be in the forest.  Then Samuel envisioned Yugi and Ryou in his mind.  This was the second part of the spell, knowing exactly which person/people you wanted to use the spell against.  Now the only thing left was to perform the spell.  Samuel started waling around in a circle like someone who was doing a seance.

"Powers of darkness, I summon thee.
To help me get revenge on my enemy.
Capture his friends under the cover of night,
So no one will know until dawn sheds its light.
Capture them and take them far,
Yugi and Ryou, that's who they are.
I call upon you O darkness,
Have your sinister way tonight."

Samuel stopped walking in a circle just as an unnatural cool breeze swept through the air, creating a black mist.  The mist then headed for Littleville.  Samuel smirked and waited back in the sorcerer's cave for Yugi and Ryou to arrive.  Meanwhile, Yugi and Ryou were peacefully sleeping in their homes.  Suddenly, a dark mist came into their rooms.  They didn't feel the mist slowly lift them up and take them out of Littleville and right for where Samuel was waiting.

The next morning, Yugi and Ryou's parents found Yugi and Ryou gone.  Yami and Bakura had come over to see Yugi and Ryou, but found out that Yugi and Ryou were nowhere to be found.  Yami's worry skyrocketed when he heard that.  His feeling was indeed right.  Something bad had happened to Yugi and Ryou before the night was out.  Yami and Bakura went back into the Wildflowers' house.

"What happened?" Mrs. Wildflower asked.

"Yugi and Ryou are missing," Bakura responded.

"It was just like you felt Yami.  Something bad did happen before the night was finished," Mr. Wildflower said.

"There's only one person who could've done this.  And that is Samuel," Yami said.

"But how was he able to do it though?" Bakura asked.

"That my friend is a good question.  I don't have the answer to that," Yami responded.

Meanwhile, Yugi and Ryou were already at the late sorcerer's cave.  The mist had carried them all the way to the cave.  When they woke up, they found themselves trapped inside a huge bottle.  Because of their small size, and the glass being so hard to climb, there was no way of climbing out.  But their small size would allow them to have a longer period of oxygen.

But it would be a matter of time before their oxygen ran out because the bottle was tightly sealed shut.  They could only hope that they would be rescued before their oxygen ran out, suffocating them to death.

"Enjoy your last moments of life while you can.  The oxygen will dissipate from the bottle in only a matter of time," Samuel said.

"Yami and Bakura will find us," Ryou said.

"How can they find you when they have no clue to how you were taken in the first place?" Samuel asked with a smirk.  "I bet that you want to know how you were brought here," he added.

Yugi adn Ryou looked at Samuel with interest.

"I cast a spell that would secretly bring you here.  Not even their senses could've traced this spell," Samuel said.

Yugi and Bakura didn't know it yet, but there was only one way to help Yami and Bakura with the search.  This was something that would drain Yugi and Ryou for a while.  They didn't know it yet, but they had some of Yami and Bakura's power flowing through their veins.  It happened when Yugi and Ryou healed Yami and Bakura.  Yami and Bakura also didn't know about this, but they would find out.

"We got to get out of here," Yugi said.

"But how can we?  The glass is too slippery to climb.  Even if we could climb it, the cork is on too tight," Ryou said.  He didn't feel it just yet, but he was giving off an energy beacon.

"We've got to find some way out of here," Yugi said.  He was also unaware that he was giving off an energy beacon.

But this was a serious predicament.  Since they didn't know that hey gave off these beacons, they had no way of controlling them.  If a given off energy beacon is not controlled, the one who gave it off could die becaue the energy beacon was the person's own life energy.  Meanwhile in Littleville, Yami and Bakura's heads snapped up.  They had felt the energy beacons.  But they were confused because they came from Yugi and Ryou.  The Wildflowers saw this.

"What is it?" Mrs. Wildflower asked.

"Yugi and Ryou are giving off energy signals.  They're pretty strong ones too," Yami responded.

"But how can they be giving off energy signals this strong?" Bakura asked.

Then Yami felt something else.  "I can feel our powers coming from them," he said.

Bakura focused his senses a little more and found that Yami was right.  He could feel his power coming from Ryou and Yami's power coming from Yugi.  "How can this be possible?" he asked.

"I think that it happened when they healed us.  Some of our magic must have gotten into them," Yami responded.  "But we've got to find them.  They most likely don't know that they're giving off those signals."

"What do you mean?" Mr. Wildflower asked.

"Yugi and Ryou are using up their physical energy to give off the enery signals.  If they use up too much, then they will die," Bakura responded.  He and Yami then became invisible to all before spreading their wings and flying off.

When out of everyone's line of sight, Yami and Bakura became visible again.  They followed the energy signals, hoping to make it to Yugi and Ryou in time.  But they would have to hurry.  Back in the sorcerer's cave, Yugi and Ryou began to feel weak.  They still felt oxygen so it couldn't have been that yet.

"Why do I feel so weak?" Yugi asked.

"I don't know but I feel pretty weak too.  It's not because of the lack of oxygen because there is still some left," Ryou responded.

Unfortunately, Samuel knew the reason why.  He also felt Yugi and Ryou's energy signals.  He just smirked though.  'Yami and Bakura will never make it ot them in time now.  These little ones don't know that they're giving off their own life energy.  It looks like they won't have the chance to become fairies after all because the fourth requirement is to be able to control life energy,' he thought.  But he would be wrong yet again.

Yami and Bakura had a secret that no one in the Fairy Kingdom knew.  Even Samuel didn't know while he was still in the Fairy Kingdom.  In addition to strong magic, Yami and Bakura were the fastest fairies in the entire kingdom.  They had just never showed how fast they were.  Their maximum speed was actually that of a shooting star.  Aso, when they flew at their maximum speed, they were undetectable to anyone or anything.

"We've got to get there fast.  Yugi and Ryou are getting weaker," Bakura said.

"It seems that now is a good time to go at our top speed," Yami said before really streaking through the air.

Bakura soon reached his top speed and caught up to Yami.  They were both determined to reach their young friends in time.

"We're going to have to teach them how to control their life energy," Bakura said.

"I know my friend.  I hope that they'll be able to do it because it is the fourth requirement as well as one of the toughest," Yami said.

They were quickly closing the distance between themselves and Yugi and Ryou.  But the lack of life energy wasn't the only thing that Yugi and Ryou would have to worry about.  They were beginning to suffocate because the oxygen was starting to thin out.  A few minutes later, Yami and Bakura landed at the sorcerer's cave.  The moment they were inside, they could see Yugi and Ryou trapped in a giant glass bottle.  But Samuel hadn't bothered to turn around yet.  Yami and Bakura quickly took advantage of that by becoming invisible.

/We've got to get them out of there/

//I know.  They won't last much longer// He then flew to and landed on the table.  He reared his arm back and gave the bottle a mighty punch. 

The entire bottle completely shattered.  But now the cork fell straight for Yugi and Ryou.  Yami took Yugi and Ryou and quickly flew out of the way.  Then he landed back on the table and became visible again.  Samuel had heard the glass shatter and turned around.

"How did you get here so fast?" Samuel asked.

"As if we'd tell you," Bakura retorted the moment he became visible.  He then rushed to Ryou's side. He felt the life energy still coming out of Ryou.  "How do we stop their life energy from flowing out?" he asked.

"By giving them some of ours.  Our life energy can restore them," Yami responded.  He then closed his eyes and concentrated.  He then became engulfed in a white aura.  He then began to channel some of his life energy into Yugil.

A few moments later, Yugi no longer had life energy coming out of him.  Bakura had given some of his life energy to Ryou. Minutes later, Yugi and Ryou regained consciousness.  They felt that their energy had been completely restored.  They looked up to see Yami and Bakura looking down at them.

"Are you two all right?" Bakura asked.

"We are now thanks to you," Yugi responded.  "But why did Ryou and I feel so weak?" he added.

"A reason why we need to train you.  You unknowingly gave off life energy.  You can't lose too much of that energy because it will kill you," Yami responded.  "You're going to have to control that energy, and Bakura and I are going to help you."

"You won't be helping anyone," Samuel said before unleashing a giant fiery wave.

The large wave threatened to crash down on the four friends.  But Yami would have nothing of it.  He narrowed his eyes and brought his hands up.  Electrical sparks of energy began forming in front of his hands.  The electricity soon formed into a wave and headed for the fieiry one.  The waves ment, canceling each other out.  Before Samuel could do anything else, Yami and Bakura flew off with Yugi and Ryou.

"Mark my words Yami.  Your young friends will never become fairies.  I'll kill them before they do," Samuel said.

"What is life energy?" Yugi asked as Yami carried him through the air.

"Life energy is the energy that keeps you alive.  If you lose too much, then you will die.  That is why Bakura and I need to help you control it," Yami responded.  "We gave you some of our life energy to stop yours from completely flowing out of your body.  Don't worry about us though.  We have unlimited life energy because we aren't human."

"How were we able to give off life energy in the first place?" Ryou asked.

"It somehow happened when you healed Yami and me.  Somehow, some of our magic got into you.  In your determination to escape, you unconsciouslky gave off the energy beacons.  We'll do all that we can to make sure that you will know when you are giving off life energy and how to control how much you give off so you know when to stop giving it off," Bakura responded.

Yugi and Ryou nodded.  A few hours later, they had made it back to the outskirts of Littleville.  Yami and Bakura landed and went back into disguise.  Then they put Yugi and Ryou down before all four of them walked into the town.  The Wildflowers spotted them first and came running as fast as they could.

"Oh thank goodness you're safe," Mrs. Wildflower said.

"Thank you so much Yami, Bakura," Mr. Wildflower said.

"It was nothing at all," Bakura said.

Yugi and Ryou went inside their homes.  Their parents were overjoyed that they were all right.  Then Yugi, Ryou and their families came outside their homes.  It was then that Yugi and Ryou introduced their families to Yami and Bakura.

"It's nice to finally know your names," Mrs. Lily said.

"It's nice to properly meet you too," Yami said as Bakura nodded.

"How did you get back here boys?" Mr. Daisy asked.

"Yami and Bakura have good friends out in the forest.  They sent their friends to find us and bring us back here," Yugi lied.  He knew that this wasn't the time to reveal what Yami and Bakura truly were.

"Well thank  you for helping our boys," Mrs. Daisy said.

"No problem," Bakura said.

Meanwhile, Samuel was plotting on another way to successfully do away with Yugi and Ryou.  He would kill Yugi and Ryou one way or another; he would make sure of that.  The question now was how when all of his plots have been foiled so far.  'Yami, you won't be able to keep savign your young friends.  I will find a way to kill them before you can react,' he thought.




Well, here's the end of this chapter.  Let me tell you, it took a while for me to get a straight idea to finish this chapter.  I'll also tell you that I will be going to my cousin's house in Palmdale on Friday to spend Christmas.  On the day after Christmas, my parents and I will be going to Las Vegas.  So it's going to be a little while before I update.  For all you Digimon readers, I'll try to have the next chapter up to An Enemy's Friendship tomorrow.  If I can't have it up then, then I'll post it when I get back from Vegas.  Moving right along, preview for Chapter 5: Face Your Fears: Yami and Bakura train Yugi and Ryou on being able to control life energy.  But Samuel as always has other ideas.  He successfully sends Yugi and Ryou to a world where there greatest fears become reality.  What's even worse is that Yami and Bakura won't be able to help them with this situation.  Why won't Yami and Bakura be able to help and can Yugi and Ryou survive their greatest fears?  You're going to want to stay tuned to find out.