Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Seeing Isn't Always Believing ❯ A Healing Touch ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Recap: A fierce windstorm interrupted Yugi and Ryou's fun for a while. But Yami and Bakura helped them out of the windstorm and a couple of troublesome frogs. They met up with Seth, and the story of how Seth's virtual twin brother Samuel became a dangerous foe was told. Samuel's first devious act after 1,500 years was kidnapping Yugi and Ryou before they went inside their homes. Yami and Bakura dealt with it and brought Yugi and Ryou back home.
/ is Bakura mental talk
// is Yami mental talk
' is thoughts





Chapter 3: A Healing Touch

After the little confrontation with Samuel, Yugi and Ryou were glad to be back home. Yami and Bakura had dropped them off just outside the town before returning to the Fairy Kingdom. The windstorm still had greatly affected Yugi and Ryou because they were pretty tired. They went straight to sleep when they entered their rooms.
Neither Yugi nor Ryou were aware of something very special and unique from the other citizens of Littleville. Out of all the citizens, they were the two with completely pure hearts. They were the true meaning of innocence in the entire town. Very few people could be called truly innocent. Meanwhile, Yami, Seth and Bakura had also sensed the innocence radiating from Yugi and Ryou.
"I've never felt someone so pure in a long time," Bakura said.
"I know the feeling. It's like fate is trying to tell us something in addition to already granting our wish," Yami said.
"You think that they could possibly become fairies in the future?" Seth asked.
"I don't know Seth. Only time can tell, but they are on their way," Yami responded.
People who were completely innocent had the chance to become fairies. But not many became fairies because most of the innocents didn't and even refused to believe in fairies. Yugi and Ryou strongly believed in fairies though, which was one step to becoming a real live fairy. Meanwhile back in Littleville, sleep came easy to Yugi and Ryou until late night. Then they both had the same dream. But this was really a terrifying vision.

| The Vision |

It started off as a peaceful day in Littleville. But things were too peaceful, which had the entire town on edge. They knew that something very big and very awful could happen at any time. The extreme calmness of the day was nerve wracking for Yugi and Ryou. They were at the Wildflowers' house.
"It's too quiet today," Ryou said.
"I know what you mean. We have to be on our guard for now," Mrs. Wildflower said.
"Animal attack!" they heard someone shout an hour later.
"Yugi, Ryou, go to the back room. There are no windows so you won't be seen. There is also a door that you can sneak out of," Mr. Wildflower said.
Yugi and Ryou went to the back room. Like Mr. Widflower said, there were no windows. The animals didn't see them this time. They quietly went out of the back door and began to flee the town. Some of the animals saw them.
"Some of you go after them. The rest of you continue destroying the town," a familiar voice said.
"That's Samuel," Yugi said.
"We can't stop. We have to get away," Ryou said.
Yugi and Ryou ran into the forest with eagles and hawks after them. This would be another slim to no chance escape like with the falcons. Meanwhile in the Fairy Kingdom, Yami and Bakura had sensed the critical danger Yugi and Ryou were in and were on their way to help. One of the eagles swooped down to capture Yugi and Ryou.
Yugi and Ryou went flat to the ground with no time to spare. They decided to stay on the ground. The eagles and hawks tried to grab Yugi and Ryou. Since Yugi and Ryou were flat on the ground, there were no gaps for the birds of prey to put their feet through.
"Leave them alone!" two voices shouted.
Yugi and Ryou knew that Yami and Bakura had come. Yugi and Ryou knew to keep on the ground because getting up could mean being captured. Yami helped to clear the birds from around Yugi and Ryou by firing a lightning bolt from his hand at the birds. The birds flew in different directions. Yami and Bakura then landed next to Yugi and Ryou.
"Are you two all right?" Bakura asked.
"We are now," Yugi responded.
An eagle and a hawk tried to grab Yugi and Ryou from behind. Yami and Bakura saw the eagles.
"Yugi, Ryou, look out!" Yami and Bakura shouted.
Yami pushed Yugi out of the way, and Bakura pushed Ryou out of the way. But Yami and Bakura were now in the way and didn't have them time to move. The eagle and hawik ended up cutting deep into Yami and Bakura. Yami and Bakura fell to the ground. The severe injury instantly left them too weak to heal each other.
"Yami!" Yugi shouted.
"Bakura!" Ryou shouted.
The eagles and hawks came again. This time, capture looked inevitable.

| Vision Ends |

Yugi and Ryou woke up sweating hard. That was the worst dream they've ever had.
'That was a horrible nightmare. But it felt too real to be a nightmare,' Yugi thought before going back to sleep.
Ryou though the same thing at his house. 'That dream, it was so real. I have a really bad feeling that it will actually happen,' he thought before also going back to sleep.
The vision would end up happening. The very next day, Samuel searched the forest, looking for animals. Before his exile, he heard many stories of the animal attacks at Littleville, and how the fairies of the Fairy Kingdom had saved some of the inhabitants. When he secretly went back to the kingdom, the stories now included the one about Yami saving Yugi from a flock of falcons.
'Why waste my magic on those simpletons when the animals can bring those young boys to me. I'm sure that they would really love to capture those boys now,' Samuel thought. He soon found a group of animals by a large tree. He went over to them.
The aminals consisted of eagles, hawks, raccoons and squirrels. The looked and saw Samuel coming toward them. They didn't know how, but they felt that he could help them to really do damage to the town of Littleville. Samuel looked in the animals' eyes and saw that they would work with him.
"You have made a wise choice. I have a special job for you. You will get to destroy Littleville, but I also want you to capture Yugi and Ryou, the two young boys that live there," Samuel said.
The raccoons and squirrels grinned evilly at the mention of Yugi and Ryou's names. Yugi and Ryou had gotten away from the squirrels and raccoons a lot. All the animals nodded and prepared for their biggest attack on Littleville yet. This would be an attack that could lead to the death of two more of its inhabitants.
Meanwhile, Yugi and Ryou were at Mr. and Mrs. Wildflower's house. They would usually hang out with Mr. and Mrs. Wildflower a lot. The Wildflowers always appreciated the company and would think of activities.for Yugi and Ryou to do. Sometimes, they even went out. Mr. and Mrs. Wildflower had pet butterflies that were more than happy to give Yugi and Ryou a ride as well as their masters. This time, Yugi and Ryou just hung out while playing fairies again. They couldn't keep focused on their game for long because things were too quiet today.
"It's too quiet out there," Yugi said.
"I know," Mr. Wildflower agreed.
"It's like that dream I had," Yugi said.
"You mean the dream about the animal attack?" Ryou asked.
"You had that dream too?" Yugi asked in response.
"Yes I did. I hope that it doesn't come true," Ryou responded.
"What was your dream about?" Mrs. Wildfower asked.
Yugi and Ryou told the Wildflowers about their dream. The Wildflowers were very worried afterwards.
"I hope that your dream doesn't come true either. That's going to be a scary thing to experience," Mr. Wildflower said.
Unfortunately, everyone in the house and the town heard birds screeching. They then felt the ground shaking. However, this wasn't an earthquake. It was another animal attack starting to unfold. Sure enough, everyone in the town heard the inevitable warning an hour later.
"It's an animal attack! Everyone into your homes now!" someone shouted.
Yugi and Ryou stayed with the Wildflowers. Everyone outside scrambled to get inside. The homes in Littleville all had a sturdy room in them. Because of the frequent attacks, the need for a room that wouldn't be trampled over was very high. So the citizens took time to get wood from trees to build a separate room. This room would be a shelter room. It was indeed a sturdy room because it always remained standing.
"Yugi, Ryou, go to the back room. There are no windows so the animals won't see you. There is also a door that you can sneak out of. The best chance we have is for you to escape. If we are captured this day, we don't want you two to be captured as well," Mrs. Wildflower said.
Yugi and Ryou nodded and ran to the back room. The animals were on the house in seconds and began to destroy it. Mr. and Mrs. Wildflower were able to get in the second safe room. The had two safe rooms. But the one that they were in didn't have a door leading outside. Meanwhlie, the other houses were also getting destroyed. But the safe rooms were holding true.
"Let's try to get out of here," Ryou said.
Yugi nodded, and they headed out the door. Then they ran our of Littleville and into the forest. The eagles and hawks saw them running from the town. Samuel also saw them.
"Eagles, hawks, bring them to me. The rest of you continue to destroy the town," Samuel said.
"That was Samuel," Yugi said.
"I know, but we can't stop. The animals are after us," Ryou said.
They ran out into the forest. They knew that they had to try to get away even though there wasn't much hope without Yami and Bakura this time. They could hear the eagles screeching in the air. But Yami and Bakura were on their way. They had sensed that their friends were in big trouble with all the letters capitalized.
"I hope we're in time," Bakura said.
Meanwhile, one of the eagles dove to capture Yugi and Ryou. Yugi and Ryou could hear the wind on the eagle's wings.
"Get down flat!" Ryou shouted before going flat on the ground.
Yugi lay flat on the ground as well. They had no time to spare because the eagle had just missed. They knew from their dream to stay flat on the ground because getting up would definitely mean their capture this time. Suddenly, a lightning bolt came down, scattering the eagles and hawks.
"Leave them alone!" two voices shouted.
Yami shot another lightning bolt from his hand, scattering the eagles and hawks more. Then he and Bakura landed next to Yugi and Ryou.
"Are you two all right?" Bakura asked.
"We are now thanks to you," Yugi responded.
Like in Yugi and Ryou's vision, an eagle and a hawk came at Yugi and Ryou from behind. A sneak capture was in attempt. Yami and Bakura looked and saw the birds coming at Yugi and Ryou from behind.
"Yugi, Ryou, look out!" Yami and Bakura shouted.
Yami pushed Yugi out of the way, and Bakura pushed Ryou out of the way. Yugi and Ryou could only watch in horror as the inevitable happened. Yami and Bakura were critically injured. They had deep cuts going from their legs to their chest and fell to the ground. They couldn't heal each other because the severity of their injuries left them very weak.
"Yami! Bakura!" Yugi and Ryou cried, rushing to Yami and Bakura's side.
"Yugi...Ryou...run," Yami said weakly.
"You...can...stilll...get...away," Bakura added just as weakly.
"We won't leave you," Yugi said.
"We may have only known each other for a short time, but you're our friends. Friends don't just leave other friends out in situations like this without a good reason," Ryou added, holding Bakura's hand.
Yugi took hold of Yami's hand. Suddenly, Yami and Bakura were bathed in a bright blue light. The eagles and hawks had to stop and turn away from the intense light. Yugi and Ryou shielded their eyes while still keeping grip on Yami and Bakura. Yami felt his strength coming back. He looked to his wound and saw it closing up.
Bakura also felt his strength coming back. He looked to see his wound also closing. He could barely believe what was happening. A human with no magic at all was healing him. Yami felt the same way. It was impossible for someone with no magic to heal a fairy.
'This is impossible,' Yami thought. But then he realized something. 'It's Yugi and Ryou's friendship that's healing us. Can this be true? Are Yugi and Ryou bound to be fairies?'
Soon, Yami and Bakura were completely healed. The light then faded into nothing. Yugi and Ryou looked in awe and confusion. They knew that they didn't have an ounce of magic in them. But Yami and Bakura were healed of their injuries. Yami and Bakura then let go of Yugi and Ryou's hands and stood up. Both were eager for a little payback. They looked at each other, then the eagles and hawks.
"Payback time," Yami and Bakura said smirking.
Bakura put a shield over Yugi and Ryou. "This shield will protect you," he said before he and Yami flew up to face the eagles and hawks.
The eagles and hawks tried to get Yugi and Ryou but slammed into a shield. The ones that slammed into the shield were knocked unconscious. Yami and Bakura then snapped their fingers, and the unconscious birds were transported deeper into the forest. There was one eagle and one hawk left.
"I'll take the hawk," Bakura said.
"Right, and the eagle is mine," Yami agreed.
The hawk then swooped for Bakura, intending to hurt him like it did last time. But the only reason the hawk hurt Bakura in the first place was because Bakura was focused on Ryou's safety. Now htat Ryou was safe, his focus was on the hawk in front of him. Bakura grabbed onto the hawk and rode it like a cowboy rode a bronco.
The hawk tried to shake Bakura loose, but Bakura held tight and wouldn't let go. After about half an hour, Bakura decided that it was time to finish things. He flew off the hawk ands way from the hawk. Bakura intended to give the hawk a flying kick to the stomach. When far enough where he would have enough momentum, he charged for the hawk.
The hawk was dazed from trying to shake Bakura to see Bakura charging at it. Bakura followed through and kicked the hawk hard in the stomach. The intense mometum made the hawk shriek in pain. The hawk then fell out of the sky. At the same time that Bakura took the ride of his life on the hawk, Yami had more fun than fighting with the eagle. The eagle kept trying to seriously hurt Yami again. But like Bakura, Yami's focus was on Yugi's safety. Now that Yugi was safe, the eagle wouldn't be able to do another sneak attack easily. Yami dodged every pass the eagle made and kicked the eagle in the head.
The eagle had passed quite a few times, so it got quite a few kicks to the head. But Yami was actually toying around with it. He really wasn't kicking that hard. Even though Yami was having fun, it was time to end things. When he dodged the eagle's next pass, he kicked the eagle's head hard. Due to Yami's great strength, he didn't have to do what Bakura did to give the eagle a hard impact. The impact knocked the eagle unconscious, and it fell from the sky.
Then Yami and Bakura landed next to Yugi and Ryou. Bakura then removed the shield. Yugi and Ryou still couldn't believe that they healed Yami and Bakura. Yami and Bakura could tell that Yugi and Ryou were thinking about the healing incident. Actually, Yami and Bakura still couldn't believe what happened either.
"How could we heal you?" Ryou asked.
"We don't have any magic," Yugi added.
"Yami and I are still trying to grasp this ourselves," Bakura said.
"Now isn't the time to explain. Bakura and I will tell you when the time is right," Yami said. "Now let's get you back to Littleville." He picked up Yugi and flew off.
Bakura picked up Ryou and flew off after Yami. When they were over Littleville, they could see that the town with the exception of wooden rooms had been completely destroyed. Yami and Bakura glowed a gold color. The flew over the town. The inhabitants could see something gold streak over the town. Then the houses started reparing themelves. Soon, the town was rebuilt. Yami and Bakura then flew just outside town into the forest before the gold dimmed. Then they put Yugi and Ryou down.
"Thank you for rebuilding our town," Ryou said.
"It was nothing Ryou," Bakura said.
"We need to be getting back," Yami said. "Seth and the others will really want to know about this." Then he and Bakura flew off.
Yugi and Ryou went into town and to the Wildflowers' house. Yugi knocked on the door, and Mr. Wildflower answered. He was overjoyed to see Yugi and Ryou back safely. Mrs. Wildflower then came to the door. She shed tears of joy upon seeing Yugi and Ryou unharmed.
"Thank goodness you're safe," Mrs. Wildflower said.
"We would've been captured if not for Yami and Bakura," Ryou said.
"We've got the most incredible story to tell you," Yugi added as he and Ryou went inside the house.
Yugi and Ryou took turns explaining what happened from the time they fled the town to when Yami and Bakura left for the Fairy Kingdom. Mr. and Mrs. Wildflower could barely believe their ears.
"But you two are as mortal as we are," Mr. Wildflower said.
"We know. That's the weird thing," Yugi and Ryou said.
Meanwhile, Samuel had seen everything. Now he knew that he had to kill Yugi and Ryou. He had heard about what it takes for humans to be given the gift of becoming a fairy. Yugi and Ryou were well on their way to becoming fairies. Not only were they truly innocent and had a strong belief in fairies, they also healed Yami and Bakura.
'Yami, your new friends will not become fairies. I will make sure of that,' Samuel thought.
When Yami and Bakura returned to the Fairy Kingdom, Seth and Maria were waiting. Bakura then told them what happened. Seth and Maria were amazed beyond belief. Two ordinary mortals had done the impossible.
"So does this mean that they'll become fairies?" Maria asked.
"It is most likely that they will become fairies. They have met three of the six requirements," Yami responded.
"But the last three are the toughest. And the last one is deadly. I'm really worried about them now. They could die," Seth said.
"Bakura and I will do our best to protect them. We hope that they will be fairies too. I know that your brother knows about what Yugi and Ryou did because I could sense that he was in the area we were in. He will stop at nothing to kill them now. We and they will have to be on our highest guard now," Yami said. "The best way is if Bakura and I are around them. Seth, Maria, I'm leaving the kingdom in your hands. If a problem arises, just telepathically talk to me," Yami said.
"We'll do our best my liege," Maria said.
Then Yami and Bakura took off for Littleville. When they arrived, they hid their wings and changed their clothing to what regular mortals wore. Yami made sure to magically hide his tiara. They wanted to look like ordinary people. Yugi and Ryou just happened to be outside when Yami and Bakura showed up. They saw Yami and Bakura change their appearance into that of ordinary mortals.
"Why are you here?" Yugi asked curiously.
"The best way to protect you will be to live among you. So we decided to come an live here until the problem we have with Samuel blows over," Yami responded.
Yugi and Ryou nodded. Then they led Yami and Bakura to the Wildflowers' house and told Mr. and Mrs. Wildflower everything. Mr. and Mrs. Wildflower were more than happy to have Yami and Bakura living in the house.
"Thank you. You're very kind," Yami said.
"It's the least we could do after you rescued us 15 years ago," Mr. Wildflower said.
That little bit of info shocked Yugi and Ryou. They knew that the Wildflowers were rescued, but not who rescued them.
"You saved Mr. and Mrs. Wildflower?" Ryou asked.
"Yes Ryou. I was the one to help them. Fifteen years ago, a couple of raccoons captured them. I just happened to be on my daily flight through the forest when I heard them crying for help. I dealt with the raccoons and helped the Wildflowers home," Yami responded.
"Well, Ryou and I have to go home. We'll see you tomorrow," Yugi said.
"All right Yugi. Good night," Yami and Bakura said.
"Good night," Yugi and Ryou said before heading home.
Yugi and Ryou were next-door neighbors, and the Wildflowers lived across the street. Yugi and Ryou were excited though. Now they could do things with Yami and Bakura without waiting for Yami and Bakura to come from the Fariy Kingdom. True that the issue with Samuel was still present, but that didn't mean that they couldn't have some fun.



And here's another chapter for you. Now you know the reason that Yugi and Ryou healed Yami and Bakura. Yugi and Ryou have a really good chance to become fairies. but only time will tell. They've still got three very difficutlt requirements to fulfill. Preview for Chapter 4: Theft in the Night: Samuel gets more frequent with his attacks on Yugi and Ryou. But now that Yami and Bakura are living with them, help is always nearby. But a theft in the night leaves the town in mass confusion the next morning.