Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Seto's Wish Alternate World Conclusion ❯ C41 Next Stage - Kaiba vs. Kaiba Chapter 3 ( Chapter 41 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: The following was written by Clarity2199.
x-x-x-x-x-x-xx-x-x-x-x-x x-x-x-x-x-x-xx-x-x-x-x-x x-x-x-x-x-x-xx-x-x-x-x-x
============================================================
 
C41 Next Stage - Kaiba vs. Kaiba Chapter 3
 
Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon came to life, after all three Blue Eyes were permanently removed from the game. The 3-headed beast looked down at JKaiba and roared furiously at him, causing him to unconsciously take a step back. The last time he stared down at his own ultimate monster was when he was testing himself by using the god card Obelisk. But he didn't have a god card, this time. And in one vicious blow, he'd lose the duel.
 
“Come on, Seto.....you can do it!” MKaiba blurted out, causing Tristan to smile down at him with pride. JKaiba glanced over at him for a moment, before looking back. He still couldn't get use to the idea that this other version of himself was really Mokuba. It was still too freaky to think about.
 
MKaiba then looked over to see why Mokuba wasn't cheering. He thought for sure he would have been the one to be right there to support him. But when he looked over, he noticed this other Mokuba was fast asleep. MKaiba smiled. `I knew he felt bad, but I guess I didn't know how just how much.'
 
MKaiba then picked him up carefully, only getting a small quiet whimper and gently laid him on a nearby desk, knowing this is what his brother would do if it was him. It wasn't the best placement in the world. But, at the moment, it was all they had. He then covered him up with his trench coat, and turned around to watch the rest of the duel.
 
DTKaiba was still laughing like a crazy man, as he spat out, “What's the matter, `Kaiba'?? You don't seem all that confident anymore. How does it feel to be staring down at your death, at your soon to be defeat? Now who's the novice! I told you I was the superior one! And you......you're the one that can't summon an Ultimate Dragon. After all, thanks to my Crush Card....they were also all sent to the graveyard, along with any other monster that was worth anything. Not that it matters, any......because you're not going to survive another minute. This battle is over! Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon, Ultimate Burst Stream!”
 
The three Dragons reared their mighty heads at once, attacking XYZ Dragon Cannon. But JKaiba quickly said, “I activate Negate Attack!” forcing Ultimate Dragon to stop his attack.
 
“Ha! What good will one more turn do? Fine, you want to prolong your pain, then go ahead. I end my turn, now make your move!” DTKaiba snapped.
 
JKaiba hesitated with his hand on the deck, before drawing a card. He cocked an eyebrow looking at it, but showed nothing more than that, as he said, “I place one card face-down and end my turn.”
 
Yugi gasped, “Why didn't Kaiba put it in defense mode?”
 
`That's simple, Yugi. Kaiba never puts his monsters in defense mode. He probably assumes if he can't defeat his opponent with the strong monster he has on the field, he doesn't deserve to continue.' Yami explained.
 
“But......but.......” Yugi stuttered and sighed. “Kaiba just `has' to win......”
 
Joey growled, “Come on Kaiba, hang in there!”
 
JKaiba finally glanced over after hearing Joey and offered a very weak smile, before focusing back on the game.
 
“You're really starting to enjoy your little cheer-leading groupies, aren't you? Is it desperation, or are you showing your true colors, finally letting everyone see the weak pathetic fool that you really are!” DTKaiba stated, throwing JKaiba's acknowledgement back in his face.
 
Any sign towards Joey was long-gone now, as he glared at DTKaiba, stating, “It's your turn, or did you forget?”
 
“I don't forget anything. Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon......now take out that pathetic excuse for a monster and finish it's equally weak and pathetic owner!” DTKaiba spat.
 
As Ultimate Dragon powered up again, JKaiba quickly added, “Hold on! I activate Dragon Capture Jar!”
 
“What??” DTKaiba questioned in shock, as the whole room gasped.
 
“That's odd.......that's not one of Kaiba's normal cards. How did he get that in his deck?” Yugi asked the pharaoh.
 
`I'm not sure, Yugi. Could Kaiba have predicted that he would challenge one of the other Kaiba's?'
 
“You cheated!!” DTKaiba spouted again. “You planned on fighting me and slipped that in.....that's why you even challenged me!”
 
“Enough of your pathetic accusations!” JKaiba snapped. “For your information, my deck is exactly the way it was when I ended up here and it's never been changed.......not that it's any of your business! When you accepted my challenge, you accepted every card in my deck, as well! Ultimate Dragon is now forced into defense mode. You still have a turn to finish. If you can't handle the pressure, then surrender the game to me!”
 
“NEVER!” DTKaiba snapped. He glared daggers at JKaiba then calmed instantly, even smirking. “Fine. But you're only delaying the inevitable. There's nothing you have that can stand against my magnificent beast, even in defense mode. You know you're only stalling for time. How long can you continue the game, before you can no longer find a card that can save you?”
 
“You should talk. You might have a powerful monster, but it's useless if it can't attack.” JKaiba stated.
 
DTKaiba then sneered, saying, “Are you so sure? Let me clue you in on something.......” Kaiba took one of the two cards in his hands and flipped it for JKaiba to see it. Everyone gasped......it was Dust Tornado. “I drew it this turn, but didn't think it was necessary to bother putting on the field yet.....until now.” DTKaiba then took the card and placed it facedown on the field. “I'm afraid this is your last turn to delay my dragon. As soon as you pick up a card, my trap card will activate, destroying your Dragon Capture Card. This is your last turn to do anything.......and on my next turn, I'll obliterate you.” JKaiba said nothing, staring at DTKaiba. “I end my turn.”
 
JKaiba brought his hand to the deck, looking at the beast that looked menacing even in defense mode. It all looked so hopeless, and he was beginning to wonder if this time maybe DTKaiba was right. Again, he heard Joey calling, “Come on Kaiba, you can do it!”
 
`Am I losing because of you, Joey?' JKaiba wondered, as he heard Joey's voice continually cheering for him in the background. `Is my weakness causing me to lose?'
 
Even now, he missed Joey......'his' Joey, the one from his world, the one that accepted who he was. He was the reason he had Dragon Capture Jar in his deck in the first place, put there to torment the mutt during a duel with him. At that thought, he blinked. Did his feelings for Joey not just give him another turn to live? `Maybe it really `is' a strength. Could it be?'
 
“Joey....” He couldn't give up on Joey. He had to prove to him and to himself that their relationship did not cause a burden in his life....it was a benefit. But, how could he do that when he didn't believe in it?
 
As JKaiba thought about him, he pulled his card. Immediately after, DTKaiba announced, “Dust Tornado, Activate! Dragon Capture Jar is now destroyed and my great Dragon is now free to destroy on my command! Hahahahahahaha!!!”
 
He stared up at this younger more evil and emptier version of him that only understood how to hate and beat everyone else down. Even the kid's eyes reflected emptiness and pain, covered over by his lust for power and his need to prove his superiority to the world. Yugi once told him that a person who duels for all the wrong reasons couldn't win. Was he really right about that? Just because JKaiba fought to save everyone, to save Mokuba, save Joey......did that somehow help his game instead of hurt it?
 
`But, it can't be. I'd be a fool to believe that.' Kaiba thought. `I only duel for myself......that's how I've always dueled. I don't need anyone else.' But he knew he was only fooling himself. He needed Mokuba, he needed Joey.....
 
JKaiba finally lifted the card he just pulled and looked at it, all the while DTKaiba was still laughing hysterically. JKaiba's eyes widened the instant he looked at it......he had totally forgotten this card was even in his deck. He then dropped his head and chuckled silently to himself. `Joey......maybe Yugi was right, all along.'
 
DTKaiba had finally calmed from his laughter, realizing JKaiba was smiling. No, not sneering, or smirking, none of that......he had a natural smile on his face. DTKaiba didn't know what to think. He couldn't remember the last time he had actually smiled. It looked so.......alien. “And what is so amusing?” he snapped back at him, causing their audience to look over. “So......you finally cracked. Maybe you've realized that you're facing your inevitable end.”
 
But JKaiba shook his head. “Not at all......I suppose I realized that maybe I was wrong.”
 
At that, DTKaiba smirked. “Oh? Ready to admit I am the most superior of you all??”
 
“Don't be ridiculous.” JKaiba stated, making DTKaiba scowl. He then looked up at DTKaiba saying, “Someone once told me that the true way of winning is from the support of those that really matter to you. I've never believed those words. In fact, I have mocked and ridiculed that person for preaching to me time and again.......”
 
Yugi's eyes widened, listening to what JKaiba said. He mentally exclaimed, `Pharaoh.....he's talking about us!'
 
`What is he saying??' most of the other Kaiba's were thinking, unable to believe what was spouting from this other's mouth......and quite disgusted to hear it, refusing to believe any of it.
 
“.....but after this battle, I am really beginning to believe it.” Without flipping it over, JKaiba said, “This card was given to me by someone very important to me. And coincidentally, it's also going to be the card that causes your downfall. You were correct before......this game `is' over. But you are the one that's going to lose.” JKaiba then place his card down on the field. “I end my turn.”
 
DTKaiba looked at him twitching, as he looked at JKaiba, then the card, then JKaiba, then the card again. Then finally, he spouted out, “You're LYING!!” All the hate and anger was seen in DTKaiba's face, in his eyes. It was a strange contrast to see these two, so alike and yet so different. JKaiba standing there, whose face had actually softened some after his speech, looking so calm. And then DTKaiba, who started yelling and screaming and spitting...... throwing a flying fit. Despite how close they looked to each other, it was so hard to tell they were actually alike.
 
Finally, DTKaiba yelled at the top of his lungs, “I HATE YOU! I HATE EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU!!”
 
“I know.......” JKaiba quietly muttered, before DTKaiba could even continue on about what it was he hated. JKaiba already knew that DTKaiba hated him......how could he not? They were the same person, and JKaiba hated everything about what he once was, too. He was the one that failed, who gave up, who gave into Gozaburo's teachings......who almost murdered Mokuba. He didn't hate himself now, but he once did.
 
“You make me sick, just looking at you! So soft and pathetic, cowing down to that worthless baggage you call a brother! I was raised to perfection, to be the CEO of Kaiba Corp and take over everything! But then, I see every future version looking soft, stupid, and pathetic like YOU! I am not like you, I will never be like you! I will not allow it, I will NOT give into weakness! When I'm finish with you, I'm not only going to destroy you.....but every other Kaiba that is here! I will KILL them all, and wipe them from existence! I am the only Seto Kaiba!!! I am better than you....do you hear me!! I will make you pay for ever pretending to be ME!!!” was spouting out, all control thrown to the wind.
 
As DTKaiba continued to rant, Yugi said to his other half, `Kaiba said that card he put down was given to him by someone very important to him. Could he mean Mokuba? That evil Kaiba seems to think so. But, Mokuba doesn't play Duel Monsters.'
 
`Perhaps Mokuba bought the card for him as a present.' Yami answered.
 
Yugi nodded, `That's true.'
 
Joey blurted out, “Hey, Yug.....when did Mokuba get into Duel Monsters?”
 
“Yeah.” MKaiba agreed, making Joey look over at him weird. “You know.......this is all `way' too weird for one day.”
 
DTKaiba must have been throwing a fit for a good solid five minutes, before he could finally begin to calm. Somehow, this Kaiba he was fighting had some way of getting under his skin and driving him insane. But now he was finally under control again.
 
DTKaiba dusted himself off, straightened out his clothes, and glared coldly at JKaiba. He then smirked, acting as if nothing like that had just occurred, totally opposite than before. “Enough of this nonsense. You're obviously bluffing. You couldn't have anything to destroy my Ultimate Dragon. Now, prepare your demise. Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon, use Ultimate Burst Stream and finally destroy that pitiful excuse for a Duel Monster!!”
 
Ultimate Dragon powered up, as JKaiba stood there, seeming to do nothing - causing DTKaiba's confidence to grow even more. `I knew he was bluffing. The death throws of the hopeless, trying to con his way out with that disgusting speech. He'll deserve exactly what's coming to him!'
 
The others watched in fear that DTKaiba would win this time. And just at the last second, as the blast began to come near, JKaiba cried out, “I activate my trap card!”
 
“Say, what??” Joey exclaimed.
 
“It can't be!” Yugi cried.
 
“Oh my god!” Tea said.
 
“No way!” some of the other Kaiba's blurted out.
 
The trap card was revealed to be of all things......Grave Robber.
 
“But that's MY card!!” Joey spit out, making all the other Kaiba's look over at him, causing Joey to blush and look away uncomfortably, as if he did something wrong.......even if he had nothing to do with it.
 
“And with it.” JKaiba said, “I will use it to steal your mega morph and attach it to my XYZ Dragon Cannon.”
 
“No, wait! It can't be! Stop!” DTKaiba said in a panic, doing anything to try and stop his own monster's attack, but it was too late......the dragon had already attacked.
 
It struck the XYZ Dragon Cannon, which retaliated.... blasting it's own power forth. And with now 5600 attack points, it destroyed Ultimate Dragon......blasting right through it and hitting DTKaiba directly. DTKaiba cried out, as the blast hit hard, sending him flying - cards scattering everywhere. His life point chart dropped him down to 0......JKaiba was the winner.
 
Though conscious, DTKaiba was twitching......looking insane, as he mumbled to himself in disbelief, huddling on the floor, “I lost.......I lost.......I lost.......I.......lost.........”
 
Yugi's little group was cheering him a victory cheer, despite the way he won. The other Kaiba's were speechless, unable to speak. Well.....except for MKaiba who was cheering him with the others.
 
All but MEKaiba and VWKaiba, who found about his relationship with Joey sooner, took that moment to look at JKaiba, eyeing him curiously. `That's not me.' They all thought. `It can't be!'
 
Even GSeto didn't seem to understand. From what was said, the card JKaiba used belonged to that Joey person. `But, what does he have to do with me?' he thought, not getting it, at all. It wasn't Mokuba, so that person should have no significance at all to him.
 
“Hey! Can I get down yet??” OSeto asked, not really caring about what was going on, simply wanting to get down.
 
JKaiba now approached the twitching mass that was once DTKaiba. He glared down at him, stating, “You said if you lost, you'd let everyone go and surrender yourself. I expect you to honor your side of the deal.”
 
“What?” DTKaiba asked, looking up at him. He then leaped up, snapping, “Never! Security, kill him, NOW!”
 
But by this time, none of the guards would lift a finger to do as DTKaiba said, anymore. They refused to accept that Seto Kaiba would lose a battle to an imposter. That meant.......that couldn't be the real Seto Kaiba. Therefore, real Kaiba must be the one that won. They crossed their arms, refusing to budge.
 
“Do you hear me? How DARE you disobey me! I'll have you all termina.........”
 
That was as far as DTKaiba got with his further rambling, before JKaiba decked him as hard as he could, knocking him out cold.
 
Roland now approached and bowed, saying, “Master Kaiba, please forgive us! All these copies.....they were confusing to tell who was the real one!”
 
“Just untie all the others, then take the rest of your security team and get out!” JKaiba snapped.
 
“But......what should we do with these other look-alikes, sir?” Roland asked.
 
“They're harmless. I'll deal with them, including this thing, here.......” JKaiba said, kicking the limp DTKaiba.
 
“Yes, sir.” Roland nodded, as he directed the other security to immediately begin to let them go.
 
x-x-x-x-x-x-x
 
They were soon all released, and the guards soon left in a hurry afterwards, hoping they weren't all going to be fired for this. The other Kaiba's began to tie DTKaiba up tight, to ensure he wasn't going to do anymore harm, with JKaiba looking down at his defeated foe, arms crossed and standing tall.
 
Yugi's group approached......all but Tristan, leaning against a wall, arms crossed. Yugi looked up and smiled, saying, “Hey, Kaiba....I knew you could do it!”
 
“Whatever.” JKaiba said, acting as cold as usual, once again.
 
“Um.....what you said about someone convincing you of believing in those that really mattered to you, and how it affects a duel. Well......I was wondering who you were talking about. Was that me?” Yugi asked.
 
JKaiba smirked, stating, “You're not the only one who preaches to me, Yugi.”
 
Joey then approached, as he cleared his throat and nervously asked, “Uh......how'd you get that card, Kaiba?”
 
JKaiba then looked over at him almost seductively, asking, “Don't you know? You gave it to me.....” He knew it wasn't him, but he loved to mess with the guy.
 
Joey immediately swallowed and backed away.
 
“Then it was Joey.....wasn't it?” Yugi said, and smiled....beginning to understand. “But, what about that Dragon Capture Jar? That's not one of your normal cards, either.” Yugi said.
 
“I know.” JKaiba said, pulling the card from his deck. “That Mutt keeps insisting on trying to duel me......and he has a dragon card, as well. I simply put this in to torture him a little bit. I never imagined I'd be using it against myself.”
 
JKaiba then glanced back up at Joey, who was looking at him totally confused and unsure if he should act fearful, or angry for Kaiba calling him a mutt and claiming to tease him....or honored that Kaiba actually battled him more often. So, he just stood there with a typical blank look on his face.