Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Shadow's Light ❯ The Begining ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Yami watched as the blonde yami cackled over the dead angel's body. Kara had been stabbed in the back by Yami Malik's dagger and wasn't moving- which is a bad sign.

Yami Malik sneered at the body as he licked his dagger."Now what should I do with the body? Can't just let it rot now." He turned to the other yamis."What do you think? Let her rot or no?"

Yami was going to yell at the villian, when he heard Bakura chuckle. He looked curiosly at the other yami, Yami Malik mimicing his confusion."What's so funny, Bakura?" Yami Malik asked, annoyed that Bakura showed no fear.

Bakura smirked at the blonde."I would be scared if I were you." Yami Malik returned the smirk."Why? Have a little plan instore for me?" he mocked.

Bakura shook his head."No. But I'm sure Kara can think of something."

"What?"

"Look."

Yami Malik stared at his victim. Suddenly his widened in shock, Kara was glowing! "What is this?" he yelled. Bakura gave a low chuckle."That is the true power of a demon. One that knows no mercy for their enemys."

Yami Malik staggered back as huge, black, leathery wings sprouted of Kara's back. Lavender eyes watched as Kara got to her feet and growled viciously.

Now, he was worried.

~*~

Kurai raced through the Shadow Realm looking for his sister. He had felt her power increase incredibily and was worried as to what happened. Nearby, Sekhment flew at the same speed but was searching for her charge rather than the hanyou.

"We have to find them now Kurai! Who knows what could be happening!"

Kurai nodded."Let's hurry then." The two flapped their wings and zoomed of into the darkness.

~*~

Ryou smiled as he heared his mother and father laugh downstairs. They had just finished dinner and, after shooing Ryou upstairs for homework, were talking amongst themselves. Ryou smiled as he was now on his last problem. Eager to join his parents, he quickly answered the question and put his homework away for tomorrow's classes.

He ran out of his room and quickly desended the stairs. When he had reached the bottom something felt wrong. He shuddered at the cold feeling at the back of his neck. He entered the living room and gasped when neither of his parents were there.

He ran into the kitchen only to find it empty. "Where'd they go?" he wondered out loud. Then he ran upstairs and entered their bedroom. He checked the closets, bathroom and even the basement and guest room. They weren't there. It was as if they had vanished in thin air.

Ryou raced towards the front door. He turned the doorknob but it wouldn't open. He tried the back door, it was locked as well. Then he went for the windows- they wouldn't even budge!

Ryou felt his heart beat quicken."What's going on? Why won't anything open?" he asked the emtpy house.

"Its seems we're left alone, hikari."

Ryou turned around to find Bakura standing there. Ryou smiled and ran to the other white haired boy. "Bakura! I thought I was alone here. I'm so glad you're here!"

Bakura sneered at the hikari."Oh, but you are alone Ryou." Ryou cocked his head to the side."What do mean, nii-san? You're here."

Bakura chuckled and disappeared. Ryou gasped and ran to where he last stood."Bakura! Bakura where are you?"

Ryou yelped in surprise as he was hit with an invisible force, throwing him across the room. He looked around wildly for his attacker."What just happened?"

"Are you scared hikari?" Bakura's voice taunted.

"Bakura! Bakura where are you?"

Ryou gasped as he felt himself being thrown across the room again. He cried out as he hit a vase. The sharps shards dug into Ryou's skin making him hiss in pain. Ryou winced as he saw blood come out of the wounds.

Bakura appeared infront of Ryou, he didn't look happy. Ryou looked up at the yami with confused eyes."Bakura what's going on? Who's doing this?"

Bakura continued to look down at Ryou."Bakura?" Bakura raised his hand, his eyes glowing. Ryou gasped as he levitated off the ground. Bakura gestured his arm to the side sending Ryou crashing into another wall.

Ryou held his arm to his chest as sharp waves of pain coursed through his arm. Ryou watched as Bakura strode over to his broken form."Why?" he paused as he felt another wave of pain,"Why Bakura? Why are you doing this to me?"

Bakura picked Ryou up by the collar. Ryou whimpered as Bakura tightened his grip around his neck. "Bakura....?"

"Shut up!" Bakura slapped Ryou across the face. Tears welled up in the hikari's soft brown eyes."Look at you! Pathetic! How in the name of Ra did I get stuck with someone as worthless as you?"

"W-Worthless...?"

"Even the pharaoh's hikari is stronger than you. Atleast he knows not to cry when you get hit!"

Ryou looked into Bakura's eyes. They were cold and hard- Ryou had never seem them like this before. Ryou was soon slapped again by Bakura."Who gave you permission to look at me?" Ryou sniffled."Well? Answer me!"

"No one."

"No one what?" Bakura spat.

Ryou looked down at the floor. Then that's when it hit him. All his memories- the beatings, the pain, all the torment he felt- suddenly came back to him. Ryou tears came back. Now he remebered.

"Well?"

"No one..master."

~*~

Yami Malik staggered back as another shockwave emitted from Kara. He glared the hanyou- who was now changing into her demon form. Why didn't Shadow tell me about this?, he thought angrily. That bastard! He probably wanted me dead so I couldn't interfer with his plans.

He gripped the dagger in his hands. We'll just have to see about that, he smirked as he saw Kara rise to her feet.

Yami watched as the innocent, sweet girl he had come to know, turn into a blood thirsty demon. He glanced at Bakura and was shocked to see the yami smiling. He turned his attention back to the display of power infront him. I'll deal with the tomb robber later, he thought.

Bakura noticed Yami's stare. He didn't care really, he was just excited to see Kara's power. He was going to ask the pharaoh something when he heard Kara's evil laugh. He grinned. This is it! he thought, excitement building in side him.

Kara stood on her feet, her black, leathery wings spread out of her back to their full wing span. Her hair, usually down, had spiked slightly- giving her an evil look. She ran her tongue across her newly sharpened fangs. She clentched and unclentched her hands- careful of her claws. She grinned and gave out a bone chilling laugh.

"This is great!," she cried out."I haven't felt like this in a millenia!" She reached out to her wings, brushing the leather with her fingers softly. She gave a low chuckle."Oh, how fun!" She turned towards Yami Malik."Thank you. If it hadn't been for you, I would have never transformed," her wings spread out again, small spikes at the tips glistened in the dark."Let me return the favor."

Before he could ready himself, Kara had already stabbed him the the stomache. He fell to his knees holding his stomache. Kara shadowed over him, looking fascinated at her blood stained hand."I had forgotten how warm blood is." She licked her hand, making a disgusted face as the taste set in her mouth."How horrible!" she gagged,"This blood is practicly poison compared to mine." She sneered at the yami- still holding his bleeding stomache. "You must really be evil to have blood this tainted."

She strode over to the yami and kneeled down in front of him. She cupped his face in her hand and forced him to look at her."How sad. And here I thought you were going to be a challenge."

She raised her dagger above her head and plunged it into her victim."What?" Kara noticed that Yami Malik had disappeared! She looked around franticaly for the yami. "Where is he?"

"I hope that wasn't all you had."

Kara gasped as she felt the Millenium Rod's cold dagger across her neck."Because if it was, then you have no chance of beating me."

Kara shivered as the cold blade slid back and forth across her neck. Her wings shook giving away the fact that she was nervous. Yami Malik laughed."Now, I'll be able to get rid of you and Bakura's little hikari." Kara felt his breathe as he whispered into her ear"Or is he something else to Bakura?" Kara's eyes widened."How..?"

"I have my ways," the yami said smugly.

"And now," he lifted the dagger above Kara's head,"time to get rid of you." Kara shut her eyes.

I'm sorry Ryou. Please forgive me.

"Kara!"

The hanyou looked up- a huge smile spread cross her face."Kurai!" Yami Malik frowned,"Another hanyou to kill. No matter, more fun for me."

"Kurai get out of here now! Go save Ryou!"

"That your job, Kara. Plus, I'm here to save you!"

"What? Baka! Get the hell out of here!"

"I'll get out of here when I want to Kara!"

The fight raged on between the siblings. Everyone who watched-Yami Malik, Yami Bakura and Sekhment- sweatdropped. Yami Malik growled in anoyance."That's it! I'm killing you right now!"

Kurai gasped,"Kara! No!" He grabbed a small dagger out of nowhere and threw it at Yami Malik's hand. It hit it's target and went straight threw the bone. Yami Malik cried out in pain and released Kara. Kara ran to her brother and embraced him.(AN:Awww)

"Nice shot!" Kara commented. Kurai blushed."Thanks sis." Kurai gave her brother an evil look."Let's finish this bastard off and go save Ryou." Kurai smirked at his sister."You read my mind."

Yami Malik held his bleeding hand, failing to notice the twins' rising energy. He growled and turned to face the siblings, but gasped at what he saw.

Kurai and Kara had a strange aura surrounding them. Kurai's was bark while her bother's was white. The twins held their hands away from their bodies. Spheres of energy ormed in their hands. Yami Malik scoffed,"Do you really think that your pathetic attacks will kill me? Idiots. I'm immortal! I can't be destroyed!"

Kara laughed."No one is immortal. Everyone can die- and that includes you." Kurai smirked."And our attacks aren't pathetic. Both heaven and hell fear us and our powers." Yami Malik sneered at the twins."Then why be good? Both of you have demon power, why be controlled by good?"

The twins eyes flashed. They raised they arms and let loose the energy spheres.

"Because we do."

The spheres hit the yami- destroying him into complete oblivion.

~*~

Kami-sama! I'm so sorry you guys! I know its been forever since I last updated. I'm really really reallyx10 sorry!

R&R Onegai