Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Shadow's Light ❯ The Hunt ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ryou struggled against his restraints. Shadow had moved him so he was tied up against the wall instead of on the table. Ryou pulled once more but crumpled to the floor from exhaustion. He breathed heavily and tried to recuperate his energy. He wiped the sweat off his forehead and stared at the stone ceiling. For a split second, he saw Bakura in the hard stone.

Brown eyes, tired and full of sorrow, began to tear up. Ryou sniffed as stared up at the cold ceiling.

"Bakura, where are you?"

~*~

Brown eyes, cold and ruthless, stared out into the vast land of darkness. Yami's crimson eyes searched the area for attackers. Kara stretched and brought out a small dagger safely hidden in her trench coat.

The hanyou looked at the white-haired yami. His eyes were burning with such emotion that it even made her worry, which is very rare for an angel. Yami turned to face his rival."Which way do we go Bakura?" Bakura grunted and took a step forward."This way," he gestured,"let's hurry. Who knows what's happened to them." Yami nodded and the three set out in search of the two hikaris.

~*~

Yami Malik watched as his prey neared the castle, or tomb as he liked to call it. The Millenium Rod's hidden dagger flashed as the spirit held it close to his face. He smirked and licked the dagger and swore to himself that blood will stain the blade soon.

~*~

Ryou opened his eyes. How long was I asleep? he thought as he rubbed the bridge of his nose. He stopped suddenly, something was wrong. He looked at his wrist. Where was the shackle? The chains? Then he realized that he was sitting on a bed and not the cold hard floor.

"How..what.....who....?" he stuttered. He looked around the room. Blue walls, posters of Duel Monsters covered the walls, and the picture. The was a picture of his family next to the bed. His father wrapped his arm around Ryou's shoulders, who smiled into the camera. And there was a woman. Her white hair glowed with such beauty Ryou couldn't describe, her blue eyes were filled with joy as she hugged Ryou from behind.

"Ryou-chan! Time to wake up!" a loving woman's voice called. Ryou stared at the door when he heard footsteps near it. The door opened slowly as a beautiful woman poked her head in. It was her, the woman in the picture.

"Hurry and get ready sweetie. It's almost time for school," she said sweetly. Ryou gawked at the woman, who stared at him confused."What's wrong sweetie? Are you sick?" She walked over to Ryou and placed her hand on his forehead."You don't have a fever. Maybe you should stay home today."

Am I dead? Is this a dream? Ryou thought. The woman smiled at Ryou."Now get dressed before the food gets cold."

She walked out the door leaving the stunned hikari. Ryou stared at the doorway. That woman, he thought, how is she here?

Ryou glanced at the picture and smiled."Mother...."

~*~

Kara growled, making the two yamis look at her."What is it?" Bakura asked. Kara pointed ahead and glared."We have company." Yami looked ahead and glared.

Yami Malik was here.

Bakura glared as he walked towards the evil spirit. Yami Malik smirked at the white-haired yami."Hello. Welcome to the Shadow Realm. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay here." Bakura looked straight into the dark lavender eyes."Where are the hikaris?"

The blonde pouted and waved his finger at the yami."Tsk. Tsk. You're supposed to say 'hi' back Bakura. Don't you have any manners?" Bakura glared."Where's Ryou and Malik?" Yami Malik smirked."Shadow has him. And last time I checked he was having fun with your little hikari."

Kara's eyes widened when she heard this. Ryou couldn't be dead, she thought, Oh please God let him be ok. Bakura grabbed the blonde yami by the collar."What the hell did that bastard do to them?" Yami Malik smirked at the yami."Your's is ok, for now. I can't say the same for mine though." Bakura stared at him."What?"

"Malik has just a few minutes to live. I'm the only reason he's still alive. Kill me and you'll kill him as well."

Yami stepped forward and growled at the Egyptian spirit."Liar! Malik can still survive in this realm without you." Yami Malik smirked."Not when he's bleeding his heart out the cold stone floor."

Silence

Kara stuttered,"Y..you can't be serious......" Yami Malik smirked, his face abosutely evil."Oh but I am!" he cackled,"Malik is barely hanging on to the living world. And if you kill me now he'll die."

Bakura punched the blonde yami in the face, sending him sprawling on the ground."Bastard! How dare you leave your hikari to death. Without him you would have never existed," Bakura growled through clenched teeth. Yami Malik sat there on the ground caressing his bruised cheek. His dark lavender eyes flashed as he stood up and brought his dagger to Bakura's neck.

"You don't seem to understand, Spirit of the Ring," he whispered into Bakura's ear,"I don't care what happens to my light as long as I get what I want." The dagger made a thin red line across the white-haired yami's neck. A small trickle of blood oozed from the wound."And what I want is your blood," Yami Malik cackled in Bakura's ear.

~*~

Ryou smiled as he entered his home. That's right- HIS home. He breathed in the love and warmth that had seem nothing but a memory to him.

After placing his school bag and shoes in their rightfull place, he entered the kitchen. Today seemed like a blur, he thought, I can't even remeber what I did at school. He shrugged it off as he looked for his mother.

She was there. Her white hair flowed down her back, her pink apron reached down to her ankles. She smiled as she noticed Ryou at the door."Hey stranger," she joked."How was your day?"

"Great, mom." Warmth flooded his system as he uttered that one word."Mom" oh how he had missed saying that.

"I'm home!"

Ryou beamed as he recognized his father's voice. His mother ran into the living and embraced Shen."Oh sweetie, it's great to have you home." Shen returned the embrace."Good to be home dear." Ryou stood in the doorway watching his parents.

Its great to have everyone here, he thought, Nothing could make it better.

Shen smiled at his son."Hey there tiger, how 'bout you come here and give me a hug?" Ryou ran into his father's arms. His mother and father hugged him, something he hadn't felt in a long time.

This was true bliss.

~*~

Shadow watched silently as the Bakura family embraced each other. His plan was well on its way to success.

Just a little longer Ryou. Then my revenge will be fulfilled.

~*~

Kara rammed her dagger in Yami Malik's arm. The blonde cried out in pain and let go of Bakura. Bakura turned his body and kicked Yami Malik in the ribs. Yami came from behind and elbowed the evil spirit.

Having no time to react to the attacks, Yami Malik fell to the ground. After a while the tri thought he was dead. Yami, cautiously, stepped towards the fallen yami."I think he's dead," he informed the others. Kara sighed as she put her dagger away. Bakura eyed the motionless yami, his brown eyes full of suspicion. His eyes widened as a tanned arm shot out and drag Yami to the ground. Yami yepled in surprise as his face met with the ground.

"You're pathetic if you think I can be defeated that easily."

Kara brought her dagger out, Bakura made the Millenium Ring glow, and Yami got up from the ground rubbin his face. Yami Malik readied his dagger and smirked at the three.

"This won't be easy," Yami said.

"No shit sherlock."

"Don't start you two!"

Yami Malik disappeared into the shadows."Where'd he go?" The trio looked around frantically for the evil spirit. Yami gasped as he pointed behind Kara."Behind you!"

Light brown eyes widened in shock as the cold metal blade made its way through the angel's back. Yami Malik cackled as Kara's body hit the cold floor, her chocolate eyes now lifeless.

Bakura and Yami stared in shock at motionless body. Yami Malik simply pulled the dagger out of the angel's back. He smiled as he licked the blade clean of blood."Angel blood is sweet,"he said,"almost like honey. It's quite addicting."

Yami glared at the blonde yami."You bastard! How could you?" he cried. He was going to charge at him, when Bakura had stopped him."Let me go tomb robber," Yami demanded. Bakura gestured towards Kara."Look," he said simply. Yami glanced at the body and his eyes grew.

~*~

Shadow laughed as he watched the spirits and the angel fight. He smiled as he watched the angel's body fall to the cold ground. Everything was going precisely as he planned."Soon Bakura, you will suffer the same fate as I went through. But the pain I felt will be twice as unbearable to you." He turned to stare at his captive.

Ryou was chained against the wall. Like Kara, his eyes were dead, but his heart was still beating. Shadow walked towards Ryou and stared into the dead brown eyes."Enjoy yourself, hikari. I will need your body soon."

~*~

Done! Yeah! XD

Next time:

What happens when a hanyou is about to die?

//Bakura cringed as he heard the snapping of bones."Kara stop! That's enough!"//

Is Malik going to make it?

//Malik smiled softly at his friends."Good-bye guys. See you later."//

And what about Ryou? Will Bakura save him?

//Ryou cried as the yami sent blow after blow to his body."You're weak! I should've killed you when I had the chance!"//

All this and more next time on Shadow's light!^^\\// *hums DBZ ending theme*

R&R!!