Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Shadowing Glory ❯ Truth Ambiguity ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Shadowing Glory

'Thought'

"Spoken"

Reality (Normal Realm)

Fantasy (Card Realm)

~Dream~

[Shadow Realm]

/Yugi's voice in his head/

//Yami's voice in Yugi's head//

A/N: Ignore any of the following: - lack of clarity, O.O.C.ness and severe weirdness.

Disclaimer: I do not own Yu-Gi-Oh - no matter how much I torture the owners with wet fish, knock-knock jokes and breadboxes with Seto/Pegasus/Bald geezers named Mandy locked inside… they just won't give me CG!!!!!! T_T

Additional note: A fic I wrote in dedication to all people who reviewed this chapter at FanFiction.net using the key words 'card', 'monster' or offering me the Celtic Guardian (*grins*) in their reviews you can find at http://www.fanfiction.net/read.php?storyid=751594.

----------------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------------------------

Part 2 - Truth Ambiguity

"It's manifesting," the Celtic Guardian reported, "and increasingly faster, too."

The Dark Magician narrowed his bright blue eyes. "And the Mystic Elf hasn't found anything yet?"

The Celtic Guardian shook his head.

The Dark Magician sighed then looked at the Celtic Guardian. "Have you heard what some of the monsters have been saying?" he inquired.

"No," he retorted, returning the look, "I haven't."

The Dark Magician smiled as he shut his eyes. "They say a little bit of darkness like that is no danger, that we are just paranoid, delusional fools who are making a fuss out of nothing and are scaring the weak-minded who actually believe what we say."

He began to laugh, as did the Celtic Guardian.

"Each monster is entitled to their own opinion," came the reply, "And we can't force anyone against their own will. They'll be the first to find out first-hand just what this thing can do."

The Dark Magician nodded and looked back in the direction of the cause of the turmoil. "What it does do is something I hope we don't find out…"

The Celtic Guardian crossed his arms tightly over his chest. "Yet you know we will… my sympathy lies with poor Yugi…"

"Indeed. It can only get worse for him though…"

"And all we can do is just hope for the best… it gets so frustrating when you're in no position to help…"

"I wouldn't say that," the Mystic Elf's voice sung out, "I think I'm onto something! You must come with me and take a look!"

The Dark Magician turned round and began following the Mystic Elf as she sophisticatedly stepped along, back the way she had come. However, the Celtic Guardian was more hesitant. "I'll stay here and watch over things, if you don't mind," he began, "I'm afraid I'd just get in the way whilst you two discuss your magic, as I'd just stand around being clueless."

Both the Dark Magician and Mystic Elf chuckled, and nodded with comprehension, then continued to stroll off.

* * * * * *

// How are feeling this morning? //

Yugi wiped the sleep out of his eyes and stretched out his short limbs as he yawned loudly. He then swung his legs round, out from under his covers, and sat on the edge of his bed.

/ Okay, a little cold… /

// If you still feel unwell, I can- //

/ No, it's fine Yami, honestly. /

// You sur- //

/ Yeah, I'm sure, Yami… I'd much rather be on my feet, if you don't mind? /

// If that's what you want, but I'm gonna come out and watch over you, just incase. //

/ Thank you - for everything I mean, Yami… /

// You don't have to thank me, Yugi. It's my pleasure. //

Yugi blinked as he watched Yami emerge from the Millennium Puzzle and he smiled as Yami turned towards him. Yami quickly walked over to him and cupped a hand under his chin, gently lifting his head up until both came eye-to-eye.

"You look a bit pale…" Yami murmured.

Yugi raised a hand and grasped it round Yami's fingers, slowly and gently pulling them down. "It's okay, really…" he pleaded, bearing into him with the innocent stare in his violet eyes.

'Why are you denying me the chance to help you, my angel? I don't understand…' Yami stepped back and turned round to the doorway. "At least let me make the tea," he smirked.

"Sure," Yugi chuckled in response, and both proceeded in trekking along down to get some breakfast and morning tea.

~ Yugi stared round as he found himself in the same nasty fogginess as the previous night - only this time, something seemed different… something wasn't right… he quickly spun round to see the darkened figure of Yami staring over him, smirking demonically.

Yugi's instant reaction was to run, and keep running until he was sure that he was out of dangers' reach. But as he began to sprint in the opposite direction, he could see the floor growing darker, and abruptly something shot out of it, grabbing at his ankles, causing him to fall on his face. As soon as his body touched the floor, more of the 'things' shot out and clutched onto his arms, legs, torso… all restraining him down as the darkened Yami drew closer.

Yugi began to squirm and struggle, but to no avail, and soon he found the towering figure leaning over him, his evil glare piercing into the fragile youth. He felt a warm grip grow over his shoulder, making him jump…~

His eyes focused, and he looked up to see Yami leaning over him, looking extremely concerned. Yami took his hand off of Yugi's shoulder and pulled out the chair next to him, and sat upon it, his gaze never once lingering from his angel.

Yami was resolute on getting to the bottom of this, and his patience being worn thin waiting for Yugi to talk to him about it. He just couldn't understand why he was holding out on him… "Yugi…?" he questioned.

Yugi stared down in silence at his shaking hands then looked up at Yami. 'I want to tell you…but…' he looked up at Yami, noting the genuine look of worry and hurt locked deep within his eyes, then dropped his head back down. "I'm…sorry…" he spluttered out, burying his head into his arms.

Yami rose from his chair and placed an arm round Yugi, and began to comfort him.

'Perhaps he feels he can't turn to me…? Have I… done something to my angel?'

* * * * * *

// You sure you're up for school? //

/ Yes, I'm feeling much better now…/ Yugi smiled as he straightened up his uniform, / …and before you ask, yes, I'm sure. /

// And why doesn't that comfort me in the slightest? //

/ Paranoia. /

// Try again, think use of words from earlier. //

/ You'll have a close eye on me, so if it happens again you can make sure I go home… I said that I wanted to be on my feet… /

// Yes, and where did that leave you? //

/ Please trust me, Yami? /

// ……… //

He quickly scooped his bag up in his clutches and flung it over his shoulder as he hastily made his way to the door, hovering by the handle.

// Fine, you win… //

/ Thanks, Yami… /

Yugi quickly pulled the handle down, opening the door and ran out, making his way to school as fast as possible, as not to be labelled 'truant'.

* * * * * *

The Mystic Elf began searching through the open spell books she had left out, and beckoned the Dark Magician over. She quickly scooped a big heavy burgundy leather book and began flicking through, until she came upon a certain chant. "Here," she began passing it over to him, "What do you think about this one?"

The Dark Magician began to read it, then stopped and looked up at her. "I don't think that'd work… this is no ordinary occurrence, it's cause can't be this simple."

The Mystic Elf smiled as she took it back. "I thought as much, but it was worth a shot."

The Dark Magician sighed, and looked up as the Celtic Guardian burst in. "Come… quickly!" he requested, running back out before they could question.

The Dark Magician quickly pursued him, being closely followed by the Mystic Elf. They abruptly halted as they caught sight of what was the source of the interruption.

The growing darkness was eating up the Summoned Skull, right before their very eyes.

* * * * * *

Yugi sat down at the table, followed by Téa and Joey, whilst Tristan had momentarily disappeared.

"You should've been there last night!" Joey exclaimed as he took the seat next to the small youth.

"Yeah, it was great fun." Téa added.

Yugi pulled out his lunch and looked up, "Yeah? What did I miss?"

"A whole lotta stuff!" Joey grinned.

"Yami had quite a lot up his sleeves!" Tristan commented, taking a seat next to Joey.

/ Sounds like you fitted in well… /

// …It was okay, I guess. //

/ They liked you a lot… /

// …That's good for them. //

Yugi sighed as he listened to his three friends describe the evening. 'I missed a lot then,' he began to fall into his thoughts, 'Sounds like my presence wasn't greatly missed…'

// You okay, Yugi? //

/ Yeah, just thinking. /

// It wasn't that great last night, you didn't miss much. //

/ …Yeah, I guess not. / Yugi placed his elbow upon the table and rested his chin upon his hand, playing about with his food, 'should I… tell Yami? …' he began to question himself.

/ ………/

// …Yugi? //

/ Yami, have you ever… /

// Ever what? //

/ …… Don't worry about it. /

// ……… //

/ It's not important, forget I asked. /

// …Okay, if you're sure… //

/ …… Yeah. /

Joey waved a hand in front of Yugi's face, and he blinked and snapped out of his trance. "Sorry about that…" he commented, slightly embarrassed.

"You okay?"

' I don't know anymore... I just don't know,' he looked up and forced a smile. "Yeah."

// Remember; anytime you need me don't hesitate to ask, okay? //

/ Okay, will do Yami, I promise. /

// Okay, // Yami sighed, ' Why is he hesitating to tell me? My angel is suffering, and I can't even protect him…'

To Be Continued…