Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Silenced Legacy ❯ The Legacy ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Silenced Legacy by Miranda the BlakDragon (BlakDragon220)

*Mirandragon's Monologue*

'Thoughts'

"Speech"

-SFX-

Prologue- Silenced Legacy

*Kyoto, Japan. In this era, demons from the Spirit World pay visit and destruction throughout Japan, especially my home village. I am but a 16- year old swordsman with knowledge of two forms, Hiten-Mesurugi and Kiempo; almost asking I was passing the trait of the legendary Manslayer. I am the daughter of Tsunami Sinogi, a Miko (Priestess) at a local shrine. The spirits warned her of the Armageddon and told her to send one child away with the sacred jewel the demons were after. I was her only child and trusted me with the magical crystal.

The only demon that fought off the intruders was an early friend, Raikoukou of the Blue Lightning. Raikoukou, a nine-tailed fox-demon, followed me to the shores where a boat waited. My mother accompanied me and gave me one last kiss on the cheek before I climbed in. "Protect the jewel. No matter the cost. But you must leave now, Seideigo is after you." Who is Seideigo? I asked my mother. "Seideigo is an immortal demon, living off the souls of past warriors. He is after the sacred jewel to bring about ultimate power and chaos to the world. You must leave." She then turned to the fox-demon that boarded the wooden cradle. "Keep her safe until you reach your destination. He will be waiting." Tsunami then shoved the boat off the sand and out into the sea. "Protect the jewel. We'll be waiting when Seideigo is defeated."

We sailed days on end. The fair weather guided us to an unknown shore. But she said, "He will be waiting." Whoever He is, my mother seemed very trusting to him. The boat drifted for days through calm rivers and ocean drifts. Our food went out when finally the shore winds guided us to a river upward. Great pyramids rose on the left shore and people surrounded them with small shacks, none like in Kyoto. "He will be waiting."*

In the afternoon sun of Cairo, the marketplace in front of the palace was always crowded- through the eyes of the Pharaoh. He had dark hair with blonde bangs over a gold headpiece, his violet eyes gazed over Cairo; dressed in other gold assortments and a white linen uniform down to his knees. His magenta cape flowed to the back and fine sandals concluded his outfit. He turned away from the window and observed his chamber. Fine furniture, caricatures, and precious stones and metals lined his walls and floor; mobiles of stained glass reflected the Egyptian sun and shined colors of blue, red, green, and purple that danced around his chamber. 'Tsunami requested. As a being of my word, she will be safe. I promise.' He thought as he looked at his reflection in the marble tile floor, 'Though I seek no judgment towards this newcomer, if Seideigo wants the jewel, he will have to pass my army of magicians.' His thoughts trailed on to his word of the Miko's request.

-Bam! Bam! Bam! -

Thunderous booms echoed in his room. The Pharaoh looked up from his reflection on the floor to the gold-embroidered doors. "Come in." He called and one door creaked open. The visitor was dressed in plain white turban with a cloak draping to his ankles. The only skin showing was his face, dark skin with blue, emotionless eyes. "Shadi." The Pharaoh mumbled.

"Pharaoh Yami, the girl has been spotted on the shore." Shadi informed, "The one you requested here from Kyoto." Yami nodded in acknowledge.

"The one Tsunami sent to us, yes." Yami reworded himself and took his eyes off Shadi.

"She's also brought company, my Pharaoh," Shadi added, the Pharaoh made eye contact again, "a white striped creature a big as a lion with nine tails approaches the shore with her. Should I-" Shadi was stopped by a gesture from Yami.

"This creature...Tsunami told me of this beast, Raikoukou of the Blue Lightning. It has always been a guardian to her family. But with Seideigo, Tsunami advised Raikoukou to go with her daughter." Yami recapped to himself aloud, "Bring them both. I must see Tsunami's daughter as soon as possible. You are dismissed, Shadi." The Pharaoh made another gesture and Shadi paced out of the room.

The tiny vessel was tied to the docks as two newcomers climbed out. One wielding a Reverse-Blade sword and wearing a Samurai kimono dressed in Geranium red and white with thin clogs; the other was as big as a large cat, covered in white fur with midnight-blue stripes and its shoulders housing longer strands that sparked with static electricity. Its head showed fox-like features and down its lithe body to the nine tails tipped with midnight blue that seemed to glow in the Egyptian sun. The creature yawned wide, baring pearl fangs and startling some of the seagoing attendants.

The swordsman looked up to the cloudless sky. Her hair a deep brown color with two blood-red highlights behind thin, taunting bangs, completely a mess except the portion of hair tied back; her emerald green eyes and light- toned skin glisten in the sun. Around her neck, a simple necklace made up of glass violet beads, separating white, fang-shaped beads and the centerpiece was a fuchsia pearl bigger than the other beads.

"Raikoukou, is this Cairo, where my mother wanted me to go?" The swordsman asked her companion. The fox-demon looked to her with its silver eyes and nodded. Soon the swordsman took her partner by patting it on the back and moving forward. Everyone at the docks stared at her and at the beast that stayed in step beside her. Ominous silence trailed them as everyone ceased what they were doing and gazed in awe. Some of the women were frightened and called their children inside their homes, clay building with small windows for light and wind circulation. The men eyeballed the swordsman's unusual pale complexion compared to theirs.

The swordsman glared back, though not in eye contact. But one character lay hidden in shadow, an assassin. His hungry eyes prowled them both; he was ready to strike until he saw the fox-demon at her side. He quickly slipped away, concealing the dagger's blade in its sheath. Raikoukou's hair bristled on its shoulder blades and small sparks crackled in the strands. "Easy Raikoukou." She advised softly and Raikoukou resumed traveling with its master. The assassin still watch as she passed the alley where he hid.

All who saw them were quiet until a voice sprung up, "Swordsman! Swordsman from Kyoto!" She looked up for the owner and kept Raikoukou under her right hand. Shadi approached them with easy paces and eyes glaring towards her. "You are the swordsman Tsunami Sinogi told us of, correct?"

"I am she." The Swordsman replied with the same, calm tone of voice. Raikoukou kept its head down and eyeballed him, each of its tails rising and falling, one at a time.

"The Pharaoh asks that you come with me to meet him." Shadi said and she followed him into the marketplace. Passing by several food-stands steps behind her guide, she can't help but think of the words her mother said, 'He will be waiting.' The quote repeated. The swordsman continued her pass with Raikoukou by her feet. After ten minutes, the three of them exited out of the marketplace and stopped short of two guards wielding staffs. Shadi took several steps further in front of her and shifted his eyes to the guards.

"By request of Pharaoh Yami, I must bring these two with me." He stated and the guards admitted them in. The swordsman and Raikoukou stayed steps behind Shadi as their first entry led into a grand hall. Citizens in white linen robes or dark cloaks stood about the gold room lit by torches on the walls, columns, and posts. After the silence of her trails, the chatter of citizens seemed to boom in her ears. Burning incenses, smells of honey and sweet nectar filled the swordsman's senses, posing a royal but peaceful meaning to the room.

The swordsman maintained her footing as she continued to follow him with her comrade at her right side. They entered another room, not as crowded as the first room. This chamber had fewer beings and the scent changed to the smell of nuts and bread baking over fires. The swordsman soon remembered her hunger after her travels on that boat. She saw the servants baking bread and she soon felt herself licking her lips slightly.

Finally, after a pass at the rotunda, Shadi led the two up a case of stairs that headed for a set of wide doors settled in between two Anubis statues, made out of gold and decorated with various colored stones. The swordsman and Raikoukou stayed several paces back as Shadi approached a door. He grabbed a thick, gold loop and banged down by the hinge three times.

-Bam! Bam! Bam!-

The sound echoed throughout the hall and it silenced. Hesitation came from Shadi and the swordsman until a voice replied from the other side. "Come in!" A deep but kind voice responded to the knocks and Shadi pushed a door open. He entered in and the swordsman stood halfway between the doors and the edge of the stairs, Raikoukou still under her right palm. She heard a conversation on the other side of the doors.

"King Yami, I've found her and Raikoukou." She heard Shadi's voice, "Although I'm not entirely convinced letting Raikoukou into your chamber."

"Tsunami has told me Raikoukou is loyal and strict to its word. Let them both in." She heard the same voice that replied to the entry.

'Is he the one waiting?' The Swordsman wondered and Shadi exited the room.

"The Pharaoh awaits you." Shadi nodded and the swordsman paced forward with Raikoukou behind her. She opened the door wide enough for her and Raikoukou to get in and Shadi closed the door behind him, earning another boom from it.

-Boom! Clang-gang-gang-

The handle followed and added extra to the thunder, shaking the swordsman. 'The Pharaoh?' The Swordsman gulped while standing with her back close to the door. 'This is whom my mother told me about?' She saw his back turned to her, gazing out the large window as if she was ignored. The high sun shined brightly into His chamber, the gold reflected the beams as they danced in the room and about her and Raikoukou. Her stomach turned as she gestured Raikoukou to stay by the door. She untied the sword from her waist and handed it to Raikoukou, the fox-demon took the holster by the mouth and the swordsman's heart pounded in her chest.

Yami kept his back to her, avoiding eye contact for now.

The swordsman took a few steps forward and dropped easily to one knee, then to the other. She bent her head to the marble in respect to the higher authority. The necklace dangled around her neck, barely missing the ground.

"I come by request of Tsunami Sinogi of Kyoto." She greeted and Yami turned around, as if she wasn't noticed until now. His eyes looked to the swordsman in the traditional greeting of Kyoto.

"You may rise." Yami accepted and the swordsman slowly got back to her height, "Tsunami Sinogi. That's right, she requested that she'd send one of her people here with the jewel the demon Seideigo is after." He reminded himself.

"I am Tsunami Sinogi's daughter." The swordsman said, "My name is Mirandragon Sinogi. But you may address me as Miran if you wish." She still kept her head low in front of him, avoiding his face.

"Mirandragon," Yami began, "it is a pleasure to help you as well as your mother, the ever-famous Priestess Tsunami." He cupped both of his hands to hers. Oddly in the hot weather, her hands were as cold as ice. "Your hands..."

"I've been sailing here with little food and water." Miran confessed, feeling embarrassed at her first impression to the Pharaoh.

"Then you must be hungry. I was about to have dinner in a few minutes if you want to join me." Yami's eyes invited a calming glance. Miran looked up from her pale hands to the Pharaoh's sight of her face. Her face, to him, was as pale as her hands with brown thick bangs and radiant emerald eyes.

-Bam! Bam! Bam! -

Three knocks thundered and Raikoukou stridden from the doors; Raikoukou moved to one side as its nine tails followed it like a cape. Yami let go of Miran's hands and stepped towards the door. His face grimaced in annoyance, "Come in." He stated and Shadi paced in again. His face held no expression as usual; Yami stepped in for a private conversation with him. After an exchange of dialogue, Yami beckoned Miran out of his chamber. Miran followed them down the staircase after the doors closed behind her. She tailed them but left Raikoukou outside the doors with the sword in its mouth.

Shadi led both Yami and Miran by a left in the rotunda after the stairs. She was still amazed at the craftsmanship in the columns. Shadi opened another set of doors and presented Miran a banquet. A table lined with guests and delicacies; Miran has never seen so much since her banquet when she became a full-fledge swordsman of the Hiten-Mesurugi style.

Thoughts rushed her mind; she didn't know how to express her gratitude.

"Please," Shadi insisted and seated her near the head of the table. Then assisted Yami and finally seated himself. Miran couldn't help but stare at the fresh rolls and abundant fruit. The only thing that did snap her out of it was Pharaoh Yami.

"You all right?" He asked.

"I'm fine, thank you." Miran replied, "Please forgive me but I don't know what to eat first." Yami gave a slight chuckle and Miran went for a roll first.

She took one bite and the sweet taste of honey fulfilled her hunger, satisfaction raced through her heart to the warmth of fresh bread. Miran couldn't resist another bite but kept her formality as a guest to the Pharaoh.

In minutes into the banquet, Miran reached for a glass of water. At first, the feast enjoyed her expression. But she stopped when the glass reached her eyes. Miran's green eyes focused on the water in the glass, as if seeing something. In seconds, an image of Tsunami appeared. It appeared as her mother with dark hair falling straight into a ponytail behind her white top kimono.

Yami saw Miran's eyes go to a sense of longing. "Are you sure you're all right, Mirandragon?" Yami asked her, seeking some reassurance to her timidity. Miran didn't hear the Pharaoh; she just kept her sight to the water. Tsunami, her mother; Miran soon realized how homesick she was. Her mother was still in Kyoto, fighting off the demons and worse, Seideigo.

Yami was about to ask again when the glass in her hand shattered in that instant. The clatter sounded throughout the room as all looked to her, the water stain showing on the table and her kimono. Miran was as shocked as everyone else, her eyes shifted to Yami first. He stood up from his chair and frozen in a position halfway off. Everyone silenced. The only one not phased by the incident was Shadi.

"It is an omen." He simply stated. Some of the guests were assured and continued the banquet in small chatter. "I've seen her and the glass was not her doing, but the mystic forces has sent her a message." Yami changed pose back to a stand and his concerned eyes gazed towards Miran.

"What does it mean?" Yami questioned him.

"Mirandragon, did you feel anything before?" Shadi questioned her. Miran still was in shock.

"No, I didn't. But I did see an image of Tsunami Sinogi before it broke." Miran replied, slowly going out of her shock.

"An image in the water?" Yami questioned further.

"Yes, it means an event in the seas. If you saw Tsunami...then I have no choice but to confess. Tsunami is...gone." Shadi paused his words.

Miran gasped and shook her head with her hands over her mouth.

"No." She whispered and slowly got up from her chair. Still, little resumed the banquet. "No." Miran repeated a little more audible. She took four steps back from the table. The stain still visible on her kimono, "No. I cannot question the spirits, but why?" Her tone softened again.

"Mirandragon," Yami breathed under his words with the same expression in his eyes. He took one step forward with an arm extended but Miran continued to withdraw in fear. Yami took another step and Miran turned tail. "Mirandragon!" Yami called after her but she kept running, out of the dining hall and out of the palace.

Yami rushed out behind her to the rotunda and stopped. He looked frantically in the four directions but saw no trace. Soon he saw Raikoukou, with her sword in its mouth, rushing down the steps to the rotunda with the same impression.

Miran rushed out of the palace, past the guards, and disappeared into the crowd. Her eyes filled with tears, of sorrow and anger. Her bangs shadowed her face as she continued down the marketplace. 'No, why now? Why now? Mother, why?' She thought as more sorrow crushed her heart. Eyes followed her as she raced down with a continuous sprint until finally she slipped into an alley big enough for someone to lay in the middle of it in full length. She stopped and breathed harshly; tears fell from her cheeks to the sand. She leaned against a wall and embraced herself, 'Seideigo, I swear I'll kill you for this.' She cursed to herself and slammed a fist to the clay. No reaction from the wall but a trickle of blood slid from her right hand.

She felt like the assassin from before was watching her, but she couldn't care less; if she'd die, she'd be with her mother. 'Go ahead, do it now. Kill me if you hunger for blood.' Miran thought. She could feel the assassin give an evil grin and the sunlight bouncing off the blade of his dagger. "I know you're there."

"You dare not run from an assassin? You know I am here but you don't try to escape your fate?" He questioned.

"If you're an assassin, why do you hesitate to kill me for your own well-being?" Miran asked without turning her back.

"Wouldn't you want to know who I am before you die?" He hissed. Miran shifted her eyes but barely got a glimpse of him. She only saw his left side, dirty fuchsia-colored eyes hidden in platinum blonde highlights of hair. Miran felt his right hand at her tangled mane, allowing his fingers to sift through the strands. She felt small snaps as the knots untangled in his knuckles.

Yami stopped at the front of the gates as two brown horses waited. Raikoukou was on his side with the sword still in its mouth. He and Shadi each climbed one and galloped into the streets with Raikoukou behind them. "Mirandragon!" Yami called as the civilians cleared the way for him.

"Would it matter? I know there are no witnesses to an assassination." Miran replied. The assassin moved his hand away from her before unveiling his dagger further. Blood continued its stream down her hand and against the wall. Before she knew her time narrowing to this point, the assassin examined her clothing. A red kimono with a bronze triangle stitched on the back. The three corners each with a mark, familiar to him.

Before he could strike at her, he heard hooves trampling the ground. He quickly concealed the dagger from the light of day. "Perhaps another day, Sinogi." He muttered. Miran gasped slightly and turned around, the assassin was out of her eyesight. But how did he know the name Sinogi?

"Mirandragon!" Yami called again but received no answer. He continued his path down until he spotted a red figure in the shadows. "Miran." He sighed in relief and jumped off, leaving the horse to Shadi and Raikoukou stood by the mystic.

Yami cautiously paced to the back of her. Miran was leaning against the clay wall, still crying of Tsunami, though shocked that she's still alive. He extended a hand and perched it on her left shoulder, Miran noticed and paused her thoughts. "Miran, I'm sorry of Tsunami." Yami's soft tone calmed her some.

"It has to Seideigo." Miran's tears turned to anger; blood still ran from her right fist. Yami could feel her rising rage but stayed by her. Raikoukou stepped into the alley and presented Miran with her sword. Miran's eyes still glowed with the tears and the sunset over the pyramids. "Seideigo must have killed her, there cannot be any other explanation." Miran's left hand curled into a fist and clenched tightly.

Yami watched with Raikoukou of Miran's anger slow boiling. He moved his hand on her shoulder to her fist, now warm with rushing blood.

"Mirandragon, may I insist that you stay with me?" Yami asked and Miran's head lifted slightly, "It's obvious Seideigo is doing this to get you back to Kyoto. Tsunami is a powerful Priestess, but Seideigo's ability to live through the souls of warriors was probably to much for her." Miran stayed silent but understood his theories.

"Pharaoh," Miran kept her formality and turned on a heel. Her hand slipped from his as she turned to his eyes again. His violet eyes showed sympathy as Miran stared back in tears. "I don't know what to say..." she hesitated.

"Don't say anything." Yami replied in a whisper. He looked down and saw the blood dripping to the ground from her right hand, "Let's get back, we're going to have to treat that." Miran nodded and followed Yami out of the alley.

Miran climbed up on the back of Yami's horse and he galloped back with Raikoukou running behind them. Miran still can't forgive herself, her mother gone, just by a simple omen. Can she believe that? Miran's emerald eyes still longing, Yami could feel her unharmed hand grow cold on his shoulder. For the time being, Miran wrapped her injured hand in her kimono sleeve.

They were almost there when cries sounded in the marketplace. "The demons are here! The demons from Kyoto are here! Take cover! Seideigo is here!" One cried out as civilians ran in different directions. Miran instantly recognized the voice as the assassin who spared her. An explosion in the distance erupted and hordes of people continued to flee, startling the horses. Yami's horse kept coming up on its rear legs, trying to escape the reins. No sooner did Yami let go as they both crashed to the ground.

"Pharaoh," Shadi exclaimed as Miran touched down first, landing hard on her left hand. Yami followed and narrowly avoided Miran's legs. Shadi got off of his horse as both of them raced off in cowardice.

Simultaneously, an army of Dark Magicians and other mages shot from the palace, readied for battle. All of them swooped in for the explosion with their Dark Magic but before any of them could attack, all of them shattered like Miran's glass. The Pharaoh's magicians still held their ground against the horde. Yami's eyes shot wide, "Impossible, no one could do that."

"No one but Seideigo, I can feel his energy signature." Miran replied while recovering from the fall.

Shadi helped Yami up and Raikoukou sided Miran with the sword still in its mouth, growling viciously and its nine tails crackling with sparks. Miran prepared to fight with her wounded hand and gestured for the fox- demon to give her the sword.

From the explosion, a cloud of dust settled, revealing a silhouette. Soon Miran could get a clear view of the rumored Seideigo. He wore a white kimono outfit behind black plates of armor and thin, woven shoes fitting his feet. He wielded a sword under his left arm, as his hand appeared almost human with extended nails and maroon skin-dye. His features on his face parallel to each other with dark red eyes, pupils bearing like cat's eyes, light blue hair tinged with strands of black fell straight behind him. He stopped short when the dust settled for the three of them to view his destruction. Already he has taken countless people, from the seniors down to the children.

Miran tied the sword to her waist and gripped the handle; her blood boiling with anger as her rapid heartbeat gushed out on her right hand. Raikoukou felt the same emotions and the sparks increased in voltage, the clouds organized themselves above them.

"Mirandragon Sinogi," He spoke in a deeper voice than the Pharaoh, "I thought you'd be here. And I guess you got my message."

"You killed Tsunami," Miran quickly growled and her right hand throbbed. The blood trailed to the handle of her sword.

"Quite frankly, Tsunami Sinogi is not dead...yet." Seideigo corrected, "I just gave her a blow strong enough to put her on her last lifeline." Seideigo snapped his fingers and a larger monster stepped forward, a red single-horned ogre, holding a woman by the arms. She had black hair falling straight down, her white kimono stained red and her wrists tied in front of her. She was almost unconscious.

"Mother!" Miran cried. Yami and Shadi stayed behind them as the argument brewed. Seideigo smirked and turned around, paced to his minion and faced back to Miran. Miran still showed her hatred as the blood began to drip on to the sword holster.

"I'll be willing to make a bargain with you Mirandragon," Seideigo began and held a dagger, "You do know the necklace you're wearing? That sacred jewel is what I want. If you hand it over now, Tsunami will live. Refuse...and you know the deal."

"I never deal with demons." Miran coldly stated.

"You befriended Raikoukou of the Blue Lightning. You do realize that monster is responsible for those storms north of Kyoto?" Seideigo looked to the fox-demon. All of Raikoukou's nine tails swished about like waves crashing on the shoreline, flowing with electrical currents.

"Raikoukou was redeemed for the wrongs it caused. A monster like you would never understand!" Miran claimed and a crack of thunder hailed over them. She shifted her eyes to Yami and Shadi behind her; again she kept her formality. "Pharaoh, I advise you to head back to the palace and wait for me there." She stated.

"Miran..." Yami trailed.

"Please, I'll handle Seideigo. Just go back." Miran repeated herself. She still kept the sword in the holster and the bleeding hasn't slowed down. Yami nodded and Shadi accompanied him back. Miran and Raikoukou remained their pose to fight when Tsunami stirred in the monster's red hands. Seideigo looked back to see her awaken.

"Well, welcome back Tsunami. I really didn't want you to miss this." Seideigo chuckled as Tsunami tilted her head towards Miran and Raikoukou. Her brown eyes shot wide as she saw her daughter posed to fight Seideigo.

"Mirandragon, no! Don't fight him, he's gotten way too powerful from Kyoto!" Tsunami warned.

"I'm sorry mother, but if he's going to kill you, I'm not going to take it sitting down." Miran replied.

"But if you die, the souls taken by Seideigo will die in vein." Tsunami spoke out, still secured by the ogre, "Kyoto has been burned to the ground, our best warriors failed and Seideigo has become stronger. Mirandragon, you'll die."

"We'll both perish whether I give him the jewel or not. At least since I have it, I'll have a chance." Miran cried back.

"You never had a chance, Sinogi!" Seideigo called and charged forward. His right hand extended lethal claws. Miran went defensive on the first move by pulling the sword holster to the attack and knocked the claw aside. She returned the attack by a swift kick, blowing Seideigo to one side.

Yami and Shadi watched the fight from his chamber window. Every hit that Miran took, she had to draw back. Behind Seideigo and Miran, demons arose from a dark vortex at the edge of Cairo.

"The Shadow Games, I concealed them to bring peace but the sorcerers must have resurrected the chaos!" Yami gasped with his eyes wide open.

"Miran can't handle all of them. But hopefully, if she defeats Seideigo, the rest will retreat." Shadi predicted.

"But what can she do to defeat him?" Yami queried, "Seideigo has already absorbed the life force of those in Kyoto and some of the civilians that didn't make the first explosion." Yami reminded. Thunder crashed and lightning struck closely to the fight by Raikoukou. Licks of light heated the ground and instantly turned the sand into glass, reflecting the ongoing fight. Raikoukou stood by, offering help when it could. When Seideigo got to close to the fox-demon, Raikoukou barked fiercely, hopefully to distract Seideigo long enough for its master to finish the fight with little casualties.

Miran still defended against Seideigo's heavy blows. She started bleeding on the left side of her waist. "What's the matter? Can't fight back?" Seideigo insulted as he continued his assault. Miran couldn't respond, to the question or his attacks. Seideigo took one swing of his claw and sent Miran to the ground. She landed hard as blood fell from the slash on her right cheek.

"Mirandragon, remember the Hiten-Mesurugi style!" Tsunami called and Miran opened her eyes.

'Of course, Hiten-Mesurugi poses the ultimate attack. Ryo-Baruda, the Excellent Hawk.' Miran remembered and slowly got to her feet. She got her second hand off the ground and forced herself up. Blood gushed from her right palm, left side, and the scar on her face, temporarily losing eyesight on the right eye. "All right creep..." Miran spoke up, breathing harshly as trying to regain oxygen in her blood stream, though already stained her kimono, "You want power? You got it. I'll give you the reason why Kyoto calls me Mirandragon." Miran gripped her sword handle tightly through the blood that drenched her right hand.

Miran drew her sword from its holster and swung out into a stance. Drops of blood flew even on to Raikoukou's snow-white fur. Miran stood with both feet apart and her head low, shadowing her face. Her left hand at the mouth of the holster and her right arm extended with the blade pointing downward. Time seemed to freeze when she reminded herself of the situation. 'I've never done the Ryo-Baruda before. Mother told me that the Ryo-Baruda is a one-shot deal. I simulations kill my target but also a wide range behind the target will get effected by the sonic boom. And with her that close to the attack, I...I can't do it.' Miran ran through her thoughts.

Tsunami saw her hesitation and wanted to help, but couldn't budge from the beast's grip.

'Mother, forgive me.' Miran apologized in thought and raised the sword over her head; the blood flow did slow down now as a small river trailed her right arm. One of Raikoukou's lightning bolts struck the blade.

"What...what is this?" Seideigo jumped back. Miran wasn't harmed by the strike; instead the blade took all of the voltage. The strike ended and the blade surged with electricity.

Miran's rage still high, she charged forward. "Take this! Hiten-Mesurugi style!" Miran cried and leaped at an incredible height. Tsunami watched on as her daughter launched her counterattack.

'My only wish was to see you fulfill the Hiten-Mesurugi style. Even if I die by the blow, Kyoto will be safe from Seideigo's reign and our late warriors can finally rest in peace.' Tsunami thought and watched without blinking her last seconds.

Miran began her descend with the blade still loaded with electricity, "Ryo-Baruda Tsuitsen!" She cried before landing with the blade to the ground. Out of the strike to the ground, an invisible blade sliced through Seideigo and the red ogre that held Tsunami. The rubble, dead bodies, and the demons were affected right to the edge of Cairo; the gale wind blew everything in its path. The quake added to its devastating effect as it even shook Yami's chamber. The glass mobiles chimed with the aftershock.

The attack lasted several seconds, as the remains were blown twenty feet away from Miran's finishing pose. Everything went quiet as immediately as the quake roared in its attack. No other lives were taken in the previous attack. Miran got up from her pose and paced into the debris, the sword withdrawn. There in the front was Seideigo's body, a large scar pierced his armor and sliced his kimono. Only a deep, unopened wound appeared on his chest. Seideigo was dead and the demons fled back into the portal in fear. The Shadow Realm vortex sealed itself at the edge of Cairo.

Miran then treaded past Seideigo to her mother under the ogre. She shoved the demon aside and uncovered her motionless body, blood-stained by the fight.

Yami and Shadi watched in awe from the balcony since the battle was over and the damage that left some of the city in ruins. They saw Miran approach Tsunami and picked her up.

Miran, crying with tears of guilt, limped over the debris with Tsunami in her arms. Raikoukou soon followed far behind as the skies cleared. Blood and tears fell on to Tsunami as Miran continued her walk to the docks, what appeared to be the longest walk in her life. Two of the larger merchant ships were destroyed but hers remained intact from the attack. She led herself into the water and laid her mother's fallen body in its wooden cradle. The blood dripping from her side stained the surface red in contrast to the crisp blue it once was.

Before she released the boat, she took off the top of her kimono, revealing a form fitted tank top, the necklace still intact from the fight. The left side cut as blood continued to flow, staining the water and reaching a widespread blotch that could be seen even from the Pharaoh's chamber. Raikoukou came up to the shoreline with Seideigo's dagger. Miran took the small blade and carved on one of the posts of the boat. In the oak wood, she engraved a triangle with the width of the post and three marks on each corner, almost identical to her kimono [1].

She finished and Miran and Raikoukou both pushed hard to send the boat into sea. Miran especially battered by the fight, seen a ray of light, in hope to keep her mother's promise, to protect the jewel. She stood next to her fox-demon ally and watched the boat sail down, guided by the water and wind. Yami and Shadi arrived behind her on horseback as they sided her, gazing into the river, and watched Tsunami flow downstream. Miran clutched her left side, trying to keep some of her blood before she keels over.

"My mother is gone, but I could hear her final thoughts," Miran commented with little voice as the four watched the boat disappear, "she wanted to see me perform the Hiten-Mesurugi Ryo-Baruda. I granted that wish."

"And you did the right thing by giving her the proper exit." Yami followed. Raikoukou came up beside him and rubbed its head against his leg, its nine tails still flying like ripples in a pond. Yami and Shadi accompanied Miran back to the palace where the mystics healed her and Raikoukou.

The boat still wondered down stream. Another being survived the assault and paced outside the city to watch the boat's journey. "The Zodiac Miko will send the deceased back to the element of when they were originated in hopes of their soul being reincarnated. But not this time." He had brown, fearful eyes under his albino colored hair, "Her soul is mine." He claimed and a spirit hand came from his own. 'Soul of Tsunami Sinogi, come to me!' He thought as the shadow hand reached into Tsunami's chest and retreated. He licked his lips in satisfaction. 'Now then, the powers and their secrets are mine.' He hesitated as he filed through the spirit he just captured. 'What other powers is worth stealing from the Zodiac? Huh, impossible! This clan alone holds this much power?' The stealer thought, 'I must obtain it!'

Three days after...

"From the events occurred by the demons, Mirandragon Sinogi held her ground against one of the most fearsome, Seideigo." Yami speech. The crowd of people remained from the devastating attack from Seideigo and his minions lined the streets in front of the palace. Behind Yami, his row of subjects down to Miran wearing a linen uniform and her hair finally calmed down by a gold headpiece with an emerald stone, and Raikoukou, cleaned and smelled like water lilies. Raikoukou's gave Miran the "I'll-never-get-used-to-this" expression. Thought Miran was completely healed, a scar remained on her face however. The fight only a memory now, the scar bared on her right cheek reminded her of Tsunami's fate. "A long fight ended in both Seideigo and Tsunami Sinogi's deaths. Seideigo has been burned and Mirandragon, herself, sent Tsunami back to Kyoto. Until it is safe for her to return, Mirandragon Sinogi has been honored as one of my council as a warrior."

The crowd went into an uproar as Yami ringed Miran's neck with a turquoise stone necklace on a gold chain. Then he kneeled and circled Raikoukou with a gold collar. After receiving the honor, Raikoukou jumped to the clay railing on its front paws and barked loudly, contributing to the crowd's applause.

*Scorpio, Pisces, Cancer, I send to the denizens of these Waters Tsunami Sinogi, a Priestess of higher standards in Kyoto, Japan. This Priestess was aware of the Gods' warnings and trusted her daughter to protect the sacred jewel. The demon Seideigo is dead, yet so is she. I bring her mortal body to the sea. In return, have mercy on her soul, and let her be one with the earth again. Let the winds guide this cradle back to Kyoto, let the remaining citizens do what necessary to keep her soul alive, and Spirits, give my word to the people of Kyoto: They are free...*

Five years later...

Another explosion crumbled a two-story building as civilians and monsters alike fled from the attacks. Stronger monsters such as the Summoned Skulls and Dark Magicians scrambled towards the explosions to fight off the attackers. The peasants evacuated the city as one figure raced into the palace, Miran.

Miran wore her kimono sent from Kyoto as a present. Dressed in now an ocean blue with a triangle trimming on her back, the corners each had one different symbol-representing Pisces, Cancer, and Scorpio [2]. Raikoukou joined her in long strides as she passed the grand hall, kitchen, and rotunda up to Yami's chamber.

"King Yami, the Shadows have already penetrated the first of our defenses and claimed half of Cairo!" Miran cried as she sprinted up the stairs in patterns of two. She kept her left hand on the holster's mouth as she made it to the landing. Yami's door held wide open by its hinge.

Miran and Raikoukou entered to see Yami in a black linen toga with a deep purple cape draping down his back, dressed in gold assortments up to his headpiece. Accompanied behind him were a black mage with crimson-red rimming and a blue face, wielding a staff holding a blue sphere and tongues of belts wrapped around him with the slightest precision. He looked back to Miran with red-iris eyes just to notice, then turned back to Yami. The Pharaoh gazed out of his balcony in hopelessness with his palms resting on the railing.

"I know." Yami replied, "Those traitorous sorcerers found a way to release the Shadow Games again. Now I have no choice." Yami's hands clenched tighter on the railing.

"No choice?" Miran repeated with Raikoukou siding her. Its ears turned down onto its head.

"Mirandragon, follow me." Yami replied and paced out with the Chaos Mage behind him. Miran followed with Raikoukou as the door slammed behind them. Yami led the three of them down to the rotunda and turned right from the stairs. They continued as another explosion thundered through the palace. Yami kept a straight face as he turned to a staircase leading downward. Torches shined dimly as finally they reached the bottom.

The floor was glowing with only embers of old torches but a figure waited. Shadi approached from the shadows and Raikoukou grumbled. Miran kneeled to its height and embraced her right arm under its collared neck.

"It appears we have ran out of options, Shadi." Yami stated solemnly.

"Then you are willing...?" Shadi asked and his question trailed off.

"If it'll save the world from the Shadow Games, then let it be." Yami slid in.

"What?" Miran questioned. The torches all at once instantly flared up, lightening the room with an orange color. Miran's sight set around the walls, hieroglyphics untranslatable were engraved into the walls and columns. Straight ahead of them was a wide table with images of seven objects suspended without matter.

"Miran, to brief you on this, we have no choice but to seal the Shadow Games in these seven items, the Seven Sennen Set [3]." Shadi began, "Chosen souls shall become part of these items, guarding their own variables of the Shadow Games."

"The sorcerers' power has become too great for my magicians alone to continue to fight off the demons and Shadow Games alike." Yami continued with his eyes gazing at the images.

"What will happen to the Chosen Ones?" Miran questioned and hugged tighter on Raikoukou.

"Their immortal souls will belong to the Sennen Items," Shadi answered with his gaze kept steady on the objects, "but time is of the essence. If we are going to do this, we must act now." Miran didn't quite understand his answer but couldn't think of it, another clash shook the room. The torches flickered and shadows danced on the walls. Miran kept her pose as Shadi stopped in front of the table and held out his right hand and began chanting an inaudible spell.

Minutes into it, both Yami and Miran felt weakened and were being supported by Raikoukou and the Magician of Black Chaos. Shadi felt drained of his energy as well but resumed his chant.

'What's...going on? ...Am I...one of them?' Miran thought hesitantly as small pulses fled her body. She gritted her teeth as now pain fell through her body. Miran's hand clenched tightly on Raikoukou's fur and her knees slammed hard to the clay floor. Raikoukou seemed to feel her pain as well, its eyes closed tightly and its face grimace with teeth bearing. Her squinted eyes looked to Yami, through her tears of pain she saw Yami in the same discomfort.

Shadi still cast the spell as the Items flared up in red light. The pain in all three of them increased. Miran couldn't give in; she could feel Tsunami urging her to wait until the end.

Two of the items flashed brilliantly first, Miran, Raikoukou and Yami all cried out in pain. The other items flashed at different times in rhythm. The rhythm grew faster and the pain in all three of them followed. An aura filled the room as souls were dragged into the Items' images. Miran could recognize the essence of one soul, though couldn't believe it. She couldn't think, as the pain seemed to be the only thing on her mind. Finally, one more flash of white light blinded everyone in the room. Miran, Raikoukou's and Yami's final cries faded and the room dimmed back to its torchlight.

Only the Magician of Black Chaos remained conscious but his master and Miran were motionless in the mage's presence. Yami was kneeling with his head bent down and the Chaos Mage's arm supporting his shoulders. Yami didn't wake up, he didn't breathe. Miran lied motionless on the floor with both arms extended out above her head. Miran didn't wake up, she didn't breathe.

Shadi remained conscious as well, standing in front of the seven items, now brimming with human souls destined to protect the Shadow Games' isolation. He took one of the items away from the group, a large key shaped like an Ankh. He then turned to the Chaos Mage. He faded away on sight and Yami fell lightly to the ground. "These souls will protect the isolation of the Shadow Games for eternity." He stated. 'Huh, but what is this? The Chaos Mage remained after the transfusion, but Raikoukou is gone. I cannot find Raikoukou...wait. Raikoukou is here, in the Millennium Balance with Mirandragon. Raikoukou cannot leave its master, body or soul. This was the fox-demon's decision, I suppose it's the right one.'

*My soul didn't travel. It stayed in one place, in another dimension. But if this barrier contains me, if I do not pass on, do I live forever? I'm surrounded in an eternity of Darkness; the Shadow Realm preserved my soul, as I couldn't experience anything now. I can only remember...*

Mirandragon: "Mother, who is Seideigo?"

Tsunami: "He will be waiting."

Shadi: "You are the Swordsman Tsunami Sinogi told us of, correct?"

Mirandragon: "I am she."

Yami: "That's right, she requested that she'd send one of her people here with the jewel the demon Seideigo is after."

Mirandragon: "I am Tsunami Sinogi's daughter, my name is Mirandragon Sinogi."

Shadi: "I've seen her and the glass was not her doing, but the mystic forces has sent her a message."

Yami: "An image in the water?"

Shadi: "Yes, it means an event in the seas. If you saw Tsunami...then I have no choice but to confess. Tsunami is...gone."

Mirandragon: "Seideigo, I swear I'll kill you for this."

Assassin: "Wouldn't you want to know you I am before you die?"

Mirandragon: "Would it matter?"

Assassin: "Perhaps another day, Sinogi."

Seideigo: "Mirandragon Sinogi, I thought you'd be here. And I guess you got my message."

Mirandragon: "Mother, forgive me."

Seideigo: "What…what is this?"

Mirandragon: "Hiten-Mesurugi style!"

Tsunami: "My only wish was to see you fulfill the Hiten-Mesurugi style. Even if I die by the blow, Kyoto will be safe from Seideigo's reign and our late warriors can finally rest in peace."

Mirandragon: "...Ryo-Baruda Tsuitsen!!!"(echo) [4]

*After all these years, isolated in this darkness, I have found a light. But, I can't remember anything. All I can remember was that my soul resides in the Sennen Balance, but it has taken a different form. I have not ventured out until the barrier showed a door. I heard voice often, a child's voice that lived the life I once did, never concerned about the darkened forces around her. I knew her name somehow, Miranda... Miranda Guinaldo. I glanced out and it looked like a hallway, across was another room. The door opened but I jolted back inside. My door then opened to a visitor by the name of Shadi, saying that he possessed me once before as a guardian. I could only go by his word because even his Sennen Item seemed familiar. Now I could see outside the dense fog, the darkness of the Shadow Realm faded but darkness remained. It was night where I finally saw out of this barrier. I could see a bed with a human sleeping soundly, a human who looked remarkably like me. She woke up and her green eyes shifted around until she looked towards me. "Oh God Card, the spirits are screwin' with my head!"*

To be continued...

[1] The marks Miran carved into the boat were my own reference. Tsunami was born a Cancer. In the Astrological Zodiac, Cancer is a sign of the water element with Pisces and Scorpio. As one of the water signs, Miran sent Tsunami to the sea not only to send her back to Kyoto, but also to unite her soul with the element. At least, that's what she hoped for...

[2] My own reference again, Miran is born a Pisces...

[3] Reference from Dark Duel Stories for the GBC, most of it was unedited from the English version of the show, (Pandora was dubbed into Arkana) and called the Millennium Items the Seven Sennen Set, the seven rulers of the Heavens.

[4] You've seen how sometimes flashbacks have quotes in them. I'm sorry if some didn't understand it. It's generally the memories of what Miran has experienced in her service with the Pharaoh.