Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Silenced Legacy ❯ The Eighth Millennia ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Episode #2- The Eighth Millennia

Hey, I'm Miranda Guinaldo and I just came here to Domino Town. Just Thursday we went to a history museum. Actually, the Egyptian exhibit caught my eye completely, especially since over summer vacation I studied some hieroglyphics. While my family and I were there, we split up and I just stuck around the exhibit, making it a puzzle for myself. After a few minutes, I was staring into the eyes of a mummy that was excavated from its tomb. Somehow, I felt a presence again, about the same kind of signature as when I first got here.

I took my attention away from it and another person caught it again; an Egyptian dressed in plain white clothes and an oversized key pendant hanging on a thick rope. He gazed back but I didn't turn away, he was crying for some reason. "Why are you crying?" I asked.

He perked and turned to the body behind the glass. "These tears are not mine." He spoke softly, "And yet they are. My tears must speak, for they show the crying soul of this doll of dust. Even his eternal sleep defies him, he is the eternal Pharaoh and his soul lives on within his name." He continued to speak in riddles but I could nearly figure them out, "And how these tears are mine, I am one of his ancestral guardians. I do not approve that they trespassed to the Great Pyramids. Though just recently I have lost a prized possession of the Pharaoh, I will find it and return it back to Egypt."

"Can you tell me what it is? I might be able to help." I offered. He just looked to me and smiled under his tears.

"I wish you can help," he rejected my offer and placed a hand on my shoulder, "I wish you can, but I must do this alone. But something pesters me, do you have anything similar to the necklace I'm wearing?" he asked with his blank blue eyes staring. I looked to the giant key again and searched for my chain. I pulled it out of my shirt collar and released the clasp. The pendant followed it last and the Egyptian's eyes shot wide. The sword pendant dangled on a thin chain and he lifted the sword pendant, giving the chain some slack.

"Would this be something? I just found it in a pawn shop in Egypt before I came here." I briefed and he gave the necklace back.

'This girl,' He thought, 'this girl holds the Millennium Sword, one of the pieces of the Millennium Balance. But is this really possible? Is she really the true owner of this Item? In order to know this, I must see her soul.' He closed his eyes and no one was around the hall. The key started to float and turn at a point close to my forehead, I blacked out. He felt the pull of his soul into my mind and found himself in. A hallway dividing two rooms, one with the door open slightly and the room lit dimly by small lanterns. He just stood at the doorway, amazed at the sight so far. However he didn't notice but the other door behind him opened slightly, someone was in it- keeping an eye shot on him in the room's entrance.

'He better not.' the figure thought, 'No one will harm her under my watch.' He passed through the entrances and the figure moved so her back leaned on the door. The door was still open but the body leaned on it like it was closed. The one that exited the second room held a sword, ready to attack from the stance.

__________

'Just like Yugi, she also has two rooms.' He thought to himself, 'And her real soul opened to everyone.' He treaded in and looked about, 'This room looks like a Martial Arts studio. On her spare time when she is not Dueling she practices a form of fighting.' He explained to himself and came up to a wall. Three swords lay untouched in their holsters. He picked up the top one and slid it open slightly. 'A Reverse Blade Sword, understanding she is not one to question in a kill, these blades can only paralyze.'

He put the sword back and looked to another wall. Artwork and caricatures done in the past and a bookshelf filled with poetry, fiction, paranormal and horror books, 'Ah, a reader as well, especially in poetry.' He pulled out one book and read to himself,

'The world is like a tree,

And we are the fruit.

The wars we witness years ago

Are the storms.

The weapons are the winds

That made the fruit fall;

They are the soldiers that risked their lives

To save ours.

And surprisingly this is her work.' He approved and slipped the book back and looked to the third wall. The occupant of the second room inside was still watching him, even after the resident returned to the other room.

A small table surrounded by chairs held out a photo album, 'This must be what she cares about, her friends and family.' He opened the album and flipped through. Various pictures of people and animals lay about, including her with them, 'I shouldn't question- these are what she cares about most, her friends, her family, even her pets she have and had. And she'll share them with everyone she knows.' He put the book back and reviewed the room one last time, 'Though uses fighting skills, she has no thoughts of darkness, only using her skills to protect herself and her love ones. But her other room is still questionable. It must be the presence within her Sword.' He thought and exited out.

The first door closed behind him and the second creaked opened. His curiosity carried him in and a person was inside. She looked remarkably like whom he just met- with the brown hair, red streaks in the front, and the green eyes- only older and serious about her exercise. She held a golden, Reverse Blade Sword and trained hard, in both strikes and speed. He took one more step and she noticed.

"Who are you," she demanded and loosened the grip on the sword, "You better explain yourself, I know you were in my host's room so you have some explaining to do." Her stern voice echoed off the walls.

"Judging by your tone, I am an unwanted guest, answering your question is the least I can do. But you should know me; I once possessed you along with your other half of the Item." He answered.

"Give it to me straight." She grew serious, "Though I do remember the separation, I cannot remember you or anyone else before Miranda."

'This soul is just like Yugi's, the ancient Pharaoh has lost his memories, so might have this one. Could it be that she was the one who served the Pharaoh though she originated from a foreign land?' He thought to himself as he stepped in the dank room, lit by small embers. "I see, you do remember little, you even remember her high expertise as a swordsman." He continued, "I once possessed the Millennium Balance, until it broke and two Items were separated from it. What you hold in your hand right now is one half of the Balance, the Sword of Anubis. The reason it is not reacting in a sort of way because I speak the truth of my intentions. However I feel my time in this girl's mind draws near. I have found one of the Items I'm looking for but I doubt I can get it, correct?"

"Never have I seen someone try to take this Item through his own explanation." She shook her head, "However that is for my host to decide. I have my own doubts that she will not like the news either of us will bare. This will be kept to us until further notice, until then I can only say that she might not give up the Millennium Sword."

"I will leave now; I apologize if I interrupted your training. Farewell." He left, out of my mind completely. Both of us were knocked out of our trances and were weary of it all.

"What just happened?" I questioned and looked to him. He had the same expression as I did, "What did you just do?"

"I apologize for my intrusion, but you are indeed the Keeper of the Millennium Sword." He finally said.

"Of course it's mine, I paid for it!" I opposed.

He kept his expression steady. 'It appears she hasn't been aware of her second self.' He thought then spoke out, "Tell me, what your name is?"

"About time, I'm Miranda Guinaldo." I huffed.

'She is the owner, Miranda. She was the Swordsman that helped the Pharaoh keep his rule over Egypt those long years ago.' He thought. "Miranda, have you noticed anything since you got the Millennium Sword?" He questioned further.

"Other than my spirit awareness increasing and my reflexes jacked up, nothing else. Hey why am I telling you this?" I questioned.

"I, as well as few others, are the only ones who can understand your predicament of the Millennium Sword. Be alert, the future with that blade will be overwhelming." He explained, "My name is Shadi, Keeper of the Millennium Key and once of the Millennium Balance." Shadi finally introduced, "You must find the spirit that lays dormant within your soul, the other you."

"The 'Other Me?'" I gave him a questionable look, "Look, I'd like to stay but my parents are coming back, I'm out." I rushed out of the museum.

"Spirit of the Sword, it is time to show yourself." Shadi mumbled under his breath, "Show Miranda her past." He just stood there for moments, then turned around and left into an off-limits area, 'Ishizu must hear of this, she holds the Sword.' Shadi entered into an office and saw a young woman of Egyptian-descendant surrounded by four bodyguards. She, too, held a Millennium Item.

"I'm sure you saw what she had to offer?" She asked.

"She does hold the ancestral right of the Millennium Sword, however she doesn't know of the spirit lying within it." Shadi replied.

__________

After a strange first day, I was ready to turn in. I replaced the necklace to the top of the mirror next to the door. The room was slightly dim though I could feel clearly what was where. I slumped on my bed and fell asleep almost instantly, ignoring my paranormal senses.

It wasn't even midnight and something woke me up, my senses from before I think. I looked around the dark abyss of my room until I spotted a dim light coming from the sword pendant. The light reflected itself from the mirror and bounced to the opposite wall, the light that bounced off move steadily towards me. Soon the light blinded me momentarily. As my eyes refocused, a figure stood in front of me, at the corner of my bed. She had brown hair, like mine, tied back and trailed to the waist with red streaks tailing with it; green serious eyes, and held a sword, looked larger than the pendant. She wore the traditional samurai outfit like in the past with a blue top and a white bottom.

"Oh God Card, Pisces is such a burden." I muttered, "The spirits are screwin' with my head." I gritted my teeth.

"Miranda, calm down." She spoke, "Before you go crazy on me, just hear me out. I'm the spirit of the Millennium Sword."

"So what Shadi says is true?" I asked and calmed myself.

"Precisely," she replied, "I'm Miranda; well, not exactly Miranda, but I'm the Miranda of the past, I'm your ancestor." She tried to explain, "Oh you can just call me Yami MG."

"Curse the Pisces trait." I mumbled.

"Hey, I heard that!" Yami MG spoke up, "In case you want to know-wait, you know about the God Cards?"

"Yeah, I was Marik's mind slave for several weeks until something snapped me out of it." I crossed my eyes.

"And all it took was five daggers to your pillow." MG smiled.

"How the...?" I grumbled, "So why did you want to know if I knew about the God Cards?"

"Hey at least I snapped you out of it. If it wasn't for me you'd still be wearing that black cloak." MG argued back and had her hands to her hips.

"And blue is the new Black this season." I cocked.

"And that bit of info comes from a teenager in nylon pajamas." MG smart-mouthed back.

"Hey, you're pretty good. Maybe you can beat my sister at that."

"Maybe if you watched more Kim Possible you'd get better than her."

"OK, enough of this pep talks; can you answer me something? Well, two: why the heck are you here and how do you know about some of the shows I watch?" I jumped to another subject.

"I've been talking to Shadi back at the museum." MG admitted.

"I don't follow."

"See, when Shadi entered your mind through his Millennium Key, we had a discussion about what is bound to happen. Not to mention he had the Millennium Sword first." MG kept going, "However, due to the time we bonded, I told him it was your decision."

"Decision, of what?"

"The Millennium Sword was once part of the Millennium Balance, an Item he has been searching for years. He has agreed that the decision of whoever will own the Millennium Sword next will rest on your shoulders."

"This is too weird." I shook my head.

"You don't need to decide right now though, most of the time Shadi is a patient guy. You can make it when you're ready. I'm out, see you in the morning." MG said before disappearing and the Sword dimmed back to the darkness.

To be continued...