Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Silenced Legacy ❯ Dragonic Summoning: Zodiac Seal, Part 1 ( Chapter 12 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Episode #12- The Dragonic Summoning, Part 1

Author's Note: Any cards that are completely unrecognizable are not real cards nor will they ever be. The new cards used in this fic are my property and can only be used by permission of the authoress. Those who deny that rule will spend the rest of their lives in the Shadow Realm with unfinished fic(s).

Joey and I were ready to begin the Duel, though everyone was staring at the green Duel Disc bearing on my right arm. Kaiba led us both into an elevator with Roland. The metal doors closed and a jolt roughly elevated us.

"So, what kind of Duel can I expect from an enigma and a Dueling Monkey?" Kaiba began conversation.

"Say what?" Joey got mad quickly at his insult, but I've kept my cool.

"A quick one, hopefully." I replied, "I prefer to end mine quick. The faster you beat down an opponent, the faster you proceed up the tournament."

"A wise answer, then you should last as long. But beating your opponent quickly doesn't give much of a show." Kaiba acknowledged.

"I can't say I do well prolonging Duels." I replied without making eye- contact. It was obvious Joey was blocked out of this conversation.

The elevator stopped and the metal doors opened, blowing in a brisk cold wind. The evening sky unveiled its orange color over the sea down below. In front of us was a lengthy silver platform. Roland exited first and made his position on top of the platform in the middle. Joey and I followed up and I took the far end.

"The high winds will test your endurance. It's fine by me if one or both of you forfeit now." Kaiba sneered.

"Yeah, right, I'm not gonna back down some fight I wanted. Miranda and I were about to Duel in class on her first day." Joey answered and engaged his Duel Disc.

"I hope you're ready because I've made some interesting changes to my Deck." I called and engaged the green Duel Disc. The five "leaves" rimmed with holographic lighting. Once we were ready, the platform elevated higher.

'No way, that's the strangest looking Duel Disc I've ever seen.' Joey pondered, 'and on her right arm, too. Wait a minute, Kaiba must have switched design for her since she plays left-handed.'

"I'll go first, and I play Gray Wing, in attack mode!" I called as a small, gray Dragon appeared, "I'll also play two cards faced down and leave it at that."

"A monster like that can't compare to mine, go Axe Raider!" Joey made his move and an axe-wielding warrior appeared. "Axe Raider, get rid of her Dragon and give me a good lead." Joey declared.

"Nice try, but summoning a monster activates my trap card, Trap Hole!" I activated my trap and the Axe Raider fell into a pit in front of my dragon. "Though Trap Hole doesn't do much to you, your monster is destroyed."

"Fine, I'll place one card faced down and end my turn." Joey finished. Now the elevator behind him opened and everyone came off to one of the sides.

"My move," I stated and drew Sword of the Deep-Seated, "And for this turn, I discard from my hand to activate Gray Wing's special ability."

"Gray Wing's special ability?" Joey queried.

"Yep, discarding one card from my hand, Gray Wing can strike twice in one turn." I continued, "But that's not all, I play Spear Dragon in attack mode, also." I declared as a blue dragon came forth with a needle-shaped nose.

'That's it...attack me now.' Joey edged.

"Spear Dragon attack!" I declared as the dragon charged headlong.

"Activate trap card, Magic Arm-Shield!" Joey called and flipped his card. "This trap card will take your Gray Wing and replace it as your Spear Dragon's target."

"Not likely, activate The Dragon's Bead!" I countered and flipped my other card. "By discarding from my hand, I send forth the power of the Dragons. This trap card will protect my Gray Wing from your effects." I explained as Gray Wing shot out of the way and Spear Dragon landed a direct hit on Joey, knocking his Life Points down to 6100. "Now my Gray Wing. Twin Wing Strike!" I called again and Gray wing darted at Joey twice, pausing until his Life Points reached a suitable status of 3500.

"Joey!" Serenity called.

'Sorry Serenity, but this is more than your brother's pride.' I apologized in thought, I wanted to tell her everything but Yami Marik made me bite my tongue. "It's your move Joey."

"Ouch, the second turn and already Joey's down past 4000." Duke commented.

"Yugi, is there anyway my brother can still win?" Serenity asked him hopefully.

"Joey's been in some tough spots before, but Miranda's strategy seems to be rushing the Duel." Yami Yugi replied with words of wisdom, "It doesn't matter how fast you end a Duel, though, I don't know why Miranda would act so hastily."

"Alright," Joey recovered and drew his next card. 'Let's see. Because of no monsters on the field, she managed a direct assault on me. Another one like that and this Duel is over in less than ten minutes. So, her Gray Wing has 1300 attack points and her Spear Dragon is in defense mode. I might know someone who can pulls this off.' Joey smirked, "Go Gearfried the Iron Knight." Joey declared as a warrior in black armor leaped to a stance. "Get her Gray Wing now!" Joey commanded and Gearfried lunged for my dragon, slicing it in two and reducing my Life Points by 500.

'No!' I cried in thought.

'Miranda, remember...' Yami Marik reminded me. My face cringed at the thought. I needed to end this Duel, and soon.

__________

The Duel was set between Joey's 3500 and my 7500. Everyone was watching, MG staring longing and studied my look, I could tell. 'What in the world is she wearing? She may have a reason for the Katana Blade, but the Rare Hunter's cloak. And what's with the green Duel Disc?' MG thought and shifted her eyes to Kaiba. "Kaiba, what Duel Disc is she using?" she asked demandingly. I had to listen, but I knew that my SR Duel Disc was not Kaiba's.

"To be perfectly honest MG, if that is your real name, that Duel Disc is not of my design. Though if it's acceptable to the Kaiba Corp. computer mainframe, then I see no reason why Miranda can't use it in my Finals." Kaiba replied with his arms folded. 'However, if MG can't get the answers right away, then I'll have the opportunity to ask Miranda myself.' Kaiba thought and got back to the Duel.

My turn, and I drew Yin-Yang of the Zodiac. Already, I felt Yami Marik press on me. 'Place it on the field and save it for later.' he commanded.

"First, I'll switch my Spear Dragon back to attack mode." I declared as the blue dragon readied itself for another attack. "And now, I play Heart of Clear Water on my Dragon." I continued as a card appeared and nothing seemed to have happened to my Dragon.

"Heart of Clear Water?" Mokuba questioned.

"That's right. Heart of Clear Water is a magic card that prevents the selected monster from being destroyed in battle." Kaiba answered to his brother.

"But I won't stop there. I also play another card faced down." I resumed as Yin-Yang of the Zodiac situated itself on the field, "Now Spear Dragon, attack!" I finally played and Spear Dragon darted through Gearfried and shattered him, as well as knocking another hundred from his Life Points. The Spear Dragon returned to its defensive position.

"Miranda really wants to end this Duel as quickly as possible." Mai commented. MG gasped slightly while staring at me.

'What the heck? I've never felt that energy signature before. Wait, I have. But he can't come back, he was destroyed by Slifer.' MG thought in panic and rushed off the platform.

"MG!" Yami called from behind.

"I'll be right back, I need to check something." MG returned the cry and the elevator closed behind her. She leaned on the far wall as the elevator began its descend. 'How? How could I let this happen? I was supposed to protect Miranda, and I failed to protect her from the Shadow Realm.' MG thought and the elevator stopped and opened the doors to the hallway with the bedrooms.

"OK Miranda, I'm through playing. Go Time Wizard." Joey called as a stopwatch-looking monster appeared.

'Aw shoot.' I thought.

"Next, I'll bring out this little critter, Baby Dragon. Now you have two things to worry about, your Dragon aging to bones, and my Dragon growing a Millennia." Joey cocked as an orange dragon gargled after it appeared. "Go Time Roulette." Joey declared as the arrow on the Time Wizard's staff head began to spin.

'Come on skull.' I prayed in thought. Yami Marik pressed on me again, like he shoved me down and was looking over my shoulder. The arrow started to slow down after a few long seconds of spinning.

'Come on vortex, Joey needs a winner.' Joey hoped. The arrow stopped on a skull, then clicked to another skull, and finally it stopped on a vortex. "Alright!" Joey cheered.

"Time Magic!" The Time Wizard declared as the arena began a light show. I quickly discarded a card from my hand and a faint green barrier surrounded Spear Dragon through the assault. The light show ended and now I opposed an aged dragon with an attack of 2400.

"Hey, look. Miranda's Spear Dragon's still standing." Tristan pointed out. Spear Dragon was still shielded by a green tinted bubble and a green glow flashed in between its eyes.

"Huh?" Joey stared dumfounded, "I don't get it."

"You fool! My Spear Dragon was protected by The Dragon's Bead." I cried.

"Well that Dragon's Bead still won't protect you from an attack. Go Thousand Dragon, Noxious Nostril Gust." Joey declared. Yami suddenly remembered what Kaiba had said about the card I equipped to Spear Dragon.

"Joey, wait!" Yami called but it was too late to take back the attack. A dirty gust blew by both Spear Dragon and me with dense smog. The dust cleared and Spear Dragon took to a form of liquid and my Life Points were left untouched.

"What? That attack hit dead on!" Joey objected.

"It did Joey." I replied, "However, the Heart of Clear Water keeps my Dragon alive." The Dragon changed matter again back to its solid form. "The Heart of Clear Water protects my Dragon from attacks while The Dragon's Bead protects it from trap and magic effects. As of now my dragon is invincible." I smirked and drew my next card.

'Trigger Yin-Yang of the Zodiac now and finish this Duel!' Yami Marik commanded from inside my mind.

"First off, I play Spirit Ryu, in attack mode and equip it with Horn of the Unicorn." I declared as another blue and white dragon appeared, only it had a different form than Spear Dragon, and a golden horn grew in between it's eyes.

"Either way, both dragons are weaker than mine." Joey pointed to me.

"Very perceptive, that's why I play two trap cards faced down and leave it at that." I finished my turn with two cards behind my dragons. While Joey was ready to begin his, I looked at my hand. Buster Blader, Dragon Treasure, and Ryu-Sharigan were lined up in my fingers.

"I play one monster in defense mode and one trap card, your move." Joey made his turn quickly.

"By placing a monster in defense mode, you've activated my trap card, Dragon's Rage." I called and flipped one of my cards, "Dragon's Rage acts kind of like Fairy Meteor Crush for my Dragons. Now that it's my turn, I think I'll discard from my hand again, this time for Spirit Ryu's effect. Now my Ryu's attack power climbs to 2700."

"No way." Joey mumbled.

"Spirit Ryu, attack Joey's defense now." I declared as the serpent Dragon launched itself towards Joey's down card and Joey himself. Alligator's Sword was destroyed and Joey lost 1500 in the process, now his Life Points rested at 1900 while mine was kept at 7500. The Duel was coming to a close, I could feel it.

'Miranda, destroy Wheeler with the Eternal Dragon. I want to see Yin-Yang's ultimate power.' Yami Marik suddenly pressed on me again.

'But how does this trap card work?' I asked while he suppressed my 'sixth sense' threshold.

'If you remember how Destiny Board worked, this will work in the same way. Only, instead of winning the game, you summon the very God Card of the Zodiac Clan. Now I want you to activate it by Joey's turn.' Yami Marik kept his grip on me. But there was a problem, I had Dragon's Rage, The Dragon's Bead, Heart of Clear Water, and Horn of the Unicorn on the field.

"I end my turn here." I called.

Joey made his draw, "I play Graverobber, it'll take one Magic card from your Graveyard and I can use it as my own. Though you didn't use it, you discarded Remove Trap. So I'll use it on your Dragon's Rage Trap card." Joey seemed confident as my trap was destroyed.

"I thank you Joey." I smirked, "Heck, if you've got another one, feel free to spring it on my Dragon's Bead, too." Joey gave me the confused look again. "Now I activate Yin-Yang of the Zodiac!" I declared.

"What the?" Yami trailed off. The floor in front of me began to glow with a white light. Then dimmed down until two solid rings were visible, on smaller than the other and inside the larger one. Small explosions in between the two rings of light set off around in parallel distance, each leaving another mark and each different. Twelve explosions total marked the Astrological Zodiac right in front of my Dragons.

'What kind of trap card is that? I've never seen that before.' Kaiba thought.

"Seto, what is Yin-Yang of the Zodiac?" Mokuba asked.

"I don't know, but get a picture of it from the satellite and give me all the information you can get." Kaiba replied. Mokuba nodded and rushed off the platform to the elevator. The doors slid open and Mokuba walked in.

__________

Yami Marik watched from inside, keeping himself well hidden from his host. From the moves so far, he is content to see that it has gone well; every move, almost flawless. Now it just needed four more turns to end the Duel. He waited with little patience for his host to summon the one known as the Eternal Dragon.

He looked to an object in his left palm. A light sphere, in the form of a bubble, held an image within it. A young woman wearing a white top kimono with red and black hair falling straight sat silently inside. She didn't make eye-contact with Yami Marik, she couldn't look up to the demon.

"Tell me all you know about Yin-Yang the Eternal Dragon, Tsunami Sinogi." Yami Marik hissed. The woman still didn't look up. She was staring at the glass case, faintly she saw the current Duel behind the glass. "Tsunami?" Yami Marik questioned.

"I'll never breathe a word of almighty Yin-Yang to a demon who proposes his power only to cause chaos." Tsunami finally cried.

"Very poetic." Yami Marik replied, "But you do realize I hold the cards here, right? If you haven't known yet, I have already bent a mortal to my whims." He smirked. "She's a descendant of both you and your daughter. If you don't tell me now, I will shatter Miranda's soul in the Shadow Realm."

"The one Dueling?" Tsunami refused to believe his words inside her heart.

"Precisely, Miranda has both your wisdom and Miran's battle-hardened experience. As well as a few other traits passed in your clan. But refuse to tell me how powerful Yin-Yang the Eternal Dragon can be compared to The Winged Dragon of Ra and her soul will be forever sealed in the Shadow Realm." Yami Marik threatened.

"No." Tsunami muttered. She tilted her head, "Very well. I'll tell you everything you need to know." Tsunami regretted her choice, "But Yin-Yang can only be controlled by a Zodiac's soul that's pure of Dragon." Yami Marik smirked.

"You say soul...when I can control Miranda's soul and indirectly control Yin-Yang once it's summoned." Yami Marik said. Tsunami gasped.

"Mirandragon, where are you?" Tsunami cried to herself.

* * * *

MG waited downstairs in her room with the door closed. She sat on the bed with her knees up to her chin and embracing herself. MG stared longingly at the Millennium Sword lying in front of her, unsheathed from its holster. 'Why must these events be? I only wished of a normal life. But now, it seems like history is repeating itself.' MG thought with her gaze set on the blade. Below was the holster that her partner designed herself before they were isolated.

Minutes passes and a strange aura surrounded MG, an aura that seemed familiar but unrecognizable. "Mirandragon, where are you?" MG heard a soft voice. She perked her head up from her knees and looked around the room.

"Who's there?" MG mumbled to herself, hoping it was just her mind.

Tsunami's eyes shot in surprise, she could here who she wanted to her. "Mirandragon?" she repeated in a low whisper.

"I'm not this Mirandragon you're looking for. My name is MG." MG continued to mumble to herself and kept her gaze on the Millennium Sword. The blade began to glow dimly.

"Do not lie to yourself. I remember you." Tsunami kept her tone.

"No, go away. I feel bad enough as it is." MG hugged tighter on her knees.

"If you do not believe me, then why do you flinch every time the words 'Pharaoh Yami' are spoken?" Tsunami's voice continued to flow to MG. Her eyes shot wide, but she still kept her tone.

"What do you know about the Pharaoh that resides in the Millennium Puzzle?" MG began to listen to Tsunami's voice.

"Mirandragon, MG," Tsunami reinstated herself, "you were the swordsman mentioned in the Ancient scriptures. You were destined to join the Pharaoh when he sealed the Shadow Games in the Millennium Items. But you have to listen to me, in your journal, you've mentioned you ran into an assassin that spared you. I think I found him, but he has Miranda on her last thread of life." Tsunami's voice warned. Through her speech entirely, MG remembered some of her Past.

MG remembered a strange creature that accompanied her to a desert shore, she remembered Yami Yugi in a different uniform, almost a sign of royalty, she remembers the first time she met Shadi and the assassin that appeared to be...Yami Marik!

MG gasped and looked to the Millennium Sword. The blade now shimmered with ancient text carved on the blade. 'I am Mirandragon.'

"Mirandragon Sinogi, I am your mother, Tsunami Sinogi. You have to best Miranda in the Finals, or history as we know it will change drastically." Tsunami warned before her voice faded.

"Tsunami, wait." MG shocked as the vision came to her eyes. A woman, wearing a white top and red kimono and black hair was dragged away into the shadows by a dark hand.

MG's breath paused as the Millennium Sword dimmed down and the text vanished. 'Tsunami, I still need you. What now?' MG thought to herself, still huddled up in herself. A single tear welled in her eye and slid down her face. 'So many questions that need answers, but what if I am forced to fight Yugi in the tournament? There are consequences within every victory. If that were to happen...if Yugi wins, Miranda is trapped with Yami Marik. And if I would win, the world's chances to survive out of the darkness are almost slim to none. This just can't happen.' MG released herself and grabbed the holster and Sword, 'Mother, I thank you for the warning, I'll be sure to tell Yami right away.' MG's door slid open and she rushed out the door with her left hand clenched on the sword holster's mouth.

To be continued...

* * * * * * * * * * * *

New Cards played

Yin-Yang of the Zodiac: Continuous Trap. At the end of each of your opponent's turns, place 1 Tri card from your hand or your Deck face-up to the field. If it is from your Deck, then shuffle your Deck. If Tri cards Earth, Fire, Wind, and Water are all on the field in their proper order, Special Summon "Yin-Yang the Eternal Dragon" from your hand or your Deck. If any of the cards are destroyed or removed from the field while constructing the message, they are all sent to your Graveyard immediately.