Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Silenced Legacy ❯ Dragonic Summoning: The Rising, Part 2 ( Chapter 13 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Episode #13- Dragonic Summoning, Part 2

The Duel was about to reach its end when Yami Marik demanded that I summon the Zodiac God Card. What choice did I have? If I was going to stay in control of my body, I was going to have to follow his every call. Now beating Joey seemed like a long-shot, since in my past Duels I only lasted at least five turns before my opponents make a comeback. On the other hand, Yami Marik rearranged my Deck the night before with everything I had plus some. But I still don't know how or where he got Yin-Yang of the Zodiac.

"It's still my turn, so I play Panther Warrior in attack mode." Joey called as a beast-warrior in the shape of a wildcat appeared. "But I need to make a sacrifice in order to attack, and since I don't want to lose my Thousand Dragon, I'll end my turn here." Joey finished as a card appeared on my side of the field. "What?"

"It's one of my Tri Cards, Joey. At the end of each of your turns, I can play one magic card know as a Tri Card. There are four Tri Cards total and each holds a different element of Earth, Fire, Wind, and Water. The first Tri you see before you is Tri of Earth." I explained to the best of my knowledge. I paused to see if Yami Marik noticed I've missed anything. Nothing, "Tri of Earth will connect the three signs following in the Earth's element." I paused again as the light ring activated once more. A green beam scorched out a triangle where the corners surrounded three of the signs, Virgo, Taurus and Capricorn. "Once the four Tri have been assembled, this very spot will be the ground of reawakening for the true ferocity inside my Deck."

"I'm confused. Is it just me, or did Miranda pull on a completely different personality?" Ashley asked.

"Yeah, it's like Miranda was the quick one in one minute, and the next she's toying with Joey until she makes her summoning, whatever that is." Tea replied.

'Aw man, three more turns, then Miranda's gonna finish me, but with what?' Joey thought.

"My turn," I stated and drew another one of my Remove Traps, "And this turn I'll switch my Spirit Ryu to defense, place one monster faced down, and use Remove Trap to destroy my Dragon's Bead." I declared as one card was destroyed and a monster was set in defense, "Your move Joey." I ended my turn. 'Now I'll I need to do is get rid of my Horn of the Unicorn and Heart of Clear Water and I can pull this off.'

"OK," Joey breathed and drew, "Thousand Dragon, attack Spirit Ryu now!" Joey declared without hesitation and the Dragon was destroyed, I didn't lose any Life Points in the process but the small sacrifice was nothing short of his demise.

"Great job, Joey, now my magic field is open far and wide to complete the summoning." I smirked. Yami Marik was still on me but his signature seemed pleased with me, not what I had in mind.

The elevator behind Joey opened up and MG came through with easy paces and rejoined the crowd. She approached Yugi first. "Miranda's in danger." she said in a soft and admitting tone.

"How?" Yami kept the same tone in his voice.

"Remember Yami Marik?" MG asked, Yami nodded. MG pointed secretly up to me. "He inhabits her soul now." She lipped with no voice behind it. I shifted my gaze towards them without tilting my head from Joey. Yami Yugi gasped to himself at the news.

'No way, that can't be right!' Yugi cried from mind, he heard the news as well.

"This ends my turn." Joey stated.

"And this sets forth another one of my Tri Cards." I cut in, "Reveal, Tri of Fire." I declared as now a red streak of light connect together three more signs, Leo, Sagittarius, and Aries. "And this is my turn so I'll add to the twist of my Zodiac."

"What?" Joey questioned.

"At the cost of 1000 of my Life Points, I can summon a Dragon of one of the elements I placed on the field. So with my Life Points reduced to 6500, I summon a Dragon of the Fire. Rise and serve me, Firo!" I proclaimed as the red triangle shined like a solid plate. Out of it came a dragon shielded by plates of bone with little showing of its red scales. Three-talon forearms clutched the ground, the image of its sharp nails digging into the platform seemed very real. It roared in awakening as its skull helmet swung a dead bone jaw below the real lower jaw of the dragon.

"Mokuba, there's been a change of plans. Give me a full status of Miranda's current Deck." Kaiba commanded after he pressed the KC emblem on his jacket.

Mokuba typed away on a computer monitor below deck. "I've got it, Bro." Mokuba replied. He stopped typing once he got a list of cards. "No way. Half of these cards in her Deck I've never heard of before. Firo, Tri of Fire, Yin-Yang of the Zodiac. Seto, Miranda is a Duelist with very advanced cards."

"What do you mean Mokuba?" Kaiba's voice sounded impatient in Mokuba's headset.

"Wait, here's something, it's 'bout as rare as Slifer." Mokuba stated as he zoomed in on a card name, "This has to be Miranda's greatest summoning she was talking about. She has a Dragon that can only be summoned when all of her Tri Cards are on the field." Mokuba upbeat.

"Now that's what I'm talking about." Kaiba smirked, "Alright, fill me in."

"Yin-Yang the Eternal Dragon is practically another God Card according to its effect. And it gains 1000 attack points for every Dragon-class monster on the field and in both players' Graveyard. It's almost a supped up version of Yugi's Buster Blader. But there's more, there's also text under its effect that I can't read."

"Get to it Mokuba, translate that text." Kaiba commanded, 'Another God Card, huh? Miranda, if it a powerful card, it will soon be mine.' He thought and looked back to the Duel with the transmission ended, "And with all those Dragons in Miranda's Graveyard, I guess she'll be putting on a show after all." Kaiba mumbled under his breath.

"Firo, attack Panther Warrior now! Bone Tail Swing!" I commanded. Firo swung its heavy, bone-coated tail and slammed the Panther Warrior effortlessly. Joey's Life Points decreased further to 800. After that attack, Firo breathed a slow roar and returned stance.

"Yugi, can't you help him?" Serenity panicked.

"This is Joey's Duel." Yami replied. "But we can always support him."

Serenity nodded and looked to her brother, "Come on Joey!" Serenity cheered.

"Yeah Joey, don't get torched by this Dragon." Mai added on.

'Don't worry mortals, the next Dragon will be sure to leave him in smoldering ashes.' Yami Marik commented in my mind.

__________

'There shouldn't be really any cheering going on.' Yugi side-commented from within, 'If what MG says is true-if Miranda loses, we could have an even bigger problem.'

'Come on, give me something good.' Joey thought and drew. "Alright, I play one card faced down and allow Thousand Dragon to attack your Spear Dragon."

'Is he that stupid enough to attack Spear Dragon when it has Heart of Clear Water?' Yami Marik questioned.

"Oh, Miranda, I play Mystical Space Typhoon to destroy your Heart of Clear Water magic card." Joey teased as the Thousand Dragon destroyed my Dragon, though it didn't effect my Life Points.

"Joey, you're a bigger fool than I thought. And to think you were runner-up in the Duelist Kingdom Tournament." The words that slipped from my lips was not me. Yami Marik took brief control while I had backseat inside my mind. My forehead began to glow with the Millennium Symbol, just like Yami Marik.

"Say what?" Joey look insulted.

MG felt another energy signature. 'Tsunami was right. Yami Marik now inhabits Miranda's soul, and he has completely control of this Duel.'

"Don't you get it, Wheeler. Miranda was expecting you to destroy her Spear Dragon somehow in order to finish her summoning." Kaiba hissed. Joey's turn ended and another card shot up on my side of the field.

"Reveal the third Tri, Tri of Wind." Yami Marik declared and a sky blue beam made another triangle on the already two existing triangles, surrounding Gemini, Aquarius, and Libra. "One more Tri to go. And now it's my turn. First I'll use Monster Reborn to bring back my Spear Dragon." He called as a light shined with Spear Dragon back on the field. "Next, in order to summon my Buster Blader, I need to make two Tributes. So I sacrifice my Firo and my Spear Dragon to call forth Buster Blader." Yami Marik exclaimed. My side of the field began to fog over, yet the Zodiac Ring was visible in the cloud cover. The smoke cleared and Buster Blader stood with a immense blade hung over its right shoulder.

"Aw man, that is powerful." Duke commented.

"And it gets even stronger." Yami Marik interrupted Duke using my voice, "For every Dragon in both Graveyards and on the field, my Buster Blader will gain 500 attack points. So with Gray Wing, Spirit Ryu, Firo, and Koumori Dragon in the Graveyard, as well as Thousand Dragon on the field, my Buster Blader has achieved a high attack power of 5100."

"But that'll take out Joey's remaining Life Points." Tea panicked.

"Don't worry, my Buster Blader is just here to protect my Life Points from further deduction. But that will soon be the least of my problems." Yami Marik claimed. I finally gained enough energy to bring myself back in control. I managed to get a hold of myself and continue the Duel from there.

'Nice try, but I can handle the cards you gave me.' I cocked, I felt the Millennium light disappear.

'I thought you could use a little boost.' Yami Marik backed off.

'Thanks, but maybe in the semifinals.' I replied back in thought. MG kept her eyes on me.

'Now Yami Marik's energy signature is gone. Maybe I'm being delirious, Miranda's probably not in any real danger. But Tsunami's words seemed truthful, and my Sword didn't react differently.' MG looked to her Millennium Sword. 'Wait, I remember what Shadi said. He said he spoke the truth and I knew since my Sword didn't react to say otherwise. Maybe Tsunami is right. But how can I help?'

"This will end my turn Joey, but next turn you're outta this tournament." I called. With a high-powered Buster Blader on my field, I was sure to win the Duel. But Yami Marik still demands that I summon the Zodiac God Card.

'This is it.' Joey thought, 'No card in my Deck can compete with her Buster Blader.' Joey went for his Deck. He drew and took a look at his card. 'Huh? Graceful Dice?' Joey shocked, 'Maybe there might be a way to take down at least one of her monsters.' Joey looked to the rest of his hand. 'And I've got Jinzo here, too. Maybe I can make a comeback against this Dragon.' Joey smiled and pulled three cards from his hand. "OK, I hope you're ready, because this turn is the beginning of your end." Joey called.

"Joey--lost it." Mai commented. Serenity grew cheerful.

"You go, Big Brother!" Serenity cheered.

'What in the world...' I trailed in thought.

"First, I'll use Monster Reborn to summon back Time Wizard." Joey began his turn with a monster revival, "And next, I'll sacrifice my Time Wizard to summon Jinzo." Joey continued his play as an android took the Wizard's place, "To finish, I'll put this card faced down. Your move, Miranda."

"No, with Jinzo on the field, my Zodiac has been disabled." I growled. My anger seemed to bring Yami Marik back on me again.

'Miranda!' Yami Marik roared. I winced, just to keep suspicions low. I drew and a jolt of Yami Marik's energy shot to my fingers. I ignored it and looked to the card I drew, Tri of Water.

'The final Tri Card!' I shocked in thought.

'You can always play that card while Yin-Yang of the Zodiac is disabled.' Yami Marik coaxed in my mind, "You can play any of the Tri cards in two ways, to summon a high powered dragon, or play it with Yin-Yang of the Zodiac.

"I play the final Tri Card, Tri of Water!" I declared and smacked down the magic card on the green Duel Disc.

"Mokuba, Miranda has played the final Tri Card." Kaiba transmission.

"And that triggers Yin-Yang the Eternal Dragon. It's attack power initially is 3000, but it gains 1000 attack points for every Dragon ever played." Mokuba informed, "When Yin-Yang is summoned it'll have an attack power of 8000. Joey's toast."

"Perfect." Kaiba hissed.

"The preparation is complete! Now behold the power of my Deck!" I boasted as a blue streak of light connected Pisces, Cancer, and Scorpio.

"Here it comes." Yami Yugi warned as a gust whipped around the arena.

__________

The winds blew with unpredictable force and the ring in front of me began to shimmer with the five different colors of the Zodiac.

A feeling blew over me, I felt text being deciphered in my mind. I pulled the Dragon Card from my hand. Buster Blader backed away from the ring as it shot a wide beam of light towards the sky.

'Miranda, now! Summon him!' I heard Yami Marik cry in my mind and I followed without notice.

"I summon Earth for my Father, I summon Wind for my Mother, I summon the Fire for my Cousin and Water for my Ancestors. Here I offer the Zodiac to aid in your spirit's awakening!" I chanted.

"What in the world is going on?" Duke questioned, "Suddenly there's a warm draft."

"The Zodiac Séance has begun," MG answered him while keeping her eyes on me. Now she began to exhibit the Millennium Symbol, "My real name is Mirandragon, and as of now Miranda is summon the ancient spirit of my clan, Yin-Yang the Eternal Dragon."

"You mean, you remember some of your Past?" Yami Yugi grunted in the occurring windstorm.

"Some of it. But right now Miranda is summoning a new God Card. One that was hidden from you, Pharaoh." MG's eyes began to glow as a triangle appeared on the back of her kimono. The Pisces, Cancer, and Scorpio sings were near each corner. "We needed to keep the almighty Yin-Yang hidden, for if any evil forces discovered its true power, the world would be plunged into Chaos."

"Hear my voice at worlds' ends and arise. See the Zodiac Spire and spirits draw nigh." I continued chanting with no control of my tongue.

'Yes, that's it! I can already feel Yin-Yang's power flowing through!' Yami Marik cracked a smile.

"Dragons of the Zodiac I ask of your power, give me your strength on this twilight hour." I chanted another verse and my eyes became emotionless.

"Miranda, no!" MG called but it was futile.

"Elements of Earth, Wind, Water, Fire, Dark, Light...reveal the forces...your powers...unite." I continued as the spire began to fade into the sky, "All of the powers combine into one. At the call of your name...the summoning...is done. Yin-Yang the Eternal Dragon!" I finished and the light spire faded completely. We were all hesitant until a crack of lightning struck down and formed the Zodiac Ring again. This time, six colored spirits surrounded the edge. They all united and a light beam bent in curves and circled around the blimp.

'A God Card of the Zodiac Clan?' Marik thought in confusion.

After the beam circled the blimp five times, the light dimmed and formed green scales down to the tail. Near the head, four talon claws settled on the blimp's rubbery surface. The head itself was right next to me. Yellow lips bordered its red mane that trailed up to its twisted gold horns. blank yellow eyes stared directly at Joey.

Kaiba pressed the KC icon again, "Mokuba, the summoning is complete, I see Yin-Yang the Eternal Dragon." He stated.

"Seto, Yin-Yang's attack power is stable at 8000, but Buster Blader gains another 500 thanks to Yin-Yang's appearance." Mokuba informed.

"Uh no, uh no." Joey panicked as the coils surrounded the blimp entirely.

"Joey." Serenity whimpered.

'Joey, Serenity. I'm sorry.' I thought to myself. As quickly as I thought it, Yami Marik discarded it from me. "Yin-Yang, destroy Joey's Jinzo and the remains of his Life Points. Zodiac Hidden Power!" I declared as Yin- Yang released one of its coils from the blimp and lifted itself. Yin-Yang set its fore claws in front and a sphere of intense energy sparked in between them. It roared to initiate its attack and the sphere launched towards Jinzo. Joey kept his head low.

'Well, we finished what we started at school. It's funny how you changed your defensive Aqua Madoor to your offensive Spear Dragon. I didn't realize someone could change that quickly. Good luck in the Finals, Miranda.' Joey thought in dignity.

"No, Joey!" Serenity called.

To be continued...

* * * * * * * * * * * *

New cards played

Tri of Earth: Continuous Magic. This card can only be placed on the field when "Yin-Yang of the Zodiac" is active. If you pay 1000 of your Life Points, Special Summon one "Fault-Line" from your deck, hand, or Graveyard in face-up attack position. When this card is destroyed, "Fault-Line" is also destroyed and vice-versa. When "Yin-Yang of the Zodiac" is removed from the field this card is also destroyed.

Tri of Fire: Continuous Magic. This card can only be placed on the field when "Yin-Yang of the Zodiac" is active. If you pay 1000 of your Life Points, Special Summon one "Firo" from your deck, hand, or Graveyard in face-up attack position. When this card is destroyed, "Firo" is also destroyed and vice-versa. When "Yin-Yang of the Zodiac" is removed from the field this card is also destroyed.

Firo: Dragon/Fire. Monster/Effect, 8/3100/2500. When this monster is summoned (including flip summon or special summon) Reduce the ATK of all of your opponent's Dragon-type monsters by 500.

Tri of Water: Continuous Magic. This card can only be placed on the field when "Yin-Yang of the Zodiac" is active. If you pay 1000 of your Life Points, Special Summon one "Submaragon" from your deck, hand, or Graveyard in face-up attack position. When this card is destroyed, "Submaragon" is also destroyed and vice-versa. When "Yin-Yang of the Zodiac" is removed from the field this card is also destroyed.

Tri of Wind: Continuous Magic. This card can only be placed on the field when "Yin-Yang of the Zodiac" is active. If you pay 1000 of your Life Points, Special Summon one "Hurricane" from your deck, hand, or Graveyard in face-up attack position. When this card is destroyed, "Hurricane" is also destroyed and vice-versa. When "Yin-Yang of the Zodiac" is removed from the field this card is also destroyed.

Yin-Yang the Eternal Dragon: Dragon/God. Monster/Effect, 9/3000/3100. This monster can only be Special Summoned when "Yin-Yang of the Zodiac", "Tri of Earth", "Tri of Fire", "Tri of Water", and "Tri of Wind" are on the field. Increase the ATK and DEF of this card by 1000 points for every Dragon-Type monster on the field and in both Players' Graveyards. If a Dragon-Type monster exists face-up on your opponent's side of the field, this monster cannot attack. This card cannot be targeted by Trap, Magic, or Monster effects.