Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Silenced Legacy ❯ Spirit Unity ( Chapter 15 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Episode #15- Spirit Unity

The elevator stopped its ascend on the floor with the bedrooms. The doors slid open with its whir and Mirandragon stepped out. Her two red streaks shading her eyes. 'I can't believe this. Yami Marik inhabits Miranda's soul now, this just can't be right. But the last Duel...' Mirandragon remembered her ally, who changed very quickly and then changed back to her original personality, 'Miranda didn't act like herself. I have to find a way to get Yami Marik out! Even if Yin-Yang couldn't, there might be a slim chance that I could. A chance I'm willing to take.' Mirandragon thought to herself as she paced down the hall to her room.

She passed Room 7 and an icy chill flew over her like she was hit by pile of falling snow. Mirandragon turned to the room again. In the crack below the door, black smoke poured on to the floor, staying ground level. 'Miranda!' She went to touch the surface of the metal door, expecting it to be hot. One finger tapped on the surface and she drew her hand back quickly. The metal was freezing cold. 'Something is wrong.' Mirandragon went to bang on the door. Her right hand clenched into a fist, still wrapped in her torn kimono, and was ready to hit the door when the elevator opened up again. Yami Yugi waited with his hands in his pockets.

"Mirandragon, is everything all right?" Yami Yugi asked with one eyebrow up. Mirandragon slowly let her hand drop.

"Yeah, I just wanted to check on Miranda." She fibbed. Mirandragon looked to the floor again, the black smoke stopped seeping out of the door.

"Trust me, we would all want to after what happened up there." Yami said, "Come on, they're ready to announce the next Duelists." Yami stayed inside the elevator with his finger pressed on the "hold doors" button. Mirandragon took another glance at Room 7's door; she still felt the icy chill that ran through her body. Then she turned towards the elevator and paced in.

The doors closed and the elevated descended back to the main concourse. 'Yami, Joey asked if Mirandragon could be called by a different name.' Yugi stated in thought.

'It just might get Mirandragon from worrying about Miranda.' Yami counter-thought, "Say, Mirandragon." Yami started talking inside the elevator. Mirandragon perked her head from the floor.

"Yeah?" she replied solemnly.

"Do you have a nickname we can call you by? It's not that Mirandragon's a name we don't like." Yami tried to put his question in a different perspective.

"Miran." She stated and Yami sighed a breath of relief, "You can call me Miran. After all, that was my nickname I asked that you addressed me by 5000 years ago." Miran gave a slight smile.

Yami returned the commentary with a shocked look, "So you remember your Past?"

"Some of it, like I said before. Since Yin-Yang appeared in the previous Duel, bits of my memory have been coming back to me." Miran kept her smile, "And I do believe that even Kaiba can draw back to his Past in Egypt. But Kaiba doesn't believe by word of mouth nor by Millennium magic, does he?"

"Afraid not, but for now all we can do is play out this tournament and hope for the better." Yami Yugi lost eye contact to the swordsman. Miran just kept her gaze on him until the elevator stopped its descend. The doors opened and both of them looked up to the group lined up in front of the Blue-Eyes lottery machine.

"Alright, can we get this started?" Kaiba hissed. Yami Yugi and Miran stepped out of the elevator with Miran only a pace's length behind him, "Good."

"Duelists, remember your number. Remember the numbers are selected at random. OK, Selector, start." Roland declared as six yellow spheres rolled everywhere in the clear dome. Everyone waited anxiously for the new Duelists to be chosen. One of the balls bounced into the dragon's mouth and popped back out on the left head. "And the first Duelist is," Roland paused to observe the number, "Duelist Number 8. Repeat, Duelist 8, MG, will compete in the next round."

Miran's eyes shot wide. She didn't want to go to the next Duel, she wanted to stay below decks to try and see what is going on with her outer counterpart.

"Now we will see MG's opponent. Selector, begin." Roland made another announcement and five remaining balls rolled again. Miran turned on a heel and headed or the elevator. Yami Yugi looked behind.

"Miran, don't you want to see who you're going to face?" Yami asked. Miran stopped her steps.

"It wouldn't matter to me, really." Miran's response came to everyone's ears. After a moment's hesitation, she started towards the elevator again. The sound of the hollow balls bouncing inside Kaiba's contraption faded in her ears. 'As long as I can reach my goal of protecting Miranda, I have to win.' Miran thought as she stepped in and the doors closed behind her back.

Everyone turned back to the lottery machine just as the second yellow orb deposited out of the Dragon's right head. "And MG's opponent will be," Roland hesitated, "Duelist Number 2. Yugi Motou will face MG in the next round.

__________

In the blacked out Room 7, only the television shed little light to the room. Yami Marik watched from sitting at the foot of the bed with his elbows resting on his knees, though he didn't disturb the sleeping body. The volume was low but he could understand clearly.

"And MG's opponent will be...Duelist Number 2. Yugi Motou will face MG in the second round." Roland announced with his voice issued over the TV.

Yami Marik took his eyes off the screen and on to his sleeping counterpart, 'This will be rather interesting. Miran is the actual swordsman that served the Pharaoh after the Cairo Crisis against Seideigo. This is a match I don't want to miss.' He thought with a fiendish smirk on his face and got up with no disturbance of his image, looking at the door. He took one step before turning his head around behind him, "But before I go, I just need to make sure I won't have to bother with you if you awaken." He mumbled before a faint image of the Millennium Rod appeared in his right hand, "I'll leave you in the Shadow Realm for now...for safekeeping." The head of the Millennium Rod started to glow gold as black clouds began to rise around the bed.

He gave a small "heh" before turning around and walking through the door. 'This is too perfect. Miranda holds not only Slifer, but also a powerful God Card from the Zodiac Clan, Yin-Yang the Eternal Dragon. And if all goes according to plan, Kaiba and Yugi will advance to the semifinals, where that will be their last stop before their God Cards are in my possession. However, that Card has a mind of its own, it was willing to protect Miranda. Heh, to bad I have her soul in my shackles, and only I know how to free her.' He though to himself and walked through the elevator doors fluently. He hesitated in front of the doors for a moment with the image of the Rod secured around one of his belt loops and caught the ascending ride to the top.

Yami Marik was invisible to the occupant of the elevator, Yami Yugi waited in the center with his head hung low.

'I can't believe it.' Yugi sighed in thought, 'Our first opponent was your ally in the Past. Do you think you remember Mirandragon, Yami?'

'I still know little of my Past. My memory is a blur to me. But the mere sight of Yin-Yang, Miran's God, gave some of her memory back.' He explained, 'But, what Miran said up there, she must have been the swordsman that served me in my ancient Past.'

Yami Marik leaned against one of the walls with his arms folded, 'What troubles you? The fact that your once greatest ally has become a bitter rival?' Yami Marik thought in sarcastic questioning, 'Some of us might find this Duel entertaining.'

Miran stood alone on the far end of the platform where her partner Dueled. The brisk gusts blowing hard on the back of her neck. Her green eyes glaring at the elevator doors, waiting for her opponent. 'This is it. Whom ever my opponent will be, I have to win for Miranda.' Miran determined herself.

The doors slid open and Mirandragon had to drop her guard completely. Her next opponent...was, once or twice, her ally.

'I have to face Him?' Mirandragon thought in panic.

__________

Left unattended, the prisoner heavily slept in the locked room, surrounded by Shadow Magic far more powerful than any Millennium Item alone. Though the restrains were boundless, the captive seemed to care less and kept her state of rest.

A small spiritual disturbance gained consciousness to the room as a figure took a translucent form. Her thick brown bangs and red side streaks didn't hide her amber eyes, filled with the fire of anger. She wore a Geranium red swordsman kimono with a Katana blade sword tied to her waist and thin sandals. She formed her image at the foot of the bed, in front of the sleeping captive, the one she called her daughter. She breathed deeply through her gritted teeth.

"Miranda." she whispered, seeing if she could wake her without be too disruptive, "Miranda." She said again, still nothing. Her anger simmered. "Miranda, what happened to you?" She took slow paces towards the head of the bed. Though she had to draw back quickly after coming up past the middle. In her eyes, she saw the black clouds that have imprisoned her for the past eight years, "Just like me. Imprisoned in the Shadow Realm yet you are still alive." She kneeled to the floor with her hands in her lap.

Another disturbance appeared behind the first one. This one took the shape of an animal spirit, strong and powerful. Fox-shaped structure under its white and midnight blue-striped fur down to the nine, blue-tipped tails waving like ripples in a lake. It stepped forward in front of the swordsman ghost. "Kikaita, we have bigger problems." It spoke in a telepathic voice, "We need to depart to the roof. An ancestor needs our help."

"So does a descendant, Raikoukou." Kikaita perked up. The fox creature took another look at the slumbering mortal, surrounded by a dark and powerful magic.

"Is this your daughter you've been watching over since your passing?" Raikoukou asked as they watched the black clouds drifting around the body.

"Raikoukou, go upstairs to the Dueling arena. I'll be fine down here." Kikaita commanded.

"Why do you want me up there, Master?" Raikoukou questioned her.

"You have the ability, as an animal spirit, to aid those in need if you wish. However, Miranda cannot be helped at this time. You're only option is to help our ancestor by becoming a card yourself. Give her clear instructions once you've achieved your form." Kikaita ordered.

"Yes Master." Raikoukou nodded and stride through the metal door and out of the room. Kikaita watched as her fox-demon disappeared through the metal, then turned back to her daughter.

'It's a good thing Edward isn't around to see the damage you're in now. I just hope Raikoukou can at least help the both of you.' Kikaita thought and sat along side of the bed.

* * * *

Mirandragon gulped as Yami Yugi stepped up to the platform. Sweat drops began to form on the side of her face. He took his position and the platform elevated up with Roland taking ref in the middle. 'I was afraid of this...' Mirandragon thought.

'Huh? Mirandragon looks worried.' Yugi pointed out from the back of Yami's mind.

'Yes, but we should both be nervous. Though what got Mirandragon really worked up?' Yami answered. The elevator opened again and everyone else poured out, everyone but Serenity. Kaiba and Mokuba took a side alone while the rest of them took the other.

"Duelists, prepare your Duel Discs and let the battle begin." Roland announced as the Life Points were set to 8000.

"I'll go first." Yami called, "And I'll start with Beta the Magnet Warrior in attack mode." Yami called as one of his Magnet Men appeared, I'll also place two cards faced down and end my turn."

Yami Marik watched without detection with his arms folded, standing on the same side as Kaiba and Mokuba. 'This is it, a Duel I have so long waited for. And with Miranda's mind and soul temporarily locked in the Shadow Realm, I won't have to mess with her if she wakes up.' Yami Marik looked towards the closed doors of the elevator and Raikoukou jumped through it like it wasn't even there, 'Raikoukou? Why is that fox-demon here again?' He thought as the fox-demon, unnoticed by the others, leaped into Mirandragon's Deck, 'Ha, I get it. Raikoukou is going to try and aid Mirandragon's victory. But surprises lurk within every shadow of defeat.'

"Uh guys, where's Serenity?" Tristan pondered with a hand in his pocket.

"She said she'll stay below and check up on Miranda." Joey replied and looked to Tristan.

"Then I'll go with her, can't leave two lovely ladies unattended when evil's around." Duke insisted.

"Aw no you don't!" Ashley cried and swung her bowling ball bag still clamped in her hand. Joey and Tristan ducked but Duke got nailed. Like before, Duke was sent to the ground by a blow to the head, "You're not going to hit on my cuz or Serenity!" Ashley steamed.

"Thanks Ash, but I got it." Joey thanked and strangled Duke by the neck, "You should listen to the Queen of the Lanes, Duke. There ain't no one gonna mess with my sis'."

"My turn." Mirandragon stated and drew Command Knight. From her hand, she also had Ultimate Offering, Don Zaloog, Black Pendant, Rush Recklessly, and Skull Guardian, "and for my first move, I summon Command Knight in defense mode." She declared as a female knight armored in metal and different animal pelts, "With my monster's high defense status, there's almost no way to bring her down. But I'll also place two cards faced down and end my turn." Two cards lined themselves behind her Command Knight. 'I have to win, for Miranda's sake. But if he loses this Duel, the world as we know will plunge into chaos.'

To be continued...