Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Sorrow ❯ Pain ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Mary-ohki: Konnichiwa Mina-san! This is my attempt at a sad fic. It's kinda like what's going on in my life with Mark and Lindsey, with Bakura in my situation, Ryou in Mark's, and Seto in Lindsey's. Only difference is this could wind up happy, and my life probably won't.

Ryou: She's very depressed about this Mark guy.

Bakura: She's weak.

Mary-ohki: So anyway, I do not own Yu-Gi-Oh so don't sue me. I'm poor and you aren't getting my Blue Eyes! This is rated PG for some swearing.

Raining. It suits my mood, really. I'm just so sad. My past was horrible, and I hoped this new life would be better. Then I fell for Ryou. I took it for granted that he and I would be together. I never really thought about someone else being with him. I subtly hinted that I liked him, but he didn't get the message. I decided I'd put off telling him until I was more confidant, and less afraid of being rejected. Then there was Seto. He showed up, and Ryou fell for him. Seto is such a bastard. I can tell he doesn't really care about Ryou, and that he's just toying with him, but Ryou can't. They're dating now. Everyone's so happy for them. Yugi, Jounouchi, and the rest of them, I mean. Since Ryou has his boyfriend, I'm practically non-existent to him. True, I am in love with him, but I just really want his friendship. He hardly ever wears the ring anymore. Since that breaks our connection, I don't know what's going on with him anymore. I usually stay in my soul room, but today I'm not. I need to do something. I guess I'm the weak one.

"Hey, Bakura!" Yugi calls, waving to me. "Hello, Yugi. Have you seen Ryou anywhere?" I ask. I really don't like Ryou's friends too well, but if they can help me find Ryou, I'll put up with them. "An why'd you care?" Jounouchi demands, glaring at me. "Jou, be nice!" Yugi scolds his friend, who happens to hate me. "I think Ryou's out somewhere with Seto. He should be back home soon!" Yugi answers my question. "Grr…Seto…" I growl. I attempt to contact him mentally, but can't reach him. "He's taken the ring off again! Why does he do this to me?!" I hiss. "Is there something you want to talk about, Bakura?" Yugi asks me. "Insanity, plans of world domination, thievery attempts, etc." Jounouchi says, laughing nastily. "Jounouchi!" Yugi whimpers. "Yes, actually, I do." I answer, glaring at Jounouchi. Yugi leads me to his house, and we enter the game shop.

"Hi, Yugi! I see you brought a friend home! Welcome, Ryou!" Sugoroku greets us. I just glare at him coldly. "Oh…sorry, Bakura!" he said, sounding a bit frightened. Why does everyone always think that every time I come out of the ring, I'm going to kill? We go upstairs to the living area of the house. "Have a seat!" Yugi tells me happily. I sit down on the couch and Yugi joins me. "So, what's bothering you?" he asks innocently. I pour my heart out to him. "Well, once Ryou set me free from the ring, I decided to try to collect all of the millennium items and take over the world, and in between time I'd stay in the ring. That was fine for a while, until Ryou began reaching out to me. At first I just closed him out, but he was persistent, so I finally gave up, and we became friends. I then began to fall for him. I would slightly hint that I liked him, but was too scared of rejection to come out and tell him. I took his presence for granted; sure that no one would take him from me. Then he met Seto, and he seemed to like Ryou, and now they're dating. I know Seto is really an asshole and will just end up hurting him, but Ryou can't see it, and when I try to tell him, he starts in about how ever since he unlocked me, all I ever want to do is make him miserable, then leaves me to go talk to Seto. Since he and Seto started dating, he just ignores me. He doesn't even wear the ring very much, and when he does, he has his mental blocks up, and I can't even talk to him." By the time I'd finished my story, tears were rolling down my cheeks, and I was sobbing into a pillow. Yugi looked shocked. "B-Bakura…that's awful! I never knew!" he said in an utter loss for words. "What should I do?" I wailed. "Talk to Ryou. Tell him you miss him. Then at least he won't ignore you!" Yugi answered. "Thank you Yugi…" I sobbed, walking downstairs. Sugoroku still looked scared as I walked out of the game shop and into the rain.

Mary-ohki: Well, should I write more? Review please! Please!

Bakura: Review or she'll go psycho

Ryou: Read, Review, do whatever it takes to keep her happy! She's mental, and has an army of a pot smoking Pegasus, and several Red Eyes Black Dragons!!!!!