Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Summer Heat ❯ New Room ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The room looked smaller, but that was probably because of the different furniture adorning it. There was a full sized bed pushed into one corner and a mahogany dresser on another wall. There was a desk on the last wall, also mahogany. The walls were a brilliant shade of green as were the covers on the bed.
“Ryou? Are you alive in that underused head of yours?”
“Three questions. Where did you get all this stuff? And why?”
“Uh, well, I found it somewhere. Its previous home is really not important. As for your other question, it was because I felt like it. Now unless you're really as dumb as I think, you have another question.
“Why do you have so many colors on you if you only painted with green?”
“I didn't only paint with green; Mr. I'm going to pick everything you worked so hard to create apart. I decided on green after a long time. Now go back to sleep.” Ryou found himself being pushed into the room.
“But this is your room!”
“Gods, you're dense! Just, go sleep on the bed, it's what people do when they're tired.”
Bakura gave one last shove before closing the door and tromping down the stairs. Ryou peered about the room, discovering that his clothes were in the dresser and his books upon the desk. Maybe he was a heavier sleeper than he thought.
After his inspection was over, he walked down the stairs, finding the kitchen smoky.
“Bakura! Why don't you just let me cook! Really, I can't leave you alone in this kitchen for five minutes!”
Said yami looked at him sheepishly. Wait, Bakura…was looking at him…sheepishly. But there could be no denying it. “I was just trying to help.”
He looked helpless, standing there with a spatula in one hand and the other wrapped about the handle of the frying pan. Ryou sighed. “Fine, I'll show you, okay?”
The silver haired spirit nodded, shifting to the side slightly. Ryou grasped his hand not noticing the strange look directed at him. He proceeded to instruct Bakura on the finer parts of cooking burgers, unaware that not a word sunk in. “Bakura? Are you alright?”
The yami shook his head, eyes focusing on Ryou's face. “Of course. I just need to lie down for a while.” Without further explanation, he fled from the room. Fled…another word Ryou never predicted to be able to associate with Bakura.
By the time he had finished eating, it was very dark in the halls. Forgetting about the room change, he stumbled into his old one, half awake. “Ryou, go `way,” came the sleepy command.
“Why're you in my room?”
A groan sounded from under the blankets before a form emerged. Hands were placed on his shoulders, guiding him into the hallway, and into his new room. He was pushed onto his bed gently; blankets were pulled over his body.
“Go to sleep Ryou.” Bakura brushed his lips over his forehead.
“nigh' `Kura.” He was curled on his side, head tucked to his chest. He felt fingers run through his hair before the door closed. Ryou's mind was too tired to process what had happened, despite how much sleep he had actually been getting. Eyes drifted closed on the freshly decorated room, delivering him to an area of darkness, known as sleep.