Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Sunshine Kisses ❯ Sunshine Kisses ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Sunshine Kisses
By: Aria Lerendeair

Warnings: Fluff, spoilerish, tiny bit of angst
Pairings: Yami no YuugixYuugi
Criticism: Criticism welcome, flames will be used to heat rooms where boys need a bit of a push to get into bed. ^_^
Disclaimer: Yu-Gi-Oh isn’t mine. *cry* Why not! J/k. I make no money, and do this only to make people who would get these jokes and like the story, and fluffyishness of Y/YY Oh, and just so everyone knows, I have no clue when rose bushes bloom, other than “supposedly late spring”. I have no idea if that is right and I apologize if it is wrong.


Yugi sighed and drew another doodle in the margin of his math homework. He stared out the window and looked at the bright day filled with sunshine and happiness. The last of the snow had melted and spring was coming out in full force. All his friends were hanging, but he had to stay inside and finish his homework that he had missed in the past week. He had stayed out of school, and pined for his yami for a week. Yugi knew that Yami was with his father, and all of his family, but that didn’t stop the aching pain of loss that filled his heart.

*I should be happy that you got your memories back Yami.* Yugi thought and looked back down at his homework. After all they had been through together, the pharaoh’s leaving had seemed a cruel ending. Yugi laughed, a harsh mockery of the once happy sound.

*And I’m the only one that thinks so. Who am I kidding, he was so happy to go and see his family, to get his memories back, I shouldn’t wish he could have stayed with me.* Yugi thought and stared at his blank sheet of math problems. He rested a hand on the puzzle, but there was no longer a wave of comfort evident to make him happier. Making a sudden decision, Yugi threw himself out of the chair and ran downstairs to where his grandfather was attending the shop.

“Grandpa! I’m going outside to get some fresh air!” Yugi shouted and closed the door on his Grandfather’s reply. Being in the room where he and his dark had shared so many private conversations, and so many special moments was only making him more depressed. *I need to enjoy the happiness around me.* Yugi thought with determination.

“I will stop thinking about Yami, and how happy I was when he was around to-” Yugi’s hands curled into fists when he realized what he had been doing. He sighed and headed toward the park. He needed to get away from everything and just think, despite having done that for the past week in his room.

“Yugi!” A high, squeaky voice called. Anzu ran toward her friend standing in the park and waited a moment to catch her breath.

Yugi resisted the urge to roll his eyes. He wasn’t up to another of her friendship speeches when he had a broken heart. Plastering a smile on his face that he hoped would fool the brunette he turned to Anzu.

“Hey Anzu! What’s up?” Yugi asked. The girl had a large smile, one that was probably illegal and looked far too cheerful to have just come from school.

“Are you feeling better Yugi? You’ve been out of school for a week now!” Anzu said, worry etched on her face. She reached out to put a comforting hand on her friends shoulder, but was surprised when Yugi shrugged her away and walked toward the rosebushes.

“Yugi?” Anzu asked, hurrying to catch up with her friend. “I had something I wanted to talk to you about, could you wait for a second?”

Yugi stared at the flowers that reminded him so much of Yami’s dark eyes. The flowers themselves were so much like his love, thorns on the outside, protecting the beautiful and defenseless center. In the background of his musings he could he Anzu saying something and turned his attention to her.

“I’m sorry Anzu, could you say that again, I was zoning for a minute.” Yugi apologized and scolded himself for once again thinking of his dark.

“It’s okay, I was just saying that after all the excitement is over and now that Yami has returned to the afterlife if you would be interested in going out with me sometime?” Anzu said, a blush tinting her cheeks as she looked at her crush.

Yugi processed what Anzu had said and thought for a moment before shaking his head. He couldn’t hurt her like that. He looked at her hopeful face and hated himself for having to tell her know, but he also couldn’t be fair to her with Yami still embedded in his heart.

“No thank you Anzu, it sounds great and all, but I’d rather not get involved with anyone right now. I just-”

“You’re still in love with that damn pharaoh, aren’t you?” Anzu said, voice turning low and aggressive.

Yugi froze. “Wha..what? No, of course not, I just haven’t been feeling well, and-”

“Yugi, you’ve been in your room not saying a word to any of us since he left, Jou is about to kill someone since your grandfather wouldn’t let us see you!” Anzu shouted. “He isn’t coming back Yugi, just stop thinking about him and go out with me, I’ll make you forget all about him.” The brunette grabbed Yugi and clumsily pressed her lips to his.

Yugi fought off his revulsion and pushed Anzu away. He couldn’t believe that she would try something like this, especially if she knew how he felt about Yami.

“I don’t want to forget about him Anzu. Please don’t do that again, I don’t want to go out with you and I probably never will.” Yugi pleaded with his friend to understand that a broken heart couldn’t be healed so quickly.

“I understand Yugi.” Anzu simpered. “Yami was hot, and I can see why you were attracted to him, but he can’t give you what I can, and you need to move on.” She said and moved to kiss Yugi again.

“I wouldn’t do that if I were you.” A deep voice threatened.

Yugi’s breath caught. He had to be dreaming. Only one voice in all the world sounded like that. The Millennium Puzzle gave off a great burst of light and Yugi brought up his hand to save his eyes. The light slowly died down and he looked all around him for the figure of his dark.

“Are you playing hard to get Yugi? I don’t like you using tricks to keep me away from you. I understand that you’re scared, but I’ll be gentle, I promise.” Anzu said and pressed her lips to Yugi’s again. She put pressure on his jaw and forced his mouth to open for her. She explored his mouth with her tongue, moving closer so Yugi could start to touch her.

“I warned you Anzu Mazaki. Nobody touches my aibou.” The voice spoke again.

The minute Anzu was no longer trying to suck his lips off Yugi looked around for Yami. He was met with only an empty park and no sign of his dark or Anzu.

“Yami?” Yugi whispered. Had he dreamed the entire encounter? Yami’s voice had sounded so real and so close. Tears began to slip down his cheeks and he moved toward the rose bushes. Yugi touched the stem of one and pricked his finger on the sharp thorn. He dropped to his knees and ignoring the pain he picked the rose and held it close to his eyes.

“Why are you crying aibou? Anzu didn’t hurt you did she?” Yami asked and stepped up behind his light. His eyes caressed the small form and the aura of light surrounding him.

Yugi’s head shot up at the sound of Yami’s voice. Slowly, he stood up, and turned around. His eyes met teasing crimson, and more tears cascaded down his cheeks. He threw himself into Yami’s arms, and buried his face in the strong chest. Yugi felt Yami’s arms come around him and hold him close.

“Aibou, are you all right?” Yami said again, and nudged his light with his head.

“I am now that you’re back Yami. Why did you have to leave? Why are you back? You don’t have to leave again do you?” Yugi cried, desperation rising in his heart.

“Calm down Yugi. I had to leave to assume my father’s position in the Land of the Dead. I’m back because it is still my job as your Yami to protect you. And-”

“You have to leave don’t you? Take me with you, I don’t care if I have to die, I don’t want to be without you!” Yugi yelled, holding onto his yami, afraid that he would fade away before him.

“Shhhhhh. It’s all right now my hikari. My father and I had a long talk, and we decided that I wasn’t ready to assume his throne. In the Land of the Dead I was incomplete, and could never be happy.” Yami whispered, feeling Yugi calm down as he continued to talk.

“But why did you leave?” Yugi asked, voice muffled by the leather shirt he was still nuzzling.

“I didn’t know that you cared about me at all aibou.” Yami said. “And my body was long dead. It was time for me to return to it and become one with my physical being.” Yami’s sharp eyes suddenly caught sight of Yugi’s bleeding finger. He took Yugi’s hand and kissed the wound. He watched as it healed and waved his hands so the thorns on the rose disappeared. Yami took the rose from Yugi and took a step away before he presented it with a bow.

“For my love, who looked past all my thorns and found my heart underneath.” Yami said and kissed the petals. He handed it to Yugi and watched as Yugi hugged the flower close.

“So you’re here to stay?” Yugi asked, voice hopeful. His eyes met Yami’s once again and he saw the overflowing love there, as well as the emotions pouring through their link.

“Yes Yugi, I’m here to stay.” Yami whispered. He took a step closer and captured Yugi’s lips in a hungry kiss. He plundered Yugi’s mouth over and over again, relishing in the taste and his light’s innocent passion. They broke apart for air and Yami smiled at his light.

“How?” Yugi said, his body thrumming with passion and love for his dark. His soul was once again complete and he could feel Yami sitting at the back of his mind, comforting and offering love.

“Don’t you know aibou?” Yami murmured. “Spring is the season of rebirth, for everything.” He leaned down and kissed Yugi again, and this time, there were no more questions to be asked.


Owari

Author’s Note: OMG I finished a story in one day, and in a matter of hours. Go me. Hope you all enjoyed this! If you want a lemon, just let me know and I’ll get to working on one right away. Love and Peace! (If so, I should have it out in a couple of days!)

Converting /tmp/php9KL33x to /dev/stdout