Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Tainted Angel ❯ Chapter 2

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

A/N: So… what do you think happens next? Read on and see! Oh, up coming chapters will have higher ratings, so if you're not allowed to read a rating of R or higher, I'd suggest to keep a wary eye for warnings.

Don't own YuGiOh since I'm not in my own little world. Actually, I don't even own YuGiOh there… That's pretty sad…

Yamis/hikaris do not exist in this fic and that's my only warning.

/…/ = thoughts

*~*~*~*~*~*= scene change

Ok, enough blabbering, just read on before I start rambling.

Tainted Angel

(3rd person POV)

Yugi was stuck staring in awe at the sight before him. Ryou walked into the living room rubbing his eyes in sleepiness. He looked up to see Yugi standing there and nearly fell over from surprise.

"Yugi-kun! What are you doing here?!"

Ryou looked over to the sleeping Rikoh, who now started to wake from his shouting. Her wings were completely visible now that she was sitting up and didn't seem to care that they had company.

/What happens if she's seen?! She told me yesterday that she wasn't allowed! Oh, this is not a good way to start off a day!/

Rikoh looked over to Yugi, whose mouth was hanging open, and giggled.

"Hello. I don't believe I know you," She greeted with a smile.

"Y-Yugi's my name. And yours?" He asked, blushing.

"Rikoh. It's nice to meet you, Yugi-kun," Rikoh turned to face Ryou and then continued, "Is he a friend of yours?"

"Y-Yes. I know him from school. He's the only one ho really talks to me." Ryou replied.

"Oh, stop lying Ryou-kun! Jou-kun, Honda-kun, and Anzu-chan are your friends too!" Yugi said.

"None of them talk to me though. They only hang around me because you do."

"Yuujou… Yugi-kun, is Jou-kun your best friend?" Rikoh asked as if in a trance.

"H-He's my closest friend, yes. Why do you ask?"

"I can tell by your names. You were destined to be friends. `Yuujou' is a combination of your names and it means `deep friendship' or `best friends.' "

"Oh wow. I never knew that," Yugi said in amazement.

Rikoh smiled at him and then turned to face Ryou. Ryou's expression was extremely tense.

"Well, I just stopped by to tell you that I was going to meet everyone at the arcade at 2. I wanted to know if you wanted to come. Rikoh-chan could come too," Yugi said, making his way back to the door.

"Oh, I'm fine with that. Would you like that Rikoh-chan?" Ryou asked.

"Sure. We'll be at the arcade at 2."

"See you both later!" Yugi shouted as he closed the door behind him.

Ryou walked over to the armchair and collapsed with a large sigh of relief.

"What ever happened to hiding your wings? Couldn't he see them?" Ryou interrogated.

"No, I realized after we both went to sleep that only special humans can see an angel's wings. You, Ryou-san, are a very special human."

"Oh, well, uh, thank you, I guess," Ryou stuttered and blushed.

"By the way… What's an arcade?" Rikoh asked, completely clueless.

Ryou nearly sweat dropped but explained exactly what an arcade was like.

*~*~*~*~*~*

Rikoh ran around the clothing department with excitement. She touched nearly everything, as she had been in the same outfit for a year.

"This one is soft! Why is that?" Rikoh exclaimed.

Ryou walked over slowly and felt what she had in her hand.

"It's called silk," he said and stepped back a bit.

Rikoh walked over to a different section and picked up a black dress, with pheasant sleeves, that was cut about mid thigh. She then picked up several black pants and shirts, nearly the same as the ones she was wearing.

"Is this too much?" She asked, holding up only 8 outfits.

"No, actually, with you being female I expected more. You could try them on if you'd like," Ryou said and pointed to the fitting rooms.

Rikoh smiled and walked inside. Within less than 5 minutes, she returned out.

"They all fit! What does this mean though?" Rikoh asked and pointed to the price tag.

"That tells me how much I have to pay for each of them," Ryou sighed.

"Pay?"

"How much yen is needed to buy those."

"Oh, I vaguely remember…"

"Let's take them up to the counter anyways," Ryou said and began to walk, but realized Rikoh wasn't following.

"Rikoh-chan?" he questioned and looked back at her.

Rikoh was staring at a white cotton nightgown. Her eyes were blank and her gaze was solely fixed on it alone.

"Rikoh-chan?" He asked again and put a hand on her shoulder.

"Huh?" Rikoh said and shot her head up.

"You were staring at that. What for?"

"Oh, no reason. Could I get this too?"

"Sure, but you don't have any other pajamas. How about 3 of them?"

Rikoh just nodded and picked up the amount in her size. As soon as they reached the register, she placed down all the clothes and waited for them to be scanned.

"Your total is ¥21,000." Said the person behind the counter.

"You take credit, right?" Ryou asked sadly and held out a credit card.

The lady nodded, swiped the card, and handed it back to him with a receipt to sign. Ryou signed it quickly, grabbed the bag, and walked out with Rikoh behind him. They drove back to his apartment in silence.

"You should change since you've been in those same clothes for a while. If you'd like to take a shower too, you can go on ahead. I'll be having lunch, just to warn you," Ryou said and walked into the kitchen.

Rikoh walked off to the bathroom and began to run the water.

*~*~*~*~*~*

"Ryou-san, should we leave now?" Rikoh asked as she walked into the living room.

Ryou turned around and immediately blushed at how stunning Rikoh looked in her dress. He tried to hide it by looking the other way but she had walked around to sit next to him.

"S-sure! I guess now would be good!"

*~*~*~*~*~*

"Hey Ryou-kun! You're on time for once!" Jou shouted as the two walked up to the front of the arcade.

"Who's this, Ryou-kun?" Anzu asked, referring to the shy one standing behind him.

"Her name is Rikoh-chan. I just met her two nights ago." Ryou responded.

"Oh you just met, eh? Anything special happen?" Honda teased.

"Eh, nani?"

Anzu whacked Honda on the head with a random piece of paper. Honda took to rubbing his head as Jou tried his hardest to hold in a fit of laughter.

"Would you stop being your immature self for a moment?" Anzu said angrily to Honda.

"It's nice to meet you, Ryou-san has told me about you," Rikoh finally spoke out.

" `San'? Are you sure, Ryou-kun?" Honda said.

Anzu took her job of whacking him again and then smiled at Rikoh.

"It's nice to meet you too. We only have to wait for Otogi-kun to come to go inside," Anzu said.

"Why not let the Dice-boy get lost? I mean, it's not like anyone wants him here," Jou deadpanned.

Anzu now took the liberty of hitting Jou with her handy piece of paper. Just at that moment, the oh so familiar CEO walked out of the limousine that had pulled up.

"Oh, has the dog come here to learn new games? You can't teach an old dog new tricks, you know," Seto said in Jou's general direction.

"Grrrr, I'm good at a lot of the games in here Kaiba! I can beat you!" Jou shouted back.

"I don't take challenges from worthless pups," Seto began to walk off into the building, with Jou fuming in the background, but Rikoh caught his eye.

"Found a new one to hang around you freaks?" He asked dully.

"My name is Rikoh, Kaiba-kun. You seem like a very honorable man."

"Yes, I'm the head of Kaiba Corp. Would you like to come with me instead of hanging with these freaks?"

Everyone in the group gasped at Seto's kind (yes, kind) gesture. Ryou blushed from jealousy.

"I'm sorry, but I'd rather stay with Ryou-san. He is who I am familiar with."

"Fine then. I'll see you around," Seto said and walked off.

Mokuba climbed out of the limo after telling the driver instructions. He waved to everyone and blushed at Rikoh. The young Kaiba then caught up with his brother, who had already begun playing one of the games.

"What was that all about?" Otogi called out from behind them.

"Finally! Now we can have some fun!" Jou shouted and ran in, followed by Honda.

Yugi stayed behind and followed Ryou and Rikoh around. He stared as she looked around in awe.

"Do you like any games?" Yugi asked Rikoh finally.

"I'm not familiar with any of them, no," Rikoh replied.

"Oh, wanna watch how it's done?" Yugi offered as he stepped up to one of the games.

Rikoh nodded and watched as she saw Yugi clear every level with ease. She was horrified that it was fighting, but she still was impressed by his skill.

"How was that?" Yugi asked after putting in his name for a high score.

"You're very skilled at it, but I'm not too fond of fighting games…"

"Oh, then maybe you'll like this one," he pointed to Pac-man.

"I guess I'm not in the mood for games…" Rikoh said, tiredly.

"Is something wrong?" Ryou had walked over after losing 4 times at his favorite game.

"I'm just a bit sleepy, that's all."

"Well, you can lay down on one of the table benches. I'll sit with you," Ryou offered.

Rikoh smiled and walked over with Ryou. Ryou sat down and Rikoh next to him. She leaned her head on his shoulder and he blushed. Honda and Jou watched them intently.

"I knew something was going on!" Honda stated and returned to his game.

"Yeah… But why'd she pick him?" Jou asked aloud, staring at her.

"Huh? You like her?"

"Uh, well, erm, she's pretty."

"Don't worry, man. I'm crushing on her too."

"Well both of you should stop because this is the closest Ryou's ever had to a girlfriend and I'm not going to let you two mess it up!" Anzu said angrily from behind them.

*~*~*~*~*~*

"Alright! Burgers!" Yugi shouted as they all sat down at the table Ryou and Rikoh were already at.

Ryou shushed him and pointed at Rikoh; she had fallen asleep in his lap. There was a group `aww' as they looked at how cute the two looked together. Ryou blushed deeply.

"I guess I'll take her home now," Ryou said and got up, lightly placing Rikoh's head on the seat.

They all said goodbye and Ryou carried Rikoh back to the car.

/She looks so cute asleep…/

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Ok, it's a bit late, but I've been busy! And my b-day was a few days ago! Yey! I'm finally 14! Thanks to Saki and Kirei for reviewing! Anyways, the dictionary.

Nani-what

Yuujou was defined already, so I'll ask you a favor to please review! Domo arigatou and ja ne!