Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Team YGO vs. Team Animasters ❯ The Invitation ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer:Kingdom Anime is mine so I don't need this d**n disclaimer!!! *Lawyers behind wave their fingers* Mumble…mumble… Fine!!!! But YGO isn't mine. I had a deal with Kazuki Takahashi to see which of our cast of characters is better, so this fic is the result. *turns to lawyers* Happy?!?! *Lawyers nod*
 
Side note: If the contents of the YGO casts' decks aren't the same as that of the anime, I'm sorry. I'm basing their decks from the game International Tournament 2 because I know it like the back of my hand.
 
!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
 
It was semestral break in Domino city, and Yugi was searching through the mail for anything interesting. Yami appeared beside him.
 
=Anything interesting, Yugi?= He asked, looking over Yugi's shoulder.
 
“Nothing yet…wait, this looks interesting…” Yugi replied, taking out a cream-colored envelope.
 
=What is it?= Yami inquired.
 
Yugi flipped over the envelope. There was a comet-shaped stamp in the center bearing the letters K.H.S. (What were you expecting, the Hogwarts seal?!?!) “I think it's an invitation of some sorts…” He said.
 
=At least it's not from Pegasus. I've had it up to here with that gay guy!!!= Yami ranted, placing his hand halfway along the middle lightning bolt in his hair.
 
Yugi sniggered and opened up the envelope. Written out in curly calligraphy handwriting was a letter addressed to Yugi.
 
Dear Mr. Motou,
 
We are inviting you to come to Tokyo, all expenses paid, to do battle with us in Duel monsters. We are also allowing you to bring some non-dueling companions, quantity depending on you. This affair will take two weeks, and we already informed your principal about this and are awaiting your decision. We will be awaiting your reply in 3 days' time. This is considered a team tournament. So bring some companions that have their own decks, around 7 will suffice. The rules will be explained if you accept. The prize is $600,000 to be given to each of your teammates. If you decline, we fully understand. Also, if you are coming, tell us how many friends you'll be taking along, so we may prepare. Before we forget, no God Cards may be used in this tournament.
 
Signed,
The Grand Dueling Council of Kalahari High School.
 
Yugi looked up from the letter and glanced over to Yami, who was reading the letter intently.
 
=$600,000 per teammate?? That's a new twist.= He mused.
 
“I've got nothing else to do for now. Why not?” Yugi said, shrugging.
 
=Are you sure, Aibou? We've never played a team tournament before. Yes, we've done tag team, but never group…=
 
-It's a welcome change of thought, why don't we?- Yugi replied, smiling.
 
=Who will we bring??=
 
“Hmm… I'm sure Joey will come, and he can bring Serenity, Tea and Tristan too. Maybe Duke can tag along. Perhaps Ryou too…”
 
=I guess the tomb robber will accompany him as well…= Yami said, his voice dripping with venom.
 
Just then, the door opened and guess who came into the shop…
 
“Weevil, Rex, Mako?!?! What are you guys doing here?!?!” Yugi exclaimed as the 3 said people came in.
 
“We each got a letter from some chick called Miyuki to come here stat!” Rex explained.
 
“Hehehe, strange how we got the same invitation…” Weevil sniggered.
 
“Well, you want to come with me?” Yugi asked.
 
=Aibou? What're you…= Yami started.
 
-We're short of duelists, Yami. They came just in time…- Yugi said.
 
“Come with you where, exactly?” Mako inquired.
 
Yugi showed them his letter and the three's eyes grew wide.
 
“600 grand?!?” Rex gasped, his mouth hanging open.
 
“Per person?!?” Mako said, in a similar position to Rex.
 
Weevil was the only one whose mouth wasn't hanging open.
 
“So, even if I lose, if the majority of wins is ours, we still get 600k each?” He asked.
 
“I guess…” Yugi said, thinking.
 
“Hehehe…”
 
“So, you're joining?” Yugi asked, already guessing what his answer was.
 
“Heck yeah!!” Rex half-shouted.
 
“All right!” Mako agreed.
 
“I'll come…”Weevil said.
 
“So, four down, four to go…” Yugi said, counting off on his fingers.
 
“We'll come back when they say the date is.” Rex said, handing Yugi a piece of paper with a handwritten number on it. He then made a `call me' sign with his hand and the three left the store.
 
“I've got some calls to make.” Yugi said to himself, heading towards the telephone.
 
=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=
 
*Wheeler residence*
 
Joey, Serenity and Mai were all at Joey's house after a long day of shopping. (Joey was carrying the girls' luggage. Ouch!)
 
“Hey Ren…” Joey wheezed. “When ya say ya gonna go shoppin'…remind me not ta go wit ya…”
 
“Sorry, Joey.” Serenity apologized for the umpteenth time.
 
“Oh, leave him alone. He needs to rest.” Mai said, leading Serenity away from her now panting brother. Just then the phone rang.
 
Serenity answered it. “Hello?”
 
“Seren, it's Yugi. Where's Joey?”
 
“Oh…” Serenity glanced over to Joey. “He's kinda tired right now. Why do you what to talk to him?”
 
“Well, I got a weird invitation to a team tournament. I wanted to see if Joey wanted to come. You can to, Serenity. The invitation said I can take anyone I want.”
 
“Wow, really?”
 
“Who's that?” Mai asked.
 
“Was that Mai??”
 
Mai took the phone from Serenity. “Yugi, is that you?”
 
“Hi there, Mai. Listen, do you want to come with me to a team tournament?”
 
“It depends…what's the prize?”
 
“It's 600 thousand per person if our team wins…”
 
“It's a done deal! Just call me when we're leaving.” She hung up.
 
Joey managed to lift his head and ask: “Who was that?”
 
“That was Yugi. He invited us to come with him to a team tournament.” Mai said.
 
“He said that they're letting him bring anyone, so I can come!” Serenity added.
 
“That's great!” Joey said, and passed out on the couch.
 
Mai sighed. “Boys…”
 
^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^
 
*Kaiba mansion*
 
*Ring…Ring…Ring…*
 
Kaiba: Mokuba, could you get the phone?
 
Mokuba: Hai! *Picks up phone*
 
“Hello.”
 
“Mokuba, It's me, Yugi.”
 
“Why are you calling?”
 
“I just wanted to see if Kaiba can come with me to Tokyo for a team tournament.”
 
“Can I come?”
 
“Yeah, I can bring anyone with me. Just need 8 teammates.”
 
“I'll ask.” *Places receiver down*
 
Mokuba: *Shouts* Hey, Do you want to go to Tokyo??
 
Kaiba: *Gets out of office* What?
 
Mokuba: Yugi just called. Says he was asking if you want to accompany him to a team tournament in Tokyo.
 
Kaiba: Why would I want to accompany Yugi?
 
Mokuba: Because, I can come with you!!
 
Kaiba: No.
 
Mokuba: *Puppy eyes* Please???
 
Kaiba: No.
 
Mokuba: Oh, please!!! I've never seen a tournament as a spectator before.
 
Kaiba: But what about—
 
Mokuba: I was a hostage.
 
Kaiba: And what—
 
Mokuba: I was an official.
 
Kaiba: Oh fine.
 
Mokuba: YAY! *Picks up phone* He says he'll do it!!!
 
“Ok thanks!” *hangs up*
 
@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#
 
*Ryou's house*
 
*Ring…ring…ring…ring…*
 
Ryou: *picks up* Yes?
 
“Hi Ryou, it's me Yugi. I was wondering if you'd like to come with me to a tournament.”
 
Bakura: *materializes* <Who's that?>
 
Ryou: :>Yugi. He's inviting us to a tournament.<:
 
Bakura: <Really now, why does the almighty Pharaoh require our assistance?>
 
Ryou: :>don't know. I'll ask.<: “Why do you need us?”
 
“Because it's a team tournament, and I'm short of teammates.”
 
Ryou: :>What do you think?<:
 
Bakura: <What's the prize??>
 
Ryou: “What's the prize, Yugi?”
 
“It's 600,000 dollars per teammate.”
 
Bakura: <Do it! Do it!!>
 
Ryou: “All right.”
 
“Thanks, Ryou. See you!” *Hangs up*
 
&%&%&%&%&%&%&%&%&%&%& %&%&%&%&%&%&%&%&%&%&%&%&%&a mp;%&%&%&%&%&
 
*Skip to the day of the flight*
 
*Domino Airport*
 
Yugi glanced around the airport, looking all over for his friends. “Where are they?!?!” he said angrily.
 
“Calm down Yugi.” Grandpa coaxed. Just then, Joey came with Serenity and Mai right behind him.
 
“Hey Yuge, are we late?” Joey asked.
 
“No. In fact, you're the first ones here.” Yugi replied, scanning the rather busy lobby.
 
“Just wonderin', who else did ya ask ta come?”
 
“Umm…well, I needed 7 teammates, and two are already here…”
 
“And…?”
 
“And…umm… I also invited Ryou to come.”
 
“Dat makes 4 includin' you. Who else?”
 
“Umm…I also got Rex and co. to come…”
 
Joey started to say something, changed his mind and asked:
 
“Ya mean, Rex, Weevil & Mako?”
 
“Yeah, are you okay with that??”
 
“Just as long as dey stay way away from me.” He counted off on his fingers. “So, me, you, Ryou, Mai, and the 3… dat makes 7. Who's da last one??”
 
“Right behind you.” A voice said curtly.
 
Joey turned around, only to stare at his arch rival.
 
He rounded on Yugi. “You got Kaiba to come?!?!” He said, shocked.
 
Yugi sweat dropped. “Hehehe…”
 
“I suppose he needed all the help he could get.” Kaiba scoffed.
 
“Now listen `ere. Moneybags!” Joey was about to pounce, but Yugi stepped in between him.
 
“Please stop fighting, we're supposed to be a team here!” Yugi pleaded.
 
“Yea.” Came a voice. The three turned around. It was Rex and co.
 
“We let go of our grudge. Can't you let go of yours?” Rex asked.
 
“NO!!” Both rivals yelled at the same time.
 
“Can't say we didn't try…” Mako said, shrugging.
 
“Oh don't mind them, they're just friends.” Said Tea, coming up from behind the three with Tristan and Duke in tow.
 
“Umm, Tea…in case you haven't noticed, we're NOT friends!” Joey said angrily.
 
“Well, if you aren't friends, how come you care what the other says about you?” (Got this from Shaman king. Don't own!!!)
 
The two just looked away from each other and didn't say anything.
 
“Now that we're all here, how about we find the plane?” Yugi suggested.
 
“Good idea! Now, everyone come with me…” Grandpa instructed, heading off to the airplane hangar.\
 
********************************
 
The plane awaiting them was in the hangar. Everyone (yes, including Kaiba) was shocked.
 
“A Concorde?!?” Kaiba gasped.
 
“So, it's just a big plane. What's got you surprised nii-sama??” Mokuba asked, seeing the look of utter disbelief on his brother's face.
 
Ryou spoke up. “Well, a Concorde is a very special type of airliner. They only have it in Britain.” He said matter-of-factly.
 
“Wha makes it so special?!” Joey asked, confused.
 
Kaiba broke out of his stupor. “The Concorde is the only airliner that can break the sound barrier. Most countries banned it from their airports because it creates a sonic boom when landing.” He explained.
 
Everyone gaped at it. “Uhh…are you even sure that this is our plane??” Rex asked.
 
Yugi nodded and pointed to the tail wing. On it was the same comet-shape on his letter. But this one was in the center of a purple star.
 
“Shall we board?” Joey said, already running towards the stairwell.
 
Everyone shrugged and followed him.
 
`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`
 
The inside was just as stupendous as the outside. It had red velvet seats on the sides with a gold colored walkway. Inside was the pilot waiting to greet them. He was a rather handsome man somewhere in his late 30's with grey-streaked black wavy hair.
 
He bowed and introduced himself. “Greetings. I am Shutaro, the pilot of this Concorde. We'll be taking off at exactly 10:30, so feel free to explore the plane for the time being. If there are any questions, feel free to ask.”
 
Joey raised his hand. “Is der any food here?”
 
“Yes, there is a buffet waiting for you at the rear of the plane.” Shutaro replied, gesturing towards the door behind them.
 
“Who exactly owns this plane??” Tea inquired.
 
“That would be Ms. Edachi and her brother. They specifically requested that I use this plane to give their guests the most luxurious experience they could muster.”
 
“Well they certainly know how to treat their friends!!” Tea mused, taking a seat. “Wow, these even have vibrate option!!” She exclaimed, seeing the buttons on the arm rest.
 
“I will be in the cockpit making last minute preparations.” Shutaro said. He bowed and left.
 
“Wow! Whoever these people are, they're living it large!!” Tristan exclaimed, coming back from the buffet room with a large plate full of almost every food from the 4 food groups.
 
“Yeah, they even have a TV screen at the back of the chair!” Rex called out, immediately flipping on the TV.
 
Nii-sama, there's even a computer here!!” Mokuba said, tugging at his brother's trench coat and dragging him over to a seat somewhere in front.
 
Yugi sat down next to Ryou, who was still taking in the beauty of the planes' interior.
 
“Is Bakura trying to find out how to steal this plane?” Yugi whispered.
 
“Yeah, but I think he's having second thoughts since he doesn't know how to fly one.” Ryou said, stifling a laugh.
 
_____________________________
 
(I'm getting tired, so I'm going to skip the flight.)
_____________________________
 
The Concorde touched down on a private runway in Tokyo. As they got off the plane, they were greeted by a kid no older than Mokuba. He had a purple cap that was on backwards, his dirty blonde hair just peeking out from under it. He had orange tinted sunglasses and was wearing a red T-shirt with Blue denim shorts with light blue rubber shoes. When they all got down, he removed the sunglasses, revealing large amethyst eyes.
 
“Hi!” He greeted cheerfully, waving energetically at them. “Are you the guests from Domino?”
 
“Yeah, we are. Who are you?” Yugi asked, wondering what a kid was doing here.
 
“I'm Evan. I'm the one who's going to take you to the place you're gonna stay while the contest is underway.”
 
“Okay, dis is weird. I mean, who sends a kid out `ere to pick us up??” Joey thought out loud.
 
“For your information, I'm a member of the Grand Dueling Council!! Say sorry or I'm sending you the bill for the 13 T-bone steaks you ate during the flight.” Evan protested.
 
“Well, if you're a member of the council, prove it!!” Joey said, poking Evan on the forehead.
 
Evan turned his hat so that the visor was covering his eyes. On the cap was the same logo that was on the Concorde.
 
“You're talking to Evan Rifle, the Dragon Prince. So back off or I'm gonna beat you into the next decade!!!
 
“Yeah right, don't make me laugh.” Joey said jokingly, pulling the hat over Evan's eyes.
 
“Gggggrrrrrr…” Evan growled.
 
“Hmph. This kid reminds me of Joey.” Kaiba said, smirking.
 
“What's going on here?” A voice said.
 
“Jake, I'm over here!!! Now you're gonna get it, dog!!” Evan said, an accusing finger pointing at Joey.
 
“Great, now he's calling me a dog too??” Joey said, throwing his arms up.
 
Jake was a boy that looked like he was better off at a rock show. He had purple hair that spiked up three times and the spikes were further divided into two halfway. All of the spikes curved downwards so that the 3rd spike slightly covered his left eye, which was the same color as his right eye, sapphire blue. He had a green jacket with pockets and chains on the denim cargo pants with blue rubber shoes. He also had a small crystal on a thin thread around his neck.
 
He introduced himself. “Hello. I'm Jake Rifle, the leader of the Grand Dueling Council. I see you're already met my brother…” He gestured to Evan, who was blowing a raspberry at Joey. “…If you'll come with me…” He turned around. Everyone followed.
 
****************@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^
 
Phew! That was a workout!! Anyway, I'll update as soon as I get my turn at the computer. C'ya, hope you review!!!!