Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Team YGO vs. Team Animasters ❯ DP's story ( Chapter 8 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: Yo, dis is ma anime, ya'll hear me?? YGO is Kazuki Takahashi's so screw ya'll lawyers afta ma tail!!!!!
 
I've got no idea why I used slang there. But I was listening to black-eyed peas so maybe that's it. Either that or I'm hanging out with Joey too much…
 
Ere's ma fic, I'm ova n' out!!!
 
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
 
“Where do you want me to start my story?” DP asked the YGO cast.
 
“You can start with the creation of the Shadow Realm.” Yami suggested bravely.
 
“Alright, but I must warn you: The information you're going to hear is crazy and impossible to believe but completely true.” DP replied, taking a deep breath.
 
“It all began back home during my rise to the throne at age 20—”
 
“Wait, how old are you?” Bakura asked. “Minus 5000 years.” He added hastily.
 
“32.” DP replied curtly.
 
“Ahh I see…”
 
“Anyway, I was married to a beautiful woman at that time. Egypt was the envy of the world…until a crime wave struck.”
 
“Was it led by a white haired thief-king??” Yami asked mockingly as Bakura glared at him.
 
“No, he wasn't even born at that time.”
 
Bakura blew a raspberry at Yami.
 
“It was chaos. Murders, rapes, massacres, and robberies everywhere you look! My empire was crumbling, at its fate was in my hands—”
 
“What did ya do?” Joey asked eagerly.
 
“Since I was—and still am— an accomplished sorcerer, I used my powers to ask for Osiris' blessing.”
 
There was a pause as DP took a breath.
 
“So, with his blessing and my powers, I created a domain where the dead soul's Ka's can roam free until called for my bidding.”
 
“The Shadow Realm…” Yami and Bakura said in unison.
 
“Correct. The Ka's task was to rid all evil from this earth. And the war began and waged for 10 years…until peace came to my country.”
 
Another breath.
 
“But, the peace lasted only for two years. My wife and twin sons, both two years old then, heard rumors that there were deaths caused by out of control Ka's. I decided to investigate and I found a startling result.”
 
“What??” Everyone asked on bated breath. (Except the Animasters, coz they already know this story, and Kaiba who was just listening.)
 
“The Ka's were tasked to kill anything that possessed evil. Anything. What I didn't realize was they misunderstood the order and that they killed anything that had the slightest evil intention, which meant the entire human race. And the massacre of the innocents began…”
 
The YGO cast was hanging on to the late Pharaoh's words like a lifeline. Even Kaiba was slightly interested, keeping silent for the time being. (Coz he usually insults anything hocus-pocus related.)
 
“I soon discovered a ritual to seal away all portals between that world and this. But the drawback was: for it to be completely effective, it must be done on a full moon. I waited patiently for that time, but my subjects thought I was ignoring the chaos in my country.”
 
“So??” Tea asked, so intrigued in this story she was inching so close to DP she was in danger of falling off the chair she was sitting on.
 
“I asked my family to flee. And in good time too, because the subjects who doubted me struck a mere hour after I told them to hide. They ambushed me, tied me down and performed the ritual.”
 
DP flinched as he said this part. “What did they do?” Duke asked, almost afraid to hear the answer.
 
DP took another deep breath and continued.
 
“The ritual required a sacrifice. And I was it. They mummified me…alive.” There was a maniacal gleam in his bicolored eyes as he said these words.
 
There was a collective gasp from those listening and the two teen spirits shuddered.
 
“They succeeded in sealing the Realm off, but since it was 3 weeks from the full moon, the seal wore off eventually. Causing another to perform the ritual that took my life…” DP glanced at Yami, and everybody understood.
 
“But this tale isn't over. My best friend, watching everything the traitor's did, waited till they were gone and, since he too was an accomplished mage, sealed me, body and soul, into the crystal. He then gave the crystal to his wife, my sister, and vowed to give the crystal to his son, my nephew. My wife on the other hand, ruled over Egypt until one of our sons was old enough for the right to the crown.”
 
“Who was your successor?” Yugi asked.
 
“You should know that.” DP scolded. “You above all…Yami and Seto.” DP glanced at the two said people.
 
“Why are you dragging me into all this?!?!” Seto asked DP angrily, causing some people to jump. Apparently, he had been so silent that they forgot he was there.
 
“Yami, do you remember your father and your other relatives??” DP asked calmly, ignoring Seto's outburst.
 
“Yes, but barely. My father was Akunamukanon (sp?), my uncle was Akunadin and his son, my cousin was his ancestor, Seth.” Yami said, glaring at Seto, who merely scoffed.
 
“Well, you know your family tree.” DP joked. “Well, what nobody knew was those two; your father and uncle…were my sons, making me your grandfather.”
 
********************************************((((((((((((((((((((( (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((
 
I'll be waiting for those reviews…this cliffhanger will remain until you give me blo—I mean reviews!!!