Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Team YGO vs. Team Animasters ❯ The Warning from the Shadows ( Chapter 19 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I only own my own stuff ok?
 
Anyway, I'm sorry for the long wait, but my life is going topsy-turvy with the inter-year Olympics over here. I try to make things good but I feel so tired right now. I'll try with all my might and power to bring you a good fic! Wish me luck…
 
((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))))))
 
Team YGO
 
Bakura: (LP: 7550) `Gravekeeper's Servant' activated on the field.
 
Mako: (LP: 4750) no cards on field.
 
Team Animasters: (both have perfect LP)
 
Jett: Blazing Impatchi (2350/300), Darkfire Soldier#1 (2400/1250) equipped with `Burning Spear' and Little Chimera (1100, 850) all in attack position.
 
Erik: Aqua Madoor (1000/2500) in defense position, Giga Gagagigo (2650/1800) in attack position, and `A legendary Ocean' field Magic card activated.
 
&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&
 
Erik: Bakura…I believe it's your turn.
 
Bakura: Whatever. *Draws and grins at the newly drawn card* I special summon The Fiend Megacyber! (2200/1200)
 
Erik: How's that possible!?
 
Bakura: If my opponent has more than 2 monsters on the field, then this monster can even the score.
Megacyber, attack the Chimera!
 
Jett: *sees Chimera destroyed* Crud.
 
(B. Impatchi & Darkfire soldier lose 500 attack points and Erik's monsters gain 400 attack points)
 
Erik: *draws card, then looks at Jett apologetically* Sorry old friend, I summon Star Boy! Activate Element Monster effect!
 
(This time, all of Erik's monsters gain 500 attack points and Jett's monsters lose 400 attack points)
 
Mako: I've got to get that card!
 
Erik: In addition, I activate `Axe of Despair' and equip it to Star Boy!
 
(Star Boy's attack: 2250)
 
Erik: Star boy, attack Megacyber! *Top card of Erik's deck is discarded*
 
Bakura: (LP: 7500) Hehe…big mistake…
 
Erik: I set a reverse card and end my turn.
 
Mako: *draws* I activate `Fortress Whale's Oath'! *Fortress whale (2350/2150) appears on the field*
Power up with Star Boy's effect and the magic of `A legendary Ocean'! (3050/1750) Attack Giga Gagagigo! (2750/1800)
 
*With Team Animasters*
 
Jake suddenly stood up and walked towards the door when Evan grabbed his hand and asked what was wrong.
 
“It's nothing Ev; I just got a call from the Kalahari Peace Force. They've got a hit.” He said reassuringly. Evan smiled in reply and continued to watch the duel.
 
Out in the hall, Jake sharply turned to the surveillance room. Once inside, he was greeted by a member of the said Peace Force, this time a girl with shoulder-length pink hair.
 
“King Jake, our hit on the dagger mark turned up nothing, but we did find out something else.” She said. Nani-ore? (What is it?)” He asked impatiently.
 
“The culprit left a message when he struck at the Paladin Statue. He left a note that said, `the time of reckoning is nigh, by the full moon in 3 days,I will be so powerful,not even the modern Pharaoh can stop me!'We also found a victim nearby the pedestal. It was one of the security guards that were stationed outside the rec. hall. She reported in haste.
 
Jake held his head in his hand. “One, don't talk so fast. Two, what about that guy?” He asked.
 
The girl took a deep breath and reported slowly. “The guard was mumbling nonstop and won't respond to our questions. All we could make out was `I don't want to go back there again…so cold…so dark…please…don't make me go back…
 
“It sounds like he was tortured…” Jake mused solemnly. The girl shook her head and continued. “That's the strange part; there wasn't a single bruise on him. He just had a glassy, hollow look in his eyes when we found him, and when he came to his senses, started babbling about some place with `infinite darkness'.”
 
“Infinite darkness…?” Jake repeated. The girl nodded in reply. “Miyu, can you at least get him to explain the `place with infinite darkness'?” Jake asked.
 
Miyu nodded affirmatively. “I'll try, King Jake. Over and out.”
 
“Over and out, Miyu.” Jake replied as the screen went blank. Jake turned around and asked aloud. “Did you hear that, `Infinite darkness'? Think it's the Shadow Realm?”
 
Then Seto, Yugi and Joey emerged from their hiding places outside the door. “There's no mistake.” Yugi said, fingering his Puzzle unconsciously. “I think it's Marik behind this…” He added with a frightened squeak.
 
“There's no mistaking that place. The way that guard pleaded, it makes me remember what it looked like.” Seto added, shivering unconsciously.
 
“It looks like we'll have to speed up the investigation.” Jake mused, a sudden serious look in his eyes. “We could go right now…” He glanced at them quizzically. “We're goin'. No doubt `bout it!” Joey declared proudly, Seto and Yugi nodding in agreement.
 
Jake then reached for a nearly invisible metal cabinet next to the computers. He opened it and inside…
 
“WTF?!?! Jake, dose things are illegal!!!!” Joey exclaimed.
 
“What are you going to do with those?!?!” Yugi asked with fear and suspicion present in his voice.
 
“These look…familiar…” Seto mused, reaching for one.
 
“FAMILIAR!?!?” The former two exclaimed.
 
Inside the cabinet were enough guns to supply an army for World War III. Every shape and size was present, from tiny revolvers to massive laser cannons.
 
“This is my entire father's entire collection. All of them remodeled and rewired so not to accidentally kill anyone.” Jake said curtly.
 
Then, it dawned on the other blue-eyed teen. “I designed this!” Seto exclaimed, almost dropping the laser gun he reached for.
 
“Oh, so you remember Death-T?” Jake asked calmly, as if he was reminding everyone of a fun picnic that happened years ago. [1]
 
“Of course I do!” Seto replied defiantly, casting a knowing glare at Yugi, who took a step back.
 
“Anyway, my father was, if you remember in History class, a hero during World War II; Jeffery `Eagle Eyes' Rifle, the master marksman.”
 
“I remember that name!” Yugi exclaimed, pointing a finger in the air, almost poking Joey in the eye. “He was the first minor to be accepted in the Japanese Armed Forces!”
 
“Right on his 18th birthday.” Jake added matter-of-factly, nodding at the memory. “Not only that, but my grandfather too: Joseph `One-Hit' Rifle, another hero in W.W. 1.”
 
“Wow, whatta legacy!” Joey said in awe, gawking at a metallic silver semi-machine gun. “I know, but since there's no W.W. III yet, I'm taking my time being the world FPS game champ.” Jake said, shrugging.
 
“FPS, what's that?” Yugi asked curiously. Before Seto could even open his mouth, Joey (O.O wow!) spoke up.
 
“FPS means First-person-shooting games; y'know, Time Crisis, Silent Scope, Counter-strike, that kinda stuff. It's a title Tristan's had his eyes on since ever.” He said smugly, with Seto glaring at him.
 
“And tell Yami: `Don't even thinkaboutit.' That is MY branch of gaming and even he can't take that away from me!” Jake half-threatened Yugi.
 
Just then, an astral (a.k.a. translucent) form of Yami appeared. He pouted and said hotly, “I won't take your title unless you give me a reason to!”
 
“Alright. Anyway, I hate blood. I'm kinda squeamish, to confess stuff. So I rewired, reprogrammed, and rebuilt all these guns to release a special bullet-shaped dart that releases a knock out gas so powerful it can knock out an Ultimate.”
 
“Y'know, if I didn' know any better, I'd say I was listenin' ta Kaiba.” Joey remarked. Seto face faulted, Jake sweat-dropped, while Yugi and Yami were gawking at the two sapphire-eyed teens.
 
Tonikaku, we'll have to—” Just then, Drake half-ran, half-screeched into the room. “Jake, we've got a major problem!!” He shouted.
 
Nani-o?(What?)” Jake inquired, the other 3 (or 4, counting Yami) room occupants just observing. “I sense something terrible coming!” Drake warned darkly. Yami nodded solemnly in agreement. “I do too…just this moment…”
 
Suddenly, the room turned cold and the light from the hall dimmed. “Yuge, dis is getting' creepy!” Joey whimpered, grabbing the said teen by the waist in what could only be described as a `glomp'.
 
“Joey…can't…breathe…” Yugi choked out. Joey let go of him as Seto remarked, “And you wonder why I call you a mutt…”
 
Joey was about to retaliate when suddenly, they heard a voice chanting in an archaic language.
 
“Does anyone hear that?” Yugi asked, unconsciously latching onto the Puzzle like a lifeline.
 
“Yup, and I can't understand a word of it…all just mumbling to me…” Jake muttered, his eyes shifting left and right for the source.
 
Seto was just staring off into the distance. Where they hear mumbling, he heard someone…in a deep, tenor voice that he heard in his dream before.
 
Please…relay my message…I need to warn you…he's getting ever so close to succeeding…if you don't do something soon…you'll all be in danger!!
 
Seto gulped unconsciously. “Did anyone hear that?” He heard Joey ask. “Hear what?” Jake replied distractedly.
 
“That weird voice talking gibberish…” Joey said again.
 
“I heard a warning.” Yami said, scanning the area with a swift, regal stare.
 
“I did as well…” Drake agreed, his dark hair flopping over his face as he quickly glanced left and right.
 
Yugi glanced at Seto, who was oblivious to the other teens' fear. “What's wrong, Kaiba?” He asked concernedly. Said teen turned to look at him, his sapphire eyes less chiseled than expected.
 
“It's…nothing…” He breathed. For some reason, he felt a bad migraine coming on again. Jake and Drake looked over to him curiously. #I swear to you that Seto heard the warning.# Drake thought to Jake, who nodded in reply. [Yugi told me what happened at Battle City…so this is how it is…] Jake mused.
 
Back to Seto, who was staring into nothing, was actually trying to compute what just happened. What the h*** was that?!? He thought in horror. Just like during Battle City…that language…the one printed on the Winged Dragon of Ra…could it be…?
 
Then, a thought from the old, arrogant Seto rang through his confused mind. Impossible, there's no such thing as Destiny, Fate or anything of the sort!
 
The new, optimistic Seto replied with a tint of doubt. But, what about the duel with Ishizu?Surely that wasn't a technical glitch…[2]
 
The two sides of him were raging bloody war with each other, leaving the real Seto lost in thought.
 
Jake moved in front of him and waved his hand energetically in front of his face. “Helloooo, Jake to Seto Kaiba!!!” He called.
 
Seto shook his head and looked around. The darkness was gone, and they were inside the surveillance room.
 
“Let's go, we need to find out the match.” Jake said and walked out of the room, everyone following with Seto at the rear end.
 
*Back at the Duel Arena*
 
Ryou was rejoicing while Mako was sulking. Yugi and Joey ran over and asked why.
 
“It was a draw. Ryou took out Erik while Jett clobbered Mako.” Tea reported.
 
“So…it's a draw…so that means that we each pick one game, and then coin flip for the last one.” Sonja announced.
 
Jake coughed loudly and told everyone about the incident on the surveillance room.
 
“So it's Marik behind this…” Serenity said, horror crossing her face. Joey held her shoulder protectively. “ Don' worry, sis. I won't let'em near ya.” He assured.
 
“We'll start the investigation at night. So no one will get suspicious. Until then, let's start the contest!” Tea said cheerfully.
 
Everyone nodded and proceeded to the Game room. Team YGO picked the first game, which left Kotako gasping for breath when Tea picked `Paranoia 360' on the DDR 3rd remix. After Tea won them a game, Jett earned the Animasters a victory by smashing Joey away at Tekken Tag Tournament. When everyone came to the coin flip, which ended in Team YGO calling the game, Tristan called out proudly, “Time Crisis 3!”
 
Yugi and Joey exchanged shocked looks. They had neglected to warn Tristan about Jake's sharp shooting legacy. They dragged Tristan to tell him, but he brushed them off before they could get to the critical part.
 
Tristan took the red side of the console while Jake met him on the right. “You sure have a lot of guts suggesting TC3.” Jake said calmly, observing Tristan's courage.
 
“Why's that?” The cone-headed brunet asked.
 
Then Joey answered for Jake. “If ya listened ta me, you'd know that Jake's da son AND grandson of da most respected Japanese gunmen in the Japanese Armed Forces!! Not ta mention da title holder of `FPSG World Champion'!” He scolded angrily, shaking his fist at his `supposed' friend.
 
Tristan's face paled in color. “No wonder the TC3 at Domino Arcade had the #1 score under the name of `JSR' instead of `Kai'…” He realized. Jake smiled and said, “Don't worry, I'll try to go easy on you…” [3]
 
The game ended considerably late, with Jake's score smoking Tristan's by a whopping 700,000 points. Tristan, took in all in stride…for about 5 seconds, before collapsing onto his hands and knees in front of Jake. “Onegai, Jake! Please tell me your techniques at the gun! Onegai, Sensei!” He pleaded.
 
Jake, taken aback, said simply. “I don't have any secret. It's in the blood.”
 
Then, the clock in the room proclaimed the time to be 8:00. “After we eat, we'll get to investigating.” Jake commanded, and everyone understood.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
[1] Taken from the Manga: during Death-T 1, Yugi and co. had to fight real mercenaries with electric laser-firing guns. That's what I mean.
 
[2]I couldn't resist the little `Angel-Devil' cartoon conversation thing. If you don't like it cartoon-y, imagine the `old' Seto wearing a red trench while the `new' Seto with a white trench holding the M. Rod. XP
 
[3]As I've read in the manga, Seto beat all the scores in the arcade and the name he used was the 1st 3 letters of his name (Kaiba). So, it's obvious what JSR means, Jacob (Jake is just a nickname) `Sniper' Rifle.
 
WOW! That long!!! Funny, it's supposed to shorter than this. But as an apology to you all, I squished 3 chapters into one big one so you won't neglect me. Anyway, c'ya next chapter!!!