Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Aesthetic of The Scream ❯ The Aesthetic of The Scream ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Yu-Gi-Oh and its characters are not mine…
 
A/N: First and foremost, I would like you all to know that this fanfic is on Bakura's point of view about his life and of The Scream. Please be reminded that this is my first time writing so please do not break my heart.
 
Bakura's Point of View:
 
 
 
The Aesthetic of the Scream
 
Morning rises, the sound of my alarm clock had greeted me to wake. Looking at the sun shining on my open window its radiance and beauty, I stood up heading towards the bathroom. As I slowly finished dressing up, I look into the mirror and had made a great realization that I was in extreme misery…that the only thing that had kept me from boredom was the beating of my other side.
 
As I walked off for school, I met up with Yugi and the others. I greeted them with a smile that had only been displayed to make a statement that I am fine. The same thing awaits for me which was going to school and heading back home, but I had not known that this day would be different in some sense.
 
In history class, we had discussed about the foreign artworks. This topic of foreign artworks led to the ever famous “The Scream” by Edvard Munch. As the teacher discussed about this artwork, Tea had asked why Edvard Munch made such a distressing painting.
 
Ah… Tea such an innocent mind I wonder what kind of psychological disorder had caused her to keep on talking about friendship. Anyway, the teacher told us that this picture that Edvard Munch had done was an art of expressionism.
 
Our teacher told us that this painting relates to the questions of the meaning of life… that this expresses an emotion of pure sadness and loneliness. This topic had only justified my conclusion, that I am a slave of my own misery.
 
Class had ended; I made my way back home not noticing the friendly fight that Joey and Tristan were making. As I arrived home I yelled “I'm home”, and then I finally realized that I was living alone every since. I went up to my room putting my bag to its proper place, and then I made my way to my bathroom.
 
I took a bath to relieve my mind of my thoughts of misery. As the water slowly caressed my body, I saw the scars that I had inflicted to myself. The though again came, the thoughts of despair were filling my mind.
 
 
 
You are alone…
 
Lonely….
 
Afraid….
 
Afraid of the truth that you are miserable…
 
The voice of my other self kept on filling me with those words. I could not stop it… I felt vulnerable…. And in fact I felt alone….
 
 
 
“Stop it!!” I screamed as my hand held my head.
 
“Stop it!!!” I repeated.
 
As the echoes of the second scream ended, the room was filled with silence. I dried myself and made it towards the mirror. I looked into it and found myself in a very depressing state. My other self was right, I was miserable.
 
I made my way to the kitchen; there the thoughts of The Scream filled my head again. The Scream was an excellent art but as I think of it more, thoughts of anguish only fill my head. These thoughts were of the anguish that I had felt and experience from both my Yami and me. Then after thoroughly picking up details from today's discussion, I had made a conclusion that pain is normal and that pain is nothing but a test.
 
I looked at my arms, and then I saw scars from the previous cuts that I have made. To cut myself again at this moment would prove that pain will only make a person strong. So I did, I reached towards a knife. I slowly run it over my skin making my skin a little scratch.
 
 
 
Do it!
 
My other self spoke to me with such an eager voice.
 
Do it!
 
He said again…
 
 
 
Yes, I did do it again but not to because I wanted to follow him but because I felt emotional pain. To bring another greater pain would take my mind of my loneliness for a while.
 
I cut myself deep but not enough to kill me. The cut although not lethal had brought pain to me. This cut, made my eyes tear from pain. From this cut I had made a realization that I really was miserable.