Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Ghost of You and Me ❯ The Ghost of You and Me ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Ghost of You and Me

~What am I suppose to do

with all these blues

haunting me everywhere~

Everywhere Kaiba turned, he kept having memories of HIM. Granted, it had only been two weeks, but since Yami had broken up with him, it was all the CEO could do to keep his mind off the former Pharaoh. The radio was still set on Yami's favorite station, there were cans of Mountain Dew still tucked away in the refrigerator, and some shirts of Yami's that all left harsh reminders of what use to be.

~Watching the candle flicker out

in the evening glow

I can't let go~

Sitting alone at the huge oak table, Kaiba stared into the dancing flame of a violet candle. The candle was the same color as HIS eyes. The blank stare on Kaiba's face didn't convey any of the scene playing before his eyes.

*The table was set for two. There was a fondue pot in the middle flanked by violet candles. The same as what Kaiba was staring into at the present time. Inside the pot was sweet melted chocolate. Surrounding the pot was various fruits waiting to be dipped in the sauce.

Just then, Kaiba's butler came in leading Yami. "Sir, is that all?"

"Yes. Take the night off. Don't come around till morning."

The butler left, and Kaiba motioned for Yami to sit. Taking the seat next to the Pharaoh, Kaiba picked up his fork and speared a raspberry. Carefully dipping it in chocolate, he fed it to Yami.

"Mmm...sweet" murmured Yami.

Noticing that Yami had a bit of chocolate on his lower lip, Kaiba leaned in and slowly kissed it off.*

"It's true. I can't forget about him…"Unable to keep the loneliness inside any longer, tears began to escape from cobalt blue eyes. Laying his head on his arms, Kaiba fell asleep at the table like so many nights before, waiting for the first rays of light to chase the nighttime memories away.

~I didn't mean to fall in love with you

And baby there's a name

For what you put me through

It isn't love, it's robbery

I'm sleeping with the ghost of you and me~

Sitting on one of his many porches, Kaiba was looking up at the stars. Remembering how Yami liked to watch the night sky for hours.
*Yami was sitting in the same place Kaiba was now. The CEO brought
out two glasses filled with a sweet red wine. Ho offered one to Yami
as they both stared up into the clear night sky.
"They're beautiful tonight." Observed the Pharaoh, "much like they
were in Egypt during my time."
"Look over there!" Kaiba pointed. There was a shooting star just
passing through Orion. "I haven't seen many of those lately."
Yami's gaze turned from the stars to the young man beside him. "You
really do have a soft side," he said in amazement.
Kaiba just stared at the Egyptian. Then, Yami did something Kaiba was
unprepared for. He leaned over and kissed the CEO. Both felt the
electricity in the kiss.*
Ever since that night, the stars held a special significance for Kaiba. During the time he was with Yami, it seemed as if all the answers lay within the night sky. The stars would lead him to anywhere he needed to be. But now, they only brought Kaiba a sweet pain.

~I didn't mean to fall in love with you And baby there's a name for what you put me through It isn't love, it's robbery I'm sleeping with the ghost of you and me

The ghost of you and me When will it set me free I hear the voices call Following footsteps down the hall Trying to save what's left Of my heart and soul~

Walking from his limo to the door, Kaiba knew what awaited him. It had been happening a lot since the break up. He'd come home, walk in the door, and he could hear HIM. It seemed his voice could be heard when it was silent. There were times Kaiba thought of having a mental check-up, but was too embarrassed to go.
"When is this going to stop tormenting me?" he thought? "I need to move on. Find someone new."
Even that thought seemed to make Kaiba sad. He only wanted the Pharaoh that continually found ways to haunt him. Going to his workroom, he sat down to write some codes, but never got that far. He brought up his email client and sent off one quick email.

~Watching the candle flicker out In the evening glow I can't let go When will the night be over~

The individual who Kaiba sent the email to had arrived earlier that evening. They'd shared a wonderful supper, made by Kaiba himself, complete with candles and wine. Now, they were currently sitting by the edge of Kaiba's pool, looking up at the night sky, just watching. When the air grew cool, the pair went inside to warm up

~I didn't mean to fall in love with you And baby there's a name for what you put me through It isn't love it's robbery I'm sleeping with the ghost of you and me.~

As Kaiba leaned over to blow out the candle that was beside his bed, he looked at the sleeping form beside him.
"I know I've moved on. It still hurts at times, knowing what I've lost, but somehow, I think the stars have given me another chance at this. I still hear his voice and I still think I see him when I'm alone. But one day I'll let go of him completely." Kaiba thought to himself.
Looking down at his partner, Kaiba leaned in to kiss the drowsy
youth. Pulling away, he whispered, "I love you, Pup."