Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Heart of the Cards ❯ The Dream ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Meira: I did this chapter by myself... and I had writer's block when I was writing it...

I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh!, but I do own Selena.

For those of you who are confused, GLIB does NOT help me write my stories. She just helps me write the disclaimer and stuff.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Mom," Selena said. "We should get you to the hospital."

"Selena, it's okay," her mom answered. But she started coughing - again.

Selena blinked back tears. She knew her mom was terribly sick. "Mom," Selena pleaded. "Please. You'll get even worse if we don't get to the hospital."

Her mom smiled. Selena thought that the smile looked terribly forced. "Selena, I don't need to go. Besides, we don't have the money. You know that."

Selena nodded. "Mom, I could get a job. You know, to pay for the hospital bill."

Her mom sighed. "Another job?" her mom asked, sounding half amused. "That'll be four jobs that you're juggling at once, huh?"

"Mom, please don't make any jokes right now," Selena pleaded. "I can handle it. I just want you to be okay. That's it!"

"Selena..."

"Yes, mom?"

"I want you to go to Domino," her mom said, her voice sounding suddenly serious.

"Why?"

"Go live with your cousin, Seto."

"You mean that rich, snobby head of Kaiba Corp.?" Selena asked, fury trembling in her voice.

"Yes." Her mom handed her a slip of paper. "Please."

"No… mom… please don't make me go."

"Selena… please."

"Why?"

Her mom sighed. "I need you to experience a normal life, one that you just can't live here. It's just not the right place to do that."

"So?"

"Selena… you know I only want what's best for you."

"I know mom… but what about you?"

"As long as you go, I'll be okay."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meira: Please Read and Review!!!! Yeesh… even after all that editing I still can't make it to two pages…