Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Heart of the Cards ❯ Polymerization ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Meira: Chapter 15 is finally up!

Yami: You just had to tell me that I was related to Kaiba.

Meira: Yup. Cuz today's Torture Yami Day!

Yami: Good… tomorrow's not…

Meira: Nope! Every day's Torture Yami Day!

GLIB: -.-`

Meira: My longest chapter yet!

Yami: MORE LONG CHAPTERS?

Meira: Yup.

GLIB: For once, you aren't arguing with each other.

Yami: And you aren't making out with Kaiba.

GLIB: -.-

Meira: Just say the disclaimer.

Yami: No way.

Meira: You just trying to piss me off?

Yami: Yup.

Meira: Fine… I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh! But I do own Selena.

GLIB and Kaiba: -.-

Meira: Er… I made a mistake.

Yami: What?

Meira: Yami doesn't find out that his name is Atem (not Atemu) until he goes back into Memory World, which hasn't happened yet in this story.

Yami: YOU MESSED UP?

Meira: Er… Yeah…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yami, Joey, Tristan, and Téa stared at Selena in disbelief.

"You're joking," Joey said. "Yami and Kaiba… related?

Selena nodded. "Yup. They were cousins."

Yami looked very tense. "That fool, Kaiba…"

"Hey!" Selena snapped. "I don't care if you were related to Seto in a past life, but I'm related to him now. And I don't want you to insult him!"

Yami scowled at her. "Maybe if you weren't so overprotective…"

The air around them was very tense. Selena and Yami were both fuming and glaring at each other. Joey, Tristan, and Téa looked very uncomfortable.

"I've got to, um, go home!" Joey said, jumping up.

"Me too!" Tristan and Téa both said, running out of the room.

Selena and Yami were left alone in the room, with both of them fuming.

"I'm leaving!" Selena snapped, storming out of the room.

"Fine!" Yami yelled.

***

[Meira: I'm talking about Yugi now!]

Yugi got up to clean the room. He shook his head. Sometimes it seemed like Selena and Kaiba were more alike than they actually though. Their tempers were uncannily similar. That was most certainly the same. Selena's ability to misjudge people was exactly like Kaiba's. But he felt that Yami had gone a little too far with insulting Selena.

He glanced around and saw Selena's deck laying on the table. She had left her cards here. Her mother's deck.

Yami chose that time to appear in his transparent form.

"Yugi," he said slowly. "Do you think I pissed Selena off too much?" Yugi nodded.

"I think you overdid it," Yugi replied. "She looked pretty pissed off at you." Yami sighed.

"She did give me a lot of information about my past and about the Millennium Items." Yami turned toward Yugi. "You know, Selena's a lot like Kaiba AND the both of us."

"What?" Yugi asked, surprised.

"I'm pretty sure that if someone fused Kaiba and the two of us together, they'd get her. With the exception that she's a girl…" Yami added, smiling.

Yugi threw him a look that clearly said, "If Selena heard you say that, she'd kill you AND your whole family."

Yugi picked up Selena's deck. "What's similar between her and us?" Yami smiled.

"She has a Dark Magician Girl, and she's nice like you, and she's most likely never cheat."

"What about her and Kaiba?"

"Their tempers are uncannily similar, and Blue eyes."

"I know they both have blue eyes."

Yami took control of Yugi's body, and Yugi appeared in the transparent form.

Yami flipped through Selena's deck. "She has a strong deck of Spellcasters and Magic Users. Weak against Machine Monsters, yes," Yami added. "But she has plenty of magic and trap cards to back her up."

Yugi nodded. Selena needed to put her heart in her cards. If she did, then it wouldn't be so difficult for her to win. But Selena was headstrong. But if Joey could put his heart in his cards, then maybe Selena could. But Joey wasn't like Selena. Selena was Kaiba's cousin.

***

[Meira: Okay, back to Selena]

Selena kicked a rock on the street. Stupid Yami. No wonder he didn't have a girlfriend when he was Pharaoh.

Selena reached for her deck. It wasn't there. Damnit. She must have left it at Yugi's house. Where Yami was. Why did she have to tell him about his past? Him and his stupid `Heart of the Cards.' What good was that going to do?" [Meira: When K-I-M and I were dueling, I was hoping for the Heart of the Cards to help me. And it worked! K-I-M: Once out of 12 tries. Meira: Um…]

Selena turned around and went back to the Kame Game Shop. She had to get her deck back, even if it meant facing Yami.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Meira: What do you guys think?

Yami: I wouldn't piss ANYBODY off that badly.

Meira: You piss me off that badly.

Yami: You don't count.

Meira: -.-

GLIB: o.O Please Read and Review!

Meira: Please note… if this story seems shorter, it's because I changed the font size to a smaller font size. The larger one was annoying me.