Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The ledgon of a forgotten past revieled ❯ stranded torn (kayla/yugi/yami) ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer I don't own Sailor Moon or Yugioh. I do own Kayla, but I don't own Jenna.

A/n: I've finally been inspired to write this. Yes, I know its been a few years, but when inspiration strikes. Since I'm so far along, I'm going to keep the names the way they are, and when I introduce the rest of the senshi, I'll be going with the English dubbed names in order to remain consistent with the story which I've started nearly four years ago.

Warning: Standard warning disclaimers apply, refer to story summary and or chapter one for full warning disclaimers. You have been warned.
 
 
Chapter 8
 
 
Sightless brown eyes flickered open to the feel of strong arms holding their owner firmly against them. She thought for several moments trying to remember what had just happened. Then it all came flooding back, the boat wreck, being tossed into the ice cold waters, the appearance of their new enemies, just everything. Then she remembered Yugi. It'd only been a day at best, since they'd found one another, and she thought for sure she felt the same way, she'd even called him love, but….now….she couldn't be sure of that.
She felt movement, but she wasn't the one moving. Was she being carried? yes that had to be it, But, by whom? It couldn't have yugi, so it must have been Yami, the spirit of the puzzle taking control of the boy in which he resided seeing as how he couldn't take on a solid form without doing so. Now the question remained, why did she feel so strange around him? “Kayla?” she could hear his deep rich voice entering her fogged brain, “Kayla Daijobou?”
“Hai, daijobu.” She could feel herself reply, hearing herself sound strange, like her voice hadn't been used in years.
::He's calling me Kayla, so I must have lost my transformation.:: she thought to herself attempting to sit up the moment she felt herself being lie down.
“You don't sound very well, so I suggest you don't move.” Yami replied his voice soft and soothing. She weekly nodded fighting the feelings that threatened to consume her. Why now did she have to feel this way? Did he feel the same way too? And, what of Yugi, she couldn't forget she'd told him she loved him. Why did she have to say that? If she hadn't then would things have become this complicated? “Kayla?” There he said her name again. Oh, why did he have to go and do that?
“Hai Daijobu…”
Yami laughed. “I said Aishitaru” he then leaned in to kiss her their lips connecting.
Kayla felt her head spinning as she felt his soft lips connect with hers. She closed her eyes, melting into the kiss, her mind screaming that she was making a big mistake, but still it felt so right. -why though? She declared her loved to Yugi -- promising him eternal love.- yet dispite it all, this felt so right, so perfect, almost as if—no… it couldn't be…not now. Not like this with everything at stake. However, her body seemed to have other plans. A moan escaped her lips causing them to part slightly, Yami's tongue slinking its way inside while he used his left hand to support her and his right snuck under her shirt lifting slightly under her bra massaging the nipple. She arched her back pushing her chest into the touch her body starting to become warm as her heart begun pounding.
“We can't do this and you know.” She forced herself to say when the broke for air.
“But, Yugi already knows…..and he seems ok with it. He knows how I feel and-
“I know, but….. I mean… I have to sort things out with Yugi. I can't live my life on some chance.” She then stood running as fast as her body would carry her not bothering to readjust her clothing.
Yami just stood frozen in place. He knew everything she said was true. He hated to see her like this, and it hurt him even more knowing he had caused it. ::baka baka…:: he repeated in his mind not bothering to block the thoughts form Yugi.
“No Yami….you're not….” Yugi returned the thought appearing like a ghost to sit beside him. “She's just confused; in fact I am as well. But, the past is the past…”
“What are you saying exactly?”
“I'm saying that I should talk to her. Straiten things out…I mean think of it.”
“You're right. Gomen nasi….Yugi.” with those words said, the two traded places and Yugi raced in the direction in which Kayla had run.
Kayla couldn't see straight, what remained of her vision, had been dashed by her tears which came streaking down her face. She had run in a random direction not really knowing, or caring where she ended up. The sound of conversation could clearly be heard now as people spoke with one another. Other sounds also begun filtering in around her, and she started to realize that she washed up on a populated island. ::Good maybe I can find a pay phone.:: she thought to herself. Thoughts of what occurred between herself and Yami seemed to vanish, for the moment at least, while thoughts of how to obtain food and money entered in their place.
::I wonder what I've gotten myself into.:: she thought as her foot made contact with the corner of a fountain and found herself flying face first into the cold waters unable to catch herself.
Kayla? Where are you? Kayla!” Yugi called. He had started his search but couldn't seem to find her. He worried not only for her safety but for Yami's as well. Yami still felt bad, feeling as if he had driven her away, but felt helpless to do anything. Yugi sighed feeling as if he'd never find her. But finally he heard the same sounds Kayla had, but couldn't understand what was being said. “Kayla!” he called again hoping and praying that she would hear him and come out from hiding.
Kayla never did meat with the waters however, for a pair of arms had caught her before she could make contact. “Thank you….” She spoke softly in English, not knowing why she'd done so. Perhaps it was due to her racing heart or perhaps she didn't feel like thinking.
“Are you alright? The speaker continued not missing a beat, as if he had heard her. “Come with me, I'm sure you might want to get out of those wet clothes.”
“But…”
“I understand your fear its alright…” those strong arms became more firm now, as if forcing her to chose to go with him. However something sent shivers down her spine.
“But….I ….”
“You're safe,” those same arms lifted her from the ground and carried her off. Being too week to struggle Kayla could only lie helpless in her captor's arms. Her voice week from crying prevented her from doing much screaming.
However, this didn't prevent her from trying. “Yami…. Onegai!” she cried scolding herself for crying out Yami's name. ::dam it…:: she thought.
“No one can help you now princess.”
Kayla allowed a gasp to come from her lips. No one, save for a select few, knew her secret. So if this person called her “princess” then he knew more then Kayla thought, or he called all girls “princess.” Either way she knew she'd become trapped and the only one that could save her, probly would never speak to her again after what she'd said.
::Why did I have to act that way?:: she thought salty tears streaming from tightly closed eyes.
“Now, now we have to break you of that now won't we. All good slaves know better then to cry.”
“Iie!” she screamed her racing heart activating the mystical silver crystal blinding her captor forcing him to have to drop her. She landed hard and scrambled to her feet not giving him a chance to recover. “Super moon crisis power make-up!” she cried thankful for once to be in her senshi fuku. She felt completely alone and knew she'd have to fight.
“You little slut you're just asking for it aren't you?” he had given chase now and seen her in her extremely skimpy outfit. At this moment, Kayla would have given anything to be slightly more covered up but now wasn't the time for complaining.
“Moon Tiara boomerang!” she shouted removing the glowing disc from her forehead. With careful aim she sent the small projectile at her captor only to have it miss.
“Not very good aim, are you? He laughed. “Do you honestly think that tiny little glowing Frisbee will stop me?”
“Tiara boomerang!” she called redirecting her attack. This time it had made a direct attack on its attended target.
“You little bitch I'll make you pay dearly for that.”
“Kayla where are-“ Yugi called seeing the glowing disc. He only knew one person with such a disc and fallowed it. “Kayla!” he shouted seeing a rather large man advance on her pinning her under him.
“I was not going to hurt you, but now I see that….this is not possible.” The man ripped at her skirt his claws cutting it easily much like a hot knife through butter. “I'm going to take your innanance away from you and there isn't anyone able to stop me.
“You get away from her!” Yugi yelled but the man continued lowering himself slowly down in order to force himself into her. She screamed out in pain as she felt a pressure pressing into her nether region.
“I said get away from her.” Yugi called plowing into the man distracting him from his task, but not before he had ample time to cause damage.
The man turned removing himself from Kayla and begun advancing on Yugi. However Kayla had been prepared for this.
“Stop right there!”
“Don't worry you'll get your turn girlly.”
“Moon Gorgeous Meditation!”
“What's that little stick going to…!” the man screamed in pain thrashing about wildly. His face took on a look like a dear caught in some headlines as his body begun to dissolve from the attack. In his place, a much smaller man, not much older then about ten at best, lie face first on the ground.
“Sailor moon….will…I mean…are you?” Yugi said running to the girl.
“Everything will be alright Yugi-kun. I'll get over it, but it looks like our problems are just getting started.”
“I don't understand…”
She put her hand on his shoulders and hugged him. “I think you and I need to talk. Lets go someplace more private.”
Yugi nodded leading Sailor moon back to the cave that Yami had taken her to when they had first arrived. She sat down allowing her transformation to fade before readjusting her still damp clothes. Her gaze averted to her hands as thoughts of what she'd have to say entered her mind. She sighed tears welling up while she forced words to come. “Yugi.”
“Take your time.” Yugi placed a hand on her shoulder a smile remaining in his voice. He knew what she wanted to say, and he also knew how difficult it must be for her to say it. He too had given their past, and now presents a lot of thought and knew while they may have been lovers in the past, time had changed them both. His feelings remained unchanged but not nearly as strong as the past. Perhaps it had to do with the way Yami looked at her. Maybe, it had to do with the rush of memory and emotion.
“Yugi, I love you, but I'm afraid not like I used too. I'll still protect you and I know you'll do the same for me.”
“I know, I'd seen this coming for quite some time now.” Yugi interrupted not ready to hear her finish that sentence or thought. Perhaps if she didn't say it out loud it would make it seem less real. “We've all changed and I know Yami loves you. Ever since you've come into his life he's been a happier person and…he truly loves you. I think he may have also loved you in the past.”
“I know, and I know its killing him not to be able too.”
“We can work it out, I'm not going to stand in the way of you two. I can not stand to see my friends hurt, and I'd rather lose you as a lover, and then lose you as a friend.
“You know, we can still have some what of a relationship.” Kayla sighed. “It won't be like the past, but we can still be close.”
“To be honest I don't think it was all that strong back then either. I was nothing more then a knight of the moon. You're protector.” Yugi then held his head as a memory flashed through him. The upturned crescent appeared on his forehead and he slowly begun to black out.
“Yugi!” Kayla cried. She held him close trying to keep him from somehow harming himself, but how to do this without cause for concern?
Kayla covered her eyes while supporting Yugi as Yami took over. “What happened?” Yami asked in somewhat of a panic, his jumbled feelings forgotten for the moment.
“I think it's a memory….I could only give him my memories, but even I don't remember everything…..” Kayla gasped as the same memory flashed through her mind, but since she had been more used to getting sudden memory flashes it didn't effect her. “Oh shit….”
“Kayla what's wrong? Why did Yugi faint, what could he have remembered?” He shifted slightly to lock his gaze with her own far off one.
Kayla snapped out of her trance and closed her eyes once again unable to look at Yami directly. “I've really screwed things up this time.” She cried unaware that Yami had been wiping away her tears. She hated herself for crying, seemingly unable to do anything but that these days. “Yugi and I weren't lovers, but more like half siblings…”
On the other side of the island, a young woman dressed in a maid's uniform had stopped off at the boardwalk on her way home from work. The uniform was nothing special, but it did bare the ever-so-famous Kc symbol. She had just purchased a snack when she spotted a wet mop of brown hair out of the corner of her eye. Cerioucity getting the better of her, she ran over to see if she knew the owner. “Mr. Kaiba….what are you doing here? We did not expect your visit. Where is Mokuba? And, who pray tell is your female friend?”
The man with the messy wet hair turned slowly not recalling the speaker. “Who are you , and how-“ he then spotted the symbol and gasped turning to Jenna. “I know where we are…” He then returned his attention to the woman. “Pardon me but our visit is rather unexpected. Is the usual suite available?”
“Yes…sir…” she gushed suddenly feeling speechless. “I'm off but I'll call ahead and have them leave you and your woman friend some fresh clothes.