Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The ledgon of a forgotten past revieled ❯ Lost at sea Jenna and seto adventure ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own anything except the plot. That means no Sailor Moon or Yu-Gi-Oh!

A/N: It's scary how when you start reverting back to what you used to do when all you had was MS Word, ne? Well, I will be back online more often now, but I am still working on my stories. Here is another chapter of a story I have been working on for a while now.

The waves crashed on the shore of a beach in the middle of nowhere. The wind was quiet and calm as two bodies washed up on shore. They were dressed in strange clothing and one was barely awake while the other was out cold. Both people shivered in the night as the wind chose that moment to pick up. The one who was awake placed his coat over his love after he detransformed back into the outfit he had on at the island. The coat was a little damp, but had dried considerably since the flood that nearly drowned him and his love two days ago.

A few moments later, a soft groan came from the form sleeping in his arms as the person slowly came to. Cyan eyes opened and blinked a few times to clear their owner's vision. She sat up a little bit with much effort when strong arms forced her softly down onto a lap. "No, don't move. You got beaten up pretty bad. I suggest you detransform though…" A soft, gentle voice told the girl before him.

"Seto?" the girl asked weakly.

"Its me. Now, rest. You truly can use it. It has been a long day." Seto continued to tell her, using the same gentle tone of voice he had been using ever since she woke up.

"But…" the girl began to protest.

"No buts, Jenna. You must listen to me." Seto said firmly to end any more chances of an argument later about it.

Jenna nodded and did as Seto had asked her to. However, Jenna couldn't seem to sleep and tossed and turned on his lap. Seto ran his hands through her hair and massaged her back softly. This worked for a while then she started shivering again. He sighed after trying until an hour before sunrise, not once sleeping in two days. But nothing he tried that night seemed to warm her up.

Just as the sun rose, Jenna awoke on her own, the shivering stopping with the rising sun as the warmth touched her ice-cold skin. She looked up at Seto, seeing he looked like he hadn't slept in a long time. She smiled, thinking and knowing that he watched over her while she slept. "Seto, honey, please go to sleep." Jenna pleaded.

"No, I can't sleep. I have to protect you. I don't know where we are and I don't want anything to happen to you." Seto explained.

"You forget I am the senshi of fire and I am glad you want to protect me, but you have to sleep some time. I can protect myself for a few hours. And with a little luck, maybe there is a way I can find out where we ended up and look for the others as well." Jenna reminded as she stood brushing the sand off her skin and mini-skirt. A moment later, she detransformed and got a lot of the sand off of her in the process.

"I am still against the idea somewhat, but you do have a point, my love. So, I will do as you say." Seto said, taking the coat that Jenna handed him and folded it like a pillow.

"Night, my love." Jenna stated as she kissed him on the forehead and wished she could do much more than that. However, she decided to hold off on it for now knowing, how he could be when given a surprise he might not want.

Seto did not answer as he took her advice and feel fast asleep, not really knowing how much he really needed it. Jenna looked about her as she tried to use the sun to try and determine where she was and hopefully find out what time of day it might be as well. She wrapped her arms around herself trying to get warm, but it didn't seem like that would happen any time soon. Her long hair blew against her face as she took in the landscape.

Jenna sighed an hour later as the only sounds that reached her ears were those of the light snoring given off by Seto and the crashing of the waves up on the shore. As the tied came in, Jenna pulled Seto up on shore a little more. She shook her head when he slept right through it and thought it might be best to try and find them something to eat, because, she herself, wanted something to eat, and figured he hadn't eaten since before he landed on the island.

She walked another mile or so down the shoreline when a sign on a boardwalk caught her eye. She then gasped when she saw it and ran down the beach as fast as her legs would allow, waking Seto.

Seto groaned and blinked in confusion when he saw the look on Jenna's face. He sat up slowly and looked her in the eye before he asked, "What's the matter?"

"Do you know how long we have been stranded?" Jenna asked, out of breath.

"First, calm down and take a few deep breaths." Seto instructed.

Jenna nodded and sighed as she did as she was told and got her breathing under control before repeating her question.

"No, not really?" Seto asked her, looking more and more confused.

"Well, from what I can tell, we are on a public beach, but where I do not know. There is a boardwalk about a mile up the shoreline with a lot of international stands. Most of which are gift shops and food courts." Jenna explained when her voice and breathing had returned to normal.

"Well, lets go and buy from one of the stands. It will give us an idea of where we are, country wise, at least." Seto suggested.

"How will that help us?" Jenna asked, the one now confused, not sure what Seto meant.

"If my guess is right, and I am not to sure about this, but if they don't except our payment, then we have been drifting a lot longer then we thought and have crossed international waters. Not by our own choosing either." Seto reassured as he stood, dusting off his coat and standing, looping an arm around Jenna and pulling her close to him.

"Good point, love." she said as she laid her head on his shoulder and closed her eyes a moment before opening them to take Seto to where she saw the boardwalk.

By the time they reached the boardwalk, the sun was well up in the sky and the early morning chill had been cleared from the air. Birds flew overhead as a light breeze blew past Jenna and Seto. Other people began forming lines in front of the food stands and Seto headed for the stand with the smallest line. The idea of being lost and having to ask for help didn't sit well with him and he was going to hate it.

"How may I help you?" someone asked in English.

"We would like to buy one of the rice balls and some sushi please." Seto replied standing in front of a Japanese table looking over the menu, which was in both languages, Seto himself speaking in English with a Japanese accent very heavy in his voice.

The cashier nodded and gave him the order, asking for payment in Japanese. Jenna gasped as one of two things happened, either they were still in Japan, or someone was really doing their homework and studying up on foreign languages.

But her questions were answered when the man behind the counter took Seto's money. :: Now all we have to do is find out what city we are closest too so we know how far the storm tossed us. And I hope the others are just as lucky as we are. :: Jenna thought as she and Seto started making plans to find their friends. Finding out what city they were nearest wasn't going to be very difficult.